The Fairly OddParents Forums

Daily 7:00 AM on NickelodeonIn Season

Season 9 Discussion!

alfa9delta

[21]May 12, 2013
    • level: 6
    LordGrievous wrote:

I watched "Dumbell Curve" yesterday and after seeing it I didn't even bother with Turner and Pooch.

Timmy's reactions to Sparky eating his homework tells me that Butch has been watching to much Tom and Jerry.

And I think Wanda would have suggested wishing back his homework but she didn't even do that, and even with the little pit lines Sparky was nothing but annoying and completely unnecessary.

I think I'm just gonna give up on this show improving from the slump it has been, becausing really it's not gonna happen.

You chose the wrong episode. "Turner & Pooch" was actually enjoyable
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LordGrievous

[22]May 12, 2013
    • level: 13

alfa9delta wrote:
    LordGrievous wrote:

I watched "Dumbell Curve" yesterday and after seeing it I didn't even bother with Turner and Pooch.

Timmy's reactions to Sparky eating his homework tells me that Butch has been watching to much Tom and Jerry.

And I think Wanda would have suggested wishing back his homework but she didn't even do that, and even with the little pit lines Sparky was nothing but annoying and completely unnecessary.

I think I'm just gonna give up on this show improving from the slump it has been, becausing really it's not gonna happen.

You chose the wrong episode. "Turner & Pooch" was actually enjoyable

I'm getting tired of seeing Mr Crocker all the time.

I'd like to see more Vicky episodes since she's suppose to be the main antagonist but then again they've turned her into a psychopath now.

Edited on 05/12/2013 5:54pm

FOP_fan17

[23]May 13, 2013
    • level: 22
    There's another place you can watch the episodes, and they don't get taken down. PM me if you want it. I haven't seen Dumbbell Curve yet, but I agree that Turner and Pooch was decent. This season has not been abysmal so far, I'm finding it watchable.

PookaMustard

[24]May 14, 2013
    • level: 5
    The episodes were taken down by the uploader by accident last time I read. But nevermind, seems you all watched the episodes (while I only watched a clip of Dumbbell Curve and a few bits of FOPet).

So that brief cameo of her in Dumbbell Curve was sort of exeggerated? I care about her appearing more than being ruined and left for two appearances.

LRifle

[25]May 14, 2013
    • level: 10
    PookaMustard wrote:
    So that brief cameo of her in Dumbbell Curve was sort of exeggerated? I care about her appearing more than being ruined and left for two appearances.

"Exaggerated" implies that they at least put an effort into including her in the episode albeit obnoxiously. Her appearance was more like show up, say two lines to demonstrate the effect of Timmy's wish on people, and then leave to hurt herself offscreen. It wasn't anything to be thankful for, none of Vicky's appearances since Frenemy Mine have.

Anyways, ratings info is in. 3 million viewers again, landing it a spot on the top 25 for the week, and beating the Disney premieres for that week. So, FOP is doing its job. In my opinion, the consistent inclusion of some characters, Grey DeLisle's main ones to be exact, would bump those ratings up by at least half a million viewers. In particular, the episodes (and even live action movie) centered around Timmy and Tootie have been major ratings successes, so why hasn't Hartman followed up on this? We haven't even seen a hint of Tootie yet. Please don't tell me he is still squeamish about putting ten year olds in safe network-friendly romantic situations like what Disney consistently has in PnF.

FOP_fan17

[26]May 14, 2013
    So I saw Dumbbell Curve. While not as good as its counterpart Turner and Pooch, it wasn't bad. I agree that Wanda should have told Timmy to wish for his homework back, and his reaction seemed a bit out of character, and he was a bit bossy to Wanda at one point. But the rest of it was fine. I'm not even finding Cosmo unbearable, which is saying a lot.

PookaMustard

[27]May 15, 2013
    So Cosmo is improving, while Timmy could be falling behind, and Vicky shows nothing at all...?

Hmm... interesting I see... Will the new episodes make me stop hating Cosmo at last...? We'll see... Just let exams speed off my side on 22 May and I can take a look at Cosmo... and Sparky.

LordGrievous

[28]May 15, 2013

PookaMustard wrote:
    So Cosmo is improving, while Timmy could be falling behind, and Vicky shows nothing at all...? Hmm... interesting I see... Will the new episodes make me stop hating Cosmo at last...? We'll see... Just let exams speed off my side on 22 May and I can take a look at Cosmo... and Sparky.

I think Sparky is gonna be cosmo's replacement as "top idiot" or at least "partners in stupidity".

It seems like Vicky has been demoted to gag-prop.

stephdumas

[29]May 15, 2013
    At least Dark Laser didn't appeared.....yet.

