The Fairly OddParents Forums

Daily 7:00 AM on NickelodeonIn Season

Things you want to see in the 9th season

  • Avatar of FOP_fan17

    FOP_fan17

    [21]Jan 22, 2013
    • member since: 02/12/08
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 5,086
    In regards to this show, and the vagueness of the storyboard, how could one even begin to guess? Is this Facebook page new? I may have to check it out, but I won't try to contact Butch about anything.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of PookaMustard

    PookaMustard

    [22]Jan 23, 2013
    • member since: 11/10/12
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 96
    @FOP_Fan17, yes this FB page is new, since it started on Jan 9 if I'm not mistaken this year. We got as far as to concluding that there is somebody behind him, crossing their hands, they're wearing a suit, and Timmy is either in front of them or beside them. That's as far as we can get.

    There's a "goe" at the left, below the picture. It won't work. I hope he's not freaked out because the same villains (especially Vicky and most importantly Foop) are out to KILL HIM AGAIN! I didn't see that much out of Foop, but I saw his character exaggeration at the LOSERS episode... Kudos to the writers for ruining him in the timeframe of 6 episodes.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of cozmorocks12

    cozmorocks12

    [23]Jan 24, 2013
    • member since: 02/01/08
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,217

    Hartman posted Crocker's voice actor saying something as Crocker and as his mother. presumably from a new episode.


    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200337042018458&set=vb.572657036082155&type=2&theater

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of LRifle

    LRifle

    [24]Jan 24, 2013
    • member since: 05/11/09
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 739
    fewmet wrote:

    Well, it IS called "The Fairly Oddparents". Not "The Timmy and Tootie Show", after all.





    Maybe it should have been, considering what the extreme tunnel vision focus on the fairy family has done for us as an alternative. Cosmo and Wanda have really just been wisecracking magic props, its when they attempted to delve into a "deeper" personality for them that the show ran into problems, culminating with Poof and the seasons onward.

    Its good to see them having fun behind the scenes still as in that voiceover clip. Some people who criticize this show heavily should also consider that they really just do this for fun at this point, for better or worse, if you're still sitting by a decade later hoping they will turn over a new leaf then you're in for another massive let down, the warning signs are all there that this will be another season just like the last. Why should they change? Kids apparently still like what is being given to them, as the show still continues to be the primary Spongebob alternative on the network. A massive overhaul of the formula or structure of the show is out of the question, the best we have to hope for is that they at least mix up the character appearances beyond a Crocker/Cosmo/Poof Spamathon 2013. The staff WAS mixed up a bit with the departure of Dave Thomas, Gordon Hammond, a few other people who were, at best, not the problem.. but now they are bringing in inexperienced guys who could just as easily botch the show worse than the Poof crew did.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of YellowRaven2715

    YellowRaven2715

    [25]Jan 28, 2013
    • member since: 11/26/11
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 200
    I want to see Crocker die!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of PookaMustard

    PookaMustard

    [26]Jan 29, 2013
    • member since: 11/10/12
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 96
    Any mentions of leaked Remy, Norm and Chip artworks? Some wikia contributor said that and I'm pondering if its true.

    He says they were leaked from Facebook.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of cozmorocks12

    cozmorocks12

    [27]Jan 29, 2013
    • member since: 02/01/08
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,217

    PookaMustard wrote:
    Any mentions of leaked Remy, Norm and Chip artworks? Some wikia contributor said that and I'm pondering if its true. He says they were leaked from Facebook.


    Checked both the Facebook page and the Fairly OddBlog and there's nothing.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of cozmorocks12

    cozmorocks12

    [28]Feb 4, 2013
    • member since: 02/01/08
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,217

    Toonzone has a topic dedicated to news regarding FOP's news for season 9 and for some reason one of FOP's new storyboard artists stumbled on it. He had this to say:


    Jim Mortensen here. My friend linked me to this thread. A couple of things:


    1. Sparky's voice sounds nothing like Snaptrap's voice.


    2. Y'all make some interesting points about Timmy's like-ability. Duly noted.


    3. The crew is very passionate about this season. Butch included.


    Hope y'all enjoy season 9.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of FOP_fan17

    FOP_fan17

    [29]Feb 4, 2013
    • member since: 02/12/08
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 5,086
    1. I am not concerned about what Sparky sounds like. I have no doubt that Matt Taylor will do an excellent job of voicing him. Whether I like him or not will be entirely based on what he brings to the show, and since he will undoubtedly take more attention away from things that badly NEED attention, I do not feel positive about this.

    2. What was everyone saying about Timmy's likeability? If they are going to make note of what everyone has to say, they better make an effort to change it if the show gets another season after this. Considering that the fans have been loud and clear about what they don't like for YEARS now, I don't think anyone else on the staff cares enough to change much of anything.

    3. I really have to wonder what he means by passionate, because nothing on this show has consistently looked passionate for a long time.

