Timmy's Secret Wish / When Losers Attack / Meet the Oddparents

cozmorocks12

[81]Nov 10, 2011
    • level: 14

luiz4200 wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:

Well. I think it Could actually pass, i mean:

***SPOILER***

It's called Fairy-Versary. And what's the point of that Fairy-Versary muffin at Wishology, now that we're talking about it?

It was a stupid "cameo" of sorts. Something that keeps plaguing this show. I'm honestly underwhelmed and disappointed this is how the series is going to end.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bewitchedfan2k

[82]Nov 10, 2011
    • level: 12

Another cartoon series that will just slide out and finish and not be given a good proper ending. I still think the end of Channel Chasers would have made a very good final ending scene for the last episode of the series. The show shouldn't have ended at the point but that scene works for me and should have been kept back and used at the end of the final ever episode.

edmasterchaos

[83]Nov 10, 2011
    • level: 41

luiz4200 wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:

***SPOILER***

It's called Fairy-Versary. And what's the point of that Fairy-Versary muffin at Wishology, now that we're talking about it?
    Hmmm, i will answer your question with another question: What's the point of Wishology?

luiz4200

[84]Nov 11, 2011
    • level: 38
    edmasterchaos wrote:

luiz4200 wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:

***SPOILER***

Hmmm, i will answer your question with another question: What's the point of Wishology?

They just wanted another long story.

bewitchedfan2k wrote:

Another cartoon series that will just slide out and finish and not be given a good proper ending. I still think the end of Channel Chasers would have made a very good final ending scene for the last episode of the series. The show shouldn't have ended at the point but that scene works for me and should have been kept back and used at the end of the final ever episode.

I'd have Timmy not making his parents forget about Vicky being evil. THAT would make Channel Chasers being the perfect ending for the series. For as long as one disregards "Vicky Gets Fired" and "Crocker Shocker".

gideonbernstein

[85]Nov 11, 2011
    • level: 43

They announced that "Timmy's Secret Wish" will be shown during the Thanksgiving weekend."

FOP_fan17

[86]Nov 12, 2011
    • level: 22
    ^At least I can watch it then! I hope.....

gideonbernstein

[87]Nov 17, 2011
    • level: 43
    They announed that Timmy's Secret Wish will be shown Wednesday.

FOP_fan17

[88]Nov 17, 2011
    • level: 22
    ^Great! I can tune in then. What time?

LRifle

[89]Nov 18, 2011
    • level: 10

Timmy's Secret Wish will air on Thanksgiving week, November 23rd at 8:00PM Eastern

doguineta

[90]Nov 26, 2011
    • level: 20
    LRifle wrote:

Timmy's Secret Wish will air on Thanksgiving week, November 23rd at 8:00PM Eastern

Download link in great quality - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BTEW48BI

No need to thank me (although, as 95% of the posters here don't like current FOP very much, probably no one will thank me...)

alfa9delta

[91]Nov 26, 2011
    • level: 6
    doguineta wrote:
    LRifle wrote:

Download link in great quality - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BTEW48BI

No need to thank me (although, as 95% of the posters here don't like current FOP very much, probably no one will thank me...)

I was looking for that, thank you!

bewitchedfan2k

[92]Nov 27, 2011
    • level: 12

doguineta wrote:
    LRifle wrote:

Download link in great quality - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BTEW48BI No need to thank me (although, as 95% of the posters here don't like current FOP very much, probably no one will thank me...)

Overseas (england) Could be up to a year before it shown here so thanking you VERY much

alexspotsme

[93]Nov 27, 2011
    • level: 15

The movie wasn't too bad, and enjoyable. Also stunned about the secret wish Timmy made. Can't really say anything new that others have said.

The running gags (The Russian Circus Bear, Timmy's Cheer Group, Jorgen getting things wrong, Father Time's yelling out words, etc.) were all funny as well. The show hasnt lost a lot of lust, and it's going strong. I just wish a lot of attention hasn't gone into TUFF Puppy. it's an okay show, but I'm not ready to move on to that show. Since Ive been growing up with FOP since the original Oh Yeah! Cartoons shorts.

And with this, only one more special to air; Meet the Oddparents, and who knows when that'll be. Also don't forget, an episode from Season 7 (Farm Pit) has yet to air in the USA. Hope that does so soon. That way I can move on.

Also, butch did say that a second live action movie is plausible. He confirmed that on Twitter a couple months ago. I wouldnt mind that either. A release in 2012 or 2013 could be nice.

LRifle

[94]Nov 27, 2011

I don't think FOP is going to end at Meet the OddParents. For one, when FOP was cancelled the first time, Hartman made a long forum post about it. Also, those who follow the ratings know that Nick has been struggling lately, and for them to cancel FOP now when there are other programs doing way worse seems like a risky business decision.

Timmy's Secret Wish showed some promise, and while the plot itself was yet another risky gag, it at times showed periods of intensity, urgency, and successfully gave off the impression that Timmy had really messed up badly this time. If a little more effort had been put into this special, the same time and resources that had been wasted on Wishology for instance, this could have been a special of equal or greater impact as Channel Chasers.

alfa9delta

[95]Nov 27, 2011
    • level: 6
    LRifle wrote:

I don't think FOP is going to end at Meet the OddParents. For one, when FOP was cancelled the first time, Hartman made a long forum post about it. Also, those who follow the ratings know that Nick has been struggling lately, and for them to cancel FOP now when there are other programs doing way worse seems like a risky business decision.

Timmy's Secret Wish showed some promise, and while the plot itself was yet another risky gag, it at times showed periods of intensity, urgency, and successfully gave off the impression that Timmy had really messed up badly this time. If a little more effort had been put into this special, the same time and resources that had been wasted on Wishology for instance, this could have been a special of equal or greater impact as Channel Chasers.

I agree with all this.
    I think that finding out that Timmy made a wish 50 years ago to everyone stop aging is an extremely good idea to a special, and a way to answer some questions, like, why is Timmy still 10 years old during two different year's Christmas.
    But I see that the currently staff, beside having good ideas, they aren't being able to develop them really well. I thought the beggining of the second half of the episode was boring, but in the end, the ideia of Timmy sacrificing himself to save his fairies was actually good.
    Well, all can I say is that I don't think Nick is cancelling FOP really soon. But, after all, I'm starting to think that maybe a cancellation would be better than long periods of hiatus and bad episodes made by a bad staff.
    When cancelled, I hope Butch himself write the final episode, 'cause the show is on for over ten years, with a large fan base and deserves a worthy ending.

alexspotsme

[96]Nov 27, 2011
    • level: 15
    I agree with both of you on every level of issue. Now that I think about it, it does make sense that ending FOP here and now will be a risky move because of the struggling performances with other Nicktoons. We can't always rely on SpongeBob SquarePants (the only other Nicktoon connected to other old cartoons in the late 90s).

the movie really brought some good sense into the question "why is Timmy still 10 years old? And from the matter of numerous events like Christmas AND his birthdays." Like recently, Birthday Bash! was a recent episode to bring me to that question.

I also feel like this part of the series is making Timmy worry so much about losing his fairies when he grows up. Well, from the live action movie, in the end, he got to keep his fairies, start a relationship with Tootie and still have magic to help others. (which I found to be a great way to conclude this part of the show)

What I want the current staff to do is focus on more short episodes, 2 per 30 mminute episodes. Inside these episodes, is to make fun and exciting trivial plots like the gang has always got into.

Besides, we know Timmy is going to have his godparents for a long LONG time. Quote by Jorgen in "Birthday Bash!". Let's just chill and have trivial events again. Plus, I want to see returns of rarely seen enemies (like Miss Doombringer).

cozmorocks12

[97]Nov 27, 2011

LRifle wrote:

Butch probably won't say anything about FOP ending. Look at his forums, it's been practically dead for ages from fans and even Hartman himself. Nick has most likely moved on from FOP. Besides they have TUFF Puppy running and I'm sure Nick doesn't want to pay the same people twice. That's a riskier business decision, especially since TUFF Puppy and FOP haven't been doing THAT hot lately.

We'll never get anything close to Wishology since Scott Fellows has long left the show for Big Time Rush. We'll only continue to have moremediocre specials like Timmy's Secret Wish since Kevin Sullivan, Will Scifrin, and Ray Delaurentis are not going anywhere. And especially nothing like Channel Chasers. Steve Marmel doesn't even talk to Hartman anymore. Scott Fellows at the very least does.

cozmorocks12

[98]Nov 27, 2011

alexspotsme wrote:
    What I want the current staff to do is focus on more short episodes, 2 per 30 mminute episodes. Inside these episodes, is to make fun and exciting trivial plots like the gang has always got into. Plus, I want to see returns of rarely seen enemies (like Miss Doombringer).

Not to pop your bubble but we have been getting those 11 minute episodes all Season 7. BUT take a look at what characters have appeared. Just the usual Crocker, Dark Laser, Dad and Cosmo. We haven't been getting anything else besides them practically every episode, and I can guarantee we'll never see Miss Doombringer again. She appeared in the last episode before the cancellation then renewal and 3 YEARS LATER we have yet to see her again.

stephdumas

[99]Nov 27, 2011

cozmorocks12 wrote:

Not to pop your bubble but we have been getting those 11 minute episodes all Season 7. BUT take a look at what characters have appeared. Just the usual Crocker, Dark Laser, Dad and Cosmo. We haven't been getting anything else besides them practically every episode, and I can guarantee we'll never see Miss Doombringer again. She appeared in the last episode before the cancellation then renewal and 3 YEARS LATER we have yet to see her again.

Yeah, a potential character lost and we could also throw in the mix Remy Buxenplenty who didn't made a cameo appearance either since.

cozmorocks12

[100]Nov 27, 2011

cozmorocks12 wrote:

alexspotsme wrote:
    What I want the current staff to do is focus on more short episodes, 2 per 30 mminute episodes. Inside these episodes, is to make fun and exciting trivial plots like the gang has always got into. Plus, I want to see returns of rarely seen enemies (like Miss Doombringer).

Miss Doombringer was even Sullivan's own creation too. So really there's no excuse.