The Fairly OddParents

Daily 7:00 AM on Nickelodeon Premiered Mar 30, 2001 In Season

gideonbernstein

The Fairly OddParents Fan Reviews (632)

• It's a good show.

The older episodes were just LEGENDS. However, when they introduced us to Poof, the show went down. Poof is pretty much the closest relative to Caillou. In fact, he acts just like him. The repeats get kinda boring after a while of watching it. Most of the movies on this show are crappy, with an obvious exception of Channel Chasers, which was a great TV movie. Despite all these flaws, I still think this show is still good today.
  • My Opinion

I think the show went down the toilet when they added Poof. If I were the writer I wouldn't have thrown in Poof and Sparky. I like seasons 1-5 more than seasons 6-?. Even the fan fiction (which I wouldn't recommend people not read it depending on your age. The reason why is because the wishes were more awesome and extreme. The show now : ( the show back then : ).
  • Seriously. What happened to this show?

5.5
    Anyone who had ever watched The Fairly OddParents almost 10 years ago knew how amazing this show was. It had good plots, it could be pretty action-packed at times, and it was funny. During that time, it probably could have gone on to become one of the greatest cartoons ever made. Unfortunately, I stress "could have".

This show was supposed to end after season 5, but a year after they initially cancelled Fairly OddParents, The creators decided to bring it back. Well, lets just say what what we got wasn't that good. Once Fairly Oddbaby premiered I knew this show had jumped the shark. And it wasn't even the introduction of Poof. The humor that made this show so good just died with that movie, and the characters did a complete 180 from their initial personalities. Timmy became a spoiled brat, his parents went from caring about him, albeit part-time, to practically not giving a crap about him, and Cosmo became annoying rather than funny. The only people who have remained the same have been Vicky and Mr. Crocker, except Crocker has now gotten more screen time.

The worst thing to come out of the newer seasons is without a doubt that embarassing live-action movie "Grow Up Timmy Turner". I still can't believe that Drake Bell went from Drake and Josh, one of the best shows Nick has ever created, to that abomination.

The Fairly OddParents has unfortunately suffered the same fate as SpongeBob SquarePants. It was a great show that was brought back after being cancelled, and once that happened, the show went into the crapper. If I were rating the show before Poof came along it would be nearly perfect. But alas, the newer seasons have made the show kinda terrible.
  • Seasons 1-5: Good, Seasons 6-present: Bad.

What happened to this show? Ever since Poof came along in the show's revival this show went down into the pits.

Season 1 = good (7/10)

Season 2 = great (8/10)

Season 3 = great (8/10)

Season 4 = amazing (9/10)

Season 5 = the best one (9.5/10)

Season 6 = What's with the new baby? Oh well this show is still ok. (6.5/10)

Season 7 = OK it seems this whole "baby stuff" wasn't such a good idea after all. (4.5/10)

Season 8 = Yeah this show is definitely going down the toilet. (2/10)

Season 9 = WHAT?! THERE'S A PET NOW?! I QUIT! I CAN'T PUT UP WITH THIS ANYMORE! (0/10)

Years:

THE OLD YEARS:

2001 (Season 1) - Hey, this show is pretty good.

2002 (Season 2) Woah, this is really good!

2003 (Season 3) This show is awesome.

2004 (Season 4 part 1) This show is still really good.

2005 (Season 4 part 2;Season 5 part 1) I am so into this!

2006 (Season 5 part 2) THIS SHOW ROCKS!!!

2007 (Season 5 part 3) THIS SHOW STILL ROCKS!!!

THE NEW YEARS:

2008 (Season 6 part 1/REVIVAL) Was the new baby addition really necessary? Oh well I still like this show.

2009 (Season 6 part 2;Season 7 part 1) OK I'm beginning to become uninterested in this show.

2010 (Season 7 part 2) Yeah this isn't to my interests anymore. Get rid of the baby and I'll be a fan of the show again.

2011 (Season 8 part 1) OK this is getting really bad now...

2012 (Season 8 part 2) Yeah, this obviously isn't good...

