The Fairly OddParents Forums

Daily 7:00 AM on NickelodeonIn Season

New ep and marathon this Sunday

cozmorocks12

[1]Apr 12, 2013
    • level: 14

"If you're a fan of Butch Hartman's long-running animated seriesThe Fairly OddParents, then you'll want to set the DVR this Sunday (April 14). The special marathon begins at 2 p.m. and includes a new episode of the series called "Dinklescouts" at 7 p.m. In the episode, Timmy wishes that his dad's rival Mr. Dinkelberg replace him as Squirrely Scout leader, while in the second part of the show "I Dream of Cosmo," Cosmo gets amnesia and thinks his dad is a genie."

http://www.animationmagazine.net/tv/nick-offers-fairly-oddparents-marathon-on-sunday/

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

skyshaymin4ever

[2]Apr 13, 2013
    • level: 5

well by marathon do u mean season 1 to season 9 or new episodes only?

FOP_fan17

[3]Apr 14, 2013
    • level: 22
    That article made a mistake. I've seen a clip of Cosmo as a genie.....he doesn't think his dad is a genie, he thinks HE, himself, is a genie. I have to admit I kind of like it. I am also looking forward to seeing Dinkleberg. He and his wife both seem content and happy, and either don't have any children or have grown children that don't take up their time. I hope to have a childfree lifestyle like theirs someday.

skyshaymin4ever

[4]Apr 14, 2013

after hours of watching the movies im watching the new episode.

cozmorocks12

[5]Apr 14, 2013

FOP_fan17 wrote:
    That article made a mistake. I've seen a clip of Cosmo as a genie.....he doesn't think his dad is a genie, he thinks HE, himself, is a genie. I have to admit I kind of like it. I am also looking forward to seeing Dinkleberg. He and his wife both seem content and happy, and either don't have any children or have grown children that don't take up their time. I hope to have a childfree lifestyle like theirs someday.

Would have been a perfect time for Norm to have made a reappearance. Oh well. I'm more interested in the ratings the ep brings rather than the ep itself.

alfa9delta

[6]Apr 14, 2013
    • level: 6
    About the episodes, "Dinklescouts" was kinda nice and funny, but "I Dream of Cosmo" was a total mess for me. One more proof that episodes focusing around the idiocy of Cosmo and Dad can't turn out on anything good.

FOP_fan17

[7]Apr 14, 2013
    I daresay I liked both of them with one minor exception, mainly being how the fairies were largely absent from "Dinklescouts" and you couldn't even see their disguises during that time.

"Dinklescouts": I like Dinkleberg, so this was a good idea to me. I liked how Dinkleberg got to be a good scout leader to the boys and even Cosmo's lines were good....I could actually see him saying and doing those things in the earlier seasons. "I Dream of Cosmo": I actually liked this one too (Isn't that shocking?) I thought it was funny when Mr. Turner tried to pretend his adult responsibilities to his wife and Timmy were enjoyable....a great reason why I don't want the lifescript! The other characters going in Cosmo's ear was not enjoyable, but bearable.

I also didn't mind Sparky's role in either of these. At least he was helpful in both situations. I think I can get used to him. Mr. Turner thinking he was hallucinating Sparky and the bus reminds me of Jeff having to think Roger was his imaginary friend on AD!

I think what might have made these episodes so enjoyable was the prevalence of the childless/childfree neighbor and the "I have to pretend the lifescript is bliss" joke....those things aren't common from what I've seen on TV so I enjoy any dosage of them. Cosmo was bearable too, even enjoyable at some points.

cozmorocks12

[8]Apr 14, 2013

Well if anyone has an instagram, Hartman's promising behind the scenes stuff. I don't have a smart phone so to the seemingly 90% rest of the population, just a heads up.

fewmet

[9]Apr 14, 2013
    • level: 12

The other characters going in Cosmo's ear

"Going"? You mean they peed in it?

fewmet

[10]Apr 14, 2013

FOP_fan17 wrote:
    I daresay I liked both of them with one minor exception, mainly being how the fairies were largely absent from "Dinklescouts" and you couldn't even see their disguises during that time. "Dinklescouts": I like Dinkleberg, so this was a good idea to me. I liked how Dinkleberg got to be a good scout leader to the boys and even Cosmo's lines were good....I could actually see him saying and doing those things in the earlier seasons. "I Dream of Cosmo": I actually liked this one too (Isn't that shocking?) I thought it was funny when Mr. Turner tried to pretend his adult responsibilities to his wife and Timmy were enjoyable....a great reason why I don't want the lifescript! The other characters going in Cosmo's ear was not enjoyable, but bearable. I also didn't mind Sparky's role in either of these. At least he was helpful in both situations. I think I can get used to him. Mr. Turner thinking he was hallucinating Sparky and the bus reminds me of Jeff having to think Roger was his imaginary friend on AD! I think what might have made these episodes so enjoyable was the prevalence of the childless/childfree neighbor and the "I have to pretend the lifescript is bliss" joke....those things aren't common from what I've seen on TV so I enjoy any dosage of them. Cosmo was bearable too, even enjoyable at some points.

