TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

The F.B.I. Forums

ABC (ended 1974)

DVD Release?

tvking1

[1]Feb 13, 2009
    • level: 42
    Has anyone who might read this heard anything about plans for a DVD release? I've been waiting for some time now, but still nothing. It was a highly successful series and I'm inclined to think there must be some demand for it, even if it doesn't get a lot of hits on Tv.com.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

klaatube

[3]Oct 2, 2010
    • level: 4

Yes I very much agree a DVD set of the series would be a great thing. I have very nice quality copies from television and I watch them all the time. QM Productions was (and is) my favorite producers of hour long crime drama of that time by far. QM shows had a very special feeling to them and I'm verygrateful to have experienced their work on television when I was younger.

tvking1

[4]Nov 14, 2010

A while ago I got an e-mail from tvshowsondvd.com saying that a DVD release is being planned, but it sounded kind of iffy. I don't remember any details and can't find the e-mail. I'll be checking for more information.

Edited on 11/14/2010 7:02pm

don84z

[5]Aug 14, 2011
    • level: 1

It's here. Of course the seasons are broken down into 2 "Volumes" and both Season 1's are availbale now. I remember Efrem Zimbalist asking for info on the then current fugitives. Those appeals are not included on the DVD.

tvking1

[6]Nov 13, 2011

I went ahead and ordered Season I Volume I, only because I'm a fan, and because Amazon cut the price to an affordable level. Any future releases will have to be improved, with good special features,before I order any more.I'm disappointed, though not surprised, that the fugitive alerts announced byEfrem Zimbalist Jr.were not included. I know all those fugitives, one of whom was MLK assassinJames Earl Ray, are by noweither in custody or dead, but the alerts could have been includedjust for the sake of nostalgia.