A The Flash Community
Tuesday 8:00 PM on The CW (Returning October 10, 2017)

If Season 2 of The Flash follows Season 1's pattern, we'll have our answer at the end of the midseason finale. Until then, here are some of the most likely (or unlikely) candidates:

(Note: Just to be clear, the number following each refers to which Earth they are from--in case you haven't read any other posts that use it.)

*Possible Spoilers ahead*

Barry Allen-2

Pro: It would be a variation on the idea from last season that the Reverse Flash was the reverse of Barry, so Zoom could be Barry. It would also fit with some things that Wells-2 has said/alluded to: that he is confident that Barry (unlike Jay) can eventually beat Zoom, that he himself created Zoom (as Wells-1 had said last season about Barry), and his immediate assertion that Barry is stronger and faster than Jay, even without having put that idea to the test on Earth One. Also, choreography-wise, it wouldn't be the first time that the EP's have had a character fight himself (Arrow).

Con: Barry-2 would have to be way more bulked up to fill out Zoom's suit. Also, Wells-2 could just as easily be lying to instigate Barry into fighting Zoom prematurely so that Wells-2 can free his daughter (either by giving Zoom the victory he wants or by intending to somehow trap Zoom on Earth One),

Henry Allen-2

Pro: Perhaps on Earth Two, Henry-2 really did kill his wife (and maybe even his son). Or maybe there too Wells-2 did it, providing the push for Henry to become dark. It would also be a huge obstacle for Barry to overcome, to have to in essence fight his own father, especially since he has spent so much of his life fighting for him. Plus, there would be the fun element for John Wesley Shipp to suit up as a speedster (he was the 1990's TV Flash) and especially Zoom (he was the voice of Zoom on Batman: The Brave and the Bold).

Con: John Wesley Shipp is not currently listed as a regular this season, and the writers seemed to want to move him out of the way very early on in order to continue to reinforce Joe as Barry's father figure.

Joe West-2

Pro: Again, the father figure conflict provides a spin on things built in season one, and would be extremely challenging for Barry to overcome. Plus, Zoom kidnapped Wells-2's daughter, so perhaps Wells-2 was responsible for Iris-2's death. Jesse L Martin definitely is big enough to fill out the suit. Zoom also appears to be very dark-sinned around the eyes, although that could be makeup. To top it off, if iris-2 is alive, then in this case she likely could have been raised by her mother, explaining the reason behind the writers having Francine-1 just pop back into Iris-1's life. (Also, Tony Todd, the actor currently portraying Zoom (at least the voice), is African American.)

Con: Wells-2 didn't seem to react much to Joe-1. Also, while Jesse L Martin is big enough to fill out the suit, he'd have to suck in or lose the midsection a little more (unless he only seems to have a gut in some shots).

Joe West Jr.-2

Pro: Add to the Joe Sr. reasons the dynamic of forcing Iris to reveal her mother's big secret to Joe, and you have all the makings of a typical CW Arrowverse secrets-are-bad plotline. You also have a setup for the old "surrogate son vs. real abandoned/darker son" conflict between Barry and Joe Jr. (a la Dick Grayson vs. Damian Wayne, Michael Knight vs. Garth Knight, etc.)

Con: Do we really need another new introduction, with Wally West and others still to come? While Iris's brother exists (at least on Earth One), there really hasn't been that much buildup to have there be a lot of emotional conflict here.

Harrison Wells-2

Pro: He created Zoom (although he denied it at first). He's supposedly not a speedster, but knows how to do a speed mirage (and the camera deliberately caught Cisco's reaction to that fact). The power generated by his weapon was blue, just like Zoom's power, and he was wearing black clothes at the time. Also, it would play into the old fool-me-once line.

Con: It would ultimately be redundant, and not a big (or fun) surprise. (Although Tom Cavanagh is obviously having such a blast doing variations on his role, that at least it wouldn't be unwatchable.) But explaining the trick behind the kidnapping, etc., would be a bit of a stretch even for The Flash.

Eobard Thawne-2

Pro: Eobard would be consistently an evil, time-travelling speedster who is obsessed with killing the Flash in either world to prove he is the fastest.

