The First 48 Forums

Friday 9:00 PM on A&EIn Season

Why are over 99% of the crimes seen on The First 48 Hours Black Men?

LauraDixon0

[1]Mar 10, 2011
    • level: 1

Just curious as I watch the show and think it is very passioniate and sad. Most of the people involved are black males. Why is that? Are they just prone to anger and killing - have any studies been done on their mentality - it seems a very valid question.

It is just so sad to see this all going on - it's like flights of anger consume the induvidual to think irrationally and shoot - or stab...

Or is it that black males are just stupid and un-caring? It seems that the their purpose in life is to do drugs, impregnate woman and kill each other.... and "done gone it" I am telling the truth...

What up with that man....???

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

beeeeeef

[2]May 6, 2011
    • level: 1

I've being watching the first 48 hours for over 4 weeks now, and at first i was horrified at the futile, mindless, drug related, spousal related crimes beingcommitted, almost always gun related, however, during the series, i notice they were near all black on black, or small hand full of minority crime, almost 'no'Caucasian crime, as sadden as this program may be, i couldn't help but wonder if there's a strong element of bias, orracism going on, i think there is!however, this isreality, and these incidents do exist. Now when i watch the first 48 hours, i watch it with a fair and open mind, people in the free world, have a choice in life, and if they chose to commit acts that areabovethe law, then they should, if proven guilty, be taken out of society, no matter what colour they are.

Steve

neo979

[3]Mar 16, 2012
    • level: 6
    "Why are most of the murders committed by black men" is a fair question, but "black men are prone to anger and killing" is a stereotype and therefore racist. It certainly isn't true of ALL black men - just look how many of the police officers on the show are honorable black men.

Still, statistics do generally show that a disproportionately large number of violent crimes are indeed committed by black males, and it would certainly be nice to have explanations for this tragic fact. My guess is that years of discrimination and lack of opportunity have pushed many black families into a tradition of resorting to desperate measures.

(I'm white BTW.)