2013 (Season 9 part 1) WHAT?! WHY DD YOU ADD A PET?! A BABY WAS ENOUGH TO MAKE THIS SHOW GO DOWN TO THE PITS BUT NOW A PET?! AND A DOG AT THAT?! RIP Fairly Odd Parents. 2001-2012. OR SHOULD I SAY, RIP FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 2001-2007!!!

And that's how slowly this show went from good to bad. I would give this show an 8 if only the first five seasons were there. But if it weren't for the revival seasons, this show wouldn't be so horrible. But unfortunately, it happened. So yeah this show has a 1. The 8 is for Seasons 1-5. The rest gets a 1. Finny, out.
  • Top Shows

Most ep (01-14)
  • A Great and Entertaining Show

Despite what all these people are saying, this show is actually pretty great. Timmy doesn't just love the magic, he loves his fairies too. Some people think the addition of Poof and Sparky ruined the show but it actually made it better. Poof is a great character and Sparky is pretty good too. I honestly don't know why everyone's complaining about as this show is still great.
  • its not what it used to be

What happened to this show?! Back in Seasons 1-5 it was great! Unique animation, funny jokes, creative and not so overused plotlines etc. But now, the fun is over in this show and it has really jumped the shark.

Timmy has gone from being a miserable kid, to an arrogant jerk. He abuses his godparents for wishes and only uses them for himself and never anyone else like he promised in the movie. Cosmo has always been dumb, but in a funny way, now he is not funny anymore and is just annoying. Timmy's Parents have became inattentive to Timmy.

The plots weren't so overused in the older seasons, but now they are becoming somewhat repetitive and they are using recycled plots. Thankfully, it's not as repetitive as Johnny Test, but still..

Also I have a comment about the live action TV specials. They have no continuity to them. A Fairly Odd Movie would've been a great way to end the series, but the creators decided to just continue to make more episodes after that. Because in the movie, Timmy was a grown up, but in the next episode after the movie, he went back to being a kid. They need to stop making these movies because it doesn't make sense to have a TV special where Timmy is an adult then make an episode after that where he is a ten year old kid.

The animation and artwork are still the same, and that's about the only thing tolerable for the new episodes.

The new episodes are just terrible. Occasionally they range from good, to decent, to poor, to terrible. And it's usually the last.

Butch should quit producing this show and start making for episodes of his other show, TUFF Puppy.

Rating: 5/10
  • I use to love this show.

The Fairly Odd Parents was a part of my childhood and I wanted to grow up and remember it forever, but now I never want to see it on air again.

the show use too be so charming and amazing but slowly there was a decline in quality

I'm going to split the review up into 4 categories: Story, Characters,episodes,humor,

STORY:

The story is about a 10 year old boy named Timmy Turner is neglected by his parents, failed by his teacher, beat up by bully Francis, constantly rejected by his love Trixie Tang and is abused by his mean babysitter Vicky. Timmy is greeted by Cosmo and Wanda (and later their baby Poof) who are Fairy God Parents who grant his every wish.

CHARACTERS:

Timmy started out as a kid people could relate to He was nice and caring but still had flaws and faults. by season 4 and 5 Timmy had developed into a mean, inconsiderate jerk, who only loved his fairies for their magic. He was selfish and irresponsible and an all around unlikable brat.

Cosmo and Wanda: Cosmo and Wanda use to have such a loving relationship but now all Como does is insult Wanda's Nagging and insult her weight (like any aging marriage) He also did this in the first 3 seasons but usually once every 10 episodes and as a one time joke. Cosmos' character was always stupid but now he has become too dumb to live and Wanda was the smart, voice of reason but now she is just a complaining Nag.

Poof: a space waster with no personality who hogged all the spotlight when he was first born.

Vicky: The main antagonist of the show barely shows up anymore and when she does, she is some kind of psychopathic demon child. in the older episodes she was literally just a mean teenager (I'm fine with both but I just wanted to point it out)

The show has decided to now focus on a parody character called Darth Laser (who I hate) and Mr Crocker (who has somehow turned into a psychopath like Vicky)

Timmy's parents went for ignoring Timmy to outright Neglecting him.

