The Fairly OddParents Forums

Daily 7:00 AM on NickelodeonIn Season

Season 9 Discussion!

alfa9delta

[41]Jun 1, 2013
    • level: 6
    "Terrible Twosome" (aired today) is already available for download in average quality

http://tny.cz/95b0bb1d
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

FOP_fan17

[42]Jun 1, 2013
    • level: 22
    ^I really liked this one! This season isn't bad IMO.

Ayranci

[43]Jun 2, 2013
    • level: 17

I thought Terrrible Twosome was a great episode of FOP. I agree with @FOP_fan17. So far this season is not bad. I hope It gets better and funnier.

Edited on 06/03/2013 7:03am

PookaMustard

[44]Jun 2, 2013
    • level: 5
    I watched Dinklescouts and I Dream of Cosmo yesterday, and so far, I'm feeling that Cosmo is getting more tolerable! I'll wait for the high quality episodes to be posted up, but so far, I think that this season wasn't really bad...

Unless you put Vicky into consideration! There's something about this Scary GodCouple episode. Firstly, it isn't Halloween yet. Secondly, it has "couple", not "parents". Thirdly, remember that episode description that said she would get Foop as a godparent and together they'd try to destroy the fairies?

The fact that it's a half hour means this could be the sequel to the losers episode? Or the fact that it's the first Vicky based special since Channel Chasers?

LordGrievous

[45]Jun 2, 2013
    • level: 13

Ayranci wrote:

I thought Terrrible Twosome was a great episode of FOP. I agree with @FOP_fan17. So farthis season is not bad. I hope It gets better and funnier.

It'll get better if they stop using Crocker so much.

I bet he'll be in more then half the episodes this season.

cozmorocks12

[46]Jun 2, 2013
    • level: 14

I was disappointed with no Anti-Cosmo nor Anti-Wanda. Maybe we could have cut out the Crocker gags and used them instead I did like the Dr. Rip Studwell cameo. It's been a while since we've seen him. Hopefully this means we may see more other unused characters soon? Alright episode. Foop's lines were funny I have to admit, but the rest meh.

PookaMustard

[47]Jun 2, 2013
    I thought you was talking about Dr. Snipowitz... but Snipowitz or Rip Studwell, he appeared in season 6. I'm more concerned about the previous characters than the characters that got to appear in season 6 and after.

So season 9 is still going up the hill? Oh yeah! But I admit that there will be some falls down some pits though.

skyshaymin4ever

[48]Jun 2, 2013

unfortunatly the only episodes i've seen this season are fairly oddpet, dinkle scouts, and more then half of i dream of cosmo haven't seen the rest yet

Ayranci

[49]Jun 3, 2013

LordGrievous wrote:

Ayranci wrote:

I thought Terrrible Twosome was a great episode of FOP. I agree with @FOP_fan17. So far this season is not bad. I hope It gets better and funnier.

It'll get better if they stop using Crocker so much.

I bet he'll be in more then half the episodes this season.

I agree that they need to make less Crocker episodes but I actually liked "Turner and Pooch" episode.

Edited on 06/04/2013 10:22am

fewmet

[50]Jun 3, 2013
    • level: 12

Saw a clip of "Terrible Twosome" at the Nick site. Cosmo's still a jerk. Screw it.

EDITED TO ADD: The whole episode is up at the Nick site.

Edited on 06/03/2013 5:52pm

Ayranci

[51]Jun 4, 2013

fewmet wrote:

Saw a clip of "Terrible Twosome" at the Nick site. Cosmo's still a jerk. Screw it.

Cosmo wasn't a jerk in "Terrible Twosome". He only hurts himself in this episode.

Edited on 06/04/2013 10:24am

fewmet

[52]Jun 4, 2013

Ayranci wrote:

fewmet wrote:

Cosmo wasn't a jerk in "Terrible Twosome". He only hurts himself in this episode.

When Wanda talks about Poof's rebelliousness, Cosmo says "Fight the man, Poof!" When Poof lashesout at Cosmo, Cosmo says, "When I said 'fight the man', I meant your mother..."

Ha ha ha.

Edited on 06/04/2013 4:24pm

PookaMustard

[53]Jun 5, 2013
    So how come the man he's talking about be his mother? He should've said the woman... Ugh, what now? He considers her a "man" to be fought?

That proves that Cosmo should be ditched! Or at least, there must be something explaining the flanderized nature of Dimmsdale. Let's say a disease Cosmo is carrying but is unnoticed that Wanda is invulnerable to, causing the show to be like that.

Ooh, Dumbbell Curve. Without hearing a thing, one comment: are redhaired people destined to cut off their hair anytime? :/

LordGrievous

[54]Jun 5, 2013
    PookaMustard wrote:
    So how come the man he's talking about be his mother? He should've said the woman... Ugh, what now? He considers her a "man" to be fought?

That proves that Cosmo should be ditched! Or at least, there must be something explaining the flanderized nature of Dimmsdale. Let's say a disease Cosmo is carrying but is unnoticed that Wanda is invulnerable to, causing the show to be like that.

