The Finder Forums

FOX (ended 2012)

Official Discussion 1x13 - The Boy With the Bucket

TesserT

[1]May 11, 2012
    • level: 78
    Please use this thread to discuss the series finale The Boy With the Bucket (May 11). Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BarryWeen3

[2]May 11, 2012
    • level: 14

Well, just like Alcatraz, we end this series with some unresolved cliffhangers.

I liked Walter, gonna miss his thought process and those various diaromas, dream sequences, re-enactments, etc.

MisterKez

[3]May 11, 2012
    • level: 4
    My thoughts exactly. When will they learn not to end Freshman shows with cliffhangers? The reason that these shows get such low ratings is because people are afraid to get too invested in them. They wait for the second season and then catch up. Why did Fox have to break up the Bones lead in? It's like they want some of these shows to fail.

It was a great Season finale, I hated that it happened to be the series finale. There were way too many setups for an exciting second season. My thoughts are that Leo gets Walt off on an insanity plead and he gets put in the same asylum as Winslow Homer. Isabel goes to law school full time now. Willa goes to wherever her mom is. Shad makes Timo disappear.

ltcomstella

[4]May 12, 2012
    • level: 18

considering what garbage is on tv in general, talent shows, big brother and other reality docu soaps.

not everyone likes them so tv execs are basically giving us intelligent folk the middle finger..

and we get the most cliffhangers in a season/series finalle i have ever seen every character with the exception of leo is screwed.

walter arrested for murder and finding his mum in witsec,

isabel is sacked/suspended for helping walter

willa goes awol.

timo gets suckerpunched by the uncle shad (seemed a bit harsh )

we don't know what happened to walters mother.

walters dad dies...

and no resolution for the painting ? we found the forger but they just leave him alone ? and walter still hasn't found the original..

MisterKez

[5]May 12, 2012
    I got the impression that the previously unknown painting was actually an original done by the guy who thought he was homer. The museum originally had the painting from asylum Homer. They thought it was Winslow Homer. The thief stole it. Walter recovered it. A few years later, museum did a new authentication method which said it was not Winslow. In a nutshell Walter happened to be right all the time. He found the painting that the museum lost. The museum made Walter think he was wrong in saying that he should have gotten Winslow's version of the painting when actually there never was a Winslow version of the painting. Walter went crazy for nothing. Which we would have found out if we had gotten another season.

tjoceasde

[6]May 12, 2012

There is one silver lining to a spin-off being cancelled. That is there is potential for any unresolved issues to be worked out on an episode of the parent show. Off hand I can think of two episodes of the X-Files that did this:

1. "Millennium" (Season 7, Episode 4) brought closure to the cancelled series of the same name.

2. "Jump the Shark" (Season 9, episode 15) tied up the loose ends of the Lone Gunmen spin-off

So maybe Shad's skeleton will wash up in a swamp somewhere on an episode of Bones, which would prompt Walter to be released so that he can find Willa (who would be an obvious suspect), and Isabelle getting her job back when she catches the culprit.

quasar9

[7]May 13, 2012
    I can't believe they ended the show with all those cliffhangers; I nearly threw my tv out the window. Darn you all you high up tv people who continually ruin my life my cancelling every freaking show that doesn't have amazing ratings but is pureawesomeness and keep all the ridiculous "reality" shows that make me want to blow my brains out. Sorry, I just had to get that out. But seriously, can they just give a couple shows a chance every once in a while?

SamiKitty2

[8]May 13, 2012
    • level: 5
    I don't really see it as a cliffhanger ending. It's a good ending for a cancellation (shit happens and people have to deal with it) but it's also a good ending if it does ever get picked up again.

poulters

[9]May 14, 2012

I actually liked this ending if they ever decide to pick it up again The finder first job after getting out of jail would be to find Willa. Hope another station picks it up

SlidingKat

[10]May 14, 2012
    • level: 5
    What a horrible way to end it.

MajLorne

[11]Jun 6, 2012
    • level: 21

tjoceasde wrote:

There is one silver lining to a spin-off being cancelled. That is there is potential for any unresolved issues to be worked out on an episode of the parent show. Off hand I can think of two episodes of the X-Files that did this:

1. "Millennium" (Season 7, Episode 4) brought closure to the cancelled series of the same name.

2. "Jump the Shark" (Season 9, episode 15) tied up the loose ends of the Lone Gunmen spin-off

So maybe Shad's skeleton will wash up in a swamp somewhere on an episode of Bones, which would prompt Walter to be released so that he can find Willa (who would be an obvious suspect), and Isabelle getting her job back when she catches the culprit.

Yes, I was thinking about that too. If they started this show on Bones, they can also finish it on Bones. I would hope so at least.

Edited on 06/06/2012 4:36am