Okay, so let me ask you...the only way I currently have to watch any new eps of FOP is Amazon. I'd have to pay for it. Is this new ep worth 3 bucks?

PookaMustard

[11]Apr 14, 2013
    You can download the newest episode right here:
    http://uploaded.net/file/f67shri6

I think later a better quality version would appear, but this one should suffice, I want to see if I'm seeing a better Cosmo at last!

bewitchedfan2k

[12]Apr 15, 2013

PookaMustard wrote:
    You can download the newest episode right here: http://uploaded.net/file/f67shri6 I think later a better quality version would appear, but this one should suffice, I want to see if I'm seeing a better Cosmo at last!

Once again, making this jolly foreigner (and seriously overgrown kid) happy

FOP_fan17

[13]Apr 15, 2013

fewmet wrote:

FOP_fan17 wrote:
    I daresay I liked both of them with one minor exception, mainly being how the fairies were largely absent from "Dinklescouts" and you couldn't even see their disguises during that time. "Dinklescouts": I like Dinkleberg, so this was a good idea to me. I liked how Dinkleberg got to be a good scout leader to the boys and even Cosmo's lines were good....I could actually see him saying and doing those things in the earlier seasons. "I Dream of Cosmo": I actually liked this one too (Isn't that shocking?) I thought it was funny when Mr. Turner tried to pretend his adult responsibilities to his wife and Timmy were enjoyable....a great reason why I don't want the lifescript! The other characters going in Cosmo's ear was not enjoyable, but bearable. I also didn't mind Sparky's role in either of these. At least he was helpful in both situations. I think I can get used to him. Mr. Turner thinking he was hallucinating Sparky and the bus reminds me of Jeff having to think Roger was his imaginary friend on AD! I think what might have made these episodes so enjoyable was the prevalence of the childless/childfree neighbor and the "I have to pretend the lifescript is bliss" joke....those things aren't common from what I've seen on TV so I enjoy any dosage of them. Cosmo was bearable too, even enjoyable at some points.

Okay, so let me ask you...the only way I currently have to watch any new eps of FOP is Amazon. I'd have to pay for it. Is this new ep worth 3 bucks?

You don't have to pay for them....I use another source that's free. I cansend you aPM with the link. Not only is the site free, it's easy to navigate and I've never had any problems with it. I'm not sure you'd like the episodes, so if you don't want to waste your money on them (I personally won't pay for any shows other than Futurama or AD!) the place I go to is quite useful. It should work in all countries, too.

PookaMustard

[15]Apr 15, 2013
    Could you also send me that site, FOPFan? I hope it has the episodes in the best quality and for download.

bewitchedfan2k

[16]Apr 15, 2013

I Dream Of Cosmo....... are 'kids' going to understand this? (part of the joy of a 30 year old man watching a kids show is me getting references like that knowing kids won't)

cozmorocks12

[17]Apr 17, 2013

This new ep did pretty dismal. Only 2.056 viewers

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/ratings/2013/04/16/sundays-cable-ratings-game-of-thrones-continues-its-reign-832512/cable_20130414/

PookaMustard

[18]Apr 17, 2013
    Was the episode that bad, or was it Sparky that caused this dramatic drop, or the special behind it? Weird, 2m viewers lost between episodes?

cozmorocks12

[19]Apr 18, 2013

PookaMustard wrote:
    Was the episode that bad, or was it Sparky that caused this dramatic drop, or the special behind it? Weird, 2m viewers lost between episodes?

I'm going to say KCAs gave FOP a slight boost. Without it OddPet probably would have done as bad as this ep. Glad the ratings are finally reflecting the show's quality.

PookaMustard

[20]Apr 18, 2013
    Let's see if there will be a reaction to this low rating thingy from the officials. I wonder if they'll refine their cartoon, or go with the sandwiching strategy and use Spongebob.