A The Flash Community
Tuesday 8:00 PM on The CW (Returning October 4, 2016)

The CW has released the first teaser for The Flash, its new Arrow off-shoot starring Grant Gustin as Barry Allen. The series was officially given the go-ahead last week, but that was only a formality—the series was pretty much guaranteed a spot on The CW's fall schedule from the very moment Gustin's character was introduced in a two-episode arc on Arrow earlier this season. And I'm going to be so bold as to say it was probably guaranteed even before that. 

Anyway, take a gander at the new teaser, which features Arrow's Stephen Amell and his facial hair shooting an arrow at a target. Given that the Flash is known for his speed, you can probably guess what happens next, but press play anyway! 

Is it too early to say this is my new favorite show?

Will you be watching The Flash

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/24/2016

Season 2 : Episode 23

100 Comments
Comments (100)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I knew it!
Have been waiting for barry to come out of his coma and be some kind of hero on Arrow. I hope seeing no felicity meens she ends up with and other hero she likes ;)
Flag
DC fans rejoice (me included). Great times ahead Gotham, The Flash, Arrow Season 3. Yesssssssss

Expecting Gotham and Flash to pass the 4 episode test, the trailers look great.
Flag
I loved the outfit Barry had on at the Ferris testing grounds. Well the outfit was awful but it did have a certain Jesse Chambers\Jesse Quick flavour to it.

(but as the insert image doesn't insert anything you'll have to settle for a link)
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/240/1/c/jesse_quick_by_flick_the_thief-d483es1.png
Flag
LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE IT
Flag

Extended Trailer
Flag
HERE IS THE FULL SONG USED IN THE TRAILER

Flag
The trailer has me even more interested now.
Flag
MORE MORE MORE! more superheroes series pls :)

Flag
I understand why the CW wanted the Flash to be a spin-off of an already successful and established show like Arrow, but I also think it will also limit the show's potential. I've never seen Arrow, as I think it looks awful(just my opinion), so I won't bother giving Flash a chance. I'm a big Flash fan, and I've wanted to see the Scarlet Speedster on tv/film for a long time, but not like this. He deserves so much better than what an Arrow, CW produced spin-off can deliver.
Flag
Personally I'm predicting this to be one of the biggest flops of next year.
I'm sorry, but I can't look at that trailer without laughing on how silly that costume looks.

Superhero costumes just don't look that good in real life. Even the big block busters movies have huge problems making them look decent.

Buffy, Heroes, Alphas, The Tomorrow People etc. All of those shows made their hero wear ordinary cloths and they worked that much better for it.
Arrow\Cape were borderline so they got away with it.

Heck, compare Smallville to any of the other Superman shows...

This looks like something from a kids shows power ranger style.
Flag
I don't think we know enough to make an informed decision on how it will turn out. Hopefully more info will come out, but as I've mentioned before, I'm curious to know what the show is _about_. If it's Barry vs. non-powered villains like Deadshot and Bronze Tiger, no thanks.

Unless it's a heavy tie-in with the comics (do we expect any less from Geoff Johns, who wrote the Flash comics for awhile?), and we get well-rounded villains like Captain Cold and Mirror Master and Heat Wave and Weather Wizard.

Otherwise we're going into Smallville freak-of-the-week (weak?) territory. I'm not sure I want to see that, either.
Flag
Big Bad who killed barry's mom in extended trailer is Professor Zoom. and weather wizard is in the pilot episode.
Flag
are completely right Dr zoom has yellow in red instead of red and yellow so true
Flag
Well the new extended trailer definitely shows super powered villains. AS for the hero of the "weak" I agree with you there and some of that is to be expected. Let's hope they establish a big bad early in the season. Arrow's first season was a lot of villian of the week territory but it's second season was great becawse a few notable villians from the comics had season long arches.
Flag
You should probably give it a chance before writing it off. Arrow was a pleasant surprise to me.
Flag
I actually stopped watching Arrow somewhere in season 1, but the second half of the second season... it is amazing. The only show that kept me interested this year aside from Game of Thrones.
It gets very "realistically dark". It is the second best intertwining of "normal" characters and their respective heroes identities there is, imo anyway. Kind of like in X-men: First Class(which is my first).
Completely different from season 1, you are missing out.
Flag
Alternately, the 90s Flash series is on DVD and probably on the Internet somewhere.
Flag
That said, I'm not sure the 90s series really gives the Flash what he deserves. I'm not sure any live-action series could.