Con: Matt Letscher's Eobard was never really established in season 1 as separate from the Tom Cavanagh version, so it'd be asking a bit from the viewers to jump right into watching a separate Eobard. Unless of course Eobard-2 is again someone else. But it would be redundant to have him as the villain again.

Eddie Thawne-2

Pro: It would be one doppleganger we haven't seen yet.

Con: Iris and Joe have moved on from Eddie-1. We can hope that the writers wouldn't resort to recycling yet another melodramatic plotline (it does not work at all on Arrow). Plus, I'm not sure, but I don't recall Eddie being the right size for the suit.

Ronnie Raymond-2

Pro: Same as Eddie-2. Plus it would almost certainly lead into the Killer Frost storyline.

Con: Same as Eddie-2. Also, with Ronnie-1's fate being uncertain already, it isn't necessary for Zoom to be Ronnie-2 to bring about the Killer Frost storyline.

Wally West-2

Pro: He (and/or Wally-1) is a speedster (or will be). We know nothing about him yet in the show's storyline five eps in, yet he's slated to be in half of the episodes this season.

Con: We know nothing about him yet.

Damien Darhk-2 (or other Arrow character-2)

Pro: Damien can do mystical things and therefore his Earth Two counterpart might be able to combine that with being a speedster (i.e. when he took Jay's speed).

Con: Crossovers are one thing, but this kind of overlap would imply that The Flash cannot stand on its own, which it clearly proved that it could in season 1.

Someone altogether new

Pro: This would definitely make Zoom even more mysterious and formidable, since the team would have no point of reference for knowing any insider info that they could use against him. It would also parallel the chaos being created in Star City by Damien Darhk, who just basically loves being evil, and who as far as we know is not connected to Oliver. (EDIT: The show teased Hunter Zolomon when Wells-2 commented that Zoom has "hunted" Jay. As with Eobard last season, though, that wouldn't necessarily mean there isn't a familiar face under the mask.)

Con: It would lack the emotional heft of having it be the doppleganger of someone close. Malcolm and Slade worked well on Arrow as big bads because of their connection to Oliver, while the RAG plotline seemed detached and convoluted. (And while Damian Darhk may not be connected to Oliver, he provides at least some emotional impact because he is directly connected to Diggle's backstory.)

So what's your theory? Who's your favorite pick (or top two)?

79 Comments
Comments (79)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Feb 21, 2016
My theory, since it's fits perfectly:

Zoom is a Earth2-Future Jay, who is addicted to speed / the velocity serum.
The Man in the Mask is Present Earth 2 Jay Garrick, that's what he desperatly wanted to tell Barry in the prison.

Future Jay has played everybody. He was never "really" seen with Zoom, not to mention that nearly all information we have about Zoom comes from him.

That's what (most likely) happened:
After years of velocity consumption, his cells started deteriorating, so he travelled back in time to get "pure" cells / speed from his younger self. Obviously he couldn't kill himself, so he holds Present-Jay prison and covers up his identity. Exploring the wormhole, he also wanted to take barrys speed and saw an opportunity to fix his Velocity-Problem. So he sent them Wells, as "Speed Expert" on Earth-2 (Zoom/ Future Jay couldn't possibly know about Thawne-Wells' Past with Earth-1 Barry) and also, as a Diversion. Jesse's Kidnapping was also a diversion, to cover the true purpose of Well's mission:
Stealing Speed and more importantly, giving Future Jay the opportunity to further develop the Velocity-Serum with Caitlin's help.
But - as we've seen last week, he can't be everywhere. Jay was missing on Geomancer's Attack on Earth-1, wenn Barry confronted Zoom on Earth-2. Coincidence? I think not.

Caitlins crush on him was also a nice coincidence for Future Jay / Zoom. She perfected Well's Velocity-Serum, even repaired the cellular damage it caused. That's why Future Jay / Zoom decided to end his little game and fake his own death - taking the Velocity 10 Research with him, of course.

What do you think about this theory?
More+
Flag
Nov 18, 2015
And, right after the big smackdown from Zoom, we'd like to welcome Mr. Henry Allen back to the show ...

