The Fairly OddParents Forums

Daily 7:00 AM on NickelodeonIn Season

FOP Nominated to Kids Choice Awards 2013

Which show must win as "Best Cartoon"

alfa9delta

[1]Feb 13, 2013
    • level: 6

Nickelodeon revealed on it's official Tumbrl the list of nominees of 2013's KCA

Favorite Cartoon

The Fairly OddParents

Phineas and Ferb

SpongeBob SquarePants

Tom and Jerry

Well, it's a surprise to me FOP being nominated, since they only aired one "new" FOP on 2012, and on the previously years, when they aired much more new episodes, it wasn't nominated.

My thoughts on this nomination:

1- It was clearly just to say "Hey, this show is not dead", and give it a little promotion since the new season is coming later this year.

2- It was influenced by the Annie Awards nomination

It'd make so much sense to see other shows on this list, as TMNT, Adventure Time, Regular Show, and principally, Gravity Falls.

I mean, Tom and Jerry? REALLY? What the heck is this show doing there? Wikipedia told me that Cartoon Network started airing reruns of "Tom and Jerry Tales" (ended in 2008 ) on 2012 under the label of "new episodes", maybe that's because it was nominated, but again, not deserved at all.

So, do you think FOP takes this awards home? Or will SpongeBob be the winner (AGAIN)? Let's discuss

Edited on 02/13/2013 10:28am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

PookaMustard

[2]Feb 13, 2013
    • level: 5
    Uh oh... firstly, we didn't see that many FOP episodes. Secondly, Butch will think think that... The current Cosmo and Vicky characterization, the inconsistent show, and Cosmo's high pitched voice, and Cosmo's treatment, and Cosmo's... Cosmo's... Cosmo's... Vicky's... Cosmo's... Cosmo's... COSMO'S...

Well nevermind.

Phineas and Ferb may take down the sponge and the fairies... Unless Nickel is still dominant with their cartoons, so it will be a Nickel vs. Nickel.

But that's my weak opinion. Cozmorocks and LRifle will tell you better than I can.

FOP_fan17

[3]Feb 14, 2013
    • level: 22
    Ugh, it doesn't look as though much thought was put into this at all. I can see why Phineas and Ferb should be up there, and while I've never seen Gravity Falls, it probably deserves to be up there with all the great things people are saying about it. I personally think that after so many nominations/wins, shows should be prohibited from getting these things again because it's not fair to other shows that are just as good, if not better than, the shows that always win. Had it been up to me, I would have put Gravity Falls, TMNT (which is SUPERB, and deserves to be there), and perhaps Phineas and Ferb and Adventure Time - I'm not real familiar with either of them, but that's better than FOP and SB, both of which have been around for a long time despite serious decline and therefore need to be scaled back in favor of more charming, newer shows. ESPECIALLY FOP's nomination, which most likely happened for promotional reasons, and therefore doesn't deserve to win when other shows did actual work in 2012 (like TMNT.)

fewmet

[4]Feb 14, 2013
    • level: 12
    Tom and Jerry?????? The HECK? Where's Gravity Falls? Or Adventure Time?

Those nominees blow.

skyshaymin4ever

[5]Feb 19, 2013
    • level: 5

i nomnate fairly oddparents

i mean i like phineas and ferb but let's recap

this is the first time indecades FOP's been nominated let's take advantage of it and help our show beat SB

i know we can do it if we have faith

hell i'll throw a freaking party if FOP wins

(i'll be majorly dissapointed if SB wins yet again)