A The Flash Community
Tuesday 8:00 PM on The CW (Returning October 4, 2016)

The CW has picked up four new series for next season: the Arrow spin-off The Flash, Rob Thomas's iZombie, Jane the Virgin, and The Messengers.

The Flash stars Grant Gustin as Barry Allen, a scientist who is given the power of super-speed after a freak accident that transforms him into the Fastest Man Alive. The series comes from Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg, and DC Chief Geoff Johns. Jesse L. Martin, Tom Cavanagh, Candace Patton, Danielle Panabaker, Rick Cosnett, Carlos Valdes, Michelle Harrison, Patrick Sabongui, and John Wesley Shipp will also star. 

iZombie features a med student-turned-zombie (Rose McIver) who takes a job in the coroner's office to gain access to the brains she must reluctantly eat to maintain her humanity. But when she starts inheriting the corpses' memories, she teams up with her medical-examiner boss (Rahul Kohli) and a police detective (Malcom Goodwin) to solve homicide cases. Veronica Mars' Thomas and Diane Ruggiero will write and executive-produce the series, based on the DC Comics property. Robert Buckley, David Anders, Nora Dunn and Alexandra Krosney will also star.

Based on a Venezuelan telenovela, Jane the Virgin is about a hard-working, religious young Latina woman (Gina Rodriguez) who is accidentally artificially inseminated. Jaime Camil, Justin Baldoni, Ryan Devlin, Yael Grobglas, Brett Dier, Andrea Navedo, and Ivonne Coll will also star. 90210's Jennie Snyder Urman will write and executive-produce the series.

When a mysterious object crashes to Earth on The Messengers, a group of seemingly unconnected strangers die from the energy pulse, but then awaken to learn that they have assigned the task of preventing the impending Apocalypse. The Expendables producer Basil Iwanyk will executive-produce with Teen Wolf writer Eoghan O'Donnell. Diogo Morgado, Shantel VanSanten, Sofia Black-D'Elia, Jon Fletcher, Craig Frank, Lane Garrison, and Joel Courtney will star.

Which of The CW's new series are you most excited for?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/24/2016

Season 2 : Episode 23

93 Comments
Comments (93)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I am looking forward to The Messengers. I hope it satisifies and sticks.
Flag
I think The Messengers will be very similar to Star Crossed... Good, but not enough to stick
Flag
The Messengers, definitely - but I think I'll give i-zombie a watch too.
Flag
DC tv takeover is in full swing with Arrow, Flash, and Gtham on the move. If CW is smart, they team Aarow and Flash together on Wednesday night, and hopefully FOX isn't stupi enogh to put Gotham up against them. Flash is the only show here I'm interested in though.
Flag
Jane the virgin? Seriously??
Flag
I'll watch iZombie and The Messengers, but I'm not super excited for either. iZombie may just be a procedural in disguise, and I'm already getting The Messengers confused with the series ABC just picked up, The Whispers, which is never a good sign.
Flag
I see The CW are finally getting into the comedy game with Jane the Virgin.
Flag
-_- Oh sure let's put on a show about a med student being turned into a zombie and let her solve crimes while EATING people's brains! Yeaaaah we'll get lots of views with a show like that.
Flag
Yeah Flash!! And the plot of iZombie doesn't interest me but.... OMG Rose McIver my favorite RPM Power Ranger and Tinker Bell ! :D
Flag
Won't watch any of these, especially not Jane.
Flag
Looking forward to The Flash, Not interested in Jane at all, and will probably check the other two out before making any decisions. Still sad that Carrie Diaries isn't coming back.
Flag
iZombie definitely. The Flash, because I liked Grant Gustin as Barry Allen on Arrow. I need ,ore info about the other 2 but I'll probably check them out cefore making up my mind.
Flag
I love soap operas so i'm giving jane the virgin a try.
Flag
Everything except Jane. I think TTP should have been given another season. It ended the main story well enough and left plots that could be explored in season 2. The second half of the season TTP was starting to come together and deserve a second season. I think that if they left it paired with Arrow, it would have had the ratings to be renewed. People are just too scared to get invested with a series that they think will be canceled after one season. New rule: Every show (that I like) gets at least 2 seasons.
Flag
If only that rule applied to everyone.
Flag
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't John Wesley Shipp the previous Flash/Barry Allen?
Flag
Why does the CW order horrible shows every year, only to cancel them after one season, and then order horrible shows again?
Flag
Staff
Because every once in awhile you get shows like The Vampire Diaries and Arrow.
Flag
I'll add Nikita to that list.
Flag
Izombie and the messnegers sound good
Flag
I'll give Messengers a chance.
Bt with Flash, it will probably air on Wednesdays when I work and I'll NEVER see it, because CW doesn't repeat things on Sundays like the WB used to. :(
Flag
I will try the Flash and that is it!!
Flag
Messengers - The new mystery show that's going to be terrible as soon as we realize the writers have no idea where they are going and just randomly toss stuff our way.
See: Lost, Under the Dome, The Event, Flash Forward etc

