alfa9delta

[61]Jun 6, 2013
    • level: 6
    FOP_fan17 wrote:

alfa9delta wrote:
    fewmet wrote:

Ayranci wrote:

fewmet wrote:

Saw a clip of "Terrible Twosome" at the Nick site. Cosmo's still a jerk. Screw it.

EDITED TO ADD: The whole episode is up at the Nick site.

Cosmo wasn't a jerk in "Terrible Twosome". He only hurts himself in this episode.

When Wanda talks about Poof's rebelliousness, Cosmo says "Fight the man, Poof!" When Poof lashesout at Cosmo, Cosmo says, "When I said 'fight the man', I meant your mother..."

Ha ha ha.

Are you some kind of feminist?
    This is the second time a member here has mentioned feminism. While I can certainly see why people think Fewmet and perhaps I are feminists, the way thequestion is being worded is troublesome to me. I think Fewmet and I are two of the few females here.....so why do you guys have a problem with feminism? What, women can'task for equal right to men? I know this has nothing to do with the episode, but I'm so tired of people (mainly men) labeling feminism as a "bad" thing. I like everyone here and I don't want to start any fights, but if you disagree with someone about a joke on the show, you don't have to call out their feminism or any other ideals. I'm sure plenty of fans that are unhappy with Cosmo's behavior aren't feminists, so it doesn't need to be brought up (in a somewhataccusatory way) again.

Sorry, I didn't know you both are females. I just mentioned the feminism cause it's not the first time fewmet complains about Cosmo's relationship with Wanda. I remember her complaining about Cosmo throwing coffee at Wanda back when "Love Triangle" premiered, plus, if I'm not wrong, she has even called Hartman sexist because of this issue in a thread last year (If I'm wrong, I'm really really sorry). So, I wasn't accusing or talking about feminism as something bad, I just tried to point out the recurring exaggeration on the question of how Cosmo treats Wanda
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LRifle

[62]Jun 7, 2013
    • level: 10
    ^Yeah, and quite a militant one.

While there is no doubt moments where Cosmo does something stupid toward Wanda, it reached the point where some people were obviously stretching. Plus, no one ever seems to complain when Wanda returns the favor, which happens more often than reverse actually.

On top of that, its been going on for years here now, and the whining hasn't stopped even when C/W are given countless touching moments that make up for whatever light-hearted humor that some people have taken too seriously.

In other words, there is a sexist around, and it isn't Hartman.

LordGrievous

[63]Jun 7, 2013
    • level: 13

LRifle wrote:
    ^Yeah, and quite a militant one. While there is no doubt moments where Cosmo does something stupid toward Wanda, it reached the point where some people were obviously stretching. Plus, no one ever seems to complain when Wanda returns the favor, which happens more often than reverse actually. On top of that, its been going on for years here now, and the whining hasn't stopped even when C/W are given countless touching moments that make up for whatever light-hearted humor that some people have taken too seriously. In other words, there is a sexist around, and it isn't Hartman.

Well it's not just Hartman anyway.

fewmet

[64]Jun 7, 2013
    • level: 12

Uh, huh. And I could turn it right around and say that if you ENJOY Cosmo's behavior, then you're a misogynist.

What I think is interesting is the fact that the new Timmy/Tootie romance has done nothing for the show's ratings performance, and neither has the addition of Sparky. That's because the fundamental problems with the show haven't been addressed. Period.

If I'm a militant "feminist", then so are a few people at Toon Zone. Go rail at them if you like.

alfa9delta

[65]Jun 8, 2013
    Back to the main topic of the thread, a new episode of FOP aired today, "App Trap".

Here's where you can download it:

http://rapidgator.net/file/0838a4012b9b9cb9a659281b3af450d8/The.Fairly.OddParents.S09E04b.App.Trap.TVRip.x264-UNPOPULAR.mp4.html

FOP_fan17

[66]Jun 11, 2013
    • level: 22
    Saw the new episode. It was meh. I think the main problem for me was that I'm not technology savvy myself, so an episode about cell phone addiction wasn't interesting to me. The app jokes were overdone, and so it didn't hold my interest. But I was glad to see that AJ and Elmer appeared, and AJ even had a line or two. So far I think this season is turning out better than the last. The only episodes I haven't enjoyed are Fairly Odd Pet and App Trapp.

