The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin

BBC (ended 1979)

gophone

The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin Fan Reviews (2)

7.6
  • Quite unlike most sitcoms

Based on David Nobbs comic novels, Leonard Rossiter stars as the middle-aged, middle-class, middle manager Reginald Perrin, who longs for a life that is just out of his reach. Despite his best efforts to break free from the conformity that he sees all around him, he never quite succeeds. Gradually his brain parts company with normality, and madness takes over. Reggie soon fakes his own death, attends his own funeral, and falls in love with his wife again.

A fine and funny cast making up friends, family and enemies surrounds Perrin. Outstanding writing and hilarious acting make this one of the greats.
  • Great Stuff

"1, 2 , 3, 4 make them wait outside the door 5, 6, 7, 8 It always pays to make them wait 9, 10 COME!" The perfect phrase for dealing with bosses and employees that came from this fantastic show. I used it everyday at work, it's perfect! I watched this show on PBS on the weekends when they replay comedies from the BBC like Monty Python, The Goodies, Good Neighbors and Reginald Perrin. This is one show that deserves a DVD set because I will certainly be a customer. The show followed Reginald from employee to super powerful Executive millionaire and back down to nothing then on the rise again. The characters were hilarious and it actually made me want some of that Potato wine his son in law makes.