Ooh, Dumbbell Curve. Without hearing a thing, one comment: are redhaired people destined to cut off their hair anytime? :/

Because the saying is "Fight the Man" which means "fight authority" and since in TV stereo-types the wife has the real authority other the husband.

alfa9delta

[55]Jun 5, 2013
    • level: 6
    fewmet wrote:

Ayranci wrote:

fewmet wrote:

When Wanda talks about Poof's rebelliousness, Cosmo says "Fight the man, Poof!" When Poof lashesout at Cosmo, Cosmo says, "When I said 'fight the man', I meant your mother..."

Ha ha ha.

As said by @LordGriveous, that was only a joke upon the saying "Fight the Man" which means "fight authority". Seriously, you take TOO serious the jokes related to Wanda and how Cosmo treats her. Are you some kind of feminist? You've judged a whole episode (that was actually good) because of one line Cosmo said related to Wanda...

Bad news for you: Cosmo will keep doing this kind of joke, because he has ALWAYS done, even when the show was considered excelent he used to call Wanda "nagging", make jokes about being married and stuff. .

fewmet

[56]Jun 5, 2013

alfa9delta wrote:
    fewmet wrote:

Ayranci wrote:

fewmet wrote:

Ha ha ha.

As said by @LordGriveous, that was only a joke upon the saying "Fight the Man" which means "fight authority". Seriously, you take TOO serious the jokes related to Wanda and how Cosmo treats her. Are you some kind of feminist? You've judged a whole episode (that was actually good) because of one line Cosmo said related to Wanda... Bad news for you: Cosmo will keep doing this kind of joke, because he has ALWAYS done, even when the show was considered excelent he used to call Wanda "nagging", make jokes about being married and stuff. .

Nah, Cosmo didn't dump on Wanda when the show was GOOD.

Bad news for me? More like bad news for the show if that stuff continues. It'll just keep losing viewers.

Ayranci

[57]Jun 6, 2013

fewmet wrote:

Ayranci wrote:

fewmet wrote:

Ha ha ha.

I know but at least Cosmo got what he deserved for saying that.

Edited on 06/06/2013 6:49am

fewmet

[58]Jun 6, 2013

Ayranci wrote:

fewmet wrote:

Ayranci wrote:

fewmet wrote:

Ha ha ha.

I know but at least Cosmo got what he deserved for saying that.

Yes, that's very true, but that doesn't make me like him. And I think that's the trouble. Cosmo is no longer likable, no longer funny, so what good is he? It's interesting - I've been lurking at the Toon Zone forums, and there's a topic there called "What toons did you once dislike but now like, or vice-versa", and FOP comes up in the "dislike" column several times, and both Timmy and Cosmo are blamed for it. Butch Hartman simply will not face or grasp the fact that he's made two of his main characters unlikable to a lot of viewers - and so FOP's downward spiral continues.

FOP_fan17

[59]Jun 6, 2013
    • level: 22

alfa9delta wrote:
    fewmet wrote:

Ayranci wrote:

fewmet wrote:

Ha ha ha.

Are you some kind of feminist?
    This is the second time a member here has mentioned feminism. While I can certainly see why people think Fewmet and perhaps I are feminists, the way thequestion is being worded is troublesome to me. I think Fewmet and I are two of the few females here.....so why do you guys have a problem with feminism? What, women can'task for equal right to men? I know this has nothing to do with the episode, but I'm so tired of people (mainly men) labeling feminism as a "bad" thing. I like everyone here and I don't want to start any fights, but if you disagree with someone about a joke on the show, you don't have to call out their feminism or any other ideals. I'm sure plenty of fans that are unhappy with Cosmo's behavior aren't feminists, so it doesn't need to be brought up (in a somewhataccusatory way) again.

LordGrievous

[60]Jun 6, 2013

FOP_fan17 wrote:

alfa9delta wrote:
    fewmet wrote:

Ayranci wrote:

fewmet wrote:

Ha ha ha.

Are you some kind of feminist?
    This is the second time a member here has mentioned feminism. While I can certainly see why people think Fewmet and perhaps I are feminists, the way thequestion is being worded is troublesome to me. I think Fewmet and I are two of the few females here.....so why do you guys have a problem with feminism? What, women can'task for equal right to men? I know this has nothing to do with the episode, but I'm so tired of people (mainly men) labeling feminism as a "bad" thing. I like everyone here and I don't want to start any fights, but if you disagree with someone about a joke on the show, you don't have to call out their feminism or any other ideals. I'm sure plenty of fans that are unhappy with Cosmo's behavior aren't feminists, so it doesn't need to be brought up (in a somewhataccusatory way) again.

The reason feminism has been labeled as a bad thing is because it's no longer just used for equal rights for women. it's also used by women for whenever something doesn't go their way or when even the littlest or slightest negative thing happens to any female they consider it a major crime from the other gender even if the other gender gets the same treatment themselves.

Now while I agree Cosmo's behavior towards Wanda has been disgusting, that "Fight the Man" quote was not bad enough to get worked up about.