Flag
Nov 14, 2015
For me, Zoom is Eddie Thawne, The Flash S02E06 When Zoom vs with Barry, Barry ask Zoom, you want to defeat me? you want to be hero? Zoom said The Hero is die. Remember in the last episode of season 1 Eddie shoot his chest and he said he is a Hero. one more think check Zoom's eyes and Eddie's eye look very close.but will something happen to him. But what i don't know, in earth 2 already have zoom before Barry run back in time to help his mother .
Flag
Nov 13, 2015
I may be the only one with this theory - but I think it's Eddie from EARTH ONE. I think when he shot himself and got erased from time he actually became "one with the speed force" or something.. a "Speed demon" if you will. So now he's back, driven insane, to get revenge on Barry. Real Darth Vader like.
Flag
Dec 16, 2015
That should not work--entering the Speed Force can only be accomplished by a speedster, almost exclusively those whose speed comes from the Speed Force. It acts as an afterlife for speedsters.

The idea it is someone who entered the Speed Force, though, is valid as they have modeled Zoom's look on the Black Flash, who is like death for speedsters, and can borrow speed. Of course, the Wally West Flash also could borrow speed . . .
Flag
Nov 13, 2015
You're not the only one with that theory (see below)--the biggest issue with that is the fact that Zoom knocked Jay's helmet through the wormhole before Eddie-1 died and was dragged into it.

Flag
Nov 11, 2015
I really want it to be someone "random" and "new".
Just a civilian like Barry was pre-particle accelerator, who got his speed from a similar "accident", rather than being keen on being a hero as Barry did, he went evil.
There is no revenge plot for Zoom, there is just the fact that he found out that the more speedsters across different dimensions he takes out, the faster he gets.
Power hungry, that is all.
Just a villain, a fucking tough villain. One that needs Barry dead for power, not for revenge or emotional closure or whatever.

This is a show based on comic books though, and as much as I love this genre, it is bloody rare that two characters can be enemies without being attached by an emotional past.
Flag
Nov 11, 2015
Plus, it's the CW. Can't be on the CW without almost always choosing (melo)drama over any other option.

Flag
Nov 11, 2015
Wells-2's "or was" comment about Zoom in tonight's ep reopened the possibility that Zoom's physique is altered/enhanced versus his original Earth Two human identity, reopening some of the possibilities.

His insistence that he'd strongly believed that Barry could help him stop Zoom seems to imply that there is still some connection or parallel between Zoom's identity and Barry's Earth One life, or at least that he somehow gained knowledge of Barry-1 before breaching. Otherwise, how would he have come to such a strong belief that he was willing to put his daughter's life on the line for it?
Flag
Nov 10, 2015
I think its most probably Eddie Thawne 2. It'll make an interesting plot point because Eddie is actually the real person who killed Eobard when you think about it, so Barry owes him. Plus We saw Eddie 1's body go through the wormwhole so that may be the reason Zoom wants to kill Flash so badly. He might have seen Earth 1's version of himself dead and freaked out.
Flag
Nov 10, 2015
It would make for a double-reverse (pardon the pun) of sorts, to have the one who was the big bad in S1 be the one (from Earth Two) who actually helps in S2, and the one who was teased to have been bad (but actually saved the day) in S1 be the one (from Earth Two) who turns out to be the big bad.

Flag
Nov 08, 2015
That's a rather exhaustive list, well put together.

I hope (possibly against hope) that it's someone we actually aren't all that familiar with. Otherwise it would mean that The Flash is trying to use the same trick during its sophomore season as it had utilized during the initial run - recycle an already existing character/actor, except that in this case it would be just another version of such.

But in all likeness it's probably one of Barry's fathers, alternatively one of the younger guys like Cisco, Eddie, or Barry himself. Except I'm not especially convinced that the last two would have the correct body size (then again, why should such "trivial" things stop a brave writing team, right?).

I suppose there is also a chance that Zoom is actually this morphed being, merely taking on a human form. Perhaps someone who used to be a human once, now irreversibly fused with the dark matter. This way there would be no need for there to be any real, recognizable face under that mask - only a distorted visage. It might even fit with that whole "speed demon" theme they seem to be going for.
Flag
Nov 08, 2015
It would be interesting to have the person be permanently disfigured by the dark matter, although I have a feeling that it's just the familiar (disappearing) black eye makeup in the photo that @Gully_Foyle posted. (You know, the stuff that it's still silly that Laurel never wears, despite having a very public face.) I had even considered the possibility that the suit was fused to the person or somehow not just a suit--until I saw the zipper, of course.

