The Fairly OddParents Forums

Daily 7:00 AM on NickelodeonIn Season

"Fairly OddPet" premiering March 23!

cozmorocks12

[21]Mar 9, 2013
    • level: 14
    FOP_fan17 wrote:
    I can TRY to upload it (please note the key word "try".) I'm not very technology literate and so I don't know if I'll get it working. If I epically fail, I apologize ahead of time.

Thanks FOP_fan17! That's perfectly fine. If you need help or access to a youtube account to post it, pm me. I still got that old youtube account with videos of the Anti-Poof commercial as well as the 3D models used in the first live-action movie.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stephdumas

[22]Mar 10, 2013
    • level: 10

PIGGYDOOM wrote:
    The lemonade loving dog was named Sparky actually. And Timmy's fairy dog is named Sparky. Weird huh

Could be interesting to see an episode showing Dinkleberg's Sparky vs Timmy's Sparky. Wink

alfa9delta

[23]Mar 10, 2013
    • level: 6

cozmorocks12 wrote:
    FOP_fan17 wrote:
    I can TRY to upload it (please note the key word "try".) I'm not very technology literate and so I don't know if I'll get it working. If I epically fail, I apologize ahead of time.
    Thanks FOP_fan17! That's perfectly fine. If you need help or access to a youtube account to post it, pm me. I still got that old youtube account with videos of the Anti-Poof commercial as well as the 3D models used in the first live-action movie.

I've recorded it from a stream using Hypercam. It's freezing a lot, and the sound quality is bad! It's just for you guys have an idea of how's the promo.

http://youtu.be/yIbILzxx7yE

cozmorocks12

[24]Mar 10, 2013

alfa9delta wrote:

cozmorocks12 wrote:
    FOP_fan17 wrote:

I've recorded it from a stream using Hypercam. It's freezing a lot, and the sound quality is bad! It's just for you guys have an idea of how's the promo.

http://youtu.be/yIbILzxx7yE

It's a start. How did you get access to the stream? Considering I don't have cable, I wouldn't mind a way to watch Nick. I think I can get a way to get a good recording too!

FOP_fan17

[25]Mar 10, 2013
    • level: 22
    The promo is nothing special. Thanks for uploading it for everyone alfa9delta!

alexspotsme

[26]Mar 11, 2013
    • level: 15
    Actually, Lemonade Dog was named Speedy. I watched that episode, and many other FOPs, so many times on reruns, I remember a lot of these crazy things.

I can't wait; but I'll be recording this and the KCAs. Since I got a dodgeball game that night.

cozmorocks12

[27]Mar 14, 2013

Here's another promo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AQFnirOICi8

From the looks of it looks like we got another Cosmo/Dudley Puppy character. As if FOP needed another. -_-

Edited on 03/14/2013 8:07am

LRifle

[28]Mar 14, 2013

Maybe its just because I had the volume down, but he doesn't seem anywhere near as loud as Cosmo, which is a start. I think his stupidity is him just acting like a dog, so he certainly won't be another Brian from Family Guy type wisecracker. I guess they changed the color of his design? Or perhaps he changes colors? The way he stretches is also like Jake from Adventure Time, so maybe there is from Fred Seibert influence there.

My overall take is still meh, but it actually seems less painful than I thought it would be.

Edited on 03/14/2013 10:17am

FOP_fan17

[29]Mar 14, 2013
    Thank God I'll be at work and won't be able to watch this right away (although I'm sure I'll be tempted to do so Sunday morning.) No, he isn't as loud as Cosmo, which is a good thing, but I still don't care for his voice. And why did they have to change him to my least favorite color? A small gripe, I know....

I really don't see WHY Hartman and crew think that another character added to the main cast was necessary, but whatever. In my opinion, the only show I watch that knows how to do good dog episodes is Futurama. FOP used to be good at it, but I don't think this is such a hot idea for the current state of the show. And did anyone else notice the way he thought Poof was a chew toy?!

stephdumas

[30]Mar 14, 2013

FOP_fan17 wrote:
    And did anyone else notice the way he thought Poof was a chew toy?!

Yeah, that gag might have fit more South Park or to a latter extent Total Drama Island.

alexspotsme

[31]Mar 15, 2013
    • level: 15
    I'm a little surprised this isn't airing AFTER the KCA's. They'd get plenty of leftover viewers who still tune into the channel.

I haven't seen much promos for what's going to air after the KCA's. Probably a rerun of SpongeBob, or a new episode, we'll see.

Wonder who is the voice for Sparky; can't figure it out myself after just one voice clip.

alfa9delta

[32]Mar 15, 2013
    • level: 6
    alexspotsme wrote:
    I'm a little surprised this isn't airing AFTER the KCA's. They'd get plenty of leftover viewers who still tune into the channel.

I haven't seen much promos for what's going to air after the KCA's. Probably a rerun of SpongeBob, or a new episode, we'll see.

Wonder who is the voice for Sparky; can't figure it out myself after just one voice clip.

It's Matt Taylor, the voice of Snaptrap from TUFF Puppy. They'll be airing the season premiere of 'Big Time Rush' after the KCAs, and this new FOP before it.

Ayranci

[33]Mar 16, 2013
    • level: 17

I saw the previews of this episode and It doesn't look greatbutI'mgonna watch this episode because I missed this show so much.

FOP_fan17

[34]Mar 16, 2013
    Sparky is a permanent character, right? Some people over at another forum I visit were asking about it.

PookaMustard

[35]Mar 17, 2013
    • level: 5
    He could be, since I found two pieces of artwork involving him and uploaded them both to the wiki. One having a dinner, the other playing with the rest of the cast.

gideonbernstein

[36]Mar 18, 2013
    • level: 43
    Keep an open mind about Sparky. Many fans didn't like Poof at first.

cozmorocks12

[37]Mar 18, 2013

Someone from the Toonzone forums found this very short clip of the ep.

http://vimeo.com/62078577

fewmet

[38]Mar 18, 2013
    • level: 12

Mmmmyeah, I don't think that thing is going to sell a lot of t-shirts. God it's ugly. Even for latter-day FOP.

Now this special might do okay, since it's something new, and it's airing on an evening that Nick will likely dominate, what with the Kid's Choice Awards. But note the comments and votes at Youtube. That dog isn't winning over any converts. Nick needs to cancel this show, and/or bring it back with a new set of writers/designers/voices. The concept is still good. The characters could be revived and given back their original charm. But not with the chumps running the show now.

stephdumas

[39]Mar 19, 2013

fewmet wrote:

But note the comments and votes at Youtube. That dog isn't winning over any converts.

One guy on Youtube, do a parralel with Poochie (the dog who appeared briefly in Itchy and Stratchy).....

FOP_fan17

[40]Mar 19, 2013
    I feel bad about saying this about ANY dog, real or fictional, since I love dogs so much, but I can't be enthusiastic about this. If Sparky is more than a one episode thing, I'm not sure that I can keep tuning in. I can't handle his voice.....and I've subjected myself to Cosmo's voice for years, so you know it's bad when I can't handle another voice on TV.

I also agree that he doesn't look appealing at all. He used to be purple, now he's yellow? I despite that color.