The less said about the Flash in the live-action Justice League pilot movie, the better. ;) Although I have a review of it floating around somewhere.
Flag
You should really give Arrow a chance. Sure it is more real-world-based than comic-based (much like The Dark Knight), so it's not as flashy but also not as campy as Smallville for example.
Flag
Looking good!!!
Flag
That was cheesy but surprisingly efficient. I hadn't been interested in this, but I'll give it the 4 episode test.
Flag
OK you got me :)
Flag
Haha, awesome!!!!!
Flag
They should just do a Wonder Woman series with Kate Upton
Flag
So not Adrianne Palicki then!
Flag
Gal Gadot is crying :(
Flag
not with Grant Gustin as the flash

and i dont think this show will get a chance to survive that long for a second season

i will only watch it if they announce a second season in 2015
Flag
When I first saw the casting choice for the flash on the Arrow i wasn't exactly impressed, and this promo just confirmed my fear that this show will fall like a ton of bricks because of poor casting. Stephen Amell is carrying the Arrow, Grant Gustin will carry the flash to an early grave!
Flag
Only if Felicity stays on Arrow and they have her on occasion guest star, and not a lot of occasions. But I do see it being enjoyable at first. I'll have to read up on the comics. When are they planning on showing it, before or after Arrow or on a completely different day?
Flag
Well that shows you how much I know about running a network
http://www.tv.com/shows/the-originals-2013/community/post/cw-fall-2014-schedule-140012653841/

Flash on Tuesday's with The 100 getting moved up from mid-season to the fall
Flag
My money is on CW initially running it after Arrow to try and keep the audience, and then move it to another day once the show has found it's feet (excuse the pun) giving them a shot at keeping the same audience for two nights
Flag
Will you be watching The Flash?

F Yeah
Flag
pls pls change the costume...
Flag
I can't wait
Flag
best part was definitely the music, sorry I love the Arrow and all but I just think its a bit of dodgy casting and a minor wardrobe disaster. Oh and that song is really a tune!!!
Flag
His suit looks kind of dorky when he's standing still, but the special effects are impressive.
Flag
ABSOLUTELY!!!!
Flag
Does it concern anyone else that he looks like he could share Thea Queen's skinny jeans and would have room to spare? Or that he looks like he would be done after a 400 meter sprint? Not bench the bar? Has smaller legs than Amell's arms? Anyone else.

I am am all for more comic book content. But I am not sure I can suspend my disbelief enough to believe that this guy could be a super hero.
Flag
Just because he has super speed and a red suit, that doesn't make him a super hero... yet. I think it was a conscious decision on the part of the show's writers and creators to not have the character all buff and muscular. At least not right away. He's a geeky scientist who accidentally gains the ability to move really fast. He didn't get injected with a super soldier serum like Captain America. So how exactly would Barry Allen, a skinny guy, get all muscular while lying in a coma for weeks? I'm sure that given a few months with the Arrow as his personal trainer, he'll become suitably buff to better fill out that red suit. :)
Flag
He doesn't need to be buff to be a superhero if you have learned any thing being a superhero isn't measured by the with of your arm its measured by the size of your heart
Flag
He may put on some muscle and I am hoping that he does. But they have known he is going to be The Flash for a few months now and I don't see any increase in muscle mass.
Flag
I wouldn't mind getting in Thea Queens pants... but I don't think that is what you mean!
Flag
I don't know how the show will be but the teaser was fun.
Flag
Who would win in a race: Superman, The Flash, or Turbo The Snail??
Flag
Hmmm that's are hard one I'd have to go with sonic
Flag
in the trailer the guy says to flash that he is no foster than a bullet..superman is faster than a speading bullet..so... here is your answer !
Flag
I believe that The Flash is canonically faster than Superman, so long as Supes remains on the ground. Similarly, Aquaman can swim faster than Supes.
Flag
Not pre-Crisis could Aquaman outswim Superman...

Post-52, who knows. In that, Aquaman seems to (at least temporarily) be able to go head-to-head with Superman.

And in the video game Injustice: Gods Among Us, he can beat up on Superman, even in the story scenes. Then again, so can the Joker and Harley Quinn. I don't think Aquaman is taking the krypto-nanites or whatever, though.
Flag
looks like it can be fun.
Flag
this is probaly gonna be one of my favs,cant wait
Flag
LOL, i can't wait to see how they will introduce the Flash with the Arrow... amazing spin-off
Flag
um, they already have...??
Flag
I know, what i did mean after he wakes up from his coma...
Flag
I'm SO excited to see Grant play The Flash!!!!! :)
Flag

Here's what I think of the Flash trailer.......

Flag
I hope that lightness is part of the show. Flash is not nearly as dark as someone like Oliver (even with a tragic past). I don't read DC anymore so I don't know if he's different, but Barry was more serious and this version seems to mix a little of Barry with the (IMHO) better Wally West Flash.
Flag
Hood and mask became CW trademark for DC heroes. I honestly have mix feelings for latex bodysuit with logo and ornate headpiece. Don't get me wrong, I love the flash in all DC cartoons. But he's better as the funny guy in the group, emphasis on GROUP. Solo act? i dont think so. Havent we learned from justin hartley aquaman disaster?

