The Fairly OddParents Forums

Daily 7:00 AM on NickelodeonIn Season

"Fairly OddPet" premiering March 23!

cozmorocks12

[61]Mar 24, 2013
    • level: 14

fewmet wrote:

Gee, was that tonight???? (sarcasm)

fewmet, you missed nothing. Plainly underwhelming and disappointing. I thought FOP couldn't get any worse, boy was I wrong. I really hope this is the last season. I still want to watch every episode because I'm still an FOP fanatic, plus I enjoy being able to be apart of these conversations with you guys, but jeez. This ep was a mess. I don't even want to imagine a season focused solely on this irritating dog. There's really nothing compelling or interesting about him. Plus his voice sucks and grates compared to everyone else's.

Didn't help to see Hartman was not credited with anything at the start. Really shows his priorities. But I'm sure even with his participation it would have been no better. I'm glad this show and TUFF Puppy are going to be cancelled most likely, he's earned it.

Gravity Falls is a much better show with good characters, is supernatural focused and does not rely on lame copouts and contrived plot devices. Definitely fills in that void FOP has left.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

skyshaymin4ever

[62]Mar 24, 2013
    • level: 5

fewmet wrote:

it was pretty good the part with sparky telling timmy he loved him was as emotional (at least in part to me) as the part in FOB when poof said mama dada

fewmet

[63]Mar 24, 2013
    • level: 12

cozmorocks12 wrote:

fewmet wrote:

fewmet, you missed nothing. Plainly underwhelming and disappointing. I thought FOP couldn't get any worse, boy was I wrong. I really hope this is the last season. I still want to watch every episode because I'm still an FOP fanatic, plus I enjoy being able to be apart of these conversations with you guys, but jeez. This ep was a mess. I don't even want to imagine a season focused solely on this irritating dog. There's really nothing compelling or interesting about him. Plus his voice sucks and grates compared to everyone else's.

Didn't help to see Hartman was not credited with anything at the start. Really shows his priorities. But I'm sure even with his participation it would have been no better. I'm glad this show and TUFF Puppy are going to be cancelled most likely, he's earned it.

Gravity Falls is a much better show with good characters, is supernatural focused and does not rely on lame copouts and contrived plot devices. Definitely fills in that void FOP has left.

Gravity Falls is excellent, and happily it's doing very well in the ratings - its latest episode got over 4 million viewers. Not bad, after its long hiatus. All of its characters are very likable, even Mabel, who's the spastic type of character that gets very annoying if badly written. Fortunately, Gravity Falls has above-average writing, so she comes off very well, and it's so refreshing to see a brother/sister relationship that isn't full of insults and fighting. I agree, Gravity Falls, with its warm characters and touch of magic, is the new FOP, whereas FOP looks lame and hackneyed now. I hope "the stupid fairy show", as my nephew calls it, gets put out of its misery after this season.

cozmorocks12

[64]Mar 24, 2013

fewmet wrote:

cozmorocks12 wrote:

fewmet wrote:

Gravity Falls is excellent, and happily it's doing very well in the ratings - its latest episode got over 4 million viewers. Not bad, after its long hiatus. All of its characters are very likable, even Mabel, who's the spastic type of character that gets very annoying if badly written. Fortunately, Gravity Falls has above-average writing, so she comes off very well, and it's so refreshing to see a brother/sister relationship that isn't full of insults and fighting. I agree, Gravity Falls, with its warm characters and touch of magic, is the new FOP, whereas FOP looks lame and hackneyed now. I hope "the stupid fairy show", as my nephew calls it, gets put out of its misery after this season.

Plus it's actually funny, definitely laughed quite a lot during the last new episode.

If it can pull an episode as epic as FOP's better one-hour+ episodes, it would definitely be my new FOP.

alexspotsme

[65]Mar 25, 2013
    • level: 15

cozmorocks12 wrote:

fewmet wrote:

TUFF Puppy getting canceled? Maybe, after Season 3. Nick ordered one, like a year ago? Yeah, they still want more episodes. However, I never found myself watching any of the newest episodes. i would much rather watch TMNT, and it's actually not half bad.