The Flash - Will get multiple fan boys super excited but will most likely fade away being one of the season's biggest disappointments. It basically has the same amount of hype that S.H.I.E.L.D got, except this one already has a lot more troubles than S.H.I.E.L.D
Tight spandex looks awful on a tv screen. They were smart on Smallville to call No Tights, No Flights.
Also super speed is a power that should never be given to a protagonist on a tv show. Comics? Sure. Movies? Okay. TV? Never unless it's a very limited mini series run. It will only be a matter of time till we constantly bang our heads against the wall and ask ourselves why doesn't he use his speed to solve this or that?
Just take a look at any of the vampire shows on tv now.

iZombie - Will work if and only if, it will realize that every single supernatural detective show that focused on ordinary cases failed miserably. Checkout everything from Tru Calling to Witchblade to so many other shows...
They always stupidly start by focusing on regular crimes and suffer terrible ratings until they switch to more sci-fi oriented issues - at which point it is usually too late and they get the ax.
The sci-fi haters avoid these shows and the sci-fi lovers get bored if it focuses on the real stuff too much.
More+
Flag
Pessimist much? It's okay to be cautious optimistic, but it sounds to me like you're overdoing it.
Flag
Going by past experience. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results
Flag
I haven't watched much of Under the Dome but the book was good...Stephen King is one of my favorite writers, though his endings kinda suck half the time (in movies at least like The Mist). And at least Lost finished its series unlike Heroes.

Eh none of these new shows look any good to me, especially iZombie. Even the title seems bad and it keeps reminding me of iCarly (just title wise). I mean how can you have a good protagonist when they have to eat someone's brain to maintain their humanity? And of all the supernatural creatures for someone to be...really..a zombie :/?
Flag
Let me just save you the trouble on Under the Dome - The show is nothing like the book. And I can't stress how much they took it to completely different places.

I'm not one of those annoying fan boys that's going to scream "It's not like the book", I don't mind if they drift apart from the source material if they do something good with it. But in this case... Heck no.

As for iZombie, well, truth is a zombie isn't that much different than a vampire sucking blood.
Flag
It was just a half hearted attempt. They'll try again most likely since Apparently CW is still "open"to the idea of a spin off. Question is: Is the fandom?
Flag
Sorry there lorena7 but Kol can't join The Originals. He's kinda dead....DUH
Flag
So are half the other recurring characters on both shows. I'm sure you've noticed a few characters coming back... DUH
Flag
Izombie sounds a lot like Tru Calling but Zombified....we'll see.
The Flash, will try the first few episodes.
Virgin, not sure what or where they might go with that, how do you accidentally get a medical procedure?
The Messengers, Its somewhat a tried storyline but if they at least give it some IQ it maybe worth watching.
Flag
I'm on board with all of them since it means they didn't pickup that horrid Bloodlines train wreck (it doesn't deserve to have the "S" word attached to it). It's almost like they came here to read all of the reviews before making a seemingly intelligent decision!
Flag
So now that Supernatural: Bloodlines wasn't picked up, does that mean that Kol can finally join The Originals?
Flag
Arrow!
Flag
Staff
iZombie! iZombie! iZombie!
Flag
I'm happy Rose McIver got her own show - she deserves it.

Still I will miss Tink in OUAT :(
Flag
Which of The CW's new series are you most excited for?

Probably "Supernatural: Bloodlines". It excites me that they haven't ordered it. (I hope it means that they're not going to).
Flag
No Supernatural Bloodlines! Whoever thought/came up of that show probably was not a Supernatural fan to begin with.
Flag
You mean Robert Singer and Andrew Dabb who have both been around for several seasons. It was just a half hearted attempt. They'll try again most likely since Apparently CW is still "open"to the idea of a spin off. Question is: Is the fandom?
Flag
The concept of all of them actually seems promising. I'd have to see trailers to give a better decision. Izombie has the most interesting premise. Further more its done by Rob Thomas and finally David Anders gets to star in something instead of being highly undervalued. At least I hope he stars as he is 4th on the cast list.

Comic Book heroes and CW is usually a good mix.

The Messengers can be either way. Depends on the characters.

