The Fairly OddParents Forums

Daily 7:00 AM on NickelodeonIn Season

Things you want to see in the 9th season

  • Avatar of AC

    AC

    [1]Dec 8, 2012
    • member since: 11/12/11
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 89

    What episodes do you really like to see in The Fairly OddParents's 9th season?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of alfa9delta

    alfa9delta

    [2]Dec 8, 2012
    • member since: 07/04/10
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 157
    I'd like to see some episodes with Remy and Norm. Also, some people may not agree with me on this, but I'd enjoy seeing the Spellementary School again.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of FOP_fan17

    FOP_fan17

    [3]Dec 8, 2012
    • member since: 02/12/08
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 5,081
    I know there are certain things everyone would LOVE to see, but realistically speaking:

    - I agree with alfa9delta about Spellementary School. It's one of the newer ideas that has a lot of potential.
    - Anti-Fairies. I love seeing them, although I prefer Anti-Cosmo and Anti-Wanda to Foop.

    - I'd like to see more of Chester and AJ - the show feels weird without them! Just because Cosmo and Wanda had a baby doesn't mean Timmy's friends have to be off the radar!
    - More scenes where the fairies are not interacting with Timmy - it's nice to see them on their own. This was a once every/every other episode occurrence in the earlier seasons. They are far funnier when in their own set-up instead of something Timmy wanted.
    - More Mark Chang! I've always loved him, and who can hate any character voiced by Rob Paulsen? - How about different head gags? Not ones with the staff members' heads, but ones that actually pertain to the episode?
    - A special/movie with an interesting plot, real drama, romance, wide array of characters/cameos, and a satisfying ending.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of PookaMustard

    PookaMustard

    [4]Dec 9, 2012
    • member since: 11/10/12
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 96
    Two words: MORE VICKY!

    It can't be FOP without her. Otherwise, I don't know what show am I watching now. Just as long as she's the sadist we all know and love, not the homicidal creeper. Plus more moments of her with Tootie and Mark.

    Also, Norm, Pixies, Anti-Cosmo, how dare you forget them...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of fewmet

    fewmet

    [5]Dec 9, 2012
    • member since: 08/20/05
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 1,887

    1. The current FOP crew replaced with talented people who respect kids' feelings and intelligence.


    2. The voices of Cosmo and Wanda toned down, deepened, and adjusted so that they regain the likability they once had in the earlier seasons.


    3. Wanda's and Cosmo's relationship repaired. Maybe if those two were more lovable, Nick could manage to actually sell some merchandise with their likenesses on it. (Hear that, Butch? I know your primary motive is money. Surely this idea appeals to you?)


    4. Humanize Vicky.


    5. Turn down the volume and slow down the pacing. Of course, this would also mean improving the writing, since the noise and speed could no longer be used to deflect attention from the truly atrocious scripts that have been used for this series since the fourth/fifth seasons.



    None of the above will ever happen, because Butch is a smug egotist who believes that His Lord has made all his success possible. And that women are inferior. An extreme view on my part, to be sure, but I've never seen anything in his actions or in his creations to suggest that the truth is otherwise.

    Edited on 12/09/2012 5:15pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of alfa9delta

    alfa9delta

    [6]Dec 9, 2012
    • member since: 07/04/10
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 157
    fewmet wrote:

    1. The current FOP crew replaced with talented people who respect kids' feelings and intelligence.


    2. The voices of Cosmo and Wanda toned down, deepened, and adjusted so that they regain the likability they once had in the earlier seasons.


    3. Wanda's and Cosmo's relationship repaired. Maybe if those two were more lovable, Nick could manage to actually sell some merchandise with their likenesses on it. (Hear that, Butch? I know your primary motive is money. Surely this idea appeals to you?)


    4. Humanize Vicky.


    5. Turn down the volume and slow down the pacing. Of course, this would also mean improving the writing, since the noise and speed could no longer be used to deflect attention from the truly atrocious scripts that have been used for this series since the fourth/fifth seasons.