Tootie went from a girl who had a crush on Timmy who we could sympathizes with because she was a Vicky's sister and went through her torment more than Timmy. Now she is one of the villains who will do anything to make Timmy hers

all of Timmy's friends an schoolmates (That I actually liked) never show up anymore. they added a lot of depth and life to Dimmsdale because the show is really boring when it focuses on the main 4.

Next is the infamous Sparky. He is one of the worst characters in the entire series. He is a fame hog who makes awful jokes and the only person he interacts with is Timmy.

EPISODES:

The episodes were terrible in season 5 which ultimately led to its end but Nick wanted to revive the series which ended up ruining it. after the stupid baby was born, every episode was about it and Cosmo and Wanda stopped giving Timmy extreme wishes. Another thing that saddens me is the lack of continuity. If I had to chose the worst episode ever It would be a tie between "It's a wishful life" and "Timmy's secret wish"

It's a wishful life (the episode where Timmy wished he was never born) almost feels like suicide supporter because they most likely mentally scared Timmy (leading to his jerk-ass personality later on) The moral of "doing good deeds not for praise but because it is the right thing to do" is a great moral but is contradicted by the stupid episode and makes it meaningless. The creators even apologizes for making this.

Timmy's secret wish caused way to many continuity errors. cop out ending and the wish had way to plot holes in it. They ruined a good Danny Phantom nod by not adding Clockwork into the episode. It's secret things like these that make me loves shows but the fairly odd parents lacks this.

HUMOR: The show is still funny but it has gotten pretty mean and sadistic.

Overall this show is awful and like Spongebob should end.

final rating 1/10

• Miss this show

So happened to this show? The dog came and now what? I loved fairly odd parents when I was very young. Now they just slap some new character and they think it's okay? That's not all. It's repetitive. "Oh Look its against the rules!!" Fuck the rules, and Timmy needs to understand that fairy god parents aren't slaves. He doesn't love cosmo or wonda. He only loves their magic. And now there's a dog? Wtf is going on?
  • Awful

Just like Spongebob; love the older episodes, despise the newer episodes, both shows have been on the air for far too long, overused plot ideas, boring, and the characters have awful mixed personalities. They only seem to play the older Fairly odd parents on Nick toons, but rarely. It's a real shame.
  • The show is going downhill

I didn't mind Poof being introduce because I do like him, but why Sparky? He's just annoying to me. The newer episodes are getting worst too. I also didn't like how they changed Cosmo from being dumb but also smart to just utterly stupid. It's not like I'm giving up on it because I still like characters like Jorgan and Crocker, but this show is not like it once was.
  • Went off a cliff and now its a dusty video tape.

This show was very funny as I grew up, but they never knew when to stop. When they ran out of ideas, they started throwing new characters in to fill the sad gaps of missing humor. Now its a pretty eclipsed show, you barely see an ad or an video game, nor a kid wearing a t-shirt. The show lost its spotlight. It used to be one of Nick's best cartoons when I was a child.
  • Started good, but went on too long

The show was kind of funny when I first saw it. However, after more than 10 years, the show feels like it just should have wrapped up and ended. The show dragged on far too long that watching it feels tiering. I say Nick just does the finale by 2014.
  • Butch, BUTCHer this show already!!

