The Fairly OddParents Forums

Daily 7:00 AM on NickelodeonIn Season

Discussion: A Fairly Odd Christmas.

gideonbernstein

[1]Nov 28, 2012
    • level: 44

Please give your comments about the show here.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

alfa9delta

[2]Nov 29, 2012
    • level: 6

It premieres tonight! Here's a review from L.A. Times:http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-fairly-odd-christmas-review-20121129,0,7283255.story

FOP_fan17

[3]Nov 29, 2012
    • level: 22
    ^That was a nice review...but why was it rated TV-PG? "May be inappropriate for younger audiences?" That's the audience the show is geared toward! Onto my review...which will be long and contain SPOILERS. So if you don't want anything given away, I suggest reading no further until you've seen the special. The plot itself wasn't bad.....it was a combination of "The Santa Clause" and every other "Christmas must be saved" story. But it was good for a kids' Christmas special. Butch wrote it, and I think this was superb compared to 3/4 of the things we've been getting since "Fairly Odd Baby." If Hartman were more invested in the animated work, as in still writing episodes, I think the show would be in MUCH better shape than it is now.

Crocker's actor was a riot; no surprise there. My favorite line of his was, when being told he might be on the Naughty List, he replies, "What is that? A blog?" Jorgen's actor was good too - I enjoyed seeing him lose an arm wrestling match to an elf.

Nothing about Drake or Daniella really stood out to me - it was the interaction between the fairies that was unusual. I still haven't decided if I liked it or should be appalled. Cosmo and Wanda were still a team with Poof, gave solid advice and were helping out, just like always. But there were three jokes, if you could call them such, that had me surprised.

1) In the beginning, Cosmo says that he thinks some people think his voice is "irritating," but that he personally doesn't think so. Then he yells "RIGHT WANDA?", and she backs away (I think) and doesn't answer him. Butch has to be aware of the fans' complaints about Cosmo's voice - was this a subtle way of hinting "we finally get what you've been saying all these years?" Or just a joke meant to cause fan speculation?

2) Later on, Cosmo says he hasn't been this grossed out since "Wanda's mother came to live with us." And that he's seen "certain things that can't be unseen." I am of two opinions here: on one hand, I'm happy that Wanda's mother was mentioned again. On the other hand, both mentionings have portrayed her in a negative light. Wanda did seem to glare at Cosmo when he said this, so he was probably overexaggerating. And he has no room to talk about in-laws, since Mama Cosma has been far from kind to Wanda. But there's still a part of me that wanted to laugh at that line, and I was too surprised to do so.

3) But the biggest surprise of all - Carol the elf yelled at Wanda "You have a bad taste in husbands!" So combined with the voice jab, my inner self is screaming "YES! YOU FINALLY UNDERSTAND WHAT FANS HAVE BEEN COMPLAINING ABOUT!" At the same time, I was displeased to hear the joke directed at Wanda. It should have been directed at Cosmo, telling him he's a bad husband, since he was a nice guy when Wanda met him and so she DOESN'T have bad taste in men. But Wanda seemed to have a "How dare you say that?" attitude about it, and was thrilled when Cosmo did something in retaliation, so perhaps she wasn't taking it to heart. But I just thought I'd mention these in great detail, since I would have bet money we'd never hear ANY of those things in the series. As for the ending, I LOVED it. I was slightly disappointed about the source of the feud between the fairies and the elves. But that's hardly anything compared to my usual disappointments, so I'l let it slide. Crocker got his first real Christmas gift, Timmy and Tootie shared a kiss...those were both sweet.

But Cosmo, Wanda, and Poof were what made the ending great, particularly Poof. Cosmo and Wanda shared a genuine Christmas HUG, and I think it was romantic because I *thought* I could see pink and green glow emanating from them, and I'm pretty sure I saw them give each other flirtatious looks. Granted, the camera wasn't zoomed in on them (although it should have been) so I didn't see everything as good as I should have, but we hardly see any romance between them unless it involves Poof, so that was really nice!

The very last scene has Poof coming up close to the camera and saying, in a very cute voice, "God Bless Us Everyone!" I think that was my favorite part of the whole movie. It was nice to hear him finally talking in a fairy-propriate voice, and it was nice to see a kids' show mention faith. I must say that while my head's still spinning about those three lines I mentioned, I enjoyed this special.