    None of the above will ever happen, because Butch is a smug egotist who believes that His Lord has made all his success possible. And that women are inferior. An extreme view on my part, to be sure, but I've never seen anything in his actions or in his creations to suggest that the truth is otherwise.



    Hey calm down! You can't say these things of Hartman, you don't even know the guy,ok? You can say all about his work, but not about his personality. You're taking the "hater" thing to another level here. Stop and think before writing....

    I think some of you guys overreact on Cosmo's actions. Sometimes he injures Wanda, and this is unnecessary, ok. But c'mon, it's not like they're not a loveable couple anymore (and not even that Hartman thinks women are inferior, for God sake!). They still love each other, and Cosmo isn't a jerk just with her, he acts like this with everybody! You can see he injuring Timmy a lot too, but nobody complains about this. Anyway, and his voice, this doesn't bug me either.
    All I wanted for this season was a better writing.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of FOP_fan17

    FOP_fan17

    [7]Dec 9, 2012
    • member since: 02/12/08
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 5,081
    ^But Fewmet makes good points, alfa9delta. I feel like my intelligence IS insulted when I watch this show because it's all stupid humor, hardly any of it is clever anymore. If people understood clever cartoon humor back in the 90's, they are perfectly capable of doing so today, especially when children are exposed to things nowadays that we weren't exposed to as kids. - I also agree with the voices. Cosmo's voice alone makes me keep my TV turned to a specific volume, and then sometimes I can't even hear what other characters are saying! His voice is WAY too high IMO, it's even higher than SpongeBob's! Even Wanda is too shrilly sometimes (and it's such a shame, because her character is still good!)

    - I think Cosmo and Wanda have gotten MARGINALLY better relationship-wise. There haven't been too many (if any) nag jokes, and there were a couple of times when they went on dates, and they have mentioned jealousy and loving each other.....but it's still not to the potential it could be. Quite frankly, I'm still angry that when Cosmo and Wanda were actually allowed to *gasp* HUG in the Christmas episode, Cosmo had cheeseburgers floating around his head. Like seeing mutual hearts with his wife would have been so terrible, right? Instead all of the focus went to Timmy and Tootie....yes, we've been rooting for them, but a mistletoe kiss is cliche and besides, there aren't legitimate problems with their relationship like there are with the fairies. Cosmo and Wanda are the ones that focus should have been on, and it was ruined. I DO see evidence of sexism in this show. Not nearly the worst cases I've ever seen, but they're still ridiculous. Fewmet has every reason to be angry about the current state of this show. What was once an original, charming, funny, interesting show is now filled with loud, unoriginal, misogynist "humor." Wanda never gets episodes anymore, Trixie, Vicky, and Tootie are practically off the radar in the cartoon....while sexism may not be intended, it certainly comes across that way. Sure, many male characters have been written off, too, but males get enough of episodes about them as it is. The main thing I want, as unrealistic as it is, is for the show to get its old flavor back. Use other characters, slow the pace, let characters branch out on their own, etc. It's too family-esque for me now. I like family stuff, don't get me wrong, but there's way too much of it on this show now. Heck, American Dad is about a family of seven and can still pull off using a wide range of material.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of luiz4200

    luiz4200

    [8]Dec 10, 2012
    • member since: 06/18/05
    • level: 38
    • rank: Squarepants
    • posts: 2,937
    One episode about Crocker trying to capture Juandissimo. "Teacher's Pet" doesn't count because Juandissimo was just one of the several fairies Crocker captured.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of bewitchedfan2k

    bewitchedfan2k

    [9]Dec 10, 2012
    • member since: 10/30/08
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 667

    Ms Doombringer but it won't happen. Catman and Dark Laser will be plentiful though no doubt Tongue out

