The Fairly OddParents Forums

Daily 7:00 AM on NickelodeonIn Season

"Fairly OddPet" premiering March 23!

cozmorocks12

[41]Mar 20, 2013
    • level: 14

Article accompanied by a short clip.

http://geek-news.mtv.com/2013/03/20/the-fairly-odd-parents-fairly-odd-pet/

Something I thought interesting from the interview, "Like "The Simpsons," the focus of the series has changed gradually from one main character (Timmy) to one of the peripheral characters, Cosmo and Timmy's dad Mr. Turner (both voice actor Daran Norris). Hartman laughs when he says that both characters form a trio of idiocy with Carlos Alazraqui's Mr. Crocker, giving the series its heart of lunatic, dim-witted comedy. "Even though we have a show about magic, anyone can do anything we need them to--like Timmy's dad can pull out a pistol," Hartman says about the show's surreal sense of humor. The more clueless the character, Hartman tells, the more comedy that can come from it."

No doubt, Hartman still loves the idiocy trio... And I bet "secondary" means ONLY Dad, Cosmo and Crocker.

But after watching the clip, there's a scene where Sparky licks Timmy, then Poof and Cosmo unexpectedly do it to Wanda... I don't know whether or not to take that as a good thing. At least Wanda doesn't seem angry about it. Is this a sign of things to come?

Edited on 03/20/2013 12:38pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

FOP_fan17

[42]Mar 20, 2013
    • level: 22
    ^I watched the clip, and Wanda was smiling and laughing when they licked her. While I can't say I enjoy seeing people lick each other, I'm not going to complain about it. It sort of reminds me of the show's old flavor, you know, when everyone had fun and actually liked each other. It wasn't Cosmo acting like an idiot and Wanda scolding him, the behavior was being mutually enjoyed. I'm completely ambivalent about this special....it doesn't look amazing, which is nothing new, but it doesn't look horrible (then again, we've been fooled before.) I do wish this was only a one episode thing, but all evidence is pointing to this being permanent.

PookaMustard

[43]Mar 21, 2013
    • level: 5
    Somebody said that s/he hates yellow (forgot who, and I'm lazy to get to the second page from the phone).

But doesn't Wanda wear yellow actually?

Anyways, I wanna see that clip but I don' know what's up with my activity. Well I'll try.

FOP_fan17

[44]Mar 21, 2013
    ^If you're wondering which forum member here said they hate yellow, it was me. I can deal with it on Wanda because she's small, so I only have to see it from a distance. But Sparky looks like a regular sized dog.....it shouldn't bother me, since I can watch SpongeBob fine, but I still wish they would have kept Sparky purple.

fewmet

[45]Mar 21, 2013
    • level: 12

cozmorocks12 wrote:

"Even though we have a show about magic, anyone can do anything we need them to--like Timmy's dad can pull out a pistol," Hartman says about the show's surreal sense of humor.

Wow. In light of certain events that have occurred over the last few months, what a remarkably insensitive thing to say. :O

FOP_fan17

[46]Mar 22, 2013
    ^Never actually read the quote until now, but I agree with you.

luiz4200

[47]Mar 23, 2013
    • level: 38
    fewmet wrote:

cozmorocks12 wrote:

"Even though we have a show about magic, anyone can do anything we need them to--like Timmy's dad can pull out a pistol," Hartman says about the show's surreal sense of humor.

Wow. In light of certain events that have occurred over the last few months, what a remarkably insensitive thing to say. :O

He'd pull it at Dinkleberg.

alexspotsme

[48]Mar 23, 2013
    • level: 15
    Eh, I wasn't paying attention as much as I thought I would.

Sparky. Eh. Yay? Obviously he was making trouble for Timmy, due to his wild nature.

Oh hey, Vicky! She's back! But... I thought she dumped Justin Jakeashton? Because that's Marc Chang right? She left him when she found out it was him all along, after that clash with Mandie.

I don't remember there being any "fight" like Vicky just said.

Did the show go back to a previous color style in the show again? It almost strikes me as colors from Seasons 2-3.