Also, nothing to do with this movie, but I saw on the FOP Wiki that some production titles for next season are "Wanda At Large," "Cosmo's Brain," and "Fairy New Parents." I hope they're legitimate...I'm thrilled we're getting a Wanda episode (as her last one was an insult to the series, the fans, and the staff). The other two sound quite interesting....I'd love to hear updates as soon as someone gets them.

LRifle

[4]Nov 29, 2012
    • level: 10

^Those episode titles are fakes. In fact, when I googled the "Wanda at Large" one it led me to a forum post made here five years ago where it was mentioned as a fake title as well!

As for the movie, well, I think it had a lot of good and bad. Then again, I wasn't expecting much. I didn't notice those lines FOP fan said at first but now that I think about it, it does seem intentional.

Unfortunately though... these are all the right choices being made, on the wrong platform to do it. Having it happen in live action makes it feel distant and detached from the actual cartoon, and its disappointing. If Hartman put this much thought into his average FOP/Tuff episodes, people might actually be looking forward to them. Instead, we'll wind up with more Poof-era writer garbage.

cozmorocks12

[5]Nov 29, 2012
    • level: 14

FOP_fan17 wrote:
    ^That was a nice review...but why was it rated TV-PG? "May be inappropriate for younger audiences?" That's the audience the show is geared toward! Onto my review...which will be long and contain SPOILERS. So if you don't want anything given away, I suggest reading no further until you've seen the special. The plot itself wasn't bad.....it was a combination of "The Santa Clause" and every other "Christmas must be saved" story. But it was good for a kids' Christmas special. Butch wrote it, and I think this was superb compared to 3/4 of the things we've been getting since "Fairly Odd Baby." If Hartman were more invested in the animated work, as in still writing episodes, I think the show would be in MUCH better shape than it is now. Crocker's actor was a riot; no surprise there. My favorite line of his was, when being told he might be on the Naughty List, he replies, "What is that? A blog?" Jorgen's actor was good too - I enjoyed seeing him lose an arm wrestling match to an elf. Nothing about Drake or Daniella really stood out to me - it was the interaction between the fairies that was unusual. I still haven't decided if I liked it or should be appalled. Cosmo and Wanda were still a team with Poof, gave solid advice and were helping out, just like always. But there were three jokes, if you could call them such, that had me surprised. 1) In the beginning, Cosmo says that he thinks some people think his voice is "irritating," but that he personally doesn't think so. Then he yells "RIGHT WANDA?", and she backs away (I think) and doesn't answer him. Butch has to be aware of the fans' complaints about Cosmo's voice - was this a subtle way of hinting "we finally get what you've been saying all these years?" Or just a joke meant to cause fan speculation? 2) Later on, Cosmo says he hasn't been this grossed out since "Wanda's mother came to live with us." And that he's seen "certain things that can't be unseen." I am of two opinions here: on one hand, I'm happy that Wanda's mother was mentioned again. On the other hand, both mentionings have portrayed her in a negative light. Wanda did seem to glare at Cosmo when he said this, so he was probably overexaggerating. And he has no room to talk about in-laws, since Mama Cosma has been far from kind to Wanda. But there's still a part of me that wanted to laugh at that line, and I was too surprised to do so. 3) But the biggest surprise of all - Carol the elf yelled at Wanda "You have a bad taste in husbands!" So combined with the voice jab, my inner self is screaming "YES! YOU FINALLY UNDERSTAND WHAT FANS HAVE BEEN COMPLAINING ABOUT!" At the same time, I was displeased to hear the joke directed at Wanda. It should have been directed at Cosmo, telling him he's a bad husband, since he was a nice guy when Wanda met him and so she DOESN'T have bad taste in men. But Wanda seemed to have a "How dare you say that?" attitude about it, and was thrilled when Cosmo did something in retaliation, so perhaps she wasn't taking it to heart. But I just thought I'd mention these in great detail, since I would have bet money we'd never hear ANY of those things in the series. As for the ending, I LOVED it. I was slightly disappointed about the source of the feud between the fairies and the elves. But that's hardly anything compared to my usual disappointments, so I'l let it slide. Crocker got his first real Christmas gift, Timmy and Tootie shared a kiss...those were both sweet. But Cosmo, Wanda, and Poof were what made the ending great, particularly Poof. Cosmo and Wanda shared a genuine Christmas HUG, and I think it was romantic because I *thought* I could see pink and green glow emanating from them, and I'm pretty sure I saw them give each other flirtatious looks. Granted, the camera wasn't zoomed in on them (although it should have been) so I didn't see everything as good as I should have, but we hardly see any romance between them unless it involves Poof, so that was really nice! The very last scene has Poof coming up close to the camera and saying, in a very cute voice, "God Bless Us Everyone!" I think that was my favorite part of the whole movie. It was nice to hear him finally talking in a fairy-propriate voice, and it was nice to see a kids' show mention faith. I must say that while my head's still spinning about those three lines I mentioned, I enjoyed this special. Also, nothing to do with this movie, but I saw on the FOP Wiki that some production titles for next season are "Wanda At Large," "Cosmo's Brain," and "Fairy New Parents." I hope they're legitimate...I'm thrilled we're getting a Wanda episode (as her last one was an insult to the series, the fans, and the staff). The other two sound quite interesting....I'd love to hear updates as soon as someone gets them.

