The Fairly OddParents Forums

Daily 7:00 AM on NickelodeonIn Season

"Fairly OddPet" premiering March 23!

alfa9delta

[1]Mar 1, 2013
    • level: 6

According to MSN TV listings, there's a new FOP called "Fairly OddPet", airing Saturday, March 23 (the day of the KCA).

Source

Looks like Season 9 is finally here! =D

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

fewmet

[2]Mar 1, 2013
    • level: 12

Ew, three stinkeroos..Big Wanda, Teeth for Two and Timmy the Barbarian.

As for Fairly Oddpet, screw the pooch, I'm not watching.

PookaMustard

[3]Mar 2, 2013
    • level: 5
    So that's why it had to be aired on that day eh? And that's why it was picked by the KCA... Looks like I'm going to download this time unless... oh wait, its a Saturday.

This is the last hope. You heard me Butch? One mess up, and as Foop loves to say, YOU'RE DOOMED!

cozmorocks12

[4]Mar 2, 2013
    • level: 14
    Honestly airing the same day as the KCAs could really give us another ratings smash like Fairly OddBaby. The situations are very similar as it's been a year with largely very little new FOP. I'm very excited to see what the ratings will be.

PookaMustard

[5]Mar 2, 2013
    Now if we look at the MSN TV page Alfa posted, we will notice Carlos, Crocker's voice actor. I just knew one thing that may be possible.

Crocker's there!

However, did I read the lovable name we know as Grey DeLisle?
    ERROR.

Brace yourselves, Crocker is coming back to dominate as the main villain, a role that he shouldn't keep for long.

FOP_fan17

[6]Mar 3, 2013
    • level: 22
    Who's Jim Ward? I thought Matt Taylor was voicing Sparky, so who does this Ward guy voice? I'll watch it if I have the time (it's the second Saturday of my spring break), if not, I honestly won't be that disappointed.

alfa9delta

[7]Mar 3, 2013
    • level: 6
    FOP_fan17 wrote:
    Who's Jim Ward? I thought Matt Taylor was voicing Sparky, so who does this Ward guy voice? I'll watch it if I have the time (it's the second Saturday of my spring break), if not, I honestly won't be that disappointed.

Jim Ward voices Chet Ubetcha and Doug Dimmadome.

Don't get attached to the credits this site gives, they might not be for this episode in specific, but for FOP in general.

PookaMustard

[8]Mar 3, 2013
    alfa9delta wrote:
    FOP_fan17 wrote:

Jim Ward voices Chet Ubetcha and Doug Dimmadome.

Don't get attached to the credits this site gives, they might not be for this episode in specific, but for FOP in general.

And if they were for FOP in general, then why they no mention Grey?

This means that her horde of characters she voices are... useless. Or the sisters more specifically.

PIGGYDOOM

[9]Mar 4, 2013
    • level: 8

Will there also be a new spongebob? Every time there's a KCA Spongebob always has a new episode along with the other nicktoons.

cozmorocks12

[10]Mar 6, 2013

Seeing as this special is only half an hour significantly lowers my expectations quality and ratings wise. :/

PookaMustard

[11]Mar 7, 2013
    The writers can't make Crocker as great as he was in "Abra-Catastrophe!", hence the short special. We'll only see him failing miserably to capture the fairy dog for 20 minutes, just for comedy and laughs.

However, you're putting a fairy DOG on the show. The only dog we ever knew on the show is DOIDLE. Don't forget the latter.
    Edited on 03/07/2013 2:00am

luiz4200

[12]Mar 7, 2013
    • level: 38
    PookaMustard wrote:
    The writers can't make Crocker as great as he was in "Abra-Catastrophe!", hence the short special. We'll only see him failing miserably to capture the fairy dog for 20 minutes, just for comedy and laughs.

However, you're putting a fairy DOG on the show. The only dog we ever knew on the show is DOIDLE. Don't forget the latter.

Don't forget Dinkledog and that lemonade-loving dog.

LRifle

[13]Mar 7, 2013
    • level: 10

A few things to consider...

First, we don't know who is appearing or what, aside from the core cast. We won't know until the credits start rolling. That is the way it works. The cast listings on the TV guide type sites are always inaccurate and/or use a single cast list for every episode (That MSN listing included, the full cast list for the special includes Scott Hamilton and other extremely irrelevant guest stars that have appeared over the years but almost certainly won't be appearing in that special).

Second, I could have sworn that someone on the FOP staff that the dog intro special would be an hour length movie, maybe Dave Thomas or Butch or someone, I'm not sure and I don't feel like checking. But the important things to consider are that the TV listing sites are again highly inaccurate, and also, a half hour special about that thing rather than a full hour one if anything is a sign that they at least MIGHT have their priorities a little straighter.

