The Fairly OddParents Forums

Daily 7:00 AM on NickelodeonIn Season

FOP season 9 starts next week

forever_brit

[21]Jun 9, 2012
    • level: 16

cozmorocks12 wrote:

FOP_fan17 wrote:
    ^Then why is Tara Strong's name still in the credits? Why did Tara get the role as Poof? I don't see why they would have to hide it Kath Soucie were doing it. Plus, you should be able to tell by the voice that there is a different actor....

Couldn't have said it any better.

This exactly FOP_fan17. I couldn't have put it better myself either.

Tara Strong has been the voice of Timmy Turner since 2001 and is still the voice of Timmy today - nothing has changed in that regard.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

FOP_fan17

[22]Jun 10, 2012
    • level: 22
    ^Exactly. Tara Strong took over for Mary Kay Bergman, and while it was sad it was no secret. Legally, the right voice actor HAS to be credited, and Tara still shows up at Comic Con events, too.

LRifle

[23]Jun 14, 2012
    • level: 10
    Getting this back on subject, here is a slight update of interest.

http://ernie-gilbert.blogspot.com/2012/06/fairly-oddparents-redux.html

Ernie Gilbert, one of FOP's art directors. He posted some models of various Season 6-8 stuff, including stuff I believe did not make the final cut (such as the Crocker robot, of course i might be just forgetting stuff since those seasons were all awful). He said that production of the new season of FOP has begun, but no other real news.

Ernie is one of the character designers, has been around since Season 5 (IIRC) and he has created Kitty Katswell among many others.

cozmorocks12

[24]Jun 15, 2012
    • level: 14

LRifle wrote:
    Getting this back on subject, here is a slight update of interest. http://ernie-gilbert.blogspot.com/2012/06/fairly-oddparents-redux.html Ernie Gilbert, one of FOP's art directors. He posted some models of various Season 6-8 stuff, including stuff I believe did not make the final cut (such as the Crocker robot, of course i might be just forgetting stuff since those seasons were all awful). He said that production of the new season of FOP has begun, but no other real news. Ernie is one of the character designers, has been around since Season 5 (IIRC) and he has created Kitty Katswell among many others.

Good find, Lrifle. If anything this proves that new episodes of FOP will not start till at the earliest March of next year. (9 months from now)

TommyWimmer1

[25]Jun 22, 2012
    • level: 3

I remember that in one episode, Trixie was voiced by Grey DeLisle because Dionne Quan was unavaiable. I only remember her screaming "SECURITY!"

LRifle

[26]Jun 23, 2012

In the episode Five days of FLARG right? That was Dionne Quan according to the credits, but who knows, it did sound a lot like Delisle's scream

Anyways, some slight FOP related news

http://ownerofwendys.blogspot.com/

Dave Thomas has left Nickelodeon, another talent lost to more lucrative opportunities at Disney. I wish him good luck on his new show, its really sad to see one of the last insights we had into Hartman's staff gone now.

Edited on 06/23/2012 4:46pm

FOP_fan17

[27]Jun 24, 2012
    Why the heck does everyone want to for Disney? Disney is terrible now! So is Nick, and I understand that Disney is way more successful, but the one we have to today is an insult to the one we had before. I'm pretty sure that today's Disney is NOT the direction Walt was headed for....

cozmorocks12

[28]Jun 25, 2012

FOP_fan17 wrote:
    Why the heck does everyone want to for Disney? Disney is terrible now! So is Nick, and I understand that Disney is way more successful, but the one we have to today is an insult to the one we had before. I'm pretty sure that today's Disney is NOT the direction Walt was headed for....

The only reason why I would want to work at Disney would be to work on Phineas and Ferb or to meet Ron Clements and John Musker.

Dave Thomas wasn't really helping to make FOP a better show so honestly I don't see his departure making that much of a difference IMHO.