WOW! Definitely makes me want to actually see it now.... Hahahaha. I haven't seen it yet but now that I hear this I'll be sure to find it online somewhere! Although those two references clearly seem to be inspired by that very old letter we wrote back in 2008, I wonder why just now 4 years later we're barely getting any confirmation. Maybe Season 7/8 was done a long time before they finished airing in 2011 (Wow, time flies). Perhaps Hartman and the gang did not listen back in 2008 (still cannot believe that was 4 years ago) until I "nagged" Fred Seibert and Dave Thomas on their respective blogs... Hahahahaha. I very much hope that this is the case and that our upcoming (9th!) season will only bring us the changes that should have been here a long time ago. But seeing how Ray Delaurentis and Will Schifrin were involved inwritingthis special, along with TUFF Puppy also being renewed, I'm not so sure. Did they get a promotion? (I don't get why they're being clearly rewarded for themediocritythey've brought to FOP) But what's even more interesting is where the heck is Kevin Sullivan? Is he no longer involved with FOP episodes? Let's hope we get a decent replacement for him!

PookaMustard

[6]Nov 30, 2012
    • level: 5
    I loved the movie. It was better than the previous live action... Save for 4 scenes:

-Tootie speaking penguin. This is awkward, and only tells us she stopped stalking long ago... only to learn penguin.
    -The whole gloom thingy. I mean its Christmas, come on! Why do you have to force them to say "life is pain"?
    -Jorgen losing the arm wrestling. That's not Jorgen...

And the winner is:
    -The gloom reversing Vicky in complete, making her dance and be cheerful like freaking SpongeBob... Ahead of Butch freaking Hartman's eyes.

Other than that, the movie pleased me and I assure you it wasn't a total waste of time. They just need to put that logic into the main series itself, and fix the characterization. I'm hoping that season 9 won't disturbingly let me down.

FOP_fan17

[7]Nov 30, 2012
    @PookaMustard: I agree with you on the penguin thing. I know Tootie is an animal lover, but that doesn't mean she had to speak penguin. It seemed a little awkward. But Cosmo mentioned that and some other accomplishments of hers to the elves, so I thought it was sweet that the fairies seem to think quite highly of her. I also didn't like Vicky's gloom scene.....her dance at the end was just creepy. @Cozmorocks12: I can't believe four years have flown by, either! It doesn't feel like we were anticipating "Fairly Odd Baby" all that long ago. I certainly hope you aren't disappointed when you see the special. It should be on Nick again tonight at 8. I can't watch it, but I would love to see the last few minutes again to confirm if what I saw between Cosmo and Wanda really happened. @LRifle: Your last paragraph summed up quite well why I felt so split about those lines I mentioned. I liked the idea of them, they just didn't take place in the right setting. They should have happened in the first animated episode of the upcoming season. Did anyone else watch "Christmas Every Day" aftwards? I noticed they've been playing other pre-Poof episodes lately...the "Gland Plan" was on on Tuesday and "Hassle in the Castle" will be on later today. I'm glad they are playing these and some other post-Poof gems (like "Wishy Washy")....makes me hope they'll play stuff from the earliest seasons.

