The Fairly OddParents Forums

Daily 7:00 AM on NickelodeonIn Season

Season 9 Discussion!

PookaMustard

[1]Apr 30, 2013
    • level: 5
    Thought I'd let you all know about the interview with Butch that the FOP FB page posted.

http://www.otakusandgeeks.com/2013/04/interview-with-butch-hartman-creator-of.html

He explains the origin of FOP's idea (and Cosmo), talks about Sparky..

Says Timmy became more smarter over seasons (unlike the insane adults around him, which he made them more insane actually. They only made sense at start). He HOPES for Timmy and Trixie interaction (doesn't he know?), and does he even acknowledge the Wanda and Cosmo relationship?

Even worse, he mentioned Mr. Crocker, Mr. Turner and Cosmo in one complete sentence! And appluaded his writer's ideas!

Maybe I knew why he keeps them! He mentioned he created FOP at start to rescue himself from unemployment after S1 of Johnny Bravo ended. Maybe he keeps these bad writers to keep himself employed?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

FOP_fan17

[2]Apr 30, 2013
    • level: 22
    ^You guessed it with your last sentence, PookaMustard! I have nothing to say about this news as I ranted about the show in the "new ep and marathon" thread. But I don't believe anything that's said in interviews anymore....you barely have to skim it to know that hardly any of it (if any at all) is true.

alfa9delta

[3]May 1, 2013
    • level: 6
    I wish this season has an episode focusing on Chip Skylark and with a good song, like the old time's "Shiny Teeth" and "Chip Off the Old Chip".

I miss a good episode focusing on Chip...actually, on any character other than Timmy, Cosmo, Crocker and Timmy's Dad.

LRifle

[4]May 2, 2013
    • level: 10

More non-answers.

The Trixie part intrigues me most because its the first time he's spoken on the character. Seems a little biased that the interviewer mentions Trixie but not Tootie. The answer Hartman gave isn't any promising though, it seems to suggest that they've run out of ideas what to do with that couple. Here is a suggestion: Start building up Timmy/Tootie toward what we saw in the live action/Channel Chasers ending instead, that is what fans have been calling for.

LordGrievous

[5]May 2, 2013
    • level: 13

LRifle wrote:

More non-answers.

The Trixie part intrigues me most because its the first time he's spoken on the character. Seems a little biased that the interviewer mentions Trixie but not Tootie. The answer Hartman gave isn't any promising though, it seems to suggest that they've run out of ideas what to do with that couple. Here is a suggestion: Start building up Timmy/Tootie toward what we saw in the live action/Channel Chasers ending instead, that is what fans have been calling for.

I wouldn't even consider the live-action canon to the cartoon.

For one thing Timmy eventually loses his fairies at the end of Channel Chasers while in the live-action he's allowed to keep them despite not being a kid anymore.

The live action is probably gonna be considered a separate universe like The Penguins of Madagascar being separate from the movies.

Though I am surprised that Butch mentions Trixie since she like Tootie,Vicky,etc have been disappearing from the show now, But I hope he doesn't do something stupid with her like "Just the Two of Us".

LRifle

[6]May 2, 2013

The live action being non-canon hasn't been proven. I don't even know where that rumor got started. Hartman and his crew really weren't clear where that fit into the universe, but it aside from Channel Chasers is the only look into the future we have.

I don't like a lot of its elements either but it does expand on the future. However, my main focus is more the Channel Chasers ending, and overall, Timmy getting a happy ending, along with Tootie, Trixie, his friends, and other characters that have helped him in times of need. Even Crocker in a way should be given some proper closure. But I've long since come to terms though that Hartman either refuses to allow major change or simply is too greedy to see an end in sight for his cartoon. A final episode in its proper form will never happen, it will go out with a whimper again just like the Jimmy Neutron crossovers in the first cancellation.

Slight update also, the episode Dumbbell Curve is apparently about Timmy being the best at school. So, maybe we will see some of our favorites return, maybe even get more than two lines if we fools are lucky.

stephdumas

[8]May 3, 2013

LordGrievous wrote:

I wouldn't even consider the live-action canon to the cartoon.

For one thing Timmy eventually loses his fairies at the end of Channel Chasers while in the live-action he's allowed to keep them despite not being a kid anymore.

Tommy and Tammy would had been a more better choice for a spin-off or a sort of "retcon" (like what Total Drama Revenge of the Island did for Total Drama Island/Action/World Tour franchise with a all-new cast) of the series (and more better then the Poof and Foop spin-off idea once mentionned a long while ago. I feel sorry for Drake Bell, he might by typecasted by the role of Timmy Turner).

:
    Even worse, he mentioned Mr. Crocker, Mr. Turner and Cosmo in one complete sentence! And appluaded his writer's ideas!

I think I'm exagerate but I couldn't resist to ponder if he was forced (by having his arm twisted or some other threats) to applaud to his writer's ideas (probably hired by high-executives bean-counters who don't think outside of the box)?

Crocker, Dad and Cosmo,....no Norm the genie, no Pixies, not even Anti-Fairies, Remy Buxaplenty or Miss. Doombringer.