5.5
    I used to love this show so much! I'm going to be honest, I wanted Cosmo and Wanda to have a baby for the longest! But Poof is ANNOYING. Ever since he was born, mainly all the episodes have been focusing on him. To add insult to injury, he screws up almost every episode with his antics. I know he's a baby, but come on! What Poof did to FOP is kind of like what Dil and Kimmi did to Rugrats, if not worse. Wanda and Cosmo are super-overprotective now. Speaking of the devils, what happened to their relationship? I remember Cosmo and Wanda's relationship used to be so lovey-dovey and mushy. Now, not ONE episode goes by where he doesn't call her a nagger or fat, or something between the lines. Timmy became a spoiled brat. If it were up to me, I'd take his fairies away, because he doesn't even deserve them anymore. Instead of doing something to help humanity, he throws the 'biggest party on the planet'. It's on every TV, and his parents somehow don't notice his absence? His parents are negligent and CPS should just come and snap that little brat away. Then, there's that annoying Timmy fangirl, Tootie, and her evil older sister, Vicky the babysitter. The only people who I actually like on that show as of now are probably Chip Skylark, the Anti-Fairies (except for Foop. God I hate that ugly little shitstain more than the original Poof), the Pixies, and Timmy's friends (even though they hardly show up anymore, and frankly, I don't blame them). They haven't done anything that would make me want to punch the TV. Cancel this show already!!

Final Grade: C-

EDIT: Oh whoop-de-doo! Another stupid, pointless ugly character got added to the roster. Sparky the Dog, who's design makes an alpaca's phlegm look like a masterpiece and a voice so excruciatingly irritating that it'd put Uncle Grandpa to shame. This show isn't even jumping the shark anymore. Wow...
  • Edit: WOW it is much worse. Golden age gets this 10

This show has been heading for the toilet since Sparky first appeared on the show. It was really funny Cosmo being the dumb one, it was kinda cute. Even Poof was funny. Foop I didn't mind much. When Sparky came along I just flipped the channel if he was on an episode. His dumbness is just ANNOYING. So I'm afraid I'm not going any further than season 9. Except the series finale. Sparky HAS to go it's so bad I can't even watch half the episodes without flipping the channel. The only reason it gets a 10 is because for the golden age.
  • A show that was once worthy of praise is now horrendous

10-year-old Timmy Turner is miserable with an evil babysitter Vicky so he is given Fairy God Parents to grant his every wish, but with certain rules from a book that apply. Sounds very creative. Although it's a kids show, it may appeal to all ages including teens and adults too. This show was once hilarious and awesome during the first 3 to 4 seasons. The plots were fresh and original. They were masterpieces. They were pure gold. Ah the childhood nostalgia. But after that, NOOOOOO SMH FACEPALM! What have you done? It got flushed down the toilet just like Spongebob (or worse) and is now nothing but a can of garbage or pile of dung. In its early era, the jokes and humor were actually funny and attractive to its audience and enjoyable. And like I said in my Spongebob review, you could easily tell that all episodes were somehow presented in the exact same style and manner while being unique in their own way with a plot that is brilliant and clever each time. They had that magic touch. But now ever since baby Poof came along, it's nothing but bad toilet humor that no fan likes anymore. He ruined everything about the show and mostly all episodes are focused on him now which only makes it worse because well... IT SUCKS. Timmy got all selfish and careless, Wanda just nags and complains, Cosmo got dumber (in a bad way) just like Patrick did in Spongebob when that declined too, Timmy's parents are negligent and don't really care about him, and the plots just took a turn for the worst. I will admit there are surprisingly some episodes that are still genius believe it or not and still have that magic touch to them that all older episodes had, but the majority of them just suck and are really boring. They're running out of ideas. Nickelodeon must must end this right now. It's getting ridiculous. You've got to be kidding me here Butch Hartman. Do you see what has happened and what is still happening to your show? It's terrible. Then they started making horrendous movie specials just like they did with Spongebob, which, oh my a perfect example of the awful transition the show has made and why it must be cancelled now. Abracatastrophe and Channel Chasers were stupendous, which was in the first and fourth seasons, but Fairly Odd Baby and all after were garbage, which were in the fifth and beyond. Coincidence? I THINK NOT! I can't stand seeing this and Spongebob decline anymore .do what's for the best and cancel this disgrace to the cartoon world of television now. I hate to see such a great show that has gone bad continue on only to stay worse and not get any better. It's just not the way the timeline of TV history should go. But Nickelodeon continues only for the money. Goodbye FOP and SB golden age. And Nickeloedon...
  • Slowly Rotting

4.5
    The fairly odd parents is a good show, but with all long running shows the quality of each episode isn't as good as it once was.
  • Still funny after all these years

Fairly OddParents has been one of my favorites over the years and, unlike SpongeBob (the other longest running Nick show), it has remained funny and remained true to the 2001-2005 years. I still love the episodes, it's still entertaining, and so long as Butch is running the show it should stay that way.