Oh yeah! New opening, too. I didnt notice it at first, but it's cool that they added Poof.

Edited on 03/24/2013 11:07pm

LordGrievous

[66]Mar 25, 2013
    • level: 13

alexspotsme wrote:

cozmorocks12 wrote:

fewmet wrote:

TUFF Puppy getting canceled? Maybe, after Season 3. Nick ordered one, like a year ago? Yeah, they still want more episodes. However, I never found myself watching any of the newest episodes. i would much rather watch TMNT, and it's actually not half bad.

Oh yeah! New opening, too. I didnt notice it at first, but it's cool that they added Poof.

I could never catch any of the new TUFF Puppy episodes (they never air). But I can see why it would get cancelled the show has gotten weak, especially since they started dumbing Kitty down and making her the punching bag from Dudley's abuse. I actually hoped the show would have been more serious like Danny Phantom but not as serious, and had hoped they had more episodes of Dudley's training with Kitty in charge.

With TMNT I still can't get used to Don's voice but the show is pretty good.

LordGrievous

[67]Mar 25, 2013

fewmet wrote:

cozmorocks12 wrote:

fewmet wrote:

I agree Gravity Falls is a very good show, and it got lucky to be on the main Disney channel because if it went to Disney XD it wouldn't get past 2 seasons no matter how good it is.

Though the one thing that annoys me with Mabel is that she always seems to get her way, which can easilybe fixed.

The writers better keep up the great writing though,because even on the main Disney channel, Disney favors their live-action garbage then their cartoons.

bewitchedfan2k

[68]Mar 25, 2013

alfa9delta wrote:
    And here's the FULL episode (WITH the new opening): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67wwtRshK5o

You've pleased this jolly foreigner, ripped and will watch it later. A night off from gigging tonight so dunno if it's going to be a sober or nicely drunk viewing.

Edited on 03/25/2013 6:47am
    Edited 3 total times.

PookaMustard

[69]Mar 25, 2013
    Do you think Vicky was trying to kill Timmy again? But she mentioned taking her frustrations on him, so I'd think it would be old torture... oh, what else did the episode fail at? At some parts the animation felt like it was the old one again.
    Edited on 03/25/2013 12:17pm
    Edited 2 total times.

cozmorocks12

[70]Mar 25, 2013

PookaMustard wrote:
    Do you think Vicky was trying to kill Timmy again? But she mentioned taking her frustrations on him, so I'd think it would be old torture... oh, what else did the episode fail at? At some parts the animation felt like it was the old one again.

Vicky stopped being interesting when her only lines consisted of "I'm going to kill you twerp!". Unfortunately this has been the case for many seasons now. sigh.

PookaMustard

[71]Mar 25, 2013
    BREAKING NEWS:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/fairly-oddparents-vol.-10/id611497610

"Embark on hilarity with Timmy, Cosmo, Wanda and Poof. See Timmy with his magical dog, Sparky, watch Cosmo do his usual damage when he acts as a genie, help Timmy’s Dad be the best Squirrely Scout leader, and stop Crocker from turning Sparky against Timmy. Face Poof’s terrible twos while Foop has his terrific twos in The Terrible Twosome, and in App Trap, Timmy’s smartphone tries to take over his life! The laughs continue when Crocker captures Mom thinking she’s a magical Breakfast Troll, Foop is Vicky’s anti-fairy godparent and together they try to destroy the fairies, Chet Ubetcha quits and Dad takes over (nearly destroying Dimmsdale), and Timmy’s basement comes to life while Mom and Dad are at a fake spa. In Finding Emo, Timmy tries to impress a new girl, Two and a Half Babies has Foop and Poof paired on a school project, Timmy wishes his dad’s life was an action movie, Cosmo feuds with a gopher, and so much more in over 3 hours of magical mayhem!"

App Trap is making the show look EVEN MORE DUMBER. But for the Foop and Vicky part, tell us how they're going to make sure that episode doesn't break Da Rules. Or else we got another Wishology.

Oh wait, destroying fairies together? Vicky sure is becoming more, and more chaotic evil as the show passes by. Wait, if the wikia is right, Ray DeLaurentis or something like that, the guy who made Micecapades I think... Duh. That's why... Frenemy Mine must be the last good episode involving her.

