The Fairly OddParents

The Big Problem

Aired Daily 7:00 AM Mar 30, 2001 on Nickelodeon

• Superb pilot of "The Fairly OddParents"

I thought that this was a superb pilot of "The Fairly OddParents". This wasn't my favorite episode and the plot could have been a little better but it was overall superb. I didn't like that Timmy's parents didn't take Timmy to the movies with them (but at least they're not as huge jerks as they are in the later FOP episodes). I thought Timmy wishing Cosmo and Wanda that he was an adult was a very interesting thing in this episode. Timmy enjoying his life as an adult was pretty funny. It was very funny that Timmy is watching a movie now that he is an adult and he thought the couple in the movie making out was gross and then you see Timmy's parents making out and then Timmy's dad says "You know, I bet Timmy would think this is gross". It was funny when Timmy was learning how to shave and use cologne. It was hilarious when adult Timmy asked the waiter "Did you finish college?" and then the waiter was crying and said "No, why do you think I'm a waiter". Timmy finds out that he needs to wish himself back to a kid or else he would lose Cosmo and Wanda forever, which is weird for the writers to do since this is the first episode of this cartoon. It was great that Timmy wished himself back to a kid again though. Overall, a superb pilot of this cartoon. 9/10

Note: marebear2009 requested me to review this episode.