I recommend it to anyone who likes a good laugh.
  • Surprisingly Still Hanging On

Unlike Spongebob, the recent Fairly Odd Parent episodes are not as bad as some people say. Sure, we all know Spongebob was amazing up until the movie then it all went down the toilet. Of course, the late 1990'a and early 2000's episodes of Fairly Oddparents were the best, but this show still seems to keep up with similar plot flow and re-occuring inside jokes per episodes. Cosmo still never ceases to make me crack up still with his antics and Wanda stayed her caring naggy self. Poof was surprisingly not a harmful character edition to the show as a whole. He actualy adds more room for story. I got a little worried when they decided to randomly throw in Sparky, the fairy dog, but he didnt turn out as bad as I thought. Spongebob can be cancelled without a second thought (please just do re-runs of seasons 1-3), but Fairly Odd Parents, keep hanging on!
  • A good show

I know the show had gone down in recent years, but it still a good show and I love the old episodes
  • Butch Hartman! Why?

Butch is running out of fucking ideas! Something original please!
  • Don't Care For This Show

I do remember this show a lot, and I have a brother who enjoys this show and considers it to be part of his nostalgia. But, honestly, when watching it back again, and thinking about it, it's actually not that good. There are some really good episodes, such as Power Mad, but for the most part, it's just a show that enforces all of the bad stereotypes of cartoons. I don't like the main character either. His voice is really annoying, mostly in the second season to present. I love Tara Strong a lot (Twilight Sparkle is fantastic... just putting that out there), but I'm very sorry. Timmy Turner is an annoying little moron who wants to get away from everyday problems using magic. Also, almost all of the characters are way too over-the-top cliched and goofy. I mean, look at Mr. Crocker, Timmy's parents, Vicky the Babysitter, etc. They're way too over-the-top and have as many running gags as a Phineas and Ferb episode! Ugh! I do like Chester, as he is played by Jason Marsden, and I enjoy a lot of his roles. Also, Cosmo and Wanda are not that bad. Yeah, they're goofy, but they are funny. But still, that isn't enough to save this show. This show is a miss.
  • is cool

i know timmy is cool I Kno timmy was kno in 1998 i love timmy t (and cosmo too) :)

• Great Show Here

This show is awesome! Its been even better with Poof. But the dog kind of made me start disliking the show. No need to add anymore random characters. I mean, what are they gonna add next? A singing chimpanzee? Like seriously Poof was enough. But I love this show and it also made up my childhood along with SpongeBob. Hopefully Nick will keep on with this show for some more seasons.
  • Really Bad

This show uses a lot of running gags throughout the episode. Half of them can get me to smile and and eighth can get me to laugh. Remy Buxaplenty is snoody bland and British because he's rich. That's another major concern. The show has way too many racial stereotypes. And that wraps up my review.
  • Been watching it for my whole life and it still rocks

This show is so cool, I can't believe it's still on after all these years, and I really like how they added poof and foop, episodes with foop in it are funny XD. I gotta say that nickelodeon really did the right thing when they made this show. I grew up with this show and I still really can't believe it's still airing.
  • It's only getting worse

It's really sad to see what has become of The Fairly Oddparents. The show was once at the top of its game with its great jokes, excellent lineup of characters, and good plots. Nowadays, the FOP is BARELY getting a laugh from me and the few there are in the episodes are so far and few in between that it makes watching the show unbearable and makes you yearn for the old days when this show was at its peak.

Timmy Turner is a miserable 10-year old kid that secretly has two fairy godparents. Together, they all go on crazy adventures of what happens when something you wish for goes out of control. So how did this show go downhill? Well unfortunately, this show has decreased in terms of quality and the characters themselves have become unlikable, along with a few other things.

