We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Fairly OddParents Forums

Daily 7:00 AM on NickelodeonIn Season

No Poof?

NegiSpongie

[1]Jul 15, 2014
    • level: 20

I've been noticing in the latest new episodes from "The Past and the Furious", "Cat-Astrophe", "Let Sleeper Dogs Lie", "Jerk of All Trades", and"Snack Attack" that Poof is mysteriously absent. Cosmo and Wanda are there along with that dog Sparky. Is there some reason Poof is gone or are they just trying to keep all the focus on Sparky. I don't like Sparky so that's not something I like.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

luiz4200

[2]Jul 16, 2014
    • level: 38
    NegiSpongie wrote:

I've been noticing in the latest new episodes from "The Past and the Furious", "Cat-Astrophe", "Let Sleeper Dogs Lie", "Jerk of All Trades", and"Snack Attack" that Poof is mysteriously absent. Cosmo and Wanda are there along with that dog Sparky. Is there some reason Poof is gone or are they just trying to keep all the focus on Sparky. I don't like Sparky so that's not something I like.

Probably Mama Cosma is babysitting like in "Open Wide and Say Aaaggghhhhhh". Did I get the episode's title right?

AC

[3]Jul 16, 2014
    • level: 6

The reasons why they kept Poof absent was because he had appeared in many episodes in seasons 6, 7, and 8. At least he did appear in episodes 127-138, 147 which were good. It's also because the producers want to let him give him a little break. It doesn't mean sparky ruined the show, it's just that Poof needs to have a bit of a break from screening time, that's all.

gideonbernstein

[4]Jul 16, 2014
    • level: 45
    He was in "The Wand That Got Away."

AC

[5]Jul 20, 2014
    • level: 6

Poof was in Love at First Bark and Desperate Without Housewives.

Boolia

[6]Jul 27, 2014
    • level: 23
    That's what I've been wondering when I watched those episodes. I was like 'where the heck is Poof?'I thought I missed an episode where they explained why he's absent. Are they going to rid of him for good since they have Sparky?

alexspotsme

[7]Aug 2, 2014
    • level: 15
    I'm a bit surprised I didn't see myself spot Poof at first. But after I watch and episode, I think to myself "Oh wow, I didn't see Poof in this episode. Weird".

fewmet

[8]Oct 17, 2014
    • level: 12

Hartman and company have downplayed Poof because they've heard fans cry "Poof ruined the show!" too many times.

That's a typical response from audiences, actually. When Lucy got pregnant on "I Love Lucy", people were afraid a baby would change the dynamic and make Lucy act less nutso. The writers, however, were good enough not to let that happen, and actually derived great new material from the baby. Same deal with The Flintstones.

Where Hartman went wrong was having Cosmo have the baby. Biggest dumbass move of his life. That turned a lot of people off, and the show, still struggling with other ills, never recovered.

FOP_fan17

[9]Dec 1, 2014
    • level: 22
    Well, he's absent because they're too busy focusing on that dog, which is stupid. They dedicated an entire episode to Poof speaking, now he doesn't speak and is mysteriously absent. They could get good material from him if he was still speaking - but instead, they'll use a loud dog to take up space that should be used by two of the main characters' child. Not really sure what the line of thinking is with this...

I've seen a handful of eps from the current season. I will admit that one of these was genuinely good, but that wasn't enough to hold my interest for the rest. I may go back and take a look at them later, but I've found too many other good animated shows that I no longer feel a need for this one.