EDIT: Lrifle are you sure it's Disney? He's working with Craig McCracken (Powerpuff Girls, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends)and Lauren Faust (My Little Pony).... It sounds like Cartoon Network to me.... It's funny how some of us wanted Dave Thomas to invite Lauren Faust to FOP and now it seems like they are inviting Dave Thomas to work for them. Funny.

Edited on 06/25/2012 7:25am

alexspotsme

[29]Jun 28, 2012
    • level: 15
    If it's a Craig show on CN, maybe the channel will get some life back. Honestly, Nick, CN and Disney are/have been crashing and burning for me. Only a few shows that are old and new are keeping me around.

Pretty sad to see Dave go, but I suppose it's for the best. Wishing him well when working with Craig.

skyshaymin4ever

[30]Jul 6, 2012
    • level: 5

i agree it is pretty sad but i'm sure we'll all get over it

fewmet

[31]Jul 8, 2012
    • level: 12

FOP_fan17 wrote:

My friend, that is true in so many ways...I for one cannot STAND Robert Iger. What is an accountant with no imagination or creative flair doing running Disney? And look what he's done...buying Marvel, jeez! The next time I go to Walt Disney World, I better not see the Incredible Hulk running around in it!

I will say, however, that in the case of the Disney Channel, it does have Phineas and Ferb, and for my part, I can't say enough good things about that show. Look how well its writers have handled the characters. Phineas is a lovable, earnest, outgoing character that you can't help but like, and Ferb is a laid-back, insightful and practical "chap" of few words who's a wonderful counterbalance. And Candace - you can easily imagine how that character could have gone wrong. She could have become an insufferable (female dog) of a character, and been the constant target of put-downs, insults and slapstick humor. BUT...although the slapstick has occasionally occurred, it's been restrained and usually funny, and Candace herself is a triumph: she's got real personality, real heart, is aware of her flaws and her compulsion to "bust her brothers", has a patient gal pay and a boy pal whom she idolizes (and who reciprocates her feelings - I bet Butch would have turned such a situation into an abusive one-sided pursuit), and it's been made clear that Phineas and Ferb love their sister and she loves them AND their feelings come across as genuine, not as a sop to the audience. By contrast, in later seasons of FOP, when Cosmo expressed some affection for Wanda or Timmy, it seemed manipulative, because we all knew by then that he'd contradict himself later, sometimes in the same episode, so that the gesture came off as hollow and cheesy.I don't think kids OR adults like having their feelings toyed with in that manner. It's a sure-fire way to get people to stop caring about characters, and when that happens, then the show those characters are part of is on a downhill trajectory towards oblivion.

PLUS Disney Channel has Gravity Falls, and I like that show already. It's nice to have the male in a male-female team be the smart one, and the girl the daffy one, as opposed to the usual modern formula. But what's really nice is that the show is well-written and funny, and the characters actually look cute. Disney has another hit on its hands, I think.

I used to kind of like Kick Buttowski, mostly because of Gunther, but I was disappointed with what happened with Jackie, and the show has such a limited storyline anyway that its appeal wasn't likely to last too long.

Well, that's enough bandwidth-wasting for today. Thanks for reading.

Edited on 07/08/2012 11:49am

FOP_fan17

[32]Jul 8, 2012
    ^Nice to hear from you again, Fewmet! I completely agree with you on the first paragraph. I don't know why, but I just never got into Phineas and Ferb. I think there were certain elements of it that were too formulaic for me....I may have to try it out again though, since you seem to recommend it. I am a huge fan of American Dad! Yes there is a lot of crude humor, but the characters have a lot of heart and are cleverly funny. I mostly watch that now, and thank God I have that show or my TV would be pretty useless to me.