    Jim is a new guy so I'll cut him some slack. I wonder if he THINKS the crew cares about the show since they should, and I wonder if he will realize later on that the staff does the total OPPOSITE of what the fans have been asking for.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stephdumas

    stephdumas

    [30]Feb 4, 2013
    • member since: 07/15/07
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 1,027

    FOP_fan17 wrote:
    Jim is a new guy so I'll cut him some slack. I wonder if he THINKS the crew cares about the show since they should, and I wonder if he will realize later on that the staff does the total OPPOSITE of what the fans have been asking for.


    Looks like we have to wait and see.


    I doubt then we might see Tad and Chad getting some little payback time like a pie in the face or having green slime dumped on them. Looks like we might see the Cubs winning the World Series before that happens, lol.Laughing

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of fewmet

    fewmet

    [31]Feb 4, 2013
    • member since: 08/20/05
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 1,889

    cozmorocks12 wrote:


    Toonzone has a topic dedicated to news regarding FOP's news for season 9 and for some reason one of FOP's new storyboard artists stumbled on it. He had this to say:


    Jim Mortensen here. My friend linked me to this thread. A couple of things:


    1. Sparky's voice sounds nothing like Snaptrap's voice.


    2. Y'all make some interesting points about Timmy's like-ability. Duly noted.



    I went to Toon Zone and read through the whole discussion, and Cosmo's crappy behavior was bashed too. So was THAT "duly noted"? If not, we can hope for no improvement for this show.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of cozmorocks12

    cozmorocks12

    [32]Feb 7, 2013
    • member since: 02/01/08
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,217

    fewmet wrote:


    cozmorocks12 wrote:


    Toonzone has a topic dedicated to news regarding FOP's news for season 9 and for some reason one of FOP's new storyboard artists stumbled on it. He had this to say:


    Jim Mortensen here. My friend linked me to this thread. A couple of things:


    1. Sparky's voice sounds nothing like Snaptrap's voice.


    2. Y'all make some interesting points about Timmy's like-ability. Duly noted.



    I went to Toon Zone and read through the whole discussion, and Cosmo's crappy behavior was bashed too. So was THAT "duly noted"? If not, we can hope for no improvement for this show.




    Mortenson popped in again, here's his next response. What follows is a quote from comments made Lrifle, then his response afterwards. More false hope from the staff? [I added bold for emphasis]


    I must say I'm surprised anyone in the FOP staff would even show up here since this board is usually somewhat hostile toward the way the show has been going for the past 6-7 years or so.




    My favorite podcast is called Hypercritical. It's working thesis is "We complain most about the things we love." So that's where I personally am coming from. When the episodes come out, we'll see how y'all like them. They should speak for themselves.


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of fewmet

    fewmet

    [33]Feb 7, 2013
    • member since: 08/20/05
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 1,889

    cozmorocks12 wrote:


    fewmet wrote:


    cozmorocks12 wrote:


    Toonzone has a topic dedicated to news regarding FOP's news for season 9 and for some reason one of FOP's new storyboard artists stumbled on it. He had this to say:


    Jim Mortensen here. My friend linked me to this thread. A couple of things:


    1. Sparky's voice sounds nothing like Snaptrap's voice.


    2. Y'all make some interesting points about Timmy's like-ability. Duly noted.



    I went to Toon Zone and read through the whole discussion, and Cosmo's crappy behavior was bashed too. So was THAT "duly noted"? If not, we can hope for no improvement for this show.




    Mortenson popped in again, here's his next response. What follows is a quote from comments made Lrifle, then his response afterwards. More false hope from the staff? [I added bold for emphasis]


    I must say I'm surprised anyone in the FOP staff would even show up here since this board is usually somewhat hostile toward the way the show has been going for the past 6-7 years or so.




    My favorite podcast is called Hypercritical. It's working thesis is "We complain most about the things we love." So that's where I personally am coming from. When the episodes come out, we'll see how y'all like them. They should speak for themselves.




    Thanks, Cozmorocks. Yeah, we'll see. Not getting my hopes up. And LRifle, if you're reading this, thanks for mentioning fans' discontent with Cosmo in your remarks at Toon Zone. I appreciate your getting the word out, even though you're more concerned with Timmy and Tootie.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of cozmorocks12

    cozmorocks12

    [34]Feb 8, 2013
    • member since: 02/01/08
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,217

    fewmet wrote:


    cozmorocks12 wrote:


    fewmet wrote:


    cozmorocks12 wrote:


    Toonzone has a topic dedicated to news regarding FOP's news for season 9 and for some reason one of FOP's new storyboard artists stumbled on it. He had this to say:


    Jim Mortensen here. My friend linked me to this thread. A couple of things:


    1. Sparky's voice sounds nothing like Snaptrap's voice.


    2. Y'all make some interesting points about Timmy's like-ability. Duly noted.



    I went to Toon Zone and read through the whole discussion, and Cosmo's crappy behavior was bashed too. So was THAT "duly noted"? If not, we can hope for no improvement for this show.




    Mortenson popped in again, here's his next response. What follows is a quote from comments made Lrifle, then his response afterwards. More false hope from the staff? [I added bold for emphasis]


    I must say I'm surprised anyone in the FOP staff would even show up here since this board is usually somewhat hostile toward the way the show has been going for the past 6-7 years or so.




