The Fairly OddParents Forums

Daily 7:00 AM on NickelodeonIn Season

Timmy's Secret Wish / When Losers Attack / Meet the Oddparents

  • Avatar of LRifle

    LRifle

    [121]Nov 29, 2011
    • member since: 05/11/09
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 739

    As a final note, as I mentioned FOP rarely airs on Nickelodeon proper anymore. However, it has been a staple program on Nicktoons, and its marathons are usually met with ratings praise, as well as handily beating Disney XD constantly.


    It's the main Nick shows (Spongeblob, Dan Schneider's stuff, cartoon duds like Planet Sheen) that are more to blame for Nick's recent struggles, considering they are the ones actually being aired on Nick proper constantly.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of fewmet

    fewmet

    [122]Nov 29, 2011
    • member since: 08/20/05
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 1,887

    LRifle wrote:


    As a final note, as I mentioned FOP rarely airs on Nickelodeon proper anymore. However, it has been a staple program on Nicktoons, and its marathons are usually met with ratings praise, as well as handily beating Disney XD constantly.


    It's the main Nick shows (Spongeblob, Dan Schneider's stuff, cartoon duds like Planet Sheen) that are more to blame for Nick's recent struggles, considering they are the ones actually being aired on Nick proper constantly.




    Yeah, well, at least Spongebob still usually makes the top 25 Nielsen chart, while FOP rarely does:http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/11/29/cable-top-25-nfl-football-the-walking-dead-top-weekly-cable-viewing-for-the-week-ending-nov-27-2011/112169/


    Here's why I still retain some lingering interest in FOP: I'm curious as to just how low the show has to score, just how bad things have to get, before it sinks into Butch Hartman's cinder block of a skull that changes have to be made. And if that happens, I'm curious as to what changes he thinks are needed, and if he chooses the right ones, and if, in implementing them, he somehow manages not to screw them up.


    I'm just curious...

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of edmasterchaos

    edmasterchaos

    [123]Nov 30, 2011
    • member since: 03/07/06
    • level: 41
    • rank: Sleestack
    • posts: 24,440
    fewmet wrote:

    LRifle wrote:


    As a final note, as I mentioned FOP rarely airs on Nickelodeon proper anymore. However, it has been a staple program on Nicktoons, and its marathons are usually met with ratings praise, as well as handily beating Disney XD constantly.


    It's the main Nick shows (Spongeblob, Dan Schneider's stuff, cartoon duds like Planet Sheen) that are more to blame for Nick's recent struggles, considering they are the ones actually being aired on Nick proper constantly.




    Yeah, well, at least Spongebob still usually makes the top 25 Nielsen chart, while FOP rarely does:http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/11/29/cable-top-25-nfl-football-the-walking-dead-top-weekly-cable-viewing-for-the-week-ending-nov-27-2011/112169/


    Here's why I still retain some lingering interest in FOP: I'm curious as to just how low the show has to score, just how bad things have to get, before it sinks into Butch Hartman's cinder block of a skull that changes have to be made. And if that happens, I'm curious as to what changes he thinks are needed, and if he chooses the right ones, and if, in implementing them, he somehow manages not to screw them up.


    I'm just curious...

    I feel the same way about Naruto but i don't hang around people saying "God, this show sucks!" *shrug* if you hate it, why tell the three/four people here at any chance?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of cozmorocks12

    cozmorocks12

    [124]Nov 30, 2011
    • member since: 02/01/08
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,214

    FOP has just been such a central element of my childhood. Who doesn't want to have every wish granted? Unfortunately that means I'm going to stay and I still will watch any crud they throw at us.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of cozmorocks12

    cozmorocks12

    [125]Nov 30, 2011
    • member since: 02/01/08
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,214

    BTW I asked what Nick thought of Timmy's Secret Wish's performance, and he said, "Wow, Cosmorocks, you get your ratings before we do. Where did you get that number?" Wonder why Nick wouldn't have told the staff anything?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of alfa9delta

    alfa9delta

    [126]Nov 30, 2011
    • member since: 07/04/10
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 157

    LRifle wrote:


    cozmorocks12 wrote:


    FOP_fan17 wrote:
    It's been over two years now.....not sure how I feel about FOP getting renewed. Then againg, while I agree that ratings matter, Nick might see FOP no differently than any of the other struggling shows. If they decide not to keep it, I'll remember what I liked about it. If they bring it back, I'll tune in and stay here to read the discussion games begin. But honestly, if they DO bring it back....what's going to change? Nothing. It'll be the same old, same old that it's been since Fairly Odd Baby premiered. No reason to get excited or disappointed about it.