Lastly, don't get hopes up that the season "starts" here because I have a bad feeling they'll premiere this episode, and then wait about 6 months before they air anything new.

EDIT: The Nickelodeon website has pretty much confirmed the date, and it starts at 7:30pm which might be a sign of it being half an hour (no idea on this). The advertisement says "Fairly OddPuppy" which might be the real title.

Edited on 03/07/2013 6:02pm

cozmorocks12

[14]Mar 7, 2013

LRifle wrote:

A few things to consider...

First, we don't know who is appearing or what, aside from the core cast. We won't know until the credits start rolling. That is the way it works. The cast listings on the TV guide type sites are always inaccurate and/or use a single cast list for every episode (That MSN listing included, the full cast list for the special includes Scott Hamilton and other extremely irrelevant guest stars that have appeared over the years but almost certainly won't be appearing in that special).

Second, I could have sworn that someone on the FOP staff that the dog intro special would be an hour length movie, maybe Dave Thomas or Butch or someone, I'm not sure and I don't feel like checking. But the important things to consider are that the TV listing sites are again highly inaccurate, and also, a half hour special about that thing rather than a full hour one if anything is a sign that they at least MIGHT have their priorities a little straighter.

Lastly, don't get hopes up that the season "starts" here because I have a bad feeling they'll premiere this episode, and then wait about 6 months before they air anything new.

EDIT: The Nickelodeon website has pretty much confirmed the date, and it starts at 7:30pm which might be a sign of it being half an hour (no idea on this). The advertisement says "Fairly OddPuppy" which might be the real title.

Dave Thomas was the one who said it, and it was because it was a safe assumption based on FOP's history. Heck I would have made the same assumption. But since he left the show before production started I'm not surprised he was wrong.

I argue half hour is < an hour ep because I feel the quality of longer episodes is much better than shorter episodes. I would have rather seen Meet the Oddparents or that LOSERS ep as a whole hour as it forces the writers to come up with something more substantive. Heck at least Secret Wish was trying to be something worthwhile more so than the former two. What I'm saying is it helps to prevent laziness. Short episodes have always been cruddier than their hour + episodes even back in FOP's heyday. Furthermore, I really doubt the fact that the first episode is a half-hour is saying that they have their priorities straight. In fact, it says the exact opposite. I'm confidently calling it now, here comes another Season 7 with nothing but the same crud we've been getting the last six years. (fyi Season 7 started with another underwhelming half-hour ep introducing a new character, Anti-Poof, so I think it's a fair comparison) Short episodes to pointlessly burn through the episode order.

FOP_fan17

[15]Mar 8, 2013
    Am I the only one who saw the new commercial? I sawit tonight during Total Turtle Takeover (The TMNT reboot is fantastic, by the way.) It showed Timmy and the fairies going to a pet store and looking at snakes and teacup elephants, Timmy sees something in a cage and pulls the "Pleeeeeaaaaase" thing, and then the announcer says that we can't tell you what the pet is. It says nothing about the overall plot of the episode. If I'm available that night, maybe I'll make time for it.

cozmorocks12

[16]Mar 8, 2013

FOP_fan17 wrote:
    Am I the only one who saw the new commercial? I sawit tonight during Total Turtle Takeover (The TMNT reboot is fantastic, by the way.) It showed Timmy and the fairies going to a pet store and looking at snakes and teacup elephants, Timmy sees something in a cage and pulls the "Pleeeeeaaaaase" thing, and then the announcer says that we can't tell you what the pet is. It says nothing about the overall plot of the episode. If I'm available that night, maybe I'll make time for it.

Unfortunately yes, I no longer have cable so I do not get to obsessively look for these commercials as before. I'm totally jealous.

PookaMustard

[17]Mar 9, 2013
    At last they're advertising for it, although earlier than they did with AFOC. Could somebody please upload the commercial?

cozmorocks12

[18]Mar 9, 2013

PookaMustard wrote:
    At last they're advertising for it, although earlier than they did with AFOC. Could somebody please upload the commercial?

I second this notion!

PIGGYDOOM

[19]Mar 9, 2013
    • level: 8
    luiz4200 wrote:
    PookaMustard wrote:

Don't forget Dinkledog and that lemonade-loving dog.

The lemonade loving dog was named Sparky actually. And Timmy's fairy dog is named Sparky. Weird huh

FOP_fan17

[20]Mar 9, 2013
    I can TRY to upload it (please note the key word "try".) I'm not very technology literate and so I don't know if I'll get it working. If I epically fail, I apologize ahead of time.