The Fairly OddParents Forums

Daily 7:00 AM on NickelodeonIn Season

Discussion: A Fairly Odd Christmas.

cozmorocks12

[21]Nov 30, 2012
    • level: 14

LRifle wrote:
    I didn't even notice the hearts /burgers around Wanda and Cosmo at first, I did see the elfs hearts but I was rolling my eyes at more bad CGI being placed on screen. The Crocker bad breath gas was pretty cringe worthy too. This movie seemed to have a problem with running gags, especially with the bad breath, poop jokes, and crazy Santa. That is a troubling sign of things to come if Hartman still hasn't dropped that formula. I didn't mind the Tootie penguin gag as much, but its just more lazy writing....

Couldn't have been said it any better. This was exactly what l was trying to get at with my comments regarding the movie. Hartman can't write humor and when that is supposedly his strong suit (he can't write drama or anything seriously. plus he won't as humor is his priority #1), things do not look good for FOP.

Here's the schedule for Sunday: Odd Christmas, Channel Chasers, Fairy Idol, Odd Baby, Abra-Catastrophe, Merry Wishmas, another repeat of Odd Christmas. Interestingly no Wishology or School's Out. Hmmmmmm.

Edited on 11/30/2012 10:05pm
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

FOP_fan17

[22]Dec 1, 2012
    • level: 22
    ^"Grow Up, Timmy Turner!" should be in there somewhere. I've had enough live-action with FOP now, so I'll be tuning in for Fairy Idol, Odd Baby, Abra-Catastrophe, and Merry Wishmas. I am not a fan of Channel Chasers; I wish they would have replaced it with School's Out. But a lot of fans love CC, so I guess that was a smarter move. Wishology I couldn't care less about....that was the biggest waste of three hours I've ever spent.

I read somewhere (but I can't remember where) that recording for Season 9 began back in June 2012. So I wonder when they'll air the new season, if it will take until March to finish it.

stephdumas

[23]Dec 1, 2012
    • level: 10

LRifle wrote:
    As for Drake Bell, he really needs to leave sometime. His music career is a joke, he is making a laughing stalk of himself by regressing back to Nick and doing these movies, and his performance in this movie was an embarrassment.

I begin to wonder if Drake Bell might be typecast for the role of Timmy Turner? Seems then his career goes nowhere and I wonder if he might follow the same path as Dustin Diamond ("Screech" from "Saved by the Bell") did?

cozmorocks12

[24]Dec 1, 2012

FOP_fan17 wrote:
    ^"Grow Up, Timmy Turner!" should be in there somewhere. I've had enough live-action with FOP now, so I'll be tuning in for Fairy Idol, Odd Baby, Abra-Catastrophe, and Merry Wishmas. I am not a fan of Channel Chasers; I wish they would have replaced it with School's Out. But a lot of fans love CC, so I guess that was a smarter move. Wishology I couldn't care less about....that was the biggest waste of three hours I've ever spent. I read somewhere (but I can't remember where) that recording for Season 9 began back in June 2012. So I wonder when they'll air the new season, if it will take until March to finish it.

Early 2013 sounds like a good guess. Perhaps another premiere on Presidents' Day? i'm guessing first episode is gonna be called Fairly Odd Puppy. bahahahaha.

alfa9delta

[25]Dec 1, 2012
    • level: 6
    cozmorocks12 wrote:

FOP_fan17 wrote:
    ^"Grow Up, Timmy Turner!" should be in there somewhere. I've had enough live-action with FOP now, so I'll be tuning in for Fairy Idol, Odd Baby, Abra-Catastrophe, and Merry Wishmas. I am not a fan of Channel Chasers; I wish they would have replaced it with School's Out. But a lot of fans love CC, so I guess that was a smarter move. Wishology I couldn't care less about....that was the biggest waste of three hours I've ever spent. I read somewhere (but I can't remember where) that recording for Season 9 began back in June 2012. So I wonder when they'll air the new season, if it will take until March to finish it.

Early 2013 sounds like a good guess. Perhaps another premiere on Presidents' Day? i'm guessing first episode is gonna be called Fairly Odd Puppy. bahahahaha.

This fairy dog really worries me. I hope it'll be more a recurring/one-time character than a main cast member

PookaMustard

[26]Dec 1, 2012
    • level: 5

We'll see... however, I read once somewhere on the wikia that Timmy will get a snap on Vicky. Predictions are, Sparky's main episode will have Vicky as a main role somehow. But I hope the dog hangs out at Mama Cosma than having FOUR following Timmy all the time.

Also, how did Drake fail his role as Timmy? I see he has made a well done job acting Timmy. Especially the moment Jorgen told him that he is the new Santa.

I'll be gone... SA2B ate me these days.

