Daily 7:00 AM on NickelodeonIn Season

ComicCon 2011

fewmet

[41]Jul 30, 2011
    • level: 12

cozmorocks12 wrote:

fewmet wrote:

cozmorocks12 wrote:

Oh oh. I certainly hope Scott Fellows comes back to write this one as well.

But really where else could they go with this? FOP is beyond a dead horse now, it's pretty much decomposing now.

EDIT: Looks like TUFF Puppy has been renewed for a third season.http://www.nickandmore.com/2011/07/29/nickelodeon-renews-t-u-f-f-puppy-for-third-season-brings-series-to-60-total-episodes/

Hartman had to say in the press release: ""I am truly thrilled to be able to make a brand-new litter of T.U.F.F. Puppy episodes," said Butch Hartman. "I love working on the show and I'm looking forward to expanding the world of Dudley Puppy with more villains, more gadgets, and even some surprises from Dudley and Kitty's past.""

This sounds great as TUFF Puppy definitely needs this in the first season. I wonder if season two is just going to be more of season one, if season three is when Hartman is thinking about barely starting this? ;D

I didn't even know that Tuff Puppy had finished its first season, much less been greenlit for a second and third. Nick's got a strange way of spinning things...

TUFF Puppy is about to barely finish airing it's first original greenlight of 13 episodes (once those two new episodes air in August). However it's first season was bumped up to a 20 episode season in Oct 2010, then in Feb 2011 TUFF Puppy received an additional 20 episode season. I'm surprised that Nick is being so quick to order episodes. They must really be starting to feel the pressure from Disney's rival programming especially from Phineas and Ferb, which beat a morning of Spongebob repeats last week again.

Yes, remember when we were talking a few weeks ago about how Disney actually beat Nick on a Saturday? I wondered if that was just a one-shot thing, but looks like it's starting to become a trend. I'm really happy for P&F - it's a fun show whose writers have their heads on straight about how to handle female characters. It's nice to see good work get rewarded.

As for the sequel to "Grow Up Timmy Turner", I wonder if it's actually been greenlit yet, or if Butch is just blowing smoke?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TAllen32

[42]Jul 30, 2011
    • level: 5

alfa9delta wrote:

LRifle wrote:

Well here is a bit of news...

Hartman just posted on his twitter that he is working on ideas for a FOP movie sequel.

I don't know if he's serious, but Nick has been playing this movie ALOT and I think they were more than pleased how it did. Considering how low budget this was, and that the DVD continues to be a high seller (and the itunes ripoff thing...) I'm sure they made truckloads of money so this is not entirely unexpected.

OMG! Seriously Mr. Hartman?

Seriously, Mr. Hartman?

...That reminds me... I really got to get back to writing my Fighter Tootie story.

LRifle

[45]Jul 31, 2011
    • level: 10

edmasterchaos wrote:
    Grow Upper Timmy Turner? Followed by the classic trilogy end, Grow Uppest Timmy Turner? so much growing? Well. I guess for what it was, it really was a success. And, Drake Bell's gonna get more popular now that he's voicing the next animated Spider-man, so, this makes sense. IDK how i feel about it but it makes sense.

I heard someone on twitter suggest "Get Married, Timmy Turner!"

FOP_fan17

[46]Jul 31, 2011
    • level: 22
    Sequel ideas already? Really? Not sure if Nick will be interested or not. I personally think the only true potential for a sequel would be a next generation story about Tommy, Tammy, and Poof. But I won't think about it much until I see promotional videos for it. There's no point in discussing it much until then, if it ever becomes a real thing.

cozmorocks12

[47]Jul 31, 2011
    • level: 14

FOP_fan17 wrote:
    Sequel ideas already? Really? Not sure if Nick will be interested or not. I personally think the only true potential for a sequel would be a next generation story about Tommy, Tammy, and Poof. But I won't think about it much until I see promotional videos for it. There's no point in discussing it much until then, if it ever becomes a real thing.

That's probably true considering there have been rumors of a live-action film since 2008 and just this year we got the movie. We probably won't have anything till two years from now.

FairyFan13

[48]Aug 2, 2011
    • level: 16
    If it's a sequel they need to focus on the married Life of Timmy and Tootie and their children, and Cosmo and Wanda living with them

edmasterchaos

[49]Aug 3, 2011
    • level: 41
    If there's a sequel coming, there's a long time before it gets done, i mean, they're just working on possible scripts for now, that's usually done before getting greenlighted. So, really no use speculating about it, at least, not in this thread.

imverybasic

[50]Aug 3, 2011
    • level: 16
    If there really is a sequel coming, what's going to be expected for the series in the future?

cozmorocks12

[51]Aug 3, 2011

The question should be with FOP almost done airing it's final animated episodes (probably within this year or early next year), whether viewers will still be interested in seeing another live-action movie (now that they've seen how great the first one came out) at least three years from now.