skyshaymin4ever

[33]Jul 17, 2012
    • level: 5

FOP_fan17 wrote:
    ^Nice to hear from you again, Fewmet! I completely agree with you on the first paragraph. I don't know why, but I just never got into Phineas and Ferb. I think there were certain elements of it that were too formulaic for me....I may have to try it out again though, since you seem to recommend it. I am a huge fan of American Dad! Yes there is a lot of crude humor, but the characters have a lot of heart and are cleverly funny. I mostly watch that now, and thank God I have that show or my TV would be pretty useless to me.
    i heavily suggest you check out gravity falls it is a really cute cartoon and the animation's nice. since this is a FOP thread i will comment that while cosmo can be funny i just never liked him even in season 1 to me he was an unlikable character and that's grown now i realize something cosmo is a popular charater then i realized I DISPISE those kinda characters well i don't despise anti cosmo and he's pretty popular but that's only cuz of his fangs believe it or not but most of those fans are obviously vampire fans

alfa9delta

[34]Jul 28, 2012
    • level: 6

Back to FOP, Dave Thomas made a few interesting considerations about the upcoming season:

:
    Bobby Yoo said...

Hi. When will the new episodes of the FOP air? After or before the Christmas special?

June 20, 2012 12:05 AM

Dave Thomas said...

They recorded the first episode of the new season last week. It will probably take another 7 months to go through the production pipeline. So my guess would be after the Christmas special.

June 20, 2012 7:57 AM

------

Alfa9delta said...

Hello, Do you know if the season premiere of FOP will be an one-hour or half-hour special? BTW, all the episodes last season were full haf hour episode. This season will be back to the original 11 min. format?

July 28, 2012 12:07 PM

Dave Thomas said...

Hi Alfa,

I left Nickelodeon before the writing had begun on the new season, so I'm not sure what they're planning. It was a big pickup: 26 1/2 hours, so my guess would be mostly 11s with a few half hour specials, and maybe an hour-long special to introduce the new character. But that's only guess.

Best, Dave

July 28

cozmorocks12

[35]Jul 30, 2012

good find! Wow I'm really surprised. 26.5 episodes? What the heck is Nick thinking ordering all these episodes of TUFF Puppy AND FOP? I honestly don't know. I guess Dave Thomas was not exaggerating when he told us that FOP repeats are doing very well still.

fewmet

[36]Aug 1, 2012
    • level: 12

cozmorocks12 wrote:

good find! Wow I'm really surprised. 26.5 episodes? What the heck is Nick thinking ordering all these episodes of TUFF Puppy AND FOP? I honestly don't know. I guess Dave Thomas was not exaggerating when he told us that FOP repeats are doing very well still.

Only on Nicktoons, and even there, very rarely.

My guess is that Nick is at a total loss. The new show pitches it's been watching must be really bad (and with so many up-and-coming show creators trying to be "edgy" to the point of unpleasantness and/or imitating what's come before, it's not hard to see why). And so Nick finds itself turning to Butch again, because even though he puts out crap, at least it's crap Nick's familiar and comfortable with. Ever notice that the guy who created Spongebob Squarepants has never tried to create another show? I think he's smart; he knows he caught lightning in a bottle and isn't so egotistical as to attempt to catch it twice. A lesson Butch never learned...

Edited on 08/01/2012 10:26pm

LRifle

[37]Aug 2, 2012
    cozmorocks12 wrote:

I haven't been keeping up with Toonzone/TVbythenumbers posts, but a few weeks ago Timmy's Secret Wish and Channel Chasers won their timeslots on Nickelodeon. Nicktoons Network ratings info is even more sporadic nowadays, so any word on those is likely an assumption based on how often it gets aired on there, which is a lot.

I feel Nicktoons has a far superior line up to Nickelodeon, its not even close anymore. The 26 1/2 episode order is way higher than I thought, it seems they are far from finished with FOP and I dare say that the live action movie had a huge hand in extending this series life, for better or for worse.

A slight bit of side news for FOP, unaired episode "Farm Pit" will finally premiere this Sunday, 10:00 am. I havent seen any promotion on it on Nickelodeon so far, but I'll need a more avid watcher to confirm that. Toonzone/NickandMore is saying so though.