Edited on 12/01/2012 10:28am

cozmorocks12

[27]Dec 1, 2012

alfa9delta wrote:
    cozmorocks12 wrote:

FOP_fan17 wrote:

This fairy dog really worries me. I hope it'll be more a recurring/one-time character than a main cast member

Seeing as it is most likely appearing in an hour episode it's clear that it'll be a main character.

FOP_fan17

[28]Dec 1, 2012

PookaMustard wrote:

But I hope the dog hangs out at Mama Cosma than having FOUR following Timmy all the time.

Also, how did Drake fail his role as Timmy? I see he has made a well done job acting Timmy. Especially the moment Jorgen told him that he is the new Santa.

Excellent point! With Sparky around, there will be four creatures to disguise. There's already chaos with three of them, we don't need a fourth. I fail to see how Wanda would allow Timmy to have any pet in the first place, let alonea fairy dog. He already has a bad track record with pets. Sure, a fairy dog can probably take care of himself much better, but him having magic will make things worse. Wanda's hands are full already, and a dog is only going to increase the workload.

Who said Drake failed as his role playing Timmy? I think he did a splendid job. All of the live-action actors were well chosen for their parts, I'll give them that.

cozmorocks12

[29]Dec 1, 2012

FOP_fan17 wrote:

PookaMustard wrote:

But I hope the dog hangs out at Mama Cosma than having FOUR following Timmy all the time.

Excellent point! With Sparky around, there will be four creatures to disguise. There's already chaos with three of them, we don't need a fourth. I fail to see how Wanda would allow Timmy to have any pet in the first place, let alonea fairy dog. He already has a bad track record with pets. Sure, a fairy dog can probably take care of himself much better, but him having magic will make things worse. Wanda's hands are full already, and a dog is only going to increase the workload.

Who said Drake failed as his role playing Timmy? I think he did a splendid job. All of the live-action actors were well chosen for their parts, I'll give them that.

Honestly seeing how in the live action there was no big deal about Timmy's fairies being seen in public I doubt a fairy dog will be that big of a difference.

LRifle

[30]Dec 1, 2012
    The Sparky dog thing is being used as a way to give Snaptrap's (from TUFF Puppy) no-name voice actor a more significant role. It is yet another troubling sign, not necessarily just because its yet another distracting "mouth to feed" when it comes to giving it episodes and such, but because they are doing everything they can to retain the TUFF Puppy writing and voicing cast on FOP for economic reasons, and those writers are the worst on the entire network. Conversely, I do hope that means Grey Delisle is given time to voice Vicky and Tootie, which have been represented more in jarring live action than they have the past several years on the cartoon. Especially Tootie, her sudden promotion in these movies as well as getting some love at ComicCon, that gives me a glimmer of hope in the sea of despair that is the upcoming season. Of course, I've been disappointed before, and now with this FOP movie getting big ratings again, I'm sure Hartman is going to slouch back into his relaxed, cheap mass producing "every episode is about cosmo/dad/crocker" mode.

LRifle

[31]Dec 1, 2012

FOP_fan17 wrote:
    ^"Grow Up, Timmy Turner!" should be in there somewhere. I've had enough live-action with FOP now, so I'll be tuning in for Fairy Idol, Odd Baby, Abra-Catastrophe, and Merry Wishmas. I am not a fan of Channel Chasers; I wish they would have replaced it with School's Out. But a lot of fans love CC, so I guess that was a smarter move. Wishology I couldn't care less about....that was the biggest waste of three hours I've ever spent.

My guide shows the first FOP movie sandwiched in there.. its the hour long edition though. Funny, the live action Christmas movie didn't get such slice-n-dice treatment, so for a lot of viewers that will likely be the first time they see live action Vicky.

With Wishology, well, its a 3 hour timeslot hog, even in repeats its ratings tend to stink.

Edited on 12/01/2012 9:41pm

cozmorocks12

[32]Dec 1, 2012

LRifle wrote:
    Of course, I've been disappointed before, and now with this FOP movie getting big ratings again, I'm sure Hartman is going to slouch back into his relaxed, cheap mass producing "every episode is about cosmo/dad/crocker" mode.

I'm sure even with a massive bomb, Hartman couldn't care less nowadays. It's obvious nothing will get through to him.

FOP_fan17

[33]Dec 2, 2012
    I probably should have made a different thread for this, but there's hardly anyone in here so I don't see the point. I am a member of other forums in addition to this one, and while in one of them today I came across a "What Are Your Guilty Pleasures?" thread. One of the users in there mentioned that she likes watching FOP, and another user mentioned that she likes FOP and think it's a good kids' show.