Morphing would technically be cheating when it came to calling yourself the fastest (but I suppose you could say since when has cheating ever bothered a villain?).

Flag
Nov 07, 2015
There is a crazy amount of circumstantial evidence that it is, in fact, Earth-1 Eddie Thawne. Yes, I said Earth ONE Eddie.

1. Eddie's body was sucked into the singularity breach at the end of season 1. Zoom can travel through breaches at will. Not to mention this isn't the first time that the STAR Labs particle accelerator gave someone super powers.

2. Zoom can steal Speed Force from other speedsters. This is a trait shared by comic book character Cobalt Blue, a character Eddie shares a lot of similarities with including similar names (Malcolm Thawne), Eddie's affinity for wearing blue constantly, and both wear a talisman around their neck (confirmed by Rick Cosnett in an interview to be a Thawne family heirloom). Eddie was also sucked into the singularity with time machine wreckage plates covered in cobalt resin.

3. Zoom also shares traits with The Rival, Jay Garrick's personal Reverse Flash. The Rival wears a dark version of Flash's costume (much like this Zoom) and his real name is Dr. EDWARD Clariss. Combine the first name of The Rival and last name of Cobalt Blue and you get Edward Thawne.

4. Zoom in the comics was a former friend of the Flash and police officer named Hunter Zolomon. Eddie is a former friend of the Flash and a police officer.

5. Whoever this Zoom is, he seems to have a connection with Earth-1 Flash. His costume is a black version of Barry's, not Jay's. Plus, as established in this week's episode, Zoom knows Barry Allen is Earth-1's Flash. He sent Earth-2 Linda Park over knowing Earth-1 Linda dated with Barry. He knew this would throw him for a loop.

6. Also, this implies he knows of Barry's past romances, as Linda and Barry had broken up long before the singularity ripped a hole between realities. That's pretty intimate knowledge of Barry's life, and Eddie Thawne and Iris did double date with Barry and Linda...

The list goes on. Evidence points to Eddie being Zoom, and Zoom being an amalgam of multiple villains from the Flash rogues gallery. While I could be wrong about my hypothesis, the evidence pointing to Eddie is far more compelling than people comparing eyes and heights of Zoom to other actors on the show (it could be a stunt double for example, as Reverse-Flash was in his first appearance last season). There's not nearly as much evidence pointing to it being an alternate Barry or Henry Allen beyond shots in the dark.
More+
Flag
Nov 08, 2015
3. From what I understand, they named Eddie that way deliberately last season as one part red herring, one part hint at Reverse-Flash's real name.

You'd need to account for Zoom knocking Jay's helmet into the wormhole before Eddie-1 went through (much less died).

Flag
Nov 07, 2015
Gotta love any theory that is the equivalent of saying 2 + 2 = a duck
Flag
Nov 07, 2015
There are just so many candidates and each so difficult to bet on. I guess it would be somebody totally different and new but a familar face would be dramatic
Flag
Nov 07, 2015
Can't be Barry-2, if they eventually show him without the mask they would have to edit his head onto that body and it wouldn't look right.
Flag
Nov 08, 2015
Remember that Wells-1 looked way bulkier in the Reverse-Flash suit than in street clothes. (Plus, someone can always beef up--they just can't grow taller.)

Flag
Nov 07, 2015
I say dr Edward Clariss. Jay Garrick's original nemesis, aka "the rival" and -- later on -- reverse flash. Or possibly Zolomon.
Flag
Nov 06, 2015
I say it is Jason Todd... Look it up... you won't be disappointed
Flag
Nov 06, 2015
Inline image 2
First it was the eyes, then .... the body language is identical. Drops mic.
Inline image 1
Flag
Nov 06, 2015
Well, short of very fancy camera tricks, we can probably move Wally West-2 down the list.

Want to know the current most searched-for item regarding Keiynan Lonsdale on Google? His height! Other actors have age or other aspects of their personal life, but the thing people want to know the most about Keiynan would appear to be the rule-out feature of Zoom.