I've already told a couple of other members here about this place, but EVERY FOP episode is currently available at the site I use to catch up on what I missed. This site doesn't have episodes taken down either, so if anyone who doesn't have Netflix or DVDs wants to use this source, just PM me.

Ayranci

[67]Jun 11, 2013
    • level: 17

I thought this episode was enjoyable. Sparky was likeable in this episode. It's good to see A.J. and Elmer again. I'm glad that A.J. had two lines in this episode but I wish we could see Chester in this episode too. This episode wasn't funny but I thought "F App" part was funny. I think I'm the only one who liked this episode. In my opinion, this episode was way better than"Dumbbell Curve" but "Terrible Twosome" was better than this episode. I hope season 9 gets better and funnier and I hope other characters of FOP appears in this season more than Mr. Crocker and Foop.

Edited on 06/11/2013 9:23am
    Edited 2 total times.

fewmet

[68]Jun 17, 2013

I just saw "Force of Nature" and "Viral Vidiots" on the Nick site. Those eps were all right. Cosmo was toned down considerably (thank god), and the eps weren't quite as unbearably loud and stupid as usual. Timmy was also less obnoxious. Poof, however, has no role to play (too many fans whining about him, I guess) and Sparky is completely superfluous. He's just a slightly smarter Cosmo. Based on JUST those two eps, the show has improved, but it might be too little, too late...

bewitchedfan2k

[69]Jun 24, 2013

The Terrible Twosome: An episode about Poof again, bout time (yeah he's still there). 8/10

App Trap: Find smart phones annoying (don't own one. I can phone and txt on the move that'll do me). Bit of a hack idea ep really, meh 3/10

PookaMustard

[70]Jun 25, 2013
    • level: 5
    I wanna ask about App Trap though. Did Principal Waxelplax appear in that episode?

skyshaymin4ever

[71]Jun 26, 2013

PookaMustard wrote:
    I wanna ask about App Trap though. Did Principal Waxelplax appear in that episode?

she did but it was only for a minute or so

alfa9delta

[72]Jun 28, 2013
    Last Saturday's new FOP, "Viral Vidiots", was the most watched show of the week on Nick, attracting 3.2 million viewers, and beating SpongeBob and a premiere episode of iCarly's spin-off, "Sam & Cat" (that got 3.1).

If the ratings keeps like this, a Season 10 seems inevitable.

LordGrievous

[73]Jun 29, 2013
    • level: 13

alfa9delta wrote:
    Last Saturday's new FOP, "Viral Vidiots", was the most watched show of the week on Nick, attracting 3.2 million viewers, and beating SpongeBob and a premiere episode of iCarly's spin-off, "Sam & Cat" (that got 3.1). If the ratings keeps like this, a Season 10 seems inevitable.

The show needs to beput out of it's misery, but since most of Nickelodeon's shows stink they'll have to keep making more FOP and SB episodes.

FOP_fan17

[74]Jun 29, 2013
    • level: 22
    Both of the new eps were decent.

aaguilarumana

[75]Aug 25, 2013
    • level: 3
    Hey, y'all. New here (well, not quite, but it's been years since I've visited this forum). Haven't seen the eps yet, but this show has been warped to such an extent that I'm really weary of watching it (especially a rather unnecessary new cast member, and Cosmo continues being supremely idiotic/jerky with his wife). The moment I heard of a new fairy dog, I literally facepalmed. Why...why Butch? Anyway, some of the members are saying it's good so I might give it a shot. I tend to be of the opinion where only a reboot will save this show, and I don't see that happening anytime soon, if ever. It's sad; it was probably *my* childhood show (with C&W being my first OTP). It now even hurts to see Cosmo in the old episodes, that is how much he has completely twisted my perception of it.

skyshaymin4ever

[76]Aug 29, 2013

i'm really excited for then new episode hmm you know what this new season is getting better and better i'm mean we saw chester and AJ for a few minutes in app trap (i wonder if crocker made that phone some how knowing turner would wish for one he is pretty predictable sometimes)

PookaMustard

[77]Sep 17, 2013
    The new episode is airing in around 10 days, according to tv.com. Finally some advance I see...