    Edited on 12/10/2012 8:31am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of alfa9delta

    alfa9delta

    [10]Dec 11, 2012
    • member since: 07/04/10
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 157
    FOP_fan17 wrote:
    ^But Fewmet makes good points, alfa9delta. I feel like my intelligence IS insulted when I watch this show because it's all stupid humor, hardly any of it is clever anymore. If people understood clever cartoon humor back in the 90's, they are perfectly capable of doing so today, especially when children are exposed to things nowadays that we weren't exposed to as kids. - I also agree with the voices. Cosmo's voice alone makes me keep my TV turned to a specific volume, and then sometimes I can't even hear what other characters are saying! His voice is WAY too high IMO, it's even higher than SpongeBob's! Even Wanda is too shrilly sometimes (and it's such a shame, because her character is still good!)

    - I think Cosmo and Wanda have gotten MARGINALLY better relationship-wise. There haven't been too many (if any) nag jokes, and there were a couple of times when they went on dates, and they have mentioned jealousy and loving each other.....but it's still not to the potential it could be. Quite frankly, I'm still angry that when Cosmo and Wanda were actually allowed to *gasp* HUG in the Christmas episode, Cosmo had cheeseburgers floating around his head. Like seeing mutual hearts with his wife would have been so terrible, right? Instead all of the focus went to Timmy and Tootie....yes, we've been rooting for them, but a mistletoe kiss is cliche and besides, there aren't legitimate problems with their relationship like there are with the fairies. Cosmo and Wanda are the ones that focus should have been on, and it was ruined. I DO see evidence of sexism in this show. Not nearly the worst cases I've ever seen, but they're still ridiculous. Fewmet has every reason to be angry about the current state of this show. What was once an original, charming, funny, interesting show is now filled with loud, unoriginal, misogynist "humor." Wanda never gets episodes anymore, Trixie, Vicky, and Tootie are practically off the radar in the cartoon....while sexism may not be intended, it certainly comes across that way. Sure, many male characters have been written off, too, but males get enough of episodes about them as it is. The main thing I want, as unrealistic as it is, is for the show to get its old flavor back. Use other characters, slow the pace, let characters branch out on their own, etc. It's too family-esque for me now. I like family stuff, don't get me wrong, but there's way too much of it on this show now. Heck, American Dad is about a family of seven and can still pull off using a wide range of material.
    ~

    I understand the whole disappointment with the current status of the show, I just was shocked by the way Fewmet referred to Hartman, even because he's not the only one involved with the making of the episodes.
    Anyway, I agree with you FOP Fan, kids can get clever humor, they like to be challenged. That's why cartoons like Phineas and Ferb and Gravity Falls has gotten so famous. And FOP hasn't been clever at all, appealing to nasty jokes and physical aggression to make laugh (you can see by the totally unnecessary scene with Poof and Foop fighting and throwing heavy objects on each other on the court, in "Timmy's Secret Wish", and this is only one of the examples).

    About the female characters, well I don't believe the lack of appearances of them recently has anything to do with sexism. For me it just shows how unqualified and lazy the new FOP writers are. Yeah, because, when you're writing for male characters you can hit the guy in the head with a piano as much times as you want, and no one will ever complain, but when you're writing for a female, you have some limits. It'll seems extremely rude if you injure a female the same way males are usually injured in a cartoon. When writing to females, it's required a much a more intelligent humor, that the new writers have no competence to do. And that's why Trixie, Vicky, and Tootie are practically off the radar in the cartoon, because write to male characters is much easier to the crew. It's a shame, but I can't think in any other reason.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of PookaMustard

    PookaMustard

    [11]Dec 13, 2012
    • member since: 11/10/12
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 96

    Lost my internet for two days, duh... and I felt angry like Vicky/Bowser would! Anyways... Back to alfa9's female character point... Deja vu?


    You can't ignore the fact that the glorious season 2 made this happen, Timmy beating up Vicky, and vice versa. Ditch vice versa and you got what I meant. You got a male character beating up an older female character. In fact, Deja Vu hated her so much... Vicky was seen twice covered in bandages before season 6 came in. She gets harmed as much as Timmy.



