A The Flash Community
Tuesday 8:00 PM on The CW

The CW is coming at you HARD this fall, with new shows about a guy who is really fast and a girl who is really pregnant. Don't ever change, CW!

The network has followed up its 2014-2015 scheduling announcement with trailers for its two new fall shows, and I am now stuffing crow in my face and taking back everything I said about not wanting to see The Flash because the full five-minute trailer is radical and the best trailer for a new show this season. By like 400 miles. 

We're still waiting for first looks at midseason entries iZombie and The Messengers, and will post them right here if they're ever released. 

Buckle up, sprinkle some nutritional yeast on your popcorn, and hit play:

The Flash

And in case you missed it, The CW also released a teaser for The Flash featuring the speedy guy sorta flirting with Oliver Queen in a game of Catch My Arrow, Man in Tights!

Jane the Virgin

I hope you all realize what kind of national treasure we have on your hands with Jane the Virgin. Adapted from a telenovela, it's about a virgin who gets accidentally artificially inseminated. I'm being totally serious. 

Well, is anyone here more excited about Jane the Virgin than The Flash

Upfronts 2014 HQ:
New Shows, Network Schedules, Video Previews, and More

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 12/6/2016

Season 3 : Episode 9

127 Comments
Comments (127)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Well, this Flash trailer is many times better than the earlier one. I think I'll actually watch this show.
Flag
The Flash is sitting at the top of my Need To Watch list. I am still refusing to watch anything to do with Jane the Virgin. It's a stupid premise and I can't believe it's getting a season order but other shows like The Carrie Diaries get cancelled. Ick.
Flag
Love The Flash!!! Jane The Virgin goes on my 'Needs to be Cancelled Right Away' list...
Flag
Aaaah, this doctor who matter-of-factly says "I accidentally inseminated you, NBD." What the hell? Where are lawyers?
Flag
How Jane the Virgin should end - with an abortion.
Flag
Don't you mean accidental abortion?
Flag
It's Dan!
Flag
That trailer wasn't anywhere near as bad as last night's awful teaser, where every single thing looked bad. But there are still problems, still cheesy effects and holes in logic, and I just don't see The Flash as a younger guy, it doesn't really feel like a fit. Maybe it'll work though.
Flag
I just don't get why you can't become a superhero without one or two parental figures dying. I'll give it a shot anyhow.
Flag
The Flash's mom died in the comics I think to give him more motivation as a character as DC led up to Flashpoint, as up until then he'd been a lightweight personality. It was pretty lame IMO, but that's DC's New 52 for ya.
Flag
The Flash looks a lot better than I was expecting, plus I liked the quick nod to Ferris Air.
Flag
The arrow is superb, I'm routing for the Flash. seems like the best tv-shows begins around 2013 - 2014 ^^
Flag
I will admit that the trailer for The Flash looks good.
Flag
That was no trailer...It was a recap.
Flag
it is now clear the original Flash JWS will play Barry's (wrongfully?) imprisoned father. In the comics the Rogues were all powered by technology (except Gorilla Grodd but he used a fair share of gadgets as well) not sure making the meltdown like the kryptonite shower in Smalliville to create "freak of the week" villains is a good choice.. It became very tiresome concept very early in that show. Weather Wizard--meh--would have rather had Captain Cold or Mirror Master in the pilot. Would it be too meta to have Katie's Cassidy's dad David reprise his role as Captain Cold in an Arrow/Flash crossover?
Flag
Woah FLASHH!!!! Now we wait for long time now :(
Flag
who else thinks that Professor Zoom killed barry's mom.
Flag
I'm excited about both The Flash and what's next for Arrow, it's a slow build but he's no longer called the vigilante finally; he's actually called The Arrow now, he has his mask and the facial hair is almost right, we even got a hint of the Canary torch being passed on to Laurel "Dinah" Lance, the one that is actually the Black Canary in the comic books. I think by season 4 Arrow will be dealing with super powered and non super powered threats; depending on how good the Flash is going to do going up against Marvel Agents of Shield (Stupid move CW) I may not like MAOS but it will dilute the auidience.
Flag
Flash would have killed AoS's ratungs if it was on at the same time. Unless you're a Marvel fanboy how could you possibly believe a show set in a comic book universe that features normal people and only includes someone with superpowers once every five or six episodes (if you even count the lame Dethlock they had) could possibly compete with a show centered around one of the greatest DC characters showing off his superspeed every episode while battling a great gallery of rouges?
Flag
The Flash Trailer looks really good, especially since they are coming out the gate with Weather Wizard, but we've been down this road before with The Flash and it only lasted one season (Which I have) Based on how good Arrow has become I have high hopes for the Flash, I also have high hopes for AOS season 2, 90 percent of the season sucked, but those last few episodes they finally found a stride, hopefully this will lead to fixing the mistakes of season one, if Season 2 is like season one I'm not sure if Shield will warrant a season 3 even if ABC is just trying to save face. AOS needs powers and heroes, hopefully they will get with the program next season.
Flag
Actually, they moved SHIELD so it will be up against Supernatural not The Flash.
Flag
That Flash trailer was all that! Can't wait! Is it Fall yet?!
Flag

HERE'S WHAT I THINK OF THE FLASH.......

