The Finder Forums

FOX (ended 2012)

Cancelled!

thatmonkey

[1]May 10, 2012
    • level: 10

Fox Announced the cancellation of both The Finder, and Alcatraz. Alcatraz fizzled fast for me, but I thoroughly enjoyed the finder and hate to see another thinking mans show fall away.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

shadowysea07

[2]May 10, 2012
    • level: 25

not surprised considering they had an awful pilot, mostly unlikable cast, aired the eps out of fricken order and moved the show around. the cast took too long to become endearing not to mention marshall chick was a stale boring character who felt more like an extra who contributed little to nothing to the show besides being an optional romantic interest.

ltcomstella

[3]May 11, 2012
    • level: 17

i disagree with the characters being stale and boring and unendearing/lame

because like bones the heart of the show is the bad guy/girl gets caught and arrested.. so logically there has to be a cop/agent/marshall love interest

so for me miss mashon was only limited by her script she doesn't quite realise walter is her man..and she tries to justify otherwise..but still goes back to him

so the classic situation of the poor writing.. not the actors. so as some one who has not watched touch or alcatraz i can't say if this is fair..

yes people will and have /do compared it to bones. butit's not a bad thing to even make one season from a small concept that is the finder is quite an achievement imo.

but i will say who ever had the final say in what gets canned is a keifer sutherland fan... the finder will be missed but at least we have bones for another season at least !!

i enjoyed this show it's different and fresh with a hint of the familiar i will mourne it's passing.

Edited on 05/11/2012 4:39pm

LanceMiller1

[4]May 12, 2012
    • level: 4

Just another example of broadcast tv exec's being out of touch when some worthless wonder decided to not promote this show more, give season one at least 15 episodes & the unimaginable, the cancelation of the show. There's getting to be fewer & fewer good shows to watch & this was one of them. Hell, I might as well just cancel cable if this trend continues.

BarryWeen3

[5]May 12, 2012
    • level: 14

LanceMiller1 wrote:

Just another example of broadcast tv exec's being out of touch when some worthless wonder decided to not promote this show more, give season one at least 15 episodes & the unimaginable, the cancelation of the show. There's getting to be fewer & fewer good shows to watch & this was one of them. Hell, I might as well just cancel cable if this trend continues.

But cable has good shows, like on USA (Burn Notice, White Collar, Psych)and TNT (Leverage, Franklin & Bash)and A&E (The Glades, Breakout Kings), isn't it network TV where your ire should be directed towards? Just my opinion...

Eerie138

[6]May 13, 2012
    • level: 1

The thing is the show had good ratings as a fill in while Bones was off,once Bones came back and Fox realized hey The Finder has good ratings let's keep it around and instead of giving them a good night they took it off for a month and threw it on Friday. Just look at the ratings they are listed except for the finale you can see the massive hit the ratings took when they were on in Bones slot then the month off then the move to Fridays.Started out with a 5.50 rating picked up to its peak of 8.44 shares then went down to 6.18 then just before the move and month off it was at 7.08 ratings. Now look at the ratings for the day/time 4.03 to the low of 3.45 then back up to 4.31 slight drop to 3.97 then hit 4.0 just by their knucklehead move of not giving the show a good decent time and day they the jokers at Fox killed the show.I personally didn't care for Alcatraz lost me after the 2nd or 3rd can't remember but i understand not bringing that back but really The Finder was way better IMO. I think FOX is more worried about their reality based shows which doesn't cost them alot except paying like the American Idol judges boku dollars along with Simon in X factor...then you got Gordon Ramsey who you know has 4 shows on Fox how much do you think he get's paid...there is Hell's Kitchen,Hotel Hell,Top Chef and Kitchen Nightmares..and the other 2 chef's they bring in for Top Chef if all those bloated ego's take a pay cut Fox could pay to run decent shows like The Finder on better nights but NAW the bean counters who get their big bucks slaughtering shows that do half way decent. D

coYoteeeeeee

[7]May 13, 2012
    Seriously, I loved this show. I thought the pilot was the best but they probably should have started the series much sooner. I also loved the cast of the pilot and the series. I think it would have built a following given half a chance I was and am a big fan.

coYoteeeeeee

[8]May 13, 2012
    Could another network pick this up or is it just gone...gone...gone.

Greg13

[9]May 14, 2012
    It figures, It seems that any show (with the exception of Bones) that shows any sign of intelligent life gets canceled. That's OK though because it will open a slot for more STUPID cartoons

MajLorne

[10]Jun 5, 2012
    • level: 21
    This kinda sucks, I actually did like this show. But of course putting it on Fridays is a death knell for any show. They should've put it on any of the other 4 days and have American idol as its lead in. This is just as bad as fox canceling my other favorite show human target. Oh well, I guess one less show to tune into now. I havent had much time to watch shows these days and electing to just DVD them.

I will say that finder had some promise, but at least bones will still be around... And fringe will get 13 more eps. So fox is somewhat fair.