    Let's just... hope they break our expectations... I have that feeling that season 7 is the biggest and the largest trainwreck ever, so with more season 9 episodes, tell me you won't make an even larger trainwreck, now that you almost got the characterizations right in the first live action, Cosmo.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of LRifle

    LRifle

    [12]Dec 21, 2012
    • member since: 05/11/09
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 738

    I'm still on the fence on what to even think of the new season.


    Some reasons outlined here I agree with, mainly that the new writers are woefully incapable and have been for the past six or so years of the cartoon's life. They've shown no progression, and when left to make several big timeslot FOP specials with little to no Butch help, they produced stinker after stinker. I don't think a misogynist sexist conspiracy is the reason, the writers are simply incapable of writing any character beyond the two or three they've learned. When characters like Trixie and Vicky do spring up, they recite the most stock lines possible that you know whoever was writing them has only cursory knowledge of the character beforehand. With Cosmo and Wanda, they've improved to the point where they seem to make an effort at least once per movie to create a "special" moment between them, but the regressive moments happen because these moronic writers either forget what scenes each other create, or simply don't pay attention at all.


    I disagree that the Timmy and Tootie scenes should take a backseat to Cosmo and Wanda, because quite frankly everyone else has taken a backseat to the whole fairy family ever since Poof was born, and that is the single most glaring problem with the show right now, too much focus on the magic granters. That they are adding another one is only another major red flag that things aren't going to change. There really hasn't been a solid Timmy/Tootie moment since Birthday Wish, almost 8 years ago, and the live action movies don't feel the same. I think beyond all else, a good episode or two between them will restore some faith in this dying show so that it can at least pull a decent viewership in the finale, but there are other issues to be had too, and quite frankly I don't think the writing staff is going to change from the same bums that have been working on this show and TUFF Puppy for the past few years.


    The loss of Dave Thomas on the staff, even if you didn't like all his episodes (I found most of them "meh") also deprives us of some slight insight into the inner workings of the FOP staff, but it at least suggests they are cleaning house of all the Poof season failures.



    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of alfa9delta

    alfa9delta

    [13]Jan 6, 2013
    • member since: 07/04/10
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 157
    Hey, I found some videos from Nickelodeons promos for 2013, and there are some scenes of FOP on them. I need your help, 'cause I can't tell if they're from past episodes, or from the upcoming season. Take a look:

    This promo is from Nick Germany:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCi_xJhgVpo#t=0m21s

    This is from Nick UK:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bS5wqWmZOU#t=0m48s
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of cozmorocks12

    cozmorocks12

    [14]Jan 7, 2013
    • member since: 02/01/08
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,214

    alfa9delta wrote:
    Hey, I found some videos from Nickelodeons promos for 2013, and there are some scenes of FOP on them. I need your help, 'cause I can't tell if they're from past episodes, or from the upcoming season. Take a look: This promo is from Nick Germany: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCi_xJhgVpo#t=0m21s This is from Nick UK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bS5wqWmZOU#t=0m48s


    Oh man this brings back good memories. Reminds me of all that pausing during Fairly OddBaby's first commercials part of a similar what's upcoming in the new year back in '08.


    Back on topic however it seems like all the scenes are from season 6. specifically from Wishology and "For Emergencies Only". Good find though. Eventually something will show up, probably later in the year though.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of fewmet

    fewmet

    [15]Jan 11, 2013
    • member since: 08/20/05
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 1,887

    I disagree that the Timmy and Tootie scenes should take a backseat to Cosmo and Wanda, because quite frankly everyone else has taken a backseat to the whole fairy family ever since Poof was born, and that is the single most glaring problem with the show right now, too much focus on the magic granters



    Well, it IS called "The Fairly Oddparents". Not "The Timmy and Tootie Show", after all.