Answer: Keiynan is 5'8", a full six inches shorter than Grant Gustin (Barry), and even four inches shorter than Tom Cavanagh (Wells/Reverse-Flash). So again, short of fancy camera angles, it would appear that Wally West-2 is not Zoom.

The remaining male heights:

Grant Gustin (Barry-2): 6'2"
Teddy Sears (Jay): 6'3"
John Wesley Shipp (Henry-2): 6'1"
Jesse L Martin (Joe-2): 6'2"
Tom Cavanagh (Wells-2): 6'0"
Rick Cosnett (Eddie): 5'11"

and, since @Gully_Foyle put him out there, Teddy Sears (Jay): 6'3"

Any of these could be made to look taller/shorter than the others by the camera, but only some resemble the guy in the suit in the newly-released photo from the CW that @Gully_Foyle posted below--unless as noted, it's a stunt double.

Flag
Nov 06, 2015
Just to round it out:

Robbie Amell (Ronnie-2): 5'11".

Matt Letscher's (Eobard) height is not given (on the major sites), but it is the most searched-for item on him as well.

Flag
Nov 06, 2015
My candidate is either Joe 2 or Henry 2 but I lean more for Joe 2 Its probably because the voice is Tony Todd but I believe Zoom is African-American.

The build of the body is also bulky like Joe.

Flag
Nov 06, 2015
Keep in mind though that Reverse-Flash's build was bulkier than Tom Cavanagh's (I just checked that last night)--the height would seem to be the biggest factor, although that only rules out a few of the male characters.

Flag
Nov 06, 2015
I Think its Berry-2
-As in the 1st season last episode when berry was about to go back in time to stop Reverse FLASH from killing his mother..
-he saw some memories and stuff
-in one of them HE WAS handcuffed and was talking wid someone
so i guess maybe Berry-2 is the
z00m
(or NOT) :p
waiting to ssee what happens next :)
Flag
Nov 06, 2015
Nice point about the handcuffs.

If Zoom is Barry-2 and saw that Barry-1 is his doppleganger, rather than kill him, why not commit murder as him, and let Barry-1 be taken down by his coworkers for the crime?

Flag
Nov 06, 2015
CW have released some promo stills from "Enter Zoom" including

If you take a very close look at the eyes there are a couple of things that stand out about the man in the suit. Underneath the black make up there are tiny bits of white skin showing through. And they also have green(-ish) eyes.
So that crosses the West family off the list and Tom Cavanagh has decidedly blue eyes so forget about Harry. However Teddy Sears and Grant Gustin both have green(-ish) tinges to their eyes, particularly Grant.
Of course this all assumes that the guy in the suit is the actor playing Zoom and not a stunt double.
Flag
Nov 06, 2015
Wells-1 did tell Barry in his confession video, "I'm not the thing you hate." Usually that sort of statement implies that the hated one is the person himself (as has been explored many times on Doctor Who). I can easily transpose Barry's face onto that head in the photo, but as you said, it's inconclusive based on possibly being a stunt double filling in until unmasking.

There is one other Caucasian on the list that meets the height requirements--John Wesley Shipp.

Flag
Nov 06, 2015
John Wesley Shipp is listed as having brown, but they are sort of green-brown in that same way that Teddy Sears has blue-green eyes so it would fit. But from the still I am getting a Teddy Sears vibe but maybe seeing the actor in motion might change things.
But again the problem with the stunt double, as Flash & Zoom go head to head next week, it can't be Grant Gustin in both costumes at the same time.
Flag
Nov 06, 2015
Usually they switch between actor and double for reverse shots, then dovetail the two sequences in editing; all close-ups are the real deal. (e.g. Oliver fighting himself in "The Calm."). Of course, as you noted, in an effort to not spoil a later reveal, producers will sometimes have the double play the role even for close-ups; however, that can be hard to pull off as the differences become glaringly obvious when compared with any later closeups after the reveal. In contrast, fancy camera tricks (greenscreen, superimposing, etc.) are used in face-to-face moments.

I'm sure a veteran genre viewer such as yourself already knows these things--I was just putting it out there for those less familiar.