Flag

HERE'S WHAT I THINK OF JANE THE VIRGIN............

Flag
Jane the Virgin:
Episode 1 - Jane gets pregnant.
Episode 2 - Jane says "what the hell" and has sex.
Episode 3 - Jane has a miscarriage. Show is canceled.

Come to think of it, three episodes is too generous a prediction.

Flag
Yet it won the Emmy!
Flag
And amazingly I still don't care...
Flag
I think the very premise of Jane the Virgin is too gross to ever want to watch it. Inseminated without your consent = Dramedy? Ugh...
Flag
at least I agree with Mr S on sumthin tihs time: the Flash can't come fast enough, also the longer the wait...
Flag
The Flash, it looks good. It looks really good, and I'm super excited to watch it.

I'm just a bit iffy about one thing. I'm not sure I feel good about it introducing superpowers to the 'Arrow Universe'. Like, with the Mirikuru and The Flash's abilities, there's some scientific logic behind it. Not like actual, legitimate scientific logic, but just enough for me to be like okay, I can see how that would kind of make sense. But how are they going to rationalize abilities like controlling the weather? Are we going into straight-up superpower territory? And does this mean that we will be seeing superpowers in Arrow? I hope not. But hey, that's just my opinion.

Like I said, I'm super excited for this show! And any doubts I have will probably change once I see it.
Flag
Just because something happens in the spin off doesn't meant anything about the parent show or any show it crosses over with it.

You didn't see "artifacts" in Eurkea even though it crossed with Warehouse 13
Nor Alphas which crossed over with both

Angel's "powers that be" that were constantly brought up through the whole series had nothing to do with Buffy...

So no... They probably aren't going to add any meta humans to Arrow.
Flag
I've never actually watched any of the shows you mentioned, so this is the first time I've seen a spinoff that has introduced an entirely new concept like this.

But yes, you are probably right that they won't be adding meta humans to Arrow in the future. I feel like it would be very strange move if they did. But even then I think it's a bit weird that these super-powered humans would being appearing in The Flash but not in Arrow considering these two shows are in the same universe. If they exist in Barry's world, why would they not in Oliver's? That being said, I really can't make any judgements about it until the show actually comes out. It might end up not being an issue at all for me personally.
Flag
they've been pretty adamant in saying that they won't go the superpower route with Arrow; a spin off is a spin off and while it's rooted in the same universe, the same instances don't necessarily apply. plus the CW looks like they've got a better hold on their spin off (non super power Arrow with super power Flash) than say, ABC Family with the whole Pretty Little LIars vs. Ravenswood wherein one universe was completely without wiggy spooky stuff and talking ghosts, while the other came out of nowhere and came off as supernatural. that upset a lot of people. CW is handling this concept far better already, simply because the potential for superpowers is there, they just are eschewing them (for now).
Flag
Oh man, I know about that Pretty Little Liars spinoff. I've only watched a bit of those two shows and I thought it was completely and utterly ridiculous. I'm glad you brought that up, because I think that's a good example of what I've been worried is going to happen between Arrow and The Flash. But I definitely agree with you that it seems like the CW is going to handle it pretty well. That's why I'm expecting that any doubts I have will be gone once I see the show. And thinking about it that way: the potential for superpowers now existing in Arrow without them actually being introduced to the show, somehow makes more sense to me. Thank you!!
Flag
I loved the Flash trailer, by the way, but whenever I watch it, the Danny Elfman's 1990 Flash theme plays in my head.
Flag
I think Barry Allen should wait ten years basically learning to use his powers, and then only put on his Flash suit in the last five minutes of the series finale. And then we'll learn how he met his mother. You know, viewers like to have their patience tested. It builds character and makes them better persons.
Flag
Now I can't wait for the fall to see the Flash. It can't come fast enough, pun intended. As for Jane the Virgin, it'll be canceled before she gives birth.
Flag
have to agree with you..... on both cases!!! sad to say but 'jane the virgin' is not going to run so long
Flag
You were wrong The actress won the fucking Emmy!
Flag
I think Jane the Virgin will probably get cancelled but with the CW you never know, "Beauty and the Beast:" was renewed; the mind wobbles
Flag
yes.. but they cancelled tomorrow people, just when things got more interesting
Flag
I peed a little.

