A The Flash Community
Tuesday 8:00 PM on The CW (Returning January 24, 2017)

The CW has announced premiere dates for its fall schedule, on the heels of announcements by NBC and Fox earlier this week. Once again the network will wait until October and follow a staggered release plan.

Kicking things off on Tuesday, October 4 at 8pm will be the third season of The Flashwhich will be followed by the series premiere of the new hourlong comedy No Tomorrow starring Galavant's Joshua Sasse as a man who believes the end of the world is imminent and teaches Tori Anderson's Evie to seize the day.

On Wednesday, October 5, Arrow will return for its fifth season ahead of the series debut of Frequency, a remake of the 2000 film of the same name starring CW alum Peyton List. The following week, on Monday, October 10, Supergirl will make her anticipated C-Dubs debut at 8pm before leading into an encore presentation of No Tomorrow. A week later, Jane The Virgin will return for Season 3 and reveal Michael's fate.

Meanwhile, the second season of DC's Legends of Tomorrow will debut Thursday, October 13 followed by the twelfth (yes, twelfth) season of the Winchesters saving people and hunting things on Supernatural at 9pm. The Brothers Salvatore of The Vampire Diaries will then embark on their eighth season beginning Friday, October 21 ahead of the sophomore season debut of the low-rated but critically adored musical comedy Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.

And in non-scripted fare, the network will also once again air the four-hour iHeartRadio Music Festival over two nights beginning Thursday, October 6 at 8pm.

The CW's full fall schedule is below. New shows are in ALL CAPS.

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 4

8-9pm: The Flash (Season 3 premiere)

9-10pm: NO TOMORROW (Series premiere)

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 5

8-9pm: Arrow (Season 5 premiere)

9-10pm: FREQUENCY (Series premiere)

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 6

8-10pm: iHeartRadio Music Festival Night 1

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 7

8-10pm: iHeartRadio Music Festival Night 2 

Monday, October 10

8-9pm: Supergirl (Season 2 premiere)

9-10pm: No Tomorrow (Encore of premiere)

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 13

8-9pm: DC's Legends of Tomorrow (Season 2 premiere)

9-10pm: Supernatural (Season 12 premiere)

MONDAY, OCTOBER 17

8-9pm: Supergirl (original episode)

9-10pm: Jane the Virgin (Season 3 premiere)

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 21

8-9pm: The Vampire Diaries (Season 8 premiere)

9-10pm: Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (Season 2 premiere)

Returning series iZombieThe 100, The Originals, and Reign will all return at midseason alongside freshman drama Riverdale.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 12/6/2016

Season 3 : Episode 9

Next Episode

AIRS ON 1/24/2017

Season 3 : Episode 10

68 Comments
Comments (68)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I expected Reign to be pushed back to midseason, that was a given... But I'm pretty bummed I gotta wait til midseason to watch IZombie and The Originals...
Flag
Still bitter about The Originals getting postponed!!
Flag
Does no one here watch Crazy Ex-Girlfriend? It's seriously a pretty good show.
Flag
"the network will also once again air the four-hour iHeartRadio Music Festival over two nights"

These are never not terrible. Just the promos alone are painful.

"Featuring MILEY CYRUS! JUSTIN BIEBER! And...some other people!"
Flag
Two nights of musicians who only matter to the media.
Flag
Like I Zombie,the 100 and Reign
Flag
Well I am looking forward to iZombie, The 100,

Curious about the new shows NO TOMORROW & FREQUENCY

Probably will watch The Flash and Supergirl

If there is nothing more interesting will see how DC's Legends of Tomorrow is doing.

The rest I am not really interested.
Flag
It's all about the Vampire Diaries for me. With the strong likelihood of this being the last season, I'm really hoping they'll go out with guns blazing. Last season featured zero costume balls so they should have twice as many this season, just to balance out the fact they can no longer feature rampant under-age drinking.

I've followed Supernatural for eleven years now so the season premiere for that basically feels like coming home. iZombie and Jane the Virgin are both great so I'm definitely watching them as well. Frequency might be interesting so I'll give that a couple of episodes, provided it doesn't go for the serial killer route. I've tried watching Arrow and the Flash and couldn't really get into either one of them but now I'm wondering if I should give Supergirl a chance.

