The Fairly OddParents Forums

Daily 7:00 AM on NickelodeonIn Season

Timmy's getting a fairy dog

PIGGYDOOM

[21]Jan 28, 2013
    • level: 8

In the Episode "Nectar of the Odds", the was already a dog named sparky, after a kid drank lemonade, he wished his dog sparky was there since he loves lemonade, and he came. I saw pictures of Timmy's fairy dog and he doesn't look like the one in the episode "Nectar of the Odds".

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

YellowRaven2715

[22]Jan 30, 2013
    • level: 6
    PIGGYDOOM wrote:

In the Episode "Nectar of the Odds", the was already a dog named sparky, after a kid drank lemonade, he wished his dog sparky was there since he loves lemonade, and he came. I saw pictures of Timmy's fairy dog and he doesn't look like the one in the episode "Nectar of the Odds".

So, the fairy dog is a rip-off of the episode "Nectar of the Odds"!

FOP_fan17

[23]Jan 31, 2013
    • level: 22
    ^Not necessarily. The names are most likely a coincidence. Considering how the current writers have preserved practically NONE of the series' old flavor, and that "Nectar of the Odds" was made during FOP's Golden Era, I would say this is a coincidence. If it was a rip-off, it wouldn't matter. It's not like the dog has copyrights from another show.

YellowRaven2715

[24]Feb 1, 2013
    FOP_fan17 wrote:
    ^Not necessarily. The names are most likely a coincidence. Considering how the current writers have preserved practically NONE of the series' old flavor, and that "Nectar of the Odds" was made during FOP's Golden Era, I would say this is a coincidence. If it was a rip-off, it wouldn't matter. It's not like the dog has copyrights from another show.

I don't like coincidences!

luiz4200

[25]Feb 1, 2013
    • level: 38
    Will the fairy dog get along with Doidle and/or Dinkledog? By the way, do the Dinklebergs still have Dinkledog?

alfa9delta

[26]Feb 1, 2013
    Yes they do. Their dog is shown in Operation Dinkleberg (Season 7 finale)

That_TV_Dude

[27]Feb 3, 2013
    • level: 24

This is such a stupid and pointless idea. Poof already ruined the show as it is. What makes the creators think that adding in some dog is going to make this show any better? They should've just canned it already and put the show to rest.

PIGGYDOOM

[28]Feb 10, 2013

C'mon I don't think the Dog will be that bad.

fewmet

[29]Feb 10, 2013
    • level: 12

PIGGYDOOM wrote:

The only way that dog would be useful is if he bit Cosmo every time that jerk is mean to Wanda. That'd make ME laugh, and that'd be the first time I laughed at anything in FOP in years.

Edited on 02/10/2013 8:30pm

alfa9delta

[30]Feb 10, 2013
    fewmet wrote:

PIGGYDOOM wrote:

The only way that dog would be useful is if he bit Cosmo every time that jerk is mean to Wanda. That'd make ME laugh, and that'd be the first time I laughed at anything in FOP in years.

FOP hasn't been a really great show since it's come-back in 2008, but it did had some funny moments. I think the biggest problem in the show now is the character development, and not the comical side.

luiz4200

[31]Feb 11, 2013

fewmet wrote:

PIGGYDOOM wrote:

What if the dog bit Wanda every time she nagged?

PIGGYDOOM

[32]Feb 11, 2013

luiz4200 wrote:

fewmet wrote:

PIGGYDOOM wrote:

Wow these are great ideas guys, this dog is actually not a bad idea at all. The only problem is plots will be focused on Sparky (The Dog's name) rather than Timmy. Well I may be wrong but we still haven't gotten to the episode where Poof gets his 1st wand, an actual wand.

Edited on 02/11/2013 6:06am
    Edited 2 total times.

PookaMustard

[33]Feb 11, 2013
    • level: 5
    Or we could pit the dog with Doidle, and give Doidle some love by making him RETURN. We can also explain how Vicky is trying to destroy Timmy with that Sparky vs. Doidle part. We can put him against Foop. The possibilities can be explored, but not with dem writers.

However a dog is going to have less episode ideas than a baby that sorts of understands.

Poof might not get a wand. In the live action, Poof still works with his rattle. It might be canonical, might be not.

FOP_fan17

[34]Feb 11, 2013

PIGGYDOOM wrote:

luiz4200 wrote:

fewmet wrote:

PIGGYDOOM wrote:

Wow these are great ideas guys, this dog is actually not a bad idea at all. The only problem is plots will be focused on Sparky (The Dog's name) rather than Timmy. Well I may be wrong but we still haven't gotten to the episode where Poof gets his 1st wand, an actual wand.

I HOPE luiz4200 and PIGGYDOOM are kidding.Wanda being the voice of reason and constantly reiterating the rules isNOT the same thing as being a "nag". Wanda has to be the voice of reason and look after everything because if she didn't, idiot Cosmo would have ruined both of their careers a loooong time ago. Her husband acts like a child, her godchild is a spoiled brat, and her son is too young to do anything to help her. Wanda has no choice but to be a "nag," as you put it, because things are bad enough already with her keeping things in check. If she let things go, that family would be doomed for sure. If Sparky has such a role in being rude to Wanda in any way that he isn't to anyone else, I might just pull my viewership from this show and leave a nasty comment on the FOP Facebook page, make no mistake about that. Wanda is really the only reason I watch this show anymore, even though she rarely gets any character focus.

LRifle

[35]Feb 11, 2013
    • level: 10

I don't see it working. Poof was enough, Foop was a bit much, and now you've got another character that is guaranteed at least a fourth of the new season's episodes in order to break them in.

The only way it could work, literally the only way, is if its a one episode "parody of Scrappy Doo" thing and he gets sent to his home planet (and dies on the way there) at the end. Or, better yet, they can give a magic granter to a certain sad little girl who fans have been begging to get one since before even I discovered this show.

alfa9delta

[36]Feb 11, 2013

LRifle wrote:

The only way it could work, literally the only way, is if its a one episode "parody of Scrappy Doo" thing and he gets sent to his home planet (and dies on the way there) at the end. Or, better yet, they can give a magic granter to a certain sad little girl who fans have been begging to get one since before even I discovered this show.

That would be the best, but in that interview Butch gave on Comic Con last year, he said something like "episode introducing the character" (suggesting he'll be a cast member) , and he also suggested the dog will be Timmy's pet.

Too bad, he being a kind of GodParent (or GodPet?) to Tootie would turn out as good plot twist.

Edited on 02/11/2013 10:02pm

fewmet

[37]Feb 12, 2013
    • level: 12

luiz4200 wrote:

fewmet wrote:

PIGGYDOOM wrote:

Wanda doesn't nag. She just doesn't know that a woman is supposed to clean up her man's mess and keep her mouth shut.

FOP_fan17

[38]Feb 13, 2013
    ^Oh, that sarcasm made my day!

skyshaymin4ever

[39]Feb 19, 2013
    • level: 5

LRifle wrote:

I don't see it working. Poof was enough, Foop was a bit much, and now you've got another character that is guaranteed at least a fourth of the new season's episodes in order to break them in.

i like the idea of tootie getting her own fairybut it would be a fairypet not a real godparent

luiz4200

[40]Feb 20, 2013
    Do fairy dogs grant wishes? Would Crocker get a job as a dog catcher to capture fairy dogs?