We'll have to wait and... dont-try-to-blink-for-a-milisecond-because-he-can-be-very-hard-to...see.
Flag
The Flash can do things like travel multiple times the speed of light and do things like the infinite mass punch. He can travel through time and other dimensions. He's pretty much a god. This clip seems to put his speed as that of a fast car?

Arrow has heavily relied on the Superpeople in the DC universe seeming to not exist. If Flash is anything like he is in the comics, Oliver Queen and Co. aren't actually needed. The Flash could easily kill Deathstroke and all his minions in a few seconds at most.
Flag
You're comparing comic book flash with the show flash. They are not the same.

Clark Kent on Smallville wasn't anywhere near the power levels of superman (or superboy). They changed him to be weaker to fix this exact issue.
Flag
all that crazy stuff came in becoz the comics went for years and they obviously had to get more wildly creative etc... it wont feature in the show, def not in the first couple of seasons, until they run out of ideas...
Flag
Since he's new, Barry may not know how fast he can go yet. That may be something the show explores as he gets more familiar with his powers.

Even though he got his powers by science, I wonder if the speed force will factor in.
Flag
If he's as powerful as he is just in this preview, that's enough to stomp all over Deathstroke.
Flag
Like superman and batman? why the hell do batman if superman can do it all? Its like why The hell put agent of SHIELD if Avengers can zap the bad guys? Flash doesn't have to be a god in the show and i bet he will not be. Go and keep reading your comics kid. Leave the show to the interested.
Flag
Shots fired but I'm with Jason the flash moves100 times faster than light he can get there before Ollie even put on the hood to fire the arrow
Flag
The comics have explored those questions before, too. How does a guy with a bow and arrows fit into a world of superpowered criminals? He does what he can because its what heroes do. ANd everyone can't be everywhere at once.
Flag
I dunno about that cowl, but based on the better part of the entire 2nd season of Arrow, this might already be my favourite new superhero show on The CW
Flag
Arrows aren't really that fast in the scheme of things. It's not like he's stopping a bullet.

I do like that they went with an original short for a preview instead of the usual episode clips.
Flag
Fanboy fandom here to chime in. Arrow, Flash, and Gotham? I don't think I've ever been this excited for an upcoming season. Closest would have been a decade ago with Smallville and Birds of Prey.
Flag
And Agent Carter, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, & The Defenders. Unbelievable time for superhero comic book fans!
Flag
Other than Agent Carter, I thought all the rest are up in the air? They were officially greenlit? Cause they didn't appear in the fall scheduele
Flag
Marvel signed a huge deal with Netflix. They are 13 episode "event series". They are casting and writing now. Netflix is going to spread them out over a few years. Daredevil due out in 2015. My guess is they will drop another, every 6-9 months or so. Leading to The Defenders miniseries sometime in 2017. This will give them the option, of having Dr. Strange make an appearance(s) or cameo, since his movie will have been out by then.
Flag
Ah, it's on Netflix. Thought it was for the networks.

My bad then.
Flag
The Defenders is 8 episodes, the rest are 13.
Flag
Don't forget Constantine.
Flag
Constantine & iZombie are supernatural characters, not superheroes. Out of all the shows left to debut this year, that i know about, Constantine is the one i most look forward to.
Flag
BoP sucks. I cant even go beyond the pilot. Thank goodness Arrow made some amends.
Flag
Meh, I've seen faster
Flag
Oh, wow, this pretty much rocks.
Flag
ewww!
It seems exactly what I feared it would be

I maintain that just because you can, doesn't mean you should...still, I can completely see where fanboy fandom will gush about it like blood from a slit throat that's totally hyper on candy
Flag
That looks pretty cool actually, even if the trailer was a complete cheesefest. I was wondering what sort of CGI they would be using to showcase the kind of speeds he would be moving at. Looks pretty solid. Consider me hyped!
Flag
#dontblink is for weeping angels 'cmon CW
Flag
Could the Flash outrun a weeping angel?
Flag
Staff
THANK YOU.
Flag
I don't know if you have noticed but the producers of Arrow are HUGE fans of Doctor Who (look at their casting choices.) Even in tonight's episode John Barrowman brought a little Captain Jack Harkness out with his "resurrection." They have even attempted to get Matt Smith to play a role but scheduling conflicts prevented it. To me it totally makes sense that the producers would chose this tagline considering all the "in" jokes they have towards DW.
Flag
Thank you! Producers of Arrow seem to see eye-to-eye with me and my fandoms. They use a lot of my favourite people! John Barrowman, River Song, Simon Tam, Summer Glau, Lincoln Lee, Paul Ballard... to name a few. So I think they're allowed to use "Don't Blink" as a tagline -- it's cute.

Btw, I use character names rather than actor names because that's how I best remember them (save for John Barrowman and Summer Glau).
Flag
Haha Arrow truly does to tap the Whedonverse/Doctor Who casting pool, and the cast is all the better for it
Flag
Follow this Show
Members