PookaMustard

[8]Nov 30, 2012
    • level: 5

@FOP_fan17, that Vicky scene broke my expectations... I was confident that Vicky WILL not show up in the same humiliating fashion like in the previous live action, because of the lack of word from Devon/Butch and Co., and because of the lack of promotional screenshots of her. Only to show up at the really end, to tell me that Crocker might be dominating season 9.

I'm wondering if Devon will refuse to be used as a cameo in the next live action though...

But this movie... almost changed my view of Poof and Crockerpot. Crocker's moments were very touching, including ditching his coal, when Timmy fell off the cliff, and when he talked to Timmy at Elmer's Realm. Better than the first live action movie of course.

Edited on 11/30/2012 9:14am
    Edited 2 total times.

FOP_fan17

[9]Nov 30, 2012
    ^Yeah, I liked those moments with Crocker, too. It was interesting to see a genuinely nice side of him, instead of a mostly obsessive, crazy one. It made me feel bad for him, though....had his childhood not been ruined, he might have had a much better life than the one he got. If I were Timmy, I'd do what I could to make it up to him. Just curious....what have you disliked about Poof? I think he's been an asset to the show; certain episodes about him have been beyond superb ("Mission: Responsible" being one of them.) He doesn't seem to do much in a lot of episodes, so to me, I've just never understood why some fans don't like him..he hardly ever makes bad situations worse, and sometimes he makes them better.

alfa9delta

[10]Nov 30, 2012
    I like this movie, much better than "Grow Up, Timmy Turner!", for sure. It was long enough so the story would be developed without rush, and putting Crocker in the spotlight was a right choice, the actor who plays him is just amazing.
    Of course it had some bad parts, like Vicky's cameo. I'd rather if she wasn't in the movie at all.

But it also had it's good, as the jokes. I found the movie pretty funny, much more than any season 6/7/8 episode. Crocker's lines were good, and some of Cosmo's too. About Cosmo, they really decided to lampshade all the complaints that the fans have been made ​​about his characterization: His voice change, and the "bad husband" thing; actually, I found it pretty funny. Of course, as Lord Beckett said, they should try to fix this things on the cartoon, instead of mentioning them in the live-action, but still, I laughed with this lines.

What I found annoying were the "crazy Santa" bits. I mean, in the beginning when he says he's the Easter Bunny, was quite funny, but then it became repetitive and lame. And Jorgen was totally out-of-character there.

But I must tell you, hearing the tune of "I Wish Everyday Could Be Christmas" was heart warming, tough it'd be nice if Timmy mentioned "that time when I wished for Christmas everyday", or "that time with the wishmas", old-school FOP fans would feel delighted.

cozmorocks12

[11]Nov 30, 2012

FOP_fan17 wrote:
    @PookaMustard: I agree with you on the penguin thing. I know Tootie is an animal lover, but that doesn't mean she had to speak penguin. It seemed a little awkward. But Cosmo mentioned that and some other accomplishments of hers to the elves, so I thought it was sweet that the fairies seem to think quite highly of her. I also didn't like Vicky's gloom scene.....her dance at the end was just creepy. @Cozmorocks12: I can't believe four years have flown by, either! It doesn't feel like we were anticipating "Fairly Odd Baby" all that long ago. I certainly hope you aren't disappointed when you see the special. It should be on Nick again tonight at 8. I can't watch it, but I would love to see the last few minutes again to confirm if what I saw between Cosmo and Wanda really happened. @LRifle: Your last paragraph summed up quite well why I felt so split about those lines I mentioned. I liked the idea of them, they just didn't take place in the right setting. They should have happened in the first animated episode of the upcoming season. Did anyone else watch "Christmas Every Day" aftwards? I noticed they've been playing other pre-Poof episodes lately...the "Gland Plan" was on on Tuesday and "Hassle in the Castle" will be on later today. I'm glad they are playing these and some other post-Poof gems (like "Wishy Washy")....makes me hope they'll play stuff from the earliest seasons.

Yeah the whole Tootie talking to penguins smelled like a stupid heavily cliched plot device. Along with the unnecessary melodramatic cliffhangers before every commercial break, this special feels especially brainless. Like why didn't Tootie just take Santa's place? I'm sure she wasn't on the naughty list, right? How is Crocker able to see Timmy's fairies without any consequence? Why did it seem like Crocker was stupider than usual (eating the ginger breadman's head? seems like something Cosmo would've done)? Why do we have all random revelations about the characters that make no sense nor are funny? The whole elf conflict? The gloom threat was pointless and only made an already convoluted plot even more so. I didn't think Crocker nor Timmy's Dad were that funny either, (good actors but there's only so much they can do). Pretty much all the problems with Season 7/8 obviously could be seen in this special. Hartman's writers aren't the only problem. Clearly he is too.

