The Firm

Chapter Fourteen

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Apr 21, 2012 on NBC

• What's wrong?

What's wrong with the show? In my opinion everything seems perfect on the surface, especially the script, except for some obvious mistakes like these in episode 14. So the script is good, the main characters are played well, the action is rather fast (not so fast as in Human Target, but fast enough). So why does the show have a "feel and touch" of a Sunday morning fairy tale for children? There is something missing or there are some badly written/played parts. I think it is the character of Tammy Hemphill played by Juliette Lewis that spoils the show and make it into a family comedy, which by no means can be what script writers are after. Write her off and perhaps you can save the show.

As to the obvious mistakes I mentioned before, they are the handling of the drive. First, the drive should have been copied. There is lots of software around that can do the trick. Just take "dd", which is installed on all Linux computers by default. Second, you cannot partly decipher contents if they are encrypted with a single key. You decrypt it all or nothing. Of course Dimitri and the owners of the drive would know it. So the premise on which most of the episode was build is just a piece of rubbish, to put it mildly.