The kicker? These two people are probably in their 30's/40's (I know one of them is), and they are childfree. At least one is happily married, they have no children and never plan to, yet they watch FOP! I just thought it was interesting that some people who have at least a good decade, if not more, on us and no kids actually LIKE FOP. I no longer feel too old to watch this show....I figured any older viewers besides the ones in here were parents of kid fans!

PookaMustard

[34]Dec 2, 2012
    • level: 5

I hope everything goes well for FOP this season... and then... scrap season 6, 7 and 8 except their rare diamonds (like Frenemy Mine). Its my favorite cartoon, besides Tom & Jerry.

Now... Sparky...

cozmorocks12

[35]Dec 3, 2012

FOP_fan17 wrote:
    I probably should have made a different thread for this, but there's hardly anyone in here so I don't see the point. I am a member of other forums in addition to this one, and while in one of them today I came across a "What Are Your Guilty Pleasures?" thread. One of the users in there mentioned that she likes watching FOP, and another user mentioned that she likes FOP and think it's a good kids' show. The kicker? These two people are probably in their 30's/40's (I know one of them is), and they are childfree. At least one is happily married, they have no children and never plan to, yet they watch FOP! I just thought it was interesting that some people who have at least a good decade, if not more, on us and no kids actually LIKE FOP. I no longer feel too old to watch this show....I figured any older viewers besides the ones in here were parents of kid fans!

Just shows how much staying power this show has. Nick has recently been rerunning FOP a lot along with Spongebob since it still does very well in reruns.

bewitchedfan2k

[36]Dec 3, 2012
    • level: 12

FOP_fan17 wrote:
    I probably should have made a different thread for this, but there's hardly anyone in here so I don't see the point. I am a member of other forums in addition to this one, and while in one of them today I came across a "What Are Your Guilty Pleasures?" thread. One of the users in there mentioned that she likes watching FOP, and another user mentioned that she likes FOP and think it's a good kids' show. The kicker? These two people are probably in their 30's/40's (I know one of them is), and they are childfree. At least one is happily married, they have no children and never plan to, yet they watch FOP! I just thought it was interesting that some people who have at least a good decade, if not more, on us and no kids actually LIKE FOP. I no longer feel too old to watch this show....I figured any older viewers besides the ones in here were parents of kid fans!

30 in a few weeks, no kids (never want any), love it. Odd Christmas aired on Saturday over this side of the pond have it on my sky+ havn't got round to watching it yet, but will.

Edited on 12/03/2012 8:35am

fewmet

[37]Dec 3, 2012
    • level: 12

cozmorocks12 wrote:

FOP_fan17 wrote:

Just shows how much staying power this show has. Nick has recently been rerunning FOP a lot along with Spongebob since it still does very well in reruns.

It does relatively well in reruns. It's a true sign of how far Nick has fallen when a special that gets a measly 4 and a half million viewers - a reduction from the last FOP special, by the way - is something for the network to get excited about. Remember when FOP used to get around 6 or 7 million viewers every Saturday morning, and for episodes that were RERUNS?

Oh, have I seen the new special? No. Don't want to.

FOP_fan17

[38]Dec 3, 2012

bewitchedfan2k wrote:

30 in a few weeks, no kids (never want any), love it. Odd Christmas aired on Saturday over this side of the pond have it on my sky+ havn't got round to watching it yet, but will.

I'm only 21, but I don't ever want children, either. The thought of adding another human being to this overpopulated, terrible planet and then making a 24/7, 20 year + committment to it makes me feel disgusted.

Fewmet, I don't blame you for not watching the special. There are only a handful of really nice things about it, and some of them aren't even genuine, so you didn't miss much.

FOP_fan17

[39]Dec 3, 2012

fewmet wrote:

cozmorocks12 wrote:

FOP_fan17 wrote:

I'm curious, do the ratings change depending on the episodes being aired? I would have thought that since practically all fans agree that the best episodes are from the first four seasons, and Nick rarely plays them, that newer episodes wouldn't do so well in rerun.

Also, does anyone know how Fairly Odd Sunday did with viewership? I can imagine that the older movies like Fairy Idol and Abra Catastrophe! did quite well. They should have thrown out the first live-action Christmas special and replaced it with School's Out! I like that one a lot and it would have been a nice reminder of the good old days.

It does relatively well in reruns. It's a true sign of how far Nick has fallen when a special that gets a measly 4 and a half million viewers - a reduction from the last FOP special, by the way - is something for the network to get excited about. Remember when FOP used to get around 6 or 7 million viewers every Saturday morning, and for episodes that were RERUNS?

Oh, have I seen the new special? No. Don't want to.

gideonbernstein

[40]Dec 7, 2012
    • level: 44

Crocker didn't believe in the North Pole or polar bears? What kind of teacher is he?