Cosmo and Wanda did hug and are looking like they're very much in love at the very end but I don't think it really made up for the rest of the special. Cosmo dissing Wanda's mom was out of nowhere and I didn't think he was that nice to Wanda. Heck when the elf guy throws the snowball it hits Wanda instead of Cosmo. Obviously it was meant as a joke but still its disconcerting to see Wandasufferingfrom slapstick, when it should only be Cosmo. I honestly don't think Hartman was meaning to say with the whole "joke" about Cosmo's voice, and "bad choice in husbands" as a "we heard your complaints and are going to do something about it", but instead mocking the complaints as "we heard ya, and we're not doing anything about it". Sorta disappointed. I don't have much hope for next season IMO. It's even more disappointing considering Hartman was the one whose credited with writing the teleplay (I'm assuming this means the individual lines and all the dialogue). If this is the best we can get from the FOP's creator (only person one could argue would have the capability of saving this show), makes me worry about what we'll get in season 9 since Hartman will most likely not putting all his effort in FOP but his DOA baby TUFF Puppy.

Honestly the only part I laughed was when Vicky is all happy and singing with the gloom thing. Rest of it I was just pretty much rolling my eyes. I'm particularly interested in what ratings this special pulled in. I'm going to guess the 3-4 million range. But alas we'll see. 26 episodes to go. And seeing how Nick is resorting to only reruns of FOP and Spongebob on its main channel (with its rating decline recently) I wouldn't be surprised to see even more episodes ordered. Yipee!

Edited on 11/30/2012 11:24am
    Edited 2 total times.

alfa9delta

[12]Nov 30, 2012

cozmorocks12 wrote:

Yeah the whole Tootie talking to penguins smelled like a stupid heavily cliched plot device. Along with the unnecessary melodramatic cliffhangers before every commercial break, this special feels especially brainless. Like why didn't Tootie just take Santa's place? I'm sure she wasn't on the naughty list, right? How is Crocker able to see Timmy's fairies without any consequence? Why did it seem like Crocker was stupider than usual (eating the ginger breadman's head? seems like something Cosmo would've done)? Why do we have all random revelations about the characters that make no sense nor are funny? The whole elf conflict? The gloom threat was pointless and only made an already convoluted plot even more so. I didn't think Crocker nor Timmy's Dad were that funny either, (good actors but there's only so much they can do). Pretty much all the problems with Season 7/8 obviously could be seen in this special. Hartman's writers aren't the only problem. Clearly he is too.

Cosmo and Wanda did hug and are looking like they're very much in love at the very end but I don't think it really made up for the rest of the special. Cosmo dissing Wanda's mom was out of nowhere and I didn't think he was that nice to Wanda. Heck when the elf guy throws the snowball it hits Wanda instead of Cosmo. Obviously it was meant as a joke but still its disconcerting to see Wandasufferingfrom slapstick, when it should only be Cosmo. I honestly don't think Hartman was meaning to say with the whole "joke" about Cosmo's voice, and "bad choice in husbands" as a "we heard your complaints and are going to do something about it", but instead mocking the complaints as "we heard ya, and we're not doing anything about it". Sorta disappointed. I don't have much hope for next season IMO. It's even more disappointing considering Hartman was the one whose credited with writing the teleplay (I'm assuming this means the individual lines and all the dialogue). If this is the best we can get from the FOP's creator (only person one could argue would have the capability of saving this show), makes me worry about what we'll get in season 9 since Hartman will most likely not putting all his effort in FOP but his DOA baby TUFF Puppy.

Honestly the only part I laughed was when Vicky is all happy and singing with the gloom thing. Rest of it I was just pretty much rolling my eyes. I'm particularly interested in what ratings this special pulled in. I'm going to guess the 3-4 million range. But alas we'll see. 26 episodes to go.Yipee!

"the whole Tootie talking to penguins smelled like a stupid heavily cliched plot device" - Agreed, plus, there are no penguins in North Pole. They made this mistake once, already, in "Fairy Idol".