Seriously, though, I may be alone in this, but I've always had a thing for the Flash as a superhero, and this looks about as nice as you could expect a Flash show to look. Excited officially.
Flag
That Flash trailer looks amazing and it seems to follow the comic plot really well! Also Arrow cameo in the pilot!!! And omg Jane the virgin who greenlighted this horible show?!
Flag
"Well, is anyone here more excited about Jane the Virgin than The Flash?"

HAHAHA! Yeah, let's weed them out, eh Tim? Nice idea!

Flag
my God the flash!!!!!!
Flag
Please tell me the plot of Jane the Virgin is her suing that doctor and getting lots and lots of money?
Flag
You make a good point
Flag
It's a legal drama!
Flag

The flash trailer looks good. One of his great quirks though is his comedy relief and that is not so transparent it the trailer. Definitely gonna have to see what happens there.

Flag
I think that "Lightning gave me abs" was a good hint of that.
Flag
accidentially artificially cancellatory immediately in a Flash so to speak, bye Jane!
Flag
I Really hope this will be like smallville instead of Arrow with Freak of the week episode and it would be great to have couple smallville writers on this series as well.
Flag
No.... just.. no. No more opinions for you today. Your limited attention span and inability to appreciate a narrative that goes longer than 43 minutes makes your opinion completely invalid.
Flag
You are entitled to your opinion and i am entitled to mine . What makes this place great not everyone will agree with each other . Please don't get me wrong Smallville was awful but awful in an amusing way and i miss it . The problem with Arrow is that first season was excellent but than this current season was all over the place. Let's say we have diffrence of opinion and leave it at that .
Flag
If you want case of the week nonsense switch over to CBS, I hear they've made quite the network of it with CSI, NCIS, Criminal Minds, etc.. Most other networks and shows have learned to make good, quality programming, its best not to cater to the mindless zombies who can't be bothered with learning more than 4 character names or remembering more than 2 significant events in a 22 episode season. And lets not get started on how confusing dual past and present storylines are for most idiots to keep track of...
Flag
I already watch those just for you information. I DISAGREE Most other networks and shows have learned to make good, quality programming if this was case they wouldn't have so many cancelled tv show in Network. It seem to me personally cable shows are more successful than network show. I am not trying to start an argument with you but if you choose respond with me i can't stop you. Why can't you just see not everyone might have same opinion. I watch more complicated shows like House of cards and Scandal which have more complicated storyline than Arrow.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Just to put it out there:

Jane the Virgin will be gone in a flash. muahahaha :D

Ok, that's my bad joke for the day.
Flag
The name "The Flash" has always bothered me, because it's almost "The Flasher". It always makes me think of him running around the city exposing himself, but really quickly. kind of like a camera shutter opening and closing in a split second.
Flag
The flash will get a four episode test, but Jane..sorry girl...shit happens
Flag
Not sure about the premise of Jane the Virgin. So it's basically like a regular plot about a new mom... except maybe with a joke or two now and then about her being a virgin? Not sure how well the virginity aspect will play out over more than an episode. Whatever, I won't be watching anyway.

The Flash -- Not great, but yep, definitely the most fun trailer I've seen for the new batch of shows so far.
Flag
ok amazing!!but i dont like that they act in arrow as if this dos not exists??!!while arrow is in the flash ,so i want the flash in arrow to and more powers

and the fastes man eum think clark kent would beat barry he dos exist in that univers but ok
Flag
Flash is faster than superman both in smallville and comics. i have seen them race around the world a few times in comics. superman can fly faster. but on ground flash is faster than superman.

They dont know about flash in arrow universe yet. but this will open up gates for superpowered people on arrow in coming seasons.
Flag
thats true!! i hope yre right :)
Flag
a) In Arrow up until the finale, Barry is still in a coma. They make several remarks about him over the course of the season, but he still hasn't woken up yet (which will happen in the Flash premiere), hence why we haven't heard about any of this.
b) In this universe, the supernatural does not exist. The creators of Arrow/Flash have explicitly stated they will not be including anything supernatural - no magic (goodbye Zatanna, Dr. Fate, etc etc), no aliens (no Superman, no Zod, no Martian Manhunter), nothing like that. You will never see Wonder Woman, Bizarro, or Grundy either.
Flag
And the makers of Smallville said No Tights No Flights
That didn't last long at all.
Flag
Yes it did. Clark didn't don the outfit until the last episode. He didn't fly until then either.
Flag
Technically it wasn't Clark who was flying in the 4th season opener, at least not in his right mind. They didn't let him fly at will until the series finale and also even when they showed the Superman outfit they never showed him wearing the whole thing, just the "S" on his chest.
Flag
Draconax, beyond the fact that you are wrong (Season 4 opening *WAS* Clark) it doesn't matter.