FOP_fan17

[72]Mar 25, 2013
    • level: 22
    ^Agreed about App Trapp, Timmy is eleven years old and DOES NOT need a cell phone!

I think the Poof/Foop ones sound interesting, but if Poof is two now, then he should have been talking more in the live-action films. Cosmo fights with a gopher? That sounds even worse than App Trapp.
    Kind of sad they have Timmy trying to impress a new girl instead of other love interests that have been clearly established on the show since the beginning.
    Meh, I'm not going to make an opinion because it's impossible with this show.

LordGrievous

[73]Mar 25, 2013

FOP_fan17 wrote:
    ^Agreed about App Trapp, Timmy is eleven years old and DOES NOT need a cell phone! I think the Poof/Foop ones sound interesting, but if Poof is two now, then he should have been talking more in the live-action films. Cosmo fights with a gopher? That sounds even worse than App Trapp. Kind of sad they have Timmy trying to impress a new girl instead of other love interests that have been clearly established on the show since the beginning. Meh, I'm not going to make an opinion because it's impossible with this show.

Hopefully with Poof turning two that means the live-actionfilms are non-canon to the cartoon.

bewitchedfan2k

[74]Mar 26, 2013

Watched it, firstly it had a gag in it that's remarkably similar to one of mine from my stand up comedy act (which I've been doing for over a year) so I've now got to drop it from my set (doesn't matter to me that comedy club audiences in Britain will have never seen FOP but the point is I KNOW it's now been used in some other medium and I want my stuff to be 100% original it has to go based on my own morals)

That aside...... it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, quite 'good' by newer episode standards but can still see the 'hack' episodes that are going to follow now like Crocker trying to capture Sparky etc ... loved the new opening credits tho.

Like always Cosmo just talks ''too fast'' for my foreign ears to pick it all up so I had to rewind it several times and listen again (more closely)

Edited on 03/26/2013 6:59am

FOP_fan17

[75]Mar 26, 2013
    • level: 22
    ^I used to have that problem with Cosmo's voice, where I couldn't understand what he was saying, but I figure most of what he says isn't important, so I no longer care if I don't know what he said.

PookaMustard

[76]Mar 26, 2013
    bewitchedfan2k wrote:

Watched it, firstly it had a gag in it that's remarkably similar to one of mine from my stand up comedy act (which I've been doing for over a year) so I've now got to drop it from my set (doesn't matter to me that comedy club audiences in Britain will have never seen FOP but the point is I KNOW it's now been used in some other medium and I want my stuff to be 100% original it has to go based on my own morals)

That aside...... it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, quite 'good' by newer episode standards but can still see the 'hack' episodes that are going to follow now like Crocker trying to capture Sparky etc ... loved the new opening credits tho.

Like always Cosmo just talks ''too fast'' for my foreign ears to pick it all up so I had to rewind it several times and listen again (more closely)

Aren't you concerned about the babysitter being over exaggerated yet again? Now it feels like the way she was about to do it, she was about to kill him at last. Plus the music accompanied when she shows up.

And App Trap... that whole episode will kill FOP. Oh, it sounds like Snaptrap.
    Edited on 03/26/2013 12:31pm

alexspotsme

[77]Mar 26, 2013
    • level: 15
    Oh gosh. What if they try to crossover FOP and TUFF Puppy. That would be the most ridiculous Nickelodeon cross over ever.

It would have nothing on the Rugrats episode when they met "Aaaahh! Real Monsters!", the "Jimmy Timmy Power Hour" Trilogy, or even "Rugrats Gone Wild!".

luiz4200

[78]Mar 27, 2013
    • level: 38
    cozmorocks12 wrote:

PookaMustard wrote:

Vicky stopped being interesting when her only lines consisted of "I'm going to kill you twerp!". Unfortunately this has been the case for many seasons now. sigh.

Well, I liked seeing Poof in the intro.

skyshaymin4ever

[79]Apr 3, 2013

yea me too, question how long will it take before they decide to put sparky in the intro, i mean it took this long for them to put poof in it.