    I think among the many problems the show has, is that C & W haven't been focused on enough - they've been reduced to being mere props and (attempts at) punch lines, instead of as characters. And the scant times they ARE focused on, they're annoying and obnoxious. When have we had a new episode that's as good as "Truth or Cosmoquences" or "Apartnership"? We haven't. The new ones are all just stupid and noisy. I really do believe that if Nick wants to salvage the show - and its premise is good enough that perhaps it warrants saving - it needs to phase out Hartman and replace everyone on the show. It wouldn't be a first - Nick got rid of John Kricfalusi when he wanted to make his show "Ren and Stimpy" more gross and profane. IMO, Nick made a wise choice. Have you seen what John K. did with Ren and Stimpy once he got his hands back on them? Gaaakkk...unwatchable. John K.'s gone round the bend. And Hartman has lost his touch. Tuff Puppy is a flop. FOP is dying a slow death. Nick needs to grow a pair and do what's necessary. Otherwise the only vintage show it has that still has some audience will be Spongebob. And God knows, that show gets rerun enough! It's practically 24-hour Spongebob on Nick right now. Which amounts to a major FAIL.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of FOP_fan17

    FOP_fan17

    [16]Jan 13, 2013
    • member since: 02/12/08
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 5,081
    ^We actually got two episodes, in my opinion, that can be put in the same category as"Truth Or Cosmoquences" and "Apartnership!" They are "Mission: Responsible" and "Hair-i-cane!" However, those episodes were the first two to air during the Poof era, and it's been four years since that started. But it's those rare gems that occur about twice a season that still keep me tuning in.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of cozmorocks12

    cozmorocks12

    [17]Jan 14, 2013
    • member since: 02/01/08
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,214

    FOP_fan17 wrote:
    ^We actually got two episodes, in my opinion, that can be put in the same category as"Truth Or Cosmoquences" and "Apartnership!" They are "Mission: Responsible" and "Hair-i-cane!" However, those episodes were the first two to air during the Poof era, and it's been four years since that started. But it's those rare gems that occur about twice a season that still keep me tuning in.


    Maybe it's not the same category as the one you're talking, but personally I enjoyed gems like "Bad Heir Day", "Wishing Well", and "Planet Poof". Those episodes I would also consider gems. Interestingly two of those were written by Sullivan.

    Edited on 01/14/2013 7:09am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of bewitchedfan2k

    bewitchedfan2k

    [18]Jan 14, 2013
    • member since: 10/30/08
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 667

    cozmorocks12 wrote:


    FOP_fan17 wrote:
    ^We actually got two episodes, in my opinion, that can be put in the same category as"Truth Or Cosmoquences" and "Apartnership!" They are "Mission: Responsible" and "Hair-i-cane!" However, those episodes were the first two to air during the Poof era, and it's been four years since that started. But it's those rare gems that occur about twice a season that still keep me tuning in.


    Maybe it's not the same category as the one you're talking, but personally I enjoyed gems like "Bad Heir Day", "Wishing Well", and "Planet Poof". Those episodes I would also consider gems. Interestingly two of those were written by Sullivan.




    Seconded.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of FOP_fan17

    FOP_fan17

    [19]Jan 15, 2013
    • member since: 02/12/08
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 5,081
    ^I enjoyed all of those as well. Some other good ones are "Formula For Disaster," "Wishy Washy," "He Poofs, He Scores," and "Balance of Flour."
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of cozmorocks12

    cozmorocks12

    [20]Jan 22, 2013
    • member since: 02/01/08
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,214

    Lrifle posted this storyboard over at the Toonzone forums, and I thought it would be a good idea to repost here as well. Looks like the first storyboard of the new season coming from Facebook FOP page created by Hartman itself. (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fairly-Odd-Parents/572657036082155?ref=stream) Anyone willing to sacrifice their facebook accounts to see if their messages to that page actually get through to Butch? hahaha


    Anyways Timmy looks freaked out. Who knows why? and is someone behind him?


    Edited on 01/22/2013 5:54pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.