PookaMustard

[30]May 16, 2013
    Great not hearing about Dark Laser, the Ralph and Vanellope cameo, but not the Vicky appearance and Timmy's character...

What will happen next? Is there an episode this Saturday?

stephdumas

[31]May 17, 2013

PookaMustard wrote:
    Great not hearing about Dark Laser, the Ralph and Vanellope cameo, but not the Vicky appearance and Timmy's character... What will happen next? Is there an episode this Saturday?

Come to think of it, we might be due for a cameo of the Pixies and/or the Anti-Fairies (could we see a Anti-Sparky coming too?).

fewmet

[32]May 17, 2013
    • level: 12

I won't consider Cosmo less unbearable until his past actions are addressed in some way - AND he regains some of the more likable qualities he had in the show's earlier seasons.

As for the dog, yeah, it figures he'd be yet another idiot. That's the only kind of "joke" Hartman understands.

Haven't seen the new ep, don't care.

3 million viewers? What a pitiful number. If Disney's losing to that, it needs to shake up its schedule.

LordGrievous

[33]May 17, 2013

fewmet wrote:

I won't consider Cosmo less unbearable until his past actions are addressed in some way - AND he regains some of the more likable qualities he had in the show's earlier seasons.

As for the dog, yeah, it figures he'd be yet another idiot. That's the only kind of "joke" Hartman understands.

Haven't seen the new ep, don't care.

3 million viewers? What a pitiful number. If Disney's losing to that, it needs to shake up its schedule.

Of course Disney is losing to that, all Disney has been showing are those lousy tween shows.

The only cartoons left are Phineas&Ferb( which has been on less lately) and Gravity Falls( Which needs more episodes).

Disney needs to renew some of their cartoons because 2 seasons are not enough.

As for your comment on the dog..... yeah I saw that "dumbell and curve" and he only had less then a minute on the episode and was still able to tick me off right away. There are two words that best describe the dog and they are "Scrappy Doo".

alfa9delta

[34]May 17, 2013
    • level: 6
    New storyboard panel posted by Butch on his instagram. Looks like Timmy's Dad is gonna meet Cosmo and Wanda AGAIN... Plus, Wanda's crown seems different on the scene, look:

http://instagram.com/p/ZS5OLLtv5q/

LordGrievous

[35]May 18, 2013

[QUOTE="alfa9delta"]New storyboard panel posted by Butch on his instagram. Looks like Timmy's Dad is gonna meet Cosmo and Wanda AGAIN... Plus, Wanda's crown seems different on the scene, look: http://instagram.com/p/ZS5OLLtv5q/[/QUOTE]

Wow another episode where one/both of Timmy's parents see Cosmo and Wanda. And of course they'll be some excuse as to why.

Timmy isn'teven trying to follow Da' Rules anymore.

LRifle

[36]May 19, 2013
    alfa9delta wrote:
    New storyboard panel posted by Butch on his instagram. Looks like Timmy's Dad is gonna meet Cosmo and Wanda AGAIN... Plus, Wanda's crown seems different on the scene, look:

http://instagram.com/p/ZS5OLLtv5q/

Looks like Cosmo doesn't have a crown at all, and Wanda's is a "fake" or different one. Maybe Cosmo and Wanda lose their powers or something and it allows them to interact with Timmy's dad. It doesn't take much for them to allow that, its a barrier that has already been shattered before actually. So its probably not going to be much of a rule break.

FOP_fan17

[37]May 19, 2013
    The Instagram link appears to be incorrect or invalid now.

bewitchedfan2k

[38]May 20, 2013
    • level: 12

Turner & Pooch - give me strength Undecided
    Dumbbell Curve - hmmm, midly assuming

"Everything in Europe is weird" .... depends on which bit of it.

Edited on 05/20/2013 11:18am

alexspotsme

[39]May 20, 2013
    • level: 15
    Y'all, is it me or does Cosmo's voice sound incredibly higher than usual? If this is the case, what's Daran thinking? Or keeping him from being relaxed with Cosmo's voice?

Other than that, the episodes haven't been too bad. Timmy has some sensible moments, like in Dumbbell Curve, when he DID his own homework. Props to you Timmy!

cozmorocks12

[40]May 30, 2013
    • level: 14

More new eps practically every wk in june.

SATURDAY AM 9:30 a.m.The Fairly Odd Parents: 6/1, 6/8, 6/15, 6/22, 6/29

EDIT: Here's some titles. I'm thinking it is quite possible #132 will be a half-hour special rather than a regular 11 min ep.

#130A 06-01-2013 The Terrible Twosome

#130B 06-08-2013 App Trap

#131A 06-15-2013 Force of Nature

#131B 06-22-2013 Viral Vidiots

#132 06-29-2013 Scary GodCouple

Edited on 05/31/2013 5:51pm