FOP_fan17

[52]Aug 3, 2011
    ^Yeah, I don't know how many people will want to see it....although I'd prefer to see it animated.

fewmet

[53]Aug 11, 2011
    • level: 12

The Phineas and Ferb movie got over 7 million viewers, which kind of puts the FOP movie's ratings in perspective. Surely there's no doubt now that it underperformed. And certainly the new episodes did. I think this show is toast.

cozmorocks12

[54]Aug 11, 2011

fewmet wrote:

The Phineas and Ferb movie got over 7 million viewers, which kind of puts the FOP movie's ratings in perspective. Surely there's no doubt now that it underperformed. And certainly the new episodes did. I think this show is toast.

Yeah I talked about it in the Official FOP Off-Topic Topic. Something interesting to note "Moreover, "Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension" ranked as cable's No. 1 animated telecast in more than 3 years among Kids 6-11 and Tweens 9-14 (since 2/18/08 – "Fairly OddBaby"),"

Nice to see Fairly OddBaby still being mentioned 3 years after it's premiere. It's a bummer newer "hit" FOP specials weren't able to top that success. That type of success I personally was most looking forward to.

edmasterchaos

[55]Aug 11, 2011
    • level: 41

fewmet wrote:

Uh... it underperformed because another special (a longer one with more planning and much bigger budget) did better? in other words, Lord of the Rings sucks cuz Titanic made more money?

Look, if you like Across the Second Dimension (who wouldn't?) and P&F that's great, but, there are forums on this very site for them. There's really no need to post about them here, it's like going to an IHOP and talking about how good Pizza Hut's pizza is.

FOP_fan17

[56]Aug 12, 2011
    ^I really chuckled at your last sentence there. As much as I respect everyone in this forum, I can't help but agree with you. A movie's over or underperformance can't be judged on how an entirely different movie on another station did. I understand that P&F has a larger fanbase, but its been like that for YEARS. I personally was not surprised by the live-action film's ratings....after such a long downhill slide, low budget and time limit, what else could you expect?

LRifle

[57]Aug 12, 2011
    • level: 10

Yeah, there is no reason to be bringing up another show whenever it gets better ratings than the FOP movie did. If anything, the P&F was disappointing considering that the pilot got 10 million viewers, and they were advertising the 2Dimension movie EVERYWHERE for a long time (I saw commercials for it during the NBA playoffs) not to mention it even has its own video game.

That being said though, the new P&F movie had a level of writing and quality FOP has lacked for some time. It had a very similar feel to Channel Chasers and Abra-Catastrophe, though I wouldn't say it was as good as those movies.

Also some other updates, Hartman said a rerun of Channel Chasers did very well ratings, and there is also a "new" episode (Poltergeeks/Beach Blanket Bozos, which are of course old ones) coming this Monday.

cozmorocks12

[58]Aug 13, 2011

LRifle wrote:

That being said though, the new P&F movie had a level of writing and quality FOP has lacked for some time. It had a very similar feel to Channel Chasers and Abra-Catastrophe, though I wouldn't say it was as good as those movies.

Yeah I definitely noticed this. The robots reminded me of those in Wishology, and the evil dictator taking over the world reminded me of decent knock off of Abra-Catastrophe and Channel Chasers. It's weird that I feel that I'm watching an FOP episode when I watch P&F. I could just imagine what great episodes could come out of P&F with Steve Marmel on board. Add-in that the creators supposedly taught their writers to forget about mean humor and we have another FOP.

cozmorocks12

[60]Aug 13, 2011

fewmet wrote:

cozmorocks12 wrote:

LRifle wrote:

Yeah I definitely noticed this. The robots reminded me of those in Wishology, and the evil dictator taking over the world reminded me of decent knock off of Abra-Catastrophe and Channel Chasers. It's weird that I feel that I'm watching an FOP episode when I watch P&F. I could just imagine what great episodes could come out of P&F with Steve Marmel on board. Add-in that the creators supposedly taught their writers to forget about mean humor and we have another FOP.

I'm not as crazy about Marmel as you are. I really don't think P & F need him. The writers/creators behind that show took pains to avoid all the boneheaded mistakes Hartman and Co. made with FOP. That's the main reason P & F has surged in popularity. The ratings for the P & F special took me by surprise, frankly (no I haven't seen it yet). Disney gets good ratings with its live-action stuff, but its animated stuff usually underperforms, unless it's got a popular show as a lead-in, as did the premiere ep of P & F, if I remember rightly (I think it was one of the High School Musical movies or something of that ilk.)

BTW, anybody got any excuses - er, theories - as to why none of the new FOP episodes made Nielsen's top 40?

My problem with Phineas and Ferb is it feels like the amount of characters is limited. Look at how many characters there are in FOP. Compare the number of new recurring characters before and after Poof. I feel that Marmel had a large role in encouraging these new characters (along with the many he created along with Hartman). And I have no doubt after seeing the quality drop between Danny Phantom's Seasons 2 and 3 that Marmel's departure had a large role in that. I understand you may not like Marmel after "Timmy the Barbarian" BUT I do recall reading about how Phineas and Ferb's creators made a point of teaching their writers who previously worked on Family Guy to not use mean humor at all. I feel that the only problem Marmel has is that. Take that out of the equation and we have the competent writer from FOP's and DP's earlier seasons.

But alas that is really my only complaint, and honestly P&F has clearly done regardless.

I don't think anyone really cares about FOP anymore. Honestly all the people I talk to are surprised to hear that new episodes are still being produced.