Flag
Nov 06, 2015
I was thinking more of shots like this...

Assuming Barry-2 is Zoom it would be a tad difficult for Grant Gustin to be in both costumes. Then because it's a night shoot timing might become an issue so they just use the same double for everything and then we don't really learn anything about which character is under the black mask.

Flag
Nov 06, 2015
I wouldn't mind any of the alternatives, especially if it was someone like Dr. Edward Clariss or Hunter Zolomon, but I do not think Barry is done with Eobard.
Flag
Nov 06, 2015
I don't think he's done with Eobard either, but I would hope for at least one season before he comes back into the main storyline, for the sake of avoiding redundancy if nothing else.

Flag
Nov 06, 2015
My original thoughts on this were Earth-1 Eddie. Having his body sucked up into the singularity may have made him one with the time stream and the multiverse. Although Wells-2 said he created Zoom it may be what Zoom wants Wells-2 to believe, manipulating events to his own end. Also the Flash villain Zoom from the comics was originally a friend of Wally West's Flash before becoming a speedster whose speed came from manipulating time and not drawing power from the speed force.

With Iris's mum being introduced this season and telling her she had a brother, this opens up the possibility of having an amalgamation of two back stories to the west family, by introducing Daniel West, Iris's brother from the New 52 comics, who became a criminal and after being caught to a heist gone wrong by the rouges became the New 52 Reverse Flash. Although this may just be a way of introducing Wally West who in the New 52 is Iris's nephew, it's not too far fetched to believe that Daniel West from Earth-2 may be Zoom.
Flag
Nov 08, 2015
I think one of the producers, Kreisberg maybe (?), has confirmed that Wally is Iris's brother (and Joe's son) in their version of the story, so that seems to rule out the Daniel West theory (for now anyway).
Flag
Nov 06, 2015
Eddie-1 being pulled into the singularity is something that I'm sure will pan out at some point, but I still think it's too timey-wimey for Jay's helmet to have fallen through before Eddie-1's death, and then to have Eddie-1 tuen out to be the one who knocked it off of Jay.

It's definitely possible that Joe Jr. and Wally are not one and the same person (at least not necessarily on both Earths), so we'll have to see how that plays out, since we meet Wally quite soon.

Flag
Nov 05, 2015
Lots of options, some of which you missed.

Though one thing, I'm pretty sure the only time the After Image technique was mentioned was right before Cisco "died." I don't recall it coming up after that... at least not in name.

If so, then Cisco could have just been reacting to the whole "HOLY $#!T that's what I saw right before I died" thing.
Flag
Nov 05, 2015
Feel free to share whomever you feel is a viable contender--the more, the merrier!

Side note: I ruled out anyone who physically could not fill the suit because of height, since nothing in the Arrowverse so far changes that. This ruled out all female characters (to date), plus Cisco, Singh, etc. Aside from Hunter Zolomon, I lumped anyone who is not a character on the show into the "new" category, because they all have those Pro and Con elements in common. I left out anyone else who has not been a recurring enough character to make any real impact, as well as anyone who will be leaving the show for LOT.

Also, I'd have to check, but I believe that Cisco mentioned the speed mirage (not by name though) to at least one STAR coworker last season when he explained how Wells had pulled off the trick (or at least he recalled the moment in his mind's eye as he told the others what happened).

Flag
Nov 05, 2015
Yeh sorry. I just didn't notice them. I was thinking Eddie or Wally but I see you had them
Flag
Nov 05, 2015
No worries--it's a long article! (You know, for someone not on the payroll.) :)

Flag
Nov 05, 2015
Eddie Thawne. Why did they make him a relative of Eobard's if all they were going to do was to kill him off?
Flag
Nov 05, 2015
Two words: Tommy Merlyn

Flag
Nov 05, 2015
Im calling it.. Zoom is Wally West 2
Flag
Nov 05, 2015
"He's MY Dad! You're just the stray mutt he took in!"

Flag
Nov 05, 2015
Henry Allen of Earth 2 - He would have the build for the character as we saw it an the end of the episode.
Flag
Nov 05, 2015
It would definitely complete the Darth Vader image:

(Tony Todd's deep baritone): "No, Barry, I am your father!"