"why didn't Tootie just take Santa's place?" - Jorgen tells that Da Rules says that when a godchild makes a holiday king unable to do his job, THIS GODCHILD should replace him, not anyone else.

"How is Crocker able to see Timmy's fairies without any consequence?" - Well, he saw them, but Timmy never told about their existence...

"Why did it seem like Crocker was stupider than usual (eating the ginger breadman's head? seems like something Cosmo would've done)? Why do we have all random revelations about the characters that make no sense nor are funny?" - I found them funny '-'

"The whole elf conflict? The gloom threat was pointless and only made an already convoluted plot even more so." Agreed "I didn't think Crocker nor Timmy's Dad were that funny either" Timmy's dad was lame, but Crocker was pretty funny

"Pretty much all the problems with Season 7/8 obviously could be seen in this special. Hartman's writers aren't the only problem. Clearly he is too." - Don't know, I think season 7/8 episodes were clearly worse than this special.

Edited on 11/30/2012 1:11pm
    Edited 2 total times.

FOP_fan17

[13]Nov 30, 2012
    In addition to the penguins thing, I didn't like Santa changing into different characters so often. The first time I could understand, but not after that. That and the penguins thing were the two main annoyances about this special. But alfa9delta, I think you mean GODCHILD, not grandchild. Tootie couldn't take Timmy's place because only the godchild responsible for the situation can do it. However, I still think this special was better than mostly everything from seasons 7 and 8. I can't stand to watch most of the episodes in those seasons, but this had watchability. The plot was OK, like I said in my first review, it's fine if all you expect going in is a cliched kids' Christmas special...and that's exactly what it was. This is the first episode in a long time that didn't make me want to pull my hair out, so that made it enjoyable for me. I was so glad it wasn't pure drivel (like most of seasons 7 and that I feel more appreciative towards the things I did like than wanting to complain about what I didn't like.

As for Wanda getting hit by the snowball....I was appalled to see that in the advertisements, so I already knew it was coming and it didn't resonate with me in any way for me to point it out. I don't think it's nearly as bothersome as all of the other slapstick humor she's been subjected to, because it didn't involve cruel names and was being done by a different person (not an actual family member). So for me, while definitely mean and not something I'd want to see again, it wasn't done in the same malicious way Cosmo intends when he does that stuff....it was just a silly feud with elves.

cozmorocks12

[14]Nov 30, 2012

alfa9delta wrote:

cozmorocks12 wrote:

Honestly the only part I laughed was when Vicky is all happy and singing with the gloom thing. Rest of it I was just pretty much rolling my eyes. I'm particularly interested in what ratings this special pulled in. I'm going to guess the 3-4 million range. But alas we'll see. 26 episodes to go.Yipee!

"the whole Tootie talking to penguins smelled like a stupid heavily cliched plot device" - Agreed, plus, there are no penguins in North Pole. They made this mistake once, already, in "Fairy Idol".

"why didn't Tootie just take Santa's place?" - Jorgen tells that Da Rules says that when a grandchild makes a holiday king unable to do his job, THIS GRANDCHILD should replace him, not anyone else.

"How is Crocker able to see Timmy's fairies without any consequence?" - Well, he saw them, but Timmy never told about their existence...

"Why did it seem like Crocker was stupider than usual (eating the ginger breadman's head? seems like something Cosmo would've done)? Why do we have all random revelations about the characters that make no sense nor are funny?" - I found them funny '-'

"The whole elf conflict? The gloom threat was pointless and only made an already convoluted plot even more so." Agreed "I didn't think Crocker nor Timmy's Dad were that funny either" Timmy's dad was lame, but Crocker was pretty funny

"Pretty much all the problems with Season 7/8 obviously could be seen in this special. Hartman's writers aren't the only problem. Clearly he is too." - Don't know, I think season 7/8 episodes were clearly worse than this special.

Oh yeah I completely forgot Jorgen did show him that in the Da Rules. oops.

I thought once someone found out about someones fairies, they're supposed to go away forever regardless if the godchild tells someone or not.

I think revelations could have been funny if they made sense and didn't seem so random.

I feel like Hartmanerroneouslybelieves that Dad, Crocker, and Cosmo are the only comic reliefs of the show so not only is FOP seemingly centered around them no one else was really comedic. The problem is when those three aren't funny, the show feels lacking since it really does not have anything else going for it. I feel its better when everyone is zany, wasn't that what was this show was before? But I'll concede Crocker's actor does a fantastic job portraying Crocker, he's not the problem, his character is.

