A The Flash Community
Tuesday 8:00 PM on The CW (Returning October 10, 2017)
In his latest review for The Flash , Noel pointed something out something we viewers had hoped to see for a long time: the chain that connected Barry to Iris was loosening up a bit and the writers took advantage of it right away.

Despite this Damascus steel chain between Barry and Iris, we have seen him with other women over the course of these few episodes. Let me remind you of the few we had (including Iris) in the order we met them.

Felicity Smoak

What can we say about her. Arrow accomplice, intelligent, chameleon, nerd, emotional and beautiful, the whole package and the dream of so many men and women. Felicity (and we of course), meet Barry in the Arrow episode "The Scientist". He is a CSI from Central City who arrives in Starling City to investigate a suspect with super powers who might have connections to a case in Central City. They immediately hit it off (we do not know of Iris then) but in the Arrow - The Flash crossover he says: “ We looked down that road and said 'No, thank you”. But who knows, isn’t she anybody's dream?

Suggested shipper name: SmAsh (I believe we should avoid SmAll).

Iris West

She is described as being beautiful, fun loving, kind, witty, warm, passionate and very open. In the tv series we might not have seen all her charming treats as the viewers have not been into her that much (yet). Barry met her when they were children and when his mother was killed and his father was imprisoned for it, Iris’s father took her into their home. Barry has (had?) been in love with her since childhood.

Suggested shipper name: FlaIr (Or even BaIr, but I believe we should avoid WeAll).

Caitlin Snow

To be honest, if I were younger I would love to go out on a date with her. She is passionate and compassionate, very intelligent and of course beautiful. Barry and her met in the pilot when he came down to the lab for the first time. In the blast of STAR labs she lost her fiancé Ronnie Raymond whom she loved very much. It sent her into a state of depression for almost a year. Since being on the Flash team she livened back up. As she seems to be weary of Iris because of Barry's feelings for her, she might have formed affectionate feelings for Barry.

I’ve once been in a situation like Barry with Caitlin. A long time ago I had to take a colleague who I fancied a bit home after she had drunk too much. I also stayed at her place to make sure she was all right. The thing I learned from it is that very drunk women (and probably men) one fancies are not that attractive anymore once being drunk. Caitlin made it look as if it is possible to be still attractive in that situation.

Suggested shipper name: All-In (Or even AllOw or AlleS (the Dutch word for ‘everything’, but I believe we should avoid CaBa). [edited later] As far as I'm concerned, @TomWayne suggested a far better name in the comments: BaLin.

Linda Park

It’s the new kid on the block. Linda entered the world in this last episode just after Barry and an intoxicated Caitlin performed a duet. At the bar, she complemented Barry's singing, gave him her number and told him he could do what he wished with her number. Later on, she was picked up by Barry at the Central City Picture News headquarters for a lunch date. We do not know that much of her yet.

Suggested shipper name: ParBar (but there are so many to avoid like FlaRk, PaAl (Dutch word again, meaning 'pole'), PaL, LenIn).

In my mind and although he doesn’t seem to be that bad looking, I believe the writers have shown us too much attention from women given his relationship with Iris up till now.

poll

I have not read a single The Flash comic since the early seventies, so for me The Flash is just that single person, Barry Allen. This means two things. First, I haven’t the foggiest who the women in the lives off all Flashes are. Secondly, as this tv universe will not be as complicated as the comics ones where they need(ed) so many different storylines and so many Flashes to get so many comics out of the shop, storylines may be joined together in this tv universe that has 22 episodes per year for a maximum of six years So, every woman in any Flash storyline may be in this tv show. So feel free to add your thoughts and please tell us why you think he would, should or will be a couple with one of the ladies.

And as a reminder: If you liked reading this post, please give it a heart (clicking on the ‘heart symbol in the right upper or lower left corner of the post). It is the reward for us (non-paid amateur) writers who try to make this site more fun for us all.
121 Comments
Comments (121)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Mar 30, 2017
Anyone else for Oliver x Barry 😂😂😂
Flag
Aug 11, 2016
Tbh at first initially I saw the chemistry between Caitlin and Barry but didn't really think that it would work out considering her Fiance had died 9 months prior, I also saw how much Barry liked Iris which I found thought was awesome because Barry should be with whoever makes him happier and to me that's Iris. When it turned out that Ronnie was still alive I was psyched especially seeing how much him and Caitlin loved one another. In my opinion it seems that the relationship Caitlin and Barry have has developed into one really similar to the one that she has with Cisco. So right now I'm shipping Jesse and Wally, Barry and Iris, and Cisco with someone other than Snart's evil little sister as well as Ronnie (I can't believe he is really dead) and Caitlin.
Flag
Oct 17, 2015
OKAY. Am I the only one that thinks it's gross that Barry and Iris were basically siblings growing up? It's like adopting a brother at 10 and then dating him at 20. Ew. I know it will be canon but it's just gross to me. SnowBarry please.
Flag
May 28, 2015
Definitely Iris West, she and Barry share a wonderful relationship, it would be sad to see it all their chemistry go to waste. Their relationship was meant to happen from the start. We all know that Barry himself has said that Iris is his true love, not Caitlin, not Felicity, and certainly not Linda. They share undeniable chemistry, and I hope that someday they become more than just friends.
Flag
May 19, 2015
Barry&Caitlin - Snowbarry for the win! I think they have a lot more chemistry than any other ship with Barry. I never liked him with Iris, and I kinda liked Eddie with her. He is just so good for her, I don't want to see broken Eddie. And it has been implied that Cait and Barry are two sides of the same coin. They just have this cute, adorable feeling to it, that says they could be more than friends. And the writers were totally testing the waters w them in episode 12 and 19. So bring it on!
Flag
May 13, 2015
Iris West. As in the words of Grant Gustin: "What other girls?" He dumped Linda for Iris. He rejected Felicity for Iris. He rejected a drunk Caitlin for Iris. Westallen happened in two different timelines, and it will happen again.
Flag
May 13, 2015
I mean we all seen episode 20 Iris West gone turn into Iris West-Allen in less then 10 years.
Barry broke up with Linda for Iris
Barry admitted him and Felicity wouldn't work because hes in love with Iris
Barry dont look at Caitlin in that type of way because shes engaged and hes in love with Iris.
Without Iris there is no Barry and there is no flash words of Barry Allen.
And lets not forget Grant Gustin aka Barry Allen him self has told us whats up

Flag
May 13, 2015
WESTALLEN ALL THE WAY. There is no competition. No matter what your shipping preference is, canon will not let you deny that Barry is head-over-heels, out of his mind crazy in love with Iris. He literally does nothing to indicate that he could ever want anyone besides her (which Grant backs up on a daily basis) and he has been in love with her since he was a child. They win this contest 100%.
Flag
May 05, 2015
It's definitely got to be Barry and Caitlin. They've got chemistry and spend more time together. They have little moments here and there. They like each other, it's very subtle but you can see it. When Hannibal Bates shifted into Caitlin he hesitated but not with Iris. Even Mick could see how much Caitlin feels for Barry.
Barry is like the Oliver and Caitlin is like the Felicity. Iris? Well she's like Laurel, the annoying one who doesn't care about anyone else but herself.
Barry and Iris are more like siblings, Joe adopted him and became his foster father. They grew up together from a very young age so for them to happen is just disgