The Fairly OddParents Forums

Daily 7:00 AM on NickelodeonIn Season

New episode - Wanda divorces Cosmo!

fewmet

[1]Apr 1, 2013
    • level: 12

April Fool!

Darn it.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

PookaMustard

[2]Apr 1, 2013
    • level: 5
    What a mean joke from you! Even with the current smack writing and meanness of the show, this joke is a lot meaner... and eviler!

Next episode: All new intro, CGI models, references to Fanboy and Chum Chum, all new Anti-fairy dog, and best of all... Two all new villains: a babysitter and a teacher! Though I think you hate the current babysitter and want him dead... And Scrappy, Sparky's brother!

APRIL'S FOOL.

FOP_fan17

[3]Apr 1, 2013
    • level: 22
    I wish this wasn't an April Fool's joke.

PookaMustard

[4]Apr 1, 2013
    You want Wanda and Cosmo divorced?? You want to end the show in that anti-climatic, merciless way?? Noooooooooooooooo!!!!

fewmet

[5]Apr 2, 2013

PookaMustard wrote:
    You want Wanda and Cosmo divorced?? You want to end the show in that anti-climatic, merciless way?? Noooooooooooooooo!!!!

A lot of people would love it - probably the same people who now no longer watch the show.

Plus, it has solid story possibilities. If Wanda left Cosmo, possibly taking Poof with her (she's much too conscientious to leave the poor kid with his dad), then Cosmo would have to try to cope on his own, which has comic possibilities (and possibly some emotional ones as well, assuming the unfunny little cipher HAS any feelings anymore), plus Timmy would have to deal with the most incompetent fairy godparent ever, and meanwhile Wanda would try to start a new life, which would have complications because of Juandissimo, among other things. Maybe she could get rid of that Wilma Flintstone hairdo, which is impossible to render in 3D so that it makes sense, and get a new one, which would at least freshen up the show's stale look. And of course, eventually Wanda and Cosmo could get back together, after the idiot has actually learned his lesson and regained some of the charm he had in the show's beginning. At any rate, I think it's pretty clear that FOP needs a reboot if it's going to continue. The ratings for Oddpet were underwhelming. If Nick really IS happy with them, it only points out how desperate Nick has become (and if that's true, well, it serves Nick right. It let FOP go downhill. It bought up new shows that sucked. It let new writers destroy Spongebob's lovable personality, making him overly stupid. You reap what you sow).

Edited on 04/02/2013 12:29pm

LRifle

[6]Apr 3, 2013
    • level: 10
    If by "alot" you mean "a paltry handful of exceptionally outspoken non-fans on the internet" then yeah.... I'm sure "a lot" of people would *love* to see such a completely unnecessary, unrealistic adult-themed plot airing.

Time to come back to reality.

luiz4200

[7]Apr 3, 2013
    • level: 38
    So, I'm not the only one to miss the old days back when Cosmo and Wanda were "two halves of a whole idiot". Anyway, I hope Big Daddy appears in any episode where Wanda divorces Cosmo. Perhaps Big Daddy and Mama Cosma orchestrate the whole thing.

cozmorocks12

[8]Apr 3, 2013
    • level: 14

luiz4200 wrote:
    So, I'm not the only one to miss the old days back when Cosmo and Wanda were "two halves of a whole idiot". Anyway, I hope Big Daddy appears in any episode where Wanda divorces Cosmo. Perhaps Big Daddy and Mama Cosma orchestrate the whole thing.

Yeah definitely! I would love an episode like that! I really have been wanting to see Big Daddy since his first appearance. Although I do question his relationship with Mama Cosma.

Honestly I would argue more people are interested in Wanda and Cosmo getting back to how they were in their golden days then any TootiexTimmy episodes. They are what helped in FOP's adult appeal back in it's heyday. Plus I really doubt kids would be uninterested. See how much interest there was behind Poof? Cosmo and Wanda have always been a very important element to the show's appeal. And during FOP's heyday, Tootie+Timmy episodes were nothing special.

I didn't know being a fan meant blindly agreeing with a show's decisions throughout it's run. I would argue a real fan is one that continues to watch a show until it ends, and visits forums where you can discuss it.

But hey I guess everyone has their own "reality".

Edited on 04/03/2013 11:58am
    Edited 2 total times.

skyshaymin4ever

[9]Apr 3, 2013

i'd love an episode where wanda and cosmo get divorced and cosmo leaves and then wanda starts missing cosmo and then cosmo comes back after realizing he was being such a jerk to wanda.

sadly i don't think that will ever happen.

Edited on 04/03/2013 12:32pm

PookaMustard

[10]Apr 3, 2013
    And even if that "divorcing" idea had potential and could be aired on a kids network (being too much concentrated on adult problems), do you think THESE WRITERS would ever think about drama in the first place?

Or ever think about making Cosmo learn his lesson and get back to how he used to be? Forget that. They will just keep adding characters, focus on the idiotic Cosmo, Dad and Crocker, forget that they have an underused character called Vicky, or even worse, Trixie, etc, etc, etc... and forget about the glorious characters that appeared in season 5 and behind.

Unless they have a change of heart, which I can't calculate the odds for that to happen, for you.

stephdumas

[11]Apr 3, 2013

PookaMustard wrote:
    And even if that "divorcing" idea had potential and could be aired on a kids network (being too much concentrated on adult problems), do you think THESE WRITERS would ever think about drama in the first place? Or ever think about making Cosmo learn his lesson and get back to how he used to be?

The irony, there was a former show from Canada who aired on Nickelodeon did have an episode about Divorce a long while ago. That show was "You Can't do that on Television". Someone posted the "Divorce" episode online http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc6szk5qWLQ and it was written in a comedic way.

The FOP writers might be too lazy to think to bring back Cosmo how he used to be. Laughing

FOP_fan17

[12]Apr 3, 2013
    ^The writers have made it loud and clear that they simply do not care about this show at all. They are only making it for the money, and as long as Nick keeps finding a reason to keep it around, the fans' opinions don't matter in the slightest to them. I don't think I've ever seen a less caring TV show staff.

I obviously like fewmet's idea, and I don't mind the thought of this show approaching adult themes. They were done on children's cartoons when we were young. Just because today's shows don't like to use adult themes doesn't mean children wouldn't like them.

LRifle

[13]Apr 4, 2013

cozmorocks12 wrote:

Honestly I would argue more people are interested in Wanda and Cosmo getting back to how they were in their golden days then any TootiexTimmy episodes. They are what helped in FOP's adult appeal back in it's heyday. Plus I really doubt kids would be uninterested. See how much interest there was behind Poof? Cosmo and Wanda have always been a very important element to the show's appeal. And during FOP's heyday, Tootie+Timmy episodes were nothing special.

I didn't know being a fan meant blindly agreeing with a show's decisions throughout it's run. I would argue a real fan is one that continues to watch a show until it ends, and visits forums where you can discuss it.

But hey I guess everyone has their own "reality".

Your comparison makes no sense and seems like a bitter way of saying "Yeah? Well my pairing is still better than yours!". Timmy and Tootie have less episodes, yes, they aren't the main focus of the show, and yet two live action movies about them had more ratings than nearly every FOP special before it. Maybe the viewers don't want to see some convoluted Cosmo and Wanda story so they can kiss and make up for the umpteenth time, maybe they are just sick of Cosmo and Wanda (and Poof, and Crocker, and every other character that gets more episode per season than Timmy/Tootie has gotten in the entire show's run). As far as ratings from the past five or so specials are concerned, your statement has no evidence and is in fact almost the exact opposite of reality.. go figure.

Really, why even bring up Timmy/Tootie in the first place? I didn't mention that couple, I didn't make a comparison between it and C&W. Saying they are "nothing special" reeks of jealousy, especially when FOP's Golden Heydey featured her in a more prominent roles well received by fans (Channel Chasers for instance, which dealt with absolutely nothing to do with C&W's relationship together) while movies/episodes focused on C&W outside of the Poof special have been consistent flops (Fairy Idol, which specifically addressed the relationship problems between Timmy and his fairies, was panned here).

Also... There isn't anyone here "supporting the show blindly". Just because I have realistic expectations and realize that a divorce plot has no business being in a lighthearted children's comedy show doesn't mean I'm all of a sudden a blind and loyal Butch follower. Really, what would divorcing Cosmo and Wanda accomplish? People are mad over marriage jokes or Cosmo being an idiot? Because, whenever Wanda is being mean to Cosmo you guys have no problem with it. I'm sick of feminists and social justice nazis trying to make a mountain of a mole hile with that Cosmo and Wanda "relationship rift" which is almost 100% imagined at this point.

Edited on 04/04/2013 7:15am
    Edited 3 total times.

fewmet

[14]Apr 4, 2013

Your comparison makes no sense and seems like a bitter way of saying "Yeah? Well my pairing is still better than yours!". Timmy and Tootie have less episodes, yes, they aren't the main focus of the show, and yet two live action movies about them had more ratings than nearly every FOP special before it.

Yeah, and I'm sure the casting of Drake Bell and Daniella Monet had NOTHING to do with that. Gimme a break. In the first place, the Timmy/Tootie pairing had damn few fans compared to Timmy/Trixie's, probably because Timmy was actually interested in Trixie and had no use for Tootie (and who could blame him? A four-eyed creepy little stalker, that's all she was).

And you pretty much blew your cred when you said that Fairy Idol flopped. It got 5 million viewers, better than the Fairly Oddpet and not much less than that dreadful live-action mess of a Christmas special that you just adore because your fixation got addressed.

Of course the "Wanda Divorces Cosmo" story will not actually happen on FOP. Butch doesn't have the guts, and anyway he truly believes that if his cartoon focuses on idiocy, noise, fast pacing and sound effects, kids will watch, because he apparently believes that kids are stupid. Of course, that formula has pretty much failed for Tuff Puppy, but I bet he thinks it's because he allowed a few episodes where Dudley and Kitty seemed interested in each other. As if. Kitty'd be a bigger masochist than Wanda if she truly fell in love with a moron who gets her hurt all of the time.

Oh, BTW, do you honestly believe that Fairly Oddbaby would have gotten the ratings it did if viewers didn't care at least a little bit about Cosmo and Wanda? Do you think if a special had been planned in which Tootie got a little sister, viewers would have cared at all?

I'm going to ignore your comment about Feminazis and so on because its stupidity speaks for itself.

Edited on 04/04/2013 11:52am
    Edited 4 total times.

stephdumas

[15]Apr 4, 2013

fewmet wrote:

Yeah, and I'm sure the casting of Drake Bell and Daniella Monet had NOTHING to do with that. .

I begin to fell sorry for Drake Bell, he might be typecasted by that role abd night follow the path of Dustin Diamond of "Saved by the Bell".

:
    Of course the "Wanda Divorces Cosmo" story will not actually happen on FOP. Butch doesn't have the guts, and anyway he truly believes that if his cartoon focuses on idiocy, noise, fast pacing and sound effects, kids will watch, because he apparently believes that kids are stupid.

You might be right, Butch doesn't have the guts like the producers of Total Drama Island, Kevin Gillis (who worked on the Canadian toon The Raccoons and did an episode about the dangers of smoking), even Hanna-Barabara did more action and risky things with Johnny Quest, Mighty Mightor, Space Ghost and there the late Gerry Anderson, producer of Fireball XL5, Captain Scarlet, Thunderbirds and Stingray. Imagine a scene of Grow Up Timmy Turner, inspired from this today's politically incorrect action scene of this episode of Stingray with Guy Moon doing a cover of Barry Gray music (who did most of the musical backgrounds for Gerry Anderson), where Timmy rescue Tootie but the weapons given the current context is politically incorrect today.

skyshaymin4ever

[16]Apr 4, 2013

fewmet wrote:

Your comparison makes no sense and seems like a bitter way of saying "Yeah? Well my pairing is still better than yours!". Timmy and Tootie have less episodes, yes, they aren't the main focus of the show, and yet two live action movies about them had more ratings than nearly every FOP special before it.

Yeah, and I'm sure the casting of Drake Bell and Daniella Monet had NOTHING to do with that. Gimme a break. In the first place, the Timmy/Tootie pairing had damn few fans compared to Timmy/Trixie's, probably because Timmy was actually interested in Trixie and had no use for Tootie (and who could blame him? A four-eyed creepy little stalker, that's all she was).

And you pretty much blew your cred when you said that Fairy Idol flopped. It got 5 million viewers, better than the Fairly Oddpet and not much less than that dreadful live-action mess of a Christmas special that you just adore because your fixation got addressed.

Of course the "Wanda Divorces Cosmo" story will not actually happen on FOP. Butch doesn't have the guts, and anyway he truly believes that if his cartoon focuses on idiocy, noise, fast pacing and sound effects, kids will watch, because he apparently believes that kids are stupid. Of course, that formula has pretty much failed for Tuff Puppy, but I bet he thinks it's because he allowed a few episodes where Dudley and Kitty seemed interested in each other. As if. Kitty'd be a bigger masochist than Wanda if she truly fell in love with a moron who gets her hurt all of the time.

Oh, BTW, do you honestly believe that Fairly Oddbaby would have gotten the ratings it did if viewers didn't care at least a little bit about Cosmo and Wanda? Do you think if a special had been planned in which Tootie got a little sister, viewers would have cared at all?

I'm going to ignore your comment about Feminazis and so on because its stupidity speaks for itself.

this time i completely agree with you fewmet on the part about cosmo and wanda getting divorced again something i want that will sadly not ever happen. all i really want is for cosmo to see he's actually abusing wanda, i mean think about it all he ever has done to wanda was abusive well most of it anyway.

fewmet

[17]Apr 4, 2013

skyshaymin4ever wrote:

fewmet wrote:

this time i completely agree with you fewmet on the part about cosmo and wanda getting divorced again something i want that will sadly not ever happen. all i really want is for cosmo to see he's actually abusing wanda, i mean think about it all he ever has done to wanda was abusive well most of it anyway.

Thank you. I really believe that Cosmo's behavior has damaged the show's appeal for many viewers. I just wish Nick would notice that and do something, but I don't think any real change will happen unless the show changes production companies at the very least.

Again, look at My Little Pony. It's had about 5 shows prior to the current one, and they all were pretty bad (that I remember...I saw one or two episodes of one of the earlier versions and that was enough for me), but then a truly visionary artist, Lauren Faust, took it over, and corrected all the things that upset her when she watched the earlier versions as a kid (she had the toy Ponies and imagined adventures with them) and look at the result - that show is one of the best toons on TV right now. I'd rank it right up there with Phineas and Ferb and Gravity Falls in terms of quality. So a fan made a defunct show-property great - how about that? Just shows what can happen when fans are listened to or when a fan is in the position to change things for the better. I wish the same thing could happen for FOP.

FOP_fan17

[18]Apr 5, 2013

LRifle wrote:

Because, whenever Wanda is being mean to Cosmo you guys have no problem with it. I'm sick of feminists and social justice nazis trying to make a mountain of a mole hile with that Cosmo and Wanda "relationship rift" which is almost 100% imagined at this point.

Wanda is only "mean" to Cosmo when necessary....when he's being a jerk, is too stupid to realize the error of his ways, or is completely annoying and counterproductive to solving the situation at hand. And those instances don't count as being "mean,"they're making sure he doesn't cause any more chaos than usual so she and Cosmo can keep their jobs.On the (albeit rare) occasions she HAS been mean, like maybe looking at Juandissimo, I don't blame her one bit. Sure, two wrongs don't make a right, but if I were married to an insensitive jerk, I'd give him a taste of his own medicine because he'd more than deserve it. If Cosmodoesn't care about anyone else's feelings, why should anyone care about his? He doesn't deserve such grace. Like when his brother came to visit and he was upset about having been lied to for so many years.....in the show's golden years he would have deserved to have Wanda rushing to the rescue, but during the time the episode aired? Wanda went out of her way to do something forCosmo that he should have had to suck up and deal with himself. Wanda is too forgiving, and it diminishes her character when she's one of the few commonly seen AND likeable characters left.

As for the feminism comment,feminists are notmaking a "mountain out of a molehill"aboutmuch of anything, including the Cosmo and Wanda relationship. Menhave unjustly sat on pedestals since the beginning of time and expectedwomen to belittle more than obedient doormats. The feminism movement is only trying tomake men see women's potential and give women theopportunities and rights they deserve. Women have contributed much to the planet and they deserve proper recognition for that.

I also wasn't aware that the Cosmo and Wanda relationship is being overexaggerated or imagined in any way. It's a major contributing factor to fans turning away from the show, it's notenlighteningfor a children's audience, and there was evidence of it in "Fairly OddPet," which means the problem hasn't dwindled in any way.

Edited on 04/05/2013 12:47pm

YellowRaven2715

[19]May 20, 2014
    • level: 6
    fewmet wrote:

April Fool!

Darn it.

This is one cruel joke. I HOPE YOU GET KILLED FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fewmet

[20]Jun 7, 2014

YellowRaven2715 wrote:
    fewmet wrote:

April Fool!

Darn it.

This is one cruel joke. I HOPE YOU GET KILLED FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You need to stop watching FOP. One reason: Obviously it's given you a deeply disturbing personality disorder.

Another reason: IT SUCKS.