FOP_fan17

[9]May 5, 2013
    So what did everyone think of Turner and Hooch? I thought it had some watchability. It was cute seeing Poof running away from the underwear. The newest episodes haven't been nearly as bad as I thought they would be.

alfa9delta

[10]May 5, 2013
    • level: 6
    FOP_fan17 wrote:
    So what did everyone think of Turner and Hooch? I thought it had some watchability. It was cute seeing Poof running away from the underwear. The newest episodes haven't been nearly as bad as I thought they would be.

Couldn't watch yet. If someone has a link it'd be great =)

LRifle

[11]May 7, 2013
    Same here. I missed the premiere and the usual sites don't have it, not even itunes.

I'm guessing they won't release it on WEB-DL until the other half airs this Saturday.

Also, the new episode of FOP got 3.1 million viewers, an improvement over the lackluster ratings that Dinklescouts/I Dream of Cosmo got (though to be fair, that episode was a Nickelodeon patented schedule sacrificial lamb), and it was higher than the other Nick premieres that day including TMNT. The process of this show "dying" has proven to be quite unpredictable compared to what some have indicated, just when you're ready to count this show out it bounces back with a strong, almost Spongebobian level premiere rating.

cozmorocks12

[12]May 7, 2013
    • level: 14

LRifle wrote:
    Same here. I missed the premiere and the usual sites don't have it, not even itunes. I'm guessing they won't release it on WEB-DL until the other half airs this Saturday. Also, the new episode of FOP got 3.1 million viewers, an improvement over the lackluster ratings that Dinklescouts/I Dream of Cosmo got (though to be fair, that episode was a Nickelodeon patented schedule sacrificial lamb), and it was higher than the other Nick premieres that day including TMNT. The process of this show "dying" has proven to be quite unpredictable compared to what some have indicated, just when you're ready to count this show out it bounces back with a strong, almost Spongebobian level premiere rating.

To be fair, 3 million does not compare to Spongebob's 4+ million ratings. Really, FOP's "Spongebobian" rating is in line with the usual non-SB cartoon premiere number for Saturday.

But hey maybe you're right about FOP never dying, unfortunately.

Edited on 05/07/2013 3:49pm
    Edited 2 total times.

LordGrievous

[13]May 7, 2013

cozmorocks12 wrote:

LRifle wrote:
    Same here. I missed the premiere and the usual sites don't have it, not even itunes. I'm guessing they won't release it on WEB-DL until the other half airs this Saturday. Also, the new episode of FOP got 3.1 million viewers, an improvement over the lackluster ratings that Dinklescouts/I Dream of Cosmo got (though to be fair, that episode was a Nickelodeon patented schedule sacrificial lamb), and it was higher than the other Nick premieres that day including TMNT. The process of this show "dying" has proven to be quite unpredictable compared to what some have indicated, just when you're ready to count this show out it bounces back with a strong, almost Spongebobian level premiere rating.

To be fair, 3 million does not compare to Spongebob's 4+ million ratings. Really, FOP's "Spongebobian" rating is in line with the usual non-SB cartoon premiere number for Saturday.

It's sad when evenit's fans are hoping for FOP to be put out of it's misery.

LRifle

[14]May 8, 2013
    cozmorocks12 wrote:

Don't move those goal posts too quickly now.

PookaMustard

[15]May 8, 2013
    3.1 million... I wonder how will the next episode go, one million straight after a 2m is something to wonder about.

FOP_fan17

[16]May 8, 2013
    ^Sparky being the focus of it is probably what did it.

cozmorocks12

[17]May 8, 2013
    • level: 14

We're getting another episode this weekend same time.

Edited on 05/08/2013 10:28pm

PookaMustard

[18]May 12, 2013
    Well well well, for those who missed the two episodes, everybody can watch them now. Be quick to grab the episodes, because these filehosts didn't keep the rest of the series for long.

1080p:
    http://megafiles.se/nhffe5aod9sg

720p (my preferred version):
    http://megafiles.se/vben9b62xlys

480p:
    http://megafiles.se/a7ootolzjr1a

EDIT: Links taken down like a hawk... since we're speaking about FOP in here, there's only one responsible for this quick take down... Viacom!

Heck, I even compared it to Vicky.
    Edited on 05/12/2013 2:10pm

LRifle

[19]May 12, 2013
    Thanks for the copy of The Big Beginning. As for the new episodes, there are still torrents up and those cannot be taken down easily.

LordGrievous

[20]May 12, 2013

PookaMustard wrote:
    Well well well, for those who missed the two episodes, everybody can watch them now. Be quick to grab the episodes, because these filehosts didn't keep the rest of the series for long. 1080p: http://megafiles.se/nhffe5aod9sg 720p (my preferred version): http://megafiles.se/vben9b62xlys 480p: http://megafiles.se/a7ootolzjr1a EDIT: Links taken down like a hawk... since we're speaking about FOP in here, there's only one responsible for this quick take down... Viacom! Heck, I even compared it to Vicky.

I watched "Dumbell Curve" yesterday and after seeing it I didn't even bother with Turner and Pooch.

Timmy's reactions to Sparky eating his homework tells me that Butch has been watching to much Tom and Jerry.

And I think Wanda would have suggested wishing back his homework but she didn't even do that, and even with the little pit lines Sparky was nothing but annoying and completely unnecessary.

I think I'm just gonna give up on this show improving from the slump it has been, becausing really it's not gonna happen.