And if there's time from all this TV watching, maybe I'll do some actual work, too...
Flag
I demand weekly costume balls and SO MANY FLASHBACK WIGS!
Flag
After that finale I think this is the first time I'm not pumped for the return of Supernatural. Looking forward to The Flash though (desite it's 'cliffhanger') and still hoping Arrow can find it's way back to season 2 quality (although I'm beginning to think it was a fluke ;)
Flag
To me The 100 is the only can't miss series the CW has to offer. The Flash and Arrow are ok, but everything else is just too light weight and stupid. They just can't compete with cable and Netflix programming...
Flag
Nothing on the list for me. That makes the CW only slightly worse off than NBC and ABC.
Flag
DC's Legends of Tomorrow and The Flash YES! big fun.
The 100 : one of the best TV shows !
Arrow... how does this show still around is a mystery.
Flag
No Orphan Black finale write up Kaitlin?
Flag
Seriously, it should not have dropped off her or this site's radar.
Flag
Hoping Supergirl and Legends end at the midseason. (Hoping Arrow ends altogether after season 5.)
Flag
You listed Arrow as airing between 8 to 7pm???
Flag
8 Eastern 7 Central - 8/7c.
Flag
Talk about embarrassing lol.
Flag
The CW. In the Fall I'll watch the Very Good SUPERGIRL. Mid-season the Very Good THE 100. Also the Very Good REIGN. Of these 3, I like SUPERGIRL the best.
Flag
So my 3 favorite shows are the furthest away...Fuck you 100, Originals and Izombie.
Flag
The Flash & Jane the Virgin! iZombie, The 100, & Riverdale midseason!
Flag
I am looking forward to most of the schedule :)

I think 90% of the Broadcast shows I watch from America come from the CW.

Top of the list is Jane the Virgin, The Flash and iZombie although I am really keen on Frequency so looking forward to that too
Flag
I still like The Flash, but have given up on Arrow. Really I'm most looking forward to iZombie.
Flag
I was shocked that Arrow is only on Season 5... this past season was so plodding I guess it aged 2 years in my mind. And then I gave up.
Flag
Same here, Arrow got boring.
Flag
At first I was baffled by the idea of splitting the premieres across 2 weeks, but then I realized it maximizes attention for the network. Hopefully that doesn't affect crossovers with timing issues later in the season.
Flag
izombie and crazy ex-girlfriend. I'm looking forward to supergirl less now that it's on the cw. I'm dreading the idea of it becoming more like the flash and arrow.
Flag
IZombie, mostly, Supernatural is always fun to watch, and The Flash, well, i'm not as excited as i used to about that one, but yeah, i just hope they don't make a mess as they did with the Zoom arc =P
Flag
So many shows to watch. I think I watch the CW more than any other network and I might also check out their new show Frequency so I'll need to figure out when I will watch all this stuff.
Flag
Mmm that's the comforting feeling of CW saying "hi we're back just let fo and enjoy our embrace!" Well except for iZombie being at midseason just give it to us now and I'll be happy... If you could also chuck in the lottery numbers that would be great as well!!!
Flag
that's kind of a confusing schedule lol if Supergirl premieres October 10th, why does it have to say original episode for the next week? it's not like it's moving day or time lol
Flag
It's possible the season 1 finale is being aired on CW on the 10th. Since it's moving networks it's possible in their minds that some won't have seen the finale. (If there are then it would be relatively few.) And it makes more sense to air it on CW than to air it on CBS. Although I believe when JAG moved from NBC to CBS they aired reruns of the entire first season over the summer on CBS.
Flag
Because CW slated a repeat of No Tomorrow pilot post Supergirl on October 10th, then Jane comes Oct 17.
Airing with a repeat is not really a good idea.
Flag
I don't see why they need to promote the encore anyway, so it's doubly crazy lol that should be done with listings and on air promo spots, not with a press release about when the season starts.
Flag
I think they really want it to succeed. LOL
Flag
iZombie is one of my favorite things on TV and now I have to wait until midseason for it (and Reign) and I think I will always kind of hate you for this, CW.
Flag
yeah the only way they could make this up to me is if they give the show the exact number of episodes they want to tell the story that they want.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members