    My favorite podcast is called Hypercritical. It's working thesis is "We complain most about the things we love." So that's where I personally am coming from. When the episodes come out, we'll see how y'all like them. They should speak for themselves.




    Thanks, Cozmorocks. Yeah, we'll see. Not getting my hopes up. And LRifle, if you're reading this, thanks for mentioning fans' discontent with Cosmo in your remarks at Toon Zone. I appreciate your getting the word out, even though you're more concerned with Timmy and Tootie.



    Yeah but still it's quite interesting how he almost seems forceful in his comment about "they should speak for themselves".

    Edited on 02/08/2013 8:34am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of PookaMustard

    PookaMustard

    [35]Feb 8, 2013
    • member since: 11/10/12
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 96
    Well at least he didn't try to go into extreme details about how the season will go! "They should speak for themselves" mean that only these episodes will talk about themselves and whether they'll be likable or not!

    After all, we never lost hope and never will!
    (New episodes come out)
    UGH!! All my hope is lost!!

    No, seriously man, I hope this guy is actually saying the truth, and is not lying for the heck of it. Now he realizes what did we, or us, complained about. We'll see soon enough.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of LRifle

    LRifle

    [36]Feb 11, 2013
    • member since: 05/11/09
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 739

    Well, you guys were alerted to the Mortensen thing before I remembered to even come here and tell you. I was quite shocked he showed up, I've never actually seen a FOP staff member bold enough to challenge the complaints of the show directly on the forum they were happening. That being said, his wording was quite vague and what we've seen before, "Just watch, we won't tell you anything about it, but it will be good!" and granted, its probably Butch or someone in Nick PR who has a short leash on these potential info leakers, but in spite of his politeness I remain mostly unconvinced. I tried to give him as broad a range of fans complaints as I've heard from over the years, mainly with the mishandling of characters like Cosmo, Vicky, Crocker, Trixie, along with most of all Timmy. (Yes, I mentioned Tootie too as it was pointed out, but mainly how Kevin Sullivan made her into his personal punching bag in each of his episodes... so help me, I have a lot more to say on her behalf, but there are admittedly more important fish to fry) .



    Still, I'm actually happy someone who may be as open to us as Dave Thomas has come in to fill his shoes. There are other FOP staff blogs too, but they aren't nearly as open or active, in fact some haven't been updated in years. Frederator.com itself rarely posts anything other than Adventure Time related stuff. The FOP facebook page is nice, but updates have been quite few and far between. We've got a Nick Upfront coming Feb 26, and that leaves open the possibility for more FOP news, although don't hold your breath since they haven't even done anything from the last Upfront save for Fairly Odd Christmas. At best, we'll get a hint on when we can expect the new season to even begin, at worst... more live action, Poof spin off, or any of the usual nightmare scenarios.

    Edited on 02/11/2013 9:23pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of cozmorocks12

    cozmorocks12

    [37]Feb 13, 2013
    • member since: 02/01/08
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,217

    So FOP is one of the nominees for favorite cartoon for the 2013 KCAs. Perhaps this is a clue that we'll be seeing new episodes with the next month or so?

    Edited on 02/13/2013 10:01am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of skyshaymin4ever

    skyshaymin4ever

    [38]Feb 19, 2013
    • member since: 11/28/09
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 240

    fewmet wrote:


    1. The current FOP crew replaced with talented people who respect kids' feelings and intelligence.


    i agree with that


    2. The voices of Cosmo and Wanda toned down, deepened, and adjusted so that they regain the likability they once had in the earlier seasons.


    the voice is fine hell they should just make cosmo 20% cooler


    3. Wanda's and Cosmo's relationship repaired. Maybe if those two were more lovable, Nick could manage to actually sell some merchandise with their likenesses on it. (Hear that, Butch? I know your primary motive is money. Surely this idea appeals to you?)


    um actually they do have FOP merchandise it's sold with nicktoons related stuff.


    4. Humanize Vicky.


    how bout they give vicky depth while their at it (i'd like to see more of her childhood expanded upon)


    5. Turn down the volume and slow down the pacing. Of course, this would also mean improving the writing, since the noise and speed could no longer be used to deflect attention from the truly atrocious scripts that have been used for this series since the fourth/fifth seasons. ahem not all season 4 episodes were bad



    None of the above will ever happen, because Butch is a smug egotist who believes that His Lord has made all his success possible. And that women are inferior. An extreme view on my part, to be sure, but I've never seen anything in his actions or in his creations to suggest that the truth is otherwise.


    it could happen you never know


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of fewmet

    fewmet

    [39]Feb 21, 2013
    • member since: 08/20/05
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 1,889

    um actually they do have FOP merchandise it's sold with nicktoons related stuff.



    Yes, but for a show that's supposed to be second in popularity with Spongebob, FOP has very little merchandising product out there. And why? Because it doesn't sell. I remember reading an article where the lady in charge of programming at Nick admitted that FOP merch doesn't do very well. And I think it's because the characters aren't very likable anymore.


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of luiz4200

    luiz4200

    [40]Feb 22, 2013
    • member since: 06/18/05
    • level: 38
    • rank: Squarepants
    • posts: 2,943
    The fairy dog laughing like Muttley.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.