FOP_fan17

[49]Mar 23, 2013
    I guess the theme song was switched to HD.....wonder why it took them so long? *During first commercial break. So far, it's not terrible, it has some watchability. Cosmo isn't making me want to reach through the screen and slap him (for once.) I actually liked Wanda's role so far and how Timmy's mom had mother's intuition to know what he was going to ask for before he ever did. And it was sweet when Sparky said he loved Timmy, seeing Cosmo leaning against Wanda in the fishbowl, and Cosmo and Poof licking Wanda and her laughing.* At the same time, I think it was rotten of Timmy to wish for cats knowing Mrs. Turner will have an allergic reaction, and then not care afterwards. It was also in bad taste to mention Wanda getting so overwhelmed that she takes Cosmo to the pet store. And seeing Cosmo and Sparky high five each other......oh my, they might be the annoying duo! -Cosmo ogling a pretty blonde? Ugh! Wanda saved it by hosing her away (even though that woman didn't deserve it), but it's apparent the writers just can't get fans' complaints in their heads. His one-liners were coming too fast as well....it seemed like every single time another character said something, he had a "joke" to say afterwards. I wouldn't mind so much if they were actually funny, OR if someone else got to be the funny one for a change. -Ok, so the dog is much smarter than I thought he would be, which is a good thing. -The "overwhelmed" joke wasn't any funnier the second time around. Meh, this special had some good parts, enough that it was watchable. But it's still not a good sign of the upcoming season, because there were still a few glaring errors that the writers don't seem to think are problematic. I guess I'll find out when the regular episodes appear.

alfa9delta

[50]Mar 23, 2013
    • level: 6
    During the KCAs they aired a promo for the upcoming regular episodes of FOP. It was Chet Ubetcha talking about some of the things will happen in the next episodes, and I have a feeling most of you wouldn't like it:

* Crocker kidnaps Sparky
    * Cosmo grants wishes for Mr. Turner

Yep, the dinamic trio strikes again. It said "coming soon", no specific date yet...

alexspotsme

[51]Mar 23, 2013
    "Coming Soon", just wait till it actually takes a while. lol

Still, interesting. I'll still be watching, since it's going on anyway. I just hope I don't get bored watching.

fewmet

[52]Mar 23, 2013
    • level: 12

Gee, was that tonight???? (sarcasm)

FOP_fan17

[53]Mar 23, 2013
    Those plots alfa9delta mentioned are nothing I didn't already suspect. We all knew Crocker was going to kidnap Sparky, and Cosmo granting wishes for Mr. Turner seems hardly different than any other episodes where they have interacted.

cozmorocks12

[54]Mar 23, 2013

Anyone got a link?

PookaMustard

[55]Mar 23, 2013
    • level: 5
    Cozmorocks, I have to wait as well for a link. alfa9delta would post it for us later. I'm just like you, anxious to see the new intro, the special itself, and what's up with Vicky and Cosmo over there. And the HD thing.

forever_brit

[56]Mar 23, 2013
    • level: 16

fewmet wrote:

cozmorocks12 wrote:

Smh, and you want to know why Nick has went so far downhill. Guns are a very serious issue right now especially in light of a lot of major tragedies that have happened in the last couple of years, this year included. I know it's MTV and all where he's doing this interview, but he really should be more mindful of what he says because there's kids who may be watching this video on the internet and I really don't think they need to be exposed to talk about guns or violence.

Between this and Nick Studio 10, I wonder if there's any hope left for this network. I doubt it at this point.

alexspotsme

[57]Mar 24, 2013
    I found Nick Studio 10 by accident, and watching reruns on Nickelodeon a few weeks ago. It's... meh. The co hosts on that block aren't interesting or entertaining at all.

I miss ME:TV; it was a much more better follow up to U PICK Live and Slime Time Live. Even though it didn't last very long. But what do you expect, when you broad cast this block JUST when school gets out. I remember rushing home to catch the first part of the block.

alfa9delta

[58]Mar 24, 2013
    FOP_fan17 wrote:
    Those plots alfa9delta mentioned are nothing I didn't already suspect. We all knew Crocker was going to kidnap Sparky, and Cosmo granting wishes for Mr. Turner seems hardly different than any other episodes where they have interacted.

Here the promo I talked about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN6m9ur6WZ4

alfa9delta

[59]Mar 24, 2013
    alfa9delta wrote:
    FOP_fan17 wrote:

And here's the FULL episode (WITH the new opening): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67wwtRshK5o

cozmorocks12

[60]Mar 24, 2013

alfa9delta wrote:
    alfa9delta wrote:
    FOP_fan17 wrote:
    And here's the FULL episode (WITH the new opening): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67wwtRshK5o

Great find! Thanks a ton. I'll take a look at it later tonight