Jane the virgin. I actually am fond of this concept. Maybe cause artificial insemination is a fear of mine because of how often it goes wrong and how many kids are related thanks to employees putting a lot of sperm in the mix. Or cause I had a fear of getting pregnant through none of my own doing. But more so because Ive been wanting to see peps that are highly religious in the show. I'm so sick of all the these shows where every teen has been sleeping around since like 8th grade. So it will hopefully be a nice change.

Flag
I'm glad about iZombie but it doesn't cancel out my disappointment over The Tomorrow People - I already got invested in that/
Flag
I'm excited for The Flash and iZombie, even though it probably means no Rose McIver on OUAT next season :(
Flag
The Flash and maybe Izombie
Flag
Because of Arrow I will give The Flash a try as for the rest reading about them does not give me any hope that I would look forward to them in any way. But it would be nice to be proven wrong for once.
Flag
The Flash always brings up the image of some old dude in a trench coat revealing himself in a park :) Hope its good and I hope it isn't The Flash : the teenage years CW style
Flag
from where I sit, that's 4 swings & 4 misses, CW-style
Flag
I still feel the actor for The Flash is way too skinny. I hope since it got picked up they put him with whomever the trainer was for Amell, because that guy needs to put on some serious muscle. Like 15 to 20 pounds of muscle.
Flag
Rose McIver was everywhere this season, sounds like she got the best pilot. iZombie sounds cool. I'll watch 'Flash' as well. It was set up nicely on 'Arrow', Grant Gustin was a good choice - hopefully it turns out well - (as long as they don't steal Emily Bett Rickards).

I'll echo the resounding sentiment that the best news from this is that 'Bloodlines' was passed on. Gentlemen, time to just start putting the pieces together to let the boys go out on their own in style. Please just give 'Supernatural' a 10th season better than this hit or whiff 9th.

So are 'Tomorrow People' or '100' or both coming back?

Flag
The 100 was renewed, The Tomorrow People was cancelled.
Flag
Much obliged.
Flag
Can't wait for iZombie and The Flash.
Flag
I can't wait for the flash should be a game change
Flag
can't wait for The Flash. Thanks to Shelton Cooper, so can't wait.
Flag
I'm excited for the Flash, and will probably check out iZombie. Not sure about Messengers - right now it sounds very generic sci-fi/apocalyptic. Would need to see a trailer before I could decide on that one.

Jane the Virgin, what the fuck is this I can't even.
Flag
Hey, that's not the worst pickup ever for new series. I'll probably only watch The Flash though, because I am an old man nerdboy.
Flag
I am a bit excited about The Flash, if the people behind the show can do the same for The Flash as Arrow did for The Green Arrow, then we are in for a treat. But if not then The Flash is one of the lamest heroes ever and the show should be cancelled right away.
Flag
Everything but The Flash sounds entertaining (I am not huge into superhero or comic book-inspired shows/movies). I will definitely at least check them out.
Flag
Glad to hear that they've picked up The Flash. I liked the character on Arrow, and am curious to see how well it works as its own series. Hopefully it's about as good as Arrow.
Flag
Need footage from The Flash, I am still not sold yet. (Never doubted it would get ordered, David Nutters streak continues)
Flag
Jane The Virgin.. because honestly how is that going to work. I understand not havinging an abortion because she is religious, but how does someone accidentally get artificially inseminated? Part of me wishes its all part of some secret government plan to create like a clone of Hitler or something.

Also since its probably not a government plot to inseminate a religious girl with the clone of Hitler. There is the fact that there was someone in that hospital who wanted to be artifically inseminated will there be someonw who wants to adopt the baby?

Then there is the question about the type of artifical insemination that was used: was the baby that wound up in herr meant for another surrogate in the hospital? or was it one of Jane's eggs that was fertilized by some rouge spermatazoa meant for another?

Does this sort of thing actually happen in the real world? And if it does why is a series on the CW the first time we are hearing about it? How the hell could Jane not sue the hospital for everything they are worth for a mistake this large? How will it be a show?

I am so curious about Jane The Virgin, that I am literally offering right now to do full coverage of the series next year because not only do I have to know exactly what is going on with the show. I need to make sure that other people are made aware of exactly what is going on with the show!
More+
Flag
A show like this aired here (maybe it was also a copy of a Venezuelan original) and I don't think it made a lot of sense. There was no conspiracy though.
Flag
This week there was an accidental vasectomy, so sometimes "shit happens".
Flag
^ And there's the next series The CW will pick up.
Flag
An accidental vasectomy can be reversed with little effort. An accidental impregnation not so much.
Flag
Wrong limbs get cut off too, wrong stuff happens occasionally. It's not about reversibility. People get the wrong meds and die all the time.
Flag
I'll watch The Flash, iZombie and The Messengers. Still don't know about Jane the Virgin.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members