A The Flash Community
Tuesday 8:00 PM on The CW (Returning October 4, 2016)

Robbie Amell has joined the cast of The Flash in a recurring role.

The Tomorrow People alum, who is the real-life cousin of Arrow star Stephen Amell, will play Ronnie Raymond, better known in the DC Comics universe as half of Firestorm. On The Flash, Ronnie is a maintenance worker at S.T.A.R. Labs and Dr. Caitlin Snow's (Danielle Panabaker) fiancé, whose fate is more complicated than first imagined. Ronnie plays an integral part in the particle accelerator accident that transforms Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) into The Flash.

"Geoff Johns, Andrew Kreisberg, and myself designed the pilot and series to include Ronnie (a.k.a.  Firestorm)—and to actually have someone with Robbie's talent playing the role is beyond exciting," executive producer Greg Berlanti said in a statement. "We can't wait for viewers and fans of the character to check it out." 

Amell, who will first appear in the series' third episode, added: "I'm so excited to join forces with Greg Berlanti and The CW again on The Flash. Being brought into the DC Universe is a dream, I can't wait to get started!

Interesting fact: In the comics, Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards) is the stepmother of Ronnie Raymond.

The Flash premieres Tuesday, October 7 at 9pm on The CW.

TV.com's 2014 Fall Preview:
New Shows, Network Schedules, Trailers, and More

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/24/2016

Season 2 : Episode 23

28 Comments
Comments (28)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Robbie needs to go away. I didn't like him on Tomorrow People and I probably won't like him on Flash either. :(
Flag
Who's playin the Flash again, Jorge Garcia?
The Tomorrow People lost me after a couple of episodes. Very sophomoric. I'm hoping The Flash is closer to Arrow quality than Butterball.
Flag
Oh k, so Robbie Amell got a new gig, and he was the worst in The Tomorrow People. What about Luke Mitchell? If he is not shirtless on my screen within the next season of television, I may never watch television again. Or I will be most disappointed.
Flag
I'm a dude and straight and I loved Luke Mitchell. The man was awesome and deserves either his own show or a major role in Arrow or Flash. Hell I'll accept him on VD or Originals.
Flag
I didn't really like Amell on The Tomorrow People butI know he has acting chops because I loved his character on 1600 Penn. Unless he takes himself too seriously, I could see Robbie Amell being a good addition to this cast of the more "campy", than Arrow, Flash show.
Flag
Amell was soooooooo dull on Tomorrow people, but he was just fantastic on 1600 Penn. Can they make this version of Firestorm be realllllllly dumb or is Robbie gonna stumble through this role too?
Flag
Amell was one of the highlights on The Tomorrow People, so I won't mind him being on The Flash. It should be quite interesting to see how it all turns out.
Flag
This puts a new spin on the Killer Frost/Firestorm relationship. Getting close to a TV JLA between arrow, flash, firestorm, and atom
Flag
that's good news...now they have to find a seriez 4

Luke Mitchell too...(i miss the 2moro ppl)

Flag
I'd rather CW have just kept The Tomorrow People.. but whatever. doesn't surprise me they snatched him up for another of their shows though.
Flag
Yayyyyy!!!
Flag
Awesome. I wonder if they'll acknowledge the Ronnie/Ollie physical resemblance. Perhaps he could be Robert's illegitimate son? Moira did say he'd stepped out more than once.

Alright, CW, now it's time to get Luke Mitchell and Aaron Yoo jobs. Maybe Luke could be Hal and Aaron could be... I don't know, The Ray?
Flag
Nope, put Luke on a show I would be able to watch.
Flag
Whoa, hey. What's your beef with Flash?
Flag
Eh, I'm sure it's gonna be fine in its own way but I never managed to like Arrow so I guess that immediately excludes me from potential Flash audience.
Flag
I thought they were brothers.

Jury is still out on his talent. He needs to experience and learn, as he is not a natural.
Flag
I wasn't very impressed with him on The Tomorrow People. However, that could just have been because of the show's terrible writing.

So, I'm interested in seeing how he does here. Especially since the pilot for The Flash was pretty awesome.
Flag
I didn't think anyone looked particularly good on TTP, but he was far from the worst on that show.
Flag
"someone with Robbie's talent"? Seriously? That man has no talent. Can we cast the actor who played Luke in Tomorrow People for some role?
Flag
Pretty sure Luke played John, but yeah, really hope we'll be seeing more of him, and by more, I mostly just mean more than Robbie. Would love to see Aaron Yoo and Madeleine Mantock on TV more too! Peyton List could spend some time with Robbie in some acting classes before we see more of either of them....
Flag
I wonder if he'll cross over into his cousin's show.
Flag
well , seeing in the comic , Firestorm ( Ronnie Raymond ) is the stepson of Felicity Smoak

but the story here may change
Flag
Yeah on the Arrow show Felicity isn't old enough to have a stepson that old unless she married some guy that's around 50.
Flag
Will he play a teenager again?
Flag
He's a maintenance worker, so the youngest he could possibly be is 18, assuming he'd had absolutely no training prior to getting the job. Considering how he's supposed to be the fiancee of someone with a doctorate, I'm guessing he's gonna have to at least be in his mid 20s.
Flag
*fiance
Flag
I hope not. He didn't do that very well.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members