Flag
Nov 05, 2015
It is obviously black flash. He's wearing the costume so it's kinda obvious. Also, it makes sense because Zoom only goes after people who have super speed. My guess is Earth 2 Barry's dad
Flag
Nov 05, 2015
I agree about the suit's inspiration, but my understanding is the Black Flash is the Grim Reaper for speedsters. Zoom has been terrorizing all of Earth Two (not just Jay), as per Jay's confrontation with Wells-2 in the opening flashback last ep.

Flag
Nov 04, 2015
CISCO 2!! Naw I really don't think that but I want a Cisco 1 in Legends of Tomorrow he is hilarious!!
Flag
Nov 05, 2015
I would enjoy more Cisco-Ray scenes as well, but I think the one-liners will belong to someone Colder on LOT.
Flag
Nov 04, 2015
It's obviously Grodd-2
Flag
Nov 05, 2015
That sounds a bit bananas to me.

GRODD HATE BANANA!
:)

Flag
Nov 04, 2015
Well... it is definitely got to be somebody we know well or are very familiar with from Earth-1 otherwise it might be a tad boring...

I'd vote for daddy West-2 but again it could even be Oliver Q-2 who finally went dark LOL

Now it seems to be a man... could it be a woman?
Flag
Nov 05, 2015
Agreed with the LOL, as the last thing this or any other show out there needs again is Darth Oliver.

Flag
Nov 04, 2015
Harry Wells is just too obvious a choice and I can't see them going down that road again.

Hunter Zolomon seems a more likely prospect for a couple of reasons. Hunter was created by Geoff Johns who is head of DC Entertainment and it's never a bad move to stay on the bosses good side especially as Johns will be getting royalty payments for every episode Zoom\Hunter is in. Then there's IMDB, that had Tony Todd credited for the first episode as Hunter Zolomon/Zoom. I emphasised had because the credit has change to being just for Zoom (voice). But you can read the change as either someone correcting a mistake and Zoom isn't Hunter or somebody let something slip.

Or a bit more of a long shot, what if it's Jay or at least a version of Jay. There have been lots of speedsters in DC comics history and at they've each had slightly different added extras, and Jay Garrick has been written as a speed-thief. He could steal other people's speed to make himself go faster, which sounds a little like the Zoom we've seen on screen. Then there are other little things such as we know there was a Garrick family in Central City at some point, as Barry went to Garrick Dock's during the first couple of episodes of season 1, maybe Zoom is Jay from Earth 1. And then there's Eobard, who decided it was time to get the hell out of Dodge when he saw the winged helmet in last seasons finale.
More+
Flag
Nov 05, 2015
I thought of adding the helmet scene as a Pro under Eobard, but since it supposedly fell through the wormhole while Jay was fighting Zoom, I felt it could go under Con just as easily. In either case, it's a very valid point that Eobard clearly knew Jay Garrick (although he could have known him from the fact that Jay's breach was in the 21st century on Earth One, but that becomes very timey-wimey considering that the wormhole that brought him here was the same one that set the stage for Eobard's erasure).

The fun part about that moment, though, is that Eobard/Wells-1 feared what Jay's power could do, while Wells-2 apparently does not.

Flag
Nov 05, 2015
IMDb can definitely bounce between spoilers and red herrings before the studios catch the slip/error--I'm going with the Zolomon piece being an error based on assumptions, at least in terms of Tony Todd. (Unlike how a certain character's episode list under Gotham became a spoiler for that character's demise last month.) My reasoning is based on the simple fact that Mr. Todd is now in his 60's, and, while he may have had that suit's physique 20 years ago, I believe he was hired for the very deep, dark, evil timbre he can create with his voice. As with Darth Vader, the man in the suit is someone else. (We had Darth Oliver last year, maybe Darth Barry? It would result in Felicity getting a high-five from Cisco for the name.)

Someone could have adopted the name Hunter Zolomon as well--maybe someone who grew up without his father around (which would lend weight to Barry-2 or Joe Jr./Wally-2. Of course, the Master Eobard-style takeover is possible, but I'm not looking for it twice. Or maybe in this case the top brass indeed said to not mess with his creation, like you suggested.