For one thing, the plots have been getting pretty boring now and some of them are recycled. Like for example, a recent episode was about Timmy wishing to be the smartest student in class. However, that was already done in another episode where Timmy wished to be the smartest person to beat . If the show isn't reusing plot lines from past episodes, it's now focusing on one of the new characters on the show, Poof the fairy baby, and him being taken to school or fighting over a girl with an anti-fairy baby of himself. Needless to say, these plots not only sound bad, but they are bad.

Speaking of characters, almost every one of them are no longer likable. Timmy was the miserable child who wished for stuff to make his life better and was a pretty kind kid. Now he's become a selfish,

self-centered jerk who abuses his fairy godparents and acts more like a brat. Cosmo was the dumb one, but he had his smart moments as well and was funny. In the new seasons, he's become dumber and he is now more annoying than funny. Wanda was the voice of reason and tried to be more

like a mother figure to Timmy. Now she's been made into a nagging woman who constantly complains about everything and always acts so cynical.

Then there are the two new characters on the show, Poof and Sparky. The addition of these characters are where the show has truly fallen apart. Poof adds nothing to the show since he's only a baby and just looks cute. He's a waste of a character and shouldn't have been made at all. Sparky is just as bad. He's an annoying, irritating magical dog that sounds annoying and tries to be funny, but he uses every tired joke that's been done to death. It's a terrible attempt to save a show that was going downhill and adding them in has only made the show more unwatchable.

Another issue is that this show doesn't follow any kind of continuity at all. For example, when Timmy wants a dog, all the pets he's taken care of, but die are shown except for Eddy, the Gerbil, from the

episode, That's Life. Another example is that fairies never get old so they don't need babies, but yet there are plenty of baby fairies seen at the preschool Poof is in. My question is, why even have continuity if it's going to be completely ignored like that? It creates a lot of holes in the episodes.

The jokes are also another thing that's been getting stale and terrible. Many of the jokes are now repeated so many times in an episode that it overstays its welcome very quickly. Not to mention some of them don't even make sense, like when Cosmo described the pound and turning a dog into a British Pound. Very rarely will you find a joke that is funny or clever and I do mean rarely.

Artwork wise, it still looks pretty good and stays true to the original Butch Hartman style and it is colorful and has some nice visuals. The animation is good as well with characters moving smoothly and it's not choppy.

In the end, the Fairly Oddparents is a show that's long since run its course and is only getting worse and worse now. The addition of the new characters not only make the show badder, but they are not interesting at all, the characters are not likable anymore, save for a few of them, the jokes aren't funny anymore, and the plots are either recycled or boring. I just hope Nick realizes this show has run its course and finally give it the ax. Because this show needs to finally be put to rest before it gets even worse than it already is.
  • WAS Good....

It was a great Poof was wished up. And now Sparky is the pet? Please stop jumping the shark, Butch Hartman..... Horrible now -___-
  • Decent

This show was ok but as time went by it started to get worse and worse especially after they made a movie about it, seriously how many more shows are going to get ruined because of worthless movies. :/
  • Not as good as when it first aired

4.5
    Fairly Odd Parents was a show I grew up with from when I was little and a little chunk . I found it funny, the concept itself is unique and different from what I've seen in cartoons and brought something fresh to animation-- especially in its first season. It has became one of Nick's most successful shows. But lately, in the likeness of Spongebob, I've noticed a huge decline in the episodes. Timmy has been becoming increasingly self-centered from being miserable and his wishes are nowadays just for personal gain, focused far too much on Poof's wellbeing, and the new installment of a dog felt rather unnecessary, to me at least. You hardly eve see Vicky in the episodes anymore, which is one of the core reasons for his miserableness in the first place. Sorry, it just lost it's touch for me--- it could be because I'm a teenager now and I'm into an assortment of different things, but nonetheless I feel like it just isn't as good as it was before. The beginning of the series is sweet but when overlooking the episodes overall, by the seasons, it's gotten pretty rough around the edges.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10