The Fashion Show Forums

Bravo (ended 2011)

Are you kidding me Bravo?

clarkgable17

[1]May 9, 2009
    • level: 9
    This show is a complete joke who does Bravo think they are fooling? It's a complete rip-off of project runway and they aren't even trying to be subtle about it. Even the font they use under the contestants names is the same as they used on project runway.The cheesy backround music is even similar. As a project runway fan since season 1 i'll certainly be boycotting this cheap imitation renamed as "the fashion show" who's with me?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RioMom

[2]Jun 15, 2009
    • level: 6
    I'm surprised you're so vehemently against TFS. Sure it's similar to PR how could a reality fashion show not be? But TFS has better challenges and the runway show is totally different. I think it's better to have fashion industry icons, insiders and buyers among the audience than only four judges deciding the winner.

dbcsdragon

[3]Jun 21, 2009
    • level: 12
    I agree with both of the above commentators. This is a cheezy and pathetic attempt for Bravo to save the Project Runway veiwing audience. None of the designers seem to be Project Runway caliber, although I will forgive this detail as it is the show's first season. My biggest gripe is the judges. Obviously many of their lines are preplanned, but the way they deliver their speeches make me cringe. The only thing I do like about the show is the challenges and the runway. I like hearing opinions from multiple people and seeing that the audience's opinions are taken into effect at judging. My favorite thing is the mini challenges. Some of the ideas actually seem legitimate. Overall the show is a flop, but they do have some interesting ideas. I hope that if this show continues, they tweak their flaws for future seasons.

CRaivios

[4]Jul 27, 2009
    • level: 21

I also agree with the opposing views. I did not like that Heidi and crew ran away from the Bravo Network that make them all rich and headed to LA. I understand why Bravo wanted to air a competing show before the new PR.

I am not sure I agree that the caliber of contestants was of a lower standard. I wonder how some of the PR contestants ever made it to the final 15. The last few seasons of PR left me scratching my head. How can that person be the winner? Have I ever heard of any of them again?

At least with The Fashion Show, the viewers got to pick the winner. I did not agree that Rico should have been left out, but I would have had trouble voting between Daniella or Anna.

aldangerduncan

[5]Sep 23, 2009
    • level: 2

I have to agree with the other comments. Under normal circumstances, the fact that in order to try and appear different Bravo seem to have made the challenges more difficult whilst providing less time in which to complete the challenge, would give cause to offer sympathy to the contestants.

However, in yet another blatent attempt to create a unique selling point, Bravo have sourced contestants of the lowest calibre of human kind. Except for one or two maybe, but no doubt they'll be out on the Producer's recommendation that they don't make good tv...

I'll be sticking to Project Runway!