    That's what I'm trying to say. The same ol' writers are going to stay. Why bother anymore? It's clear the staff itself is tired. FOP should end now then dragging it further to oblivion.



    Yeah, I don't exactly disagree with what you're saying, but the FOP staff has been changed around before.


    I still want to see Timmy and friends go on adventures. Most of you complainers aren't even watching the show anymore, so why does it bug you so much whether FOP gets revived or not? If enough of you stop watching, then FOP will dip into 2.2 mil Bucket and Skinner numbers, THEN I'll join you in shoveling dirt on the casket.


    I don't know,I think I agree with you. I love FOP since I was 8, but I prefer to see my favorite cartoon being cancelled to watch another poor season, with bad written episodes. But, again I say, if FOP is going to end, I wanna the series finale to be an one-hour (maybe one and a half hour) special, written by Butch Hartman himself.


    One of the things that I've hated on FOP in this recent seasons is all the appeal to physical aggression in an attempt to be funny. I mean, the whole scene of Foop poofing destructive objects to try to hurt Poof, and then hurting himself instead, during the trial, it was TOTALLY UNNECESSARY! Who told the staff writers that someone getting hurt is funny? IT ISN'T!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of LRifle

    LRifle

    [127]Nov 30, 2011
    • member since: 05/11/09
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 739
    fewmet wrote:

    Yeah, well, at least Spongebob still usually makes the top 25 Nielsen chart, while FOP rarely does:http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/11/29/cable-top-25-nfl-football-the-walking-dead-top-weekly-cable-viewing-for-the-week-ending-nov-27-2011/112169/


    Here's why I still retain some lingering interest in FOP: I'm curious as to just how low the show has to score, just how bad things have to get, before it sinks into Butch Hartman's cinder block of a skull that changes have to be made. And if that happens, I'm curious as to what changes he thinks are needed, and if he chooses the right ones, and if, in implementing them, he somehow manages not to screw them up.


    I'm just curious...



    You didn't even respond to any of the points I made. You just made another tired comparison to Spongebob, and everyone here already knows nobody will ever beat Spongebob.

    I know the past few seasons have been poor, but there HAVE been some stand out episodes. Even the recent Timmy's Secret Wish showed potential.

    As they have two new seasons of TUFF Puppy to work on, it could be months, maybe YEARS before we hear any FOP news. The point is though, there is little point to kill off a show that is still one of Nick's major draws, especially internationally.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of alfa9delta

    alfa9delta

    [128]Nov 30, 2011
    • member since: 07/04/10
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 157
    LRifle wrote:

    As they have two new seasons of TUFF Puppy to work on, it could be months, maybe YEARS before we hear any FOP news. The point is though, there is little point to kill off a show that is still one of Nick's major draws, especially internationally.


    You're right. Here in Latin America FOP is one of the shows with higher ratings
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of fewmet

    fewmet

    [129]Dec 1, 2011
    • member since: 08/20/05
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 1,887

    Huh. I've been watching the more recent episodes of "Naruto: Shippuden", and I don't see anything wrong with it. Naruto seems the same as he's always been - loudmothed but goodhearted. What's the problem?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stephdumas

    stephdumas

    [130]Dec 1, 2011
    • member since: 07/15/07
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 1,024

    fewmet wrote:


    Huh. I've been watching the more recent episodes of "Naruto: Shippuden", and I don't see anything wrong with it. Naruto seems the same as he's always been - loudmothed but goodhearted. What's the problem?



    From what I read on other forums, one of the problems is the "filler arc" with lots of filler episodes between 2 main plotlines but "Naruto Shuppiden" isn't the only one who have it, others like One Piece, DBZ,etc, have them too.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of FairyFan13

    FairyFan13

    [131]Dec 1, 2011
    • member since: 12/19/07
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 1,473
    So today I happened to catch Timmy's secret wish, and I was amazed. The music the tone of the plot, the dialogue, I almost cried when Poof was taken away, and when Timmy gave the speech on how Cosmo Wanda and Poof was his family. It made me laugh a lot, especially the everyone had a stinger part.

    And has meet the oddparents aired yet? I'd really like to know sorry I've been gone so long been busy with life and I just turned 17 bout a month ago.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of edmasterchaos

    edmasterchaos

    [132]Dec 1, 2011
    • member since: 03/07/06
    • level: 41
    • rank: Sleestack
    • posts: 24,440

    fewmet wrote:


    Huh. I've been watching the more recent episodes of "Naruto: Shippuden", and I don't see anything wrong with it. Naruto seems the same as he's always been - loudmothed but goodhearted. What's the problem?