They didn't say "Clark won't fly at all" They specifically said No Tights No Flights because they made a big deal about them not wanting to look cartoonish

They wanted to make it clear that Smallville wasn't going to be Superboy.

This isn't an opinion, it's a fact. Check out any of the dozens of interviews they gave. They flat out said that.

It's not just that Clark wouldn't be superman, it's that none of the other characters would have them either and including his allies and his enemies.

And they violated that constantly.
Show creators have visions when they make up a show, it's just that overtime those rules get broken. Happens all the time.

Tyra Banks said multiple times no men on America's next top model. That's out the window too...
Flag
Jason, none of those were Clark though. The entire point was that the show was meant to be his journey to becoming the big S. Clark Kent as Superman never donned his outfit, nor flew, until the very finale.
Flag
Either you didn't watch the show or you don't remember it very well.

Even as early as season 2 showed Jor-El (played by Tom Welling) flying off
Season 4 opening had Clark flying around the globe including up Lex's jet that was way up in the air...

And that's just seriously off the top of my head.

There were multiple other instances they violated their own rules and they were mocked for it heavily at the time...
Flag
In smallville Barry actually beat Clark. Of course that was a much younger Superman.
Flag
And yeah, I was thinking about this, as well as in the Justice League animated series. In both, Flash was actually faster than Superman, although I don't know if that's specifically "canon" for DC in general.
Flag
yeah but in smallville barry exists arrow too,all trhee are series from the cw,so dont get it,you dont have to show superman /clark kent in arrow but acting like he dos not exist is silly.

but i think arrow is a good show and think the flash will be amazing dont get me wrong,just find these realistic talk crap

a realistic world with a men who can run so fast he is spinning time back :Pok ...should i be hit with lightning i hope superman is near so i can get his powers haha
Flag
"Accidentally" artificially inseminating someone sounds like nice grounds for a malpractice lawsuit & also a terrible idea for a TV show.
Flag
More baffling, is that jane got chosen over Izombie which got pushed to midseason.
Flag
Do you go for the girl who is knocked up and looking for quick attention with little effort, or do you hold out a little longer for the smart and funny girl who knows just how to appreciate you for your brains? Might as well just wait awhile for the better option to come along.
Flag
Guys, the tomorrow people was not cancelled FOR jane the virgin. It was cancelled because its ratings were low to the point that it wasn't making money. Network executives don't go oh lets cancel this show for this one. If you don't make money or are too expensive, you are cancelled. If you make money, permitting contracts/storyline allow it, you are renewed.
Flag
WOOOoOOooooooooWWWW....can't wait for Flash....COME FALL,COME NOW!!!!
Flag
Jane might be an intersting short shorty, but not a full series.

Flag
Stoked about The Flash. Jane will be gone, soon.
Flag
Jane will be gone in a flash!
Flag
O please let him have the ring that he keeps his suit in
Flag
I always found that to be a ridiculous gadget. Superman never needed his costume stuffed into a ring and he still managed to change into his costume in time, why would a man even faster than Superman need a gimmicky wardrobe shortcut?
Flag
cuz it looks cool lol
Flag
I like that the The Flash seems to be a bit lighter than Arrow, it should make for a nice contrast and I like how this looks a bit more comic book-camp, it should help to set it apart from other shows on the network.

I think with Jane the Virgin I'll have to watch a quartet of instalments to examine the quality of the series before I commit (if only there was a more succinct way of phrasing that).
Flag
i have seen the trailer 6 times now. i have never watched anything more than twice for a long time till now.
Flag
Oh great! I had a great line prepped, but YOU HAD TO CLARIFY! Grrrrr!
Flag
i m talking about flash , not the pregnant virgin.
Flag
Suuuuuure, The Flash you say....
Flag
Thanks for killing the suspense with that clarification.
Flag
Flash is on hell of an Awesomeness but that Jane thing well.... they canceled the Tomorow People for that piece of crap I dont get it. And of course theres also the Izombie thats the other im eager to see!!!!
Flag
To be fair they kept Beauty and the Beast too, so you can't put all the blame on Jane just yet.
Flag
Yeah. but at least the Beauty and the Beast has some carnage and beast fight time to time but that Jane crap IS carnage itself
Flag
The Flash trailer looks so, so good and it just heightened my excitement for the show.
Flag

Seriously? A show about a virgin pregnancy? For why? The CW cancelled the Tomorrow people but this show is OK? Ugh!
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members