Lazy plot devices, a very small cast with the usual, really no continuity with the show (it's not like Hartman is the creator or been involved since FOP started), unfunny Wanda violence/comments (one scene Timmy's Dad pushes Mom off the screen!), and an unnecessary focus on unfunny characters Crocker, Cosmo, and Timmy's Dad.

alfa9delta

[15]Nov 30, 2012

FOP_fan17 wrote:
    But alfa9delta, I think you mean GODCHILD, not grandchild. Tootie couldn't take Timmy's place because only the godchild responsible for the situation can do it.

LOL, I did, sorry.

BTW, I found a download link for the movie, here.

alfa9delta

[16]Nov 30, 2012

According to "Nick and More", "A Fairly Odd Christmas scored a very nice 4.473 million total viewers last night!", becoming the 5th most watched program on Nick this year (behind iCarly, KCA, iCarly & Korra).

Edited on 11/30/2012 2:57pm

cozmorocks12

[17]Nov 30, 2012

alfa9delta wrote:

According to "Nick and More", "A Fairly Odd Christmas scored a very nice 4.473 million total viewers last night!", becoming the 5th most watched program on Nick this year (behind iCarly, KCA, iCarly & Korra).

Slightly higher than I guessed. Wow. That sure is "good news" I suppose. Long live FOP and Hartman's reign at Nick. >

LRifle

[18]Nov 30, 2012
    Yeah, ratings are pretty much what you'd expect. Not as strong as the first one, but retained more viewers than you'd expect and still scored more viewers any animated FOP movie since Fairly Odd Baby.

I guess we'll have to wait and see how the new animated season does. The writing of TUFF Puppy didn't last long, the show has dipped below 2 million viewers for its premieres, unacceptable numbers for a Hartman show. So, those same writers which also wrote FOP's recent seasons, either need to get their act together or better yet their already being fired and replaced.

FOP_fan17

[19]Nov 30, 2012
    I really hate to be pessimistic, but I caught the last 15 minutes of the movie tonight, and I noticed something during the fairy and elf hugs:

Carol and Dave, both of whom show nothing more than platonic love through the entire movie, had hearts spinning around their heads.

Wanda, even after having her mother and cupcakes insulted, had hearts spinning around her head.

Guess what Cosmo had spinning around his? BURGERS. How incredibly romantic. On a more POSITIVE note, this Sunday Nick is having an "FOP Sunday." They will be playing all of the FOP movies, starting at 12. I'm excited and I plan to tune in, since all the movies up through "Fairly Odd Baby" were good. Maybe I'll watch the ones after that, just for the sake of it. I don't know which ones may not be included (if any) and what order they are playing in, but it should be available to see on Nick's schedule come midnight tonight. I didn't see a point making a separate thread for this, so sorry for going off-topic here.

LRifle

[20]Nov 30, 2012
    I didn't even notice the hearts /burgers around Wanda and Cosmo at first, I did see the elfs hearts but I was rolling my eyes at more bad CGI being placed on screen. The Crocker bad breath gas was pretty cringe worthy too.

This movie seemed to have a problem with running gags, especially with the bad breath, poop jokes, and crazy Santa. That is a troubling sign of things to come if Hartman still hasn't dropped that formula. I didn't mind the Tootie penguin gag as much, but its just more lazy writing. They could have explained why she could speak to the penguin better, such as linking it to her protectionism of animals in the 1st movie, but really, it feels like this is more of something of Daniella's personal interest (PETA) she is forcing onto the character. The only really Tootie in-character moment is when Santa said her old gifts were a chemistry set and ballerina shoes, and well the simple fact she is in love with Timmy, but really they don't need all this extra crap for her. I hope the people who historically have whined about her being too creepy or whatever aren't the reason for these changes, because I really miss the old Tootie and I'd rather not have another season 7 where she appears in one or two heavily demeaning episodes of the cartoon.

Thankfully, the penguin talking was done for after that one scene. The running gags were not as easy to sit through. As for Drake Bell, he really needs to leave sometime. His music career is a joke, he is making a laughing stalk of himself by regressing back to Nick and doing these movies, and his performance in this movie was an embarrassment.