I also considered the possibility that Jay's Earth One doppleganger is Zoom, somehow having breached the multiverse on his own, although the bit about Wells-2 creating him would mean that the breach was pure science, before the Earth Two PA explosion. Or, less likely, that the Jay we know is actually the Earth One Jay who crossed the breach. (That's why I raised the question under Noel's review of last night's ep about why no character has even asked if Jay has an Earth One counterpart.)

More +
Flag
Nov 05, 2015
With the disappearing IMDB entry someone made a cock-up, but without knowing who it's hard to say what that cock-up means. Now I don't think that Tony Todd is ever going to appear on screen but the entry could be read to mean that Todd was providing the voice of a character who is both Zoom & Zolomon but underneath that suit it's actually Patty Spivot.

As for Harry Wells creating Zoom; Harry's dark matter release created all Earth Two metas, Zoom is a meta on Earth Two so Harry must have created Zoom. Except that's a huge assumption, Earth One's STAR Labs explosion is supposed to have created all Earth One metas, except they found metas who were not in Central City at the time of the explosion. So why does Harry Wells' experiment have to be the reason for Zoom's creation?
Flag
Nov 04, 2015
Wally West and Joe Jr. are the same person ! Wally is Joe's son !
Flag
Nov 05, 2015
(Well, folks, I did say possible spoilers ahead!)

But yes, assuming (*ahem*) that's the case, that would reduce the "Con" problem of too many introductions by one.

Flag
Nov 05, 2015
I think the producers confirmed it but I'm not 100% sure.
Flag
Nov 04, 2015
:)
Flag
Nov 04, 2015
I could see it being Eddie, I mean, the show likes him as much as Arrow likes Colin Donnell. They've made up a few options for bringing Tommy back and Eddie would be easier. And helpfully maintaining the Thwane thing.

From what I understand though, Hunter Zoloman is a good bet, though I have some paranoid guesses...

This isn't Jay (last night actually made me change my mind on this) and he is without his speed because he relies on a formula (this is Hunter Zoloman, I believe) and also uses some mind control (hence Wells saying that repeatedly last night) so Wells can't really correct Jay.

Patty (she could be in a suit) because its very suspicious her timing.
Flag
Nov 05, 2015
The only con to it being Eddie, in my opinion, is that the actor is busy with another show on another network. Otherwise, I would have said the chances are super high.

It's uncommon for a NETWORK to share an actor unless the two shows are part of the same universe or done by the same filming company. Not impossible or rare, but uncommon. If the actor was on a cable show, the % chance would go up quite a bit since the filming schedules tend to differ.
Flag
Nov 05, 2015
He's apparently only a recurring character on Quantico (though I don't know now that the show got picked up for a full season and they might see the value of having another character with the analysts besides Caleb and currently, Elias is the only non suspect, and who knows, but he's not a big suspect right now).
Flag
Nov 04, 2015
Maybe Patty on venom ... LOL.

Flag
Nov 04, 2015
My guess is Joe. For me it was seeing the eye. It looked like Joe's eye.
Flag
Nov 04, 2015
Miyagi say:

Flag
Nov 04, 2015
Please let it be Hunter Zolomon...

And Kaitlin Snow (Earth-1) will not be Killer Frost. Kaitlin Snow (Earth-2) will.
Flag
Nov 04, 2015
If Killer Frost (or at least one of them) is Caitlin-2, one wonders what happened if Ronnie-1 went through--I have a feeling it'll come up.

Flag
Nov 05, 2015
Considering in, at least recent, DC cannon that Firestorm's powers tend to negate Killer Frost's insanity then I'd say them being connected would be a decent shot.
Flag
Nov 04, 2015
But, I have a sneaking suspicion it's Barry (Earth-2)
Flag
Nov 04, 2015
Or IRIS!!!
The most reviled character of season 1 breaks bad....
Flag
Nov 04, 2015
You about made me fall out of my chair with that one, @Grumpyclown!
And here I said Barry-2 would have to be bulked up to fill out the suit!

(You really have been watching too much Gotham, you know.)

Flag
Nov 04, 2015
"You about made me fall out of my chair with that one" = my work here is done!
Flag
Follow this Show
Members