    Dub or sub?


    Either way, what i can say without spoiling is that the theme of the show changed from the 'fight destiny' stuff from the original naruto, the message that you make the person you are and no force can stop you from that to "Nope, Destiny decided EVERYTHING." Plus one of the mayor villains died in the most annoying ways, Sasuke became even more unlikable and the women of the series got an even worse treatment than before, doesn't help that Naruto is basically Jesus.


    Though right now the manga is sorta picking up, but, eeh...


    Also, on the filler things, i can't judge since i don't watch the anime, but at least One Piece is awesome with their fillers, to the point where they're all based at least somewhat on the manga, some extend scenes so that the play exactly like the author wanted to (mostly Robin's backstory) and the author himself has a policy of "hey, if this filler arc was written well enough then it's canon." mostly shown on how a fun story of a lost whale from the second filler arc of the anime was used as the central motivation for a new crewmember, but i should stop now because i could spend all day talking about how awesome One Piece is.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of FOP_fan17

    FOP_fan17

    [133]Dec 2, 2011
    • member since: 02/12/08
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 5,081

    FairyFan13 wrote:
    So today I happened to catch Timmy's secret wish, and I was amazed. The music the tone of the plot, the dialogue, I almost cried when Poof was taken away, and when Timmy gave the speech on how Cosmo Wanda and Poof was his family. It made me laugh a lot, especially the everyone had a stinger part. And has meet the oddparents aired yet? I'd really like to know sorry I've been gone so long been busy with life and I just turned 17 bout a month ago.
    Congrats on turning 17!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of bewitchedfan2k

    bewitchedfan2k

    [134]Dec 2, 2011
    • member since: 10/30/08
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 667

    I already knew the 'twist' when I was watching it. Enjoyable but not brillant like all the new ones. 7/10

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of cozmorocks12

    cozmorocks12

    [135]Dec 7, 2011
    • member since: 02/01/08
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,214

    Meet the OddParents is slated to premiere Dec 29 at 7 on Nick.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of alfa9delta

    alfa9delta

    [137]Dec 7, 2011
    • member since: 07/04/10
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 157
    cozmorocks12 wrote:

    Meet the OddParents is slated to premiere Dec 29 at 7 on Nick.



    Well, as the information was announced via press release, it's quite improbable Nick will postpone it:

    http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2011/12/07/nickelodeon-decks-the-halls-with-new-holiday-themed-premieres-645214/20111207nickelodeon01/

    I'm really excited for this
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of LRifle

    LRifle

    [138]Dec 8, 2011
    • member since: 05/11/09
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 739
    It seems interesting to note they haven't yet made any mention of it being the last episode.

    Of course there is Farm Pit but I don't think that will ever be aired.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of alfa9delta

    alfa9delta

    [139]Dec 8, 2011
    • member since: 07/04/10
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 157

    LRifle wrote:
    It seems interesting to note they haven't yet made any mention of it being the last episode. Of course there is Farm Pit but I don't think that will ever be aired.


    "Alfa9delta said...


    Hey Dave. "Meet the OddParents" is airing on Nickelodeon on December 29. Great, isn't it?


    The sad thing is that I heard this is the last episode of FOP.Is this true, or this is just the last episode of the season?


    BTW why was season 8 so short? Well, I liked your post about the Haloween Party. I hope you answer me, bye XD


    December 7, 2011 7:55 PM


    Dave Thomas said...


    @ Alpha9delta. Meet the Oddparents is the last episode of season 8. It was a short season because the same crew makes that makes FOP makes TUFF Puppy - and we split our efforts between the two.


    I can't say if it's the last episode ever, and my record at predicting these things is terrible. But just in case we put a little scene at the end that would imply closure- closing the book, so to speak.


    FOP cartoons take about 9 months to make. So even if we got the green light to make more episodes January 1st, you wouldn't be seeing new FOP cartoons until October of next year. However I can say for sure: Butch and the crew still want to make more - so if Nickelodeon wants them, we'll make them!"


    Well, I found interesting the way he mentioned "January 1st".Maybe this is the last date Nick has to decide if wants to green light a new season.

    Edited on 12/08/2011 11:10am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of LRifle

    LRifle

    [140]Dec 8, 2011
    • member since: 05/11/09
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 739
    That sounds pretty ominous. I just hope the closure scene is worth it. In a way, Timmy's Secret Wish ended on an almost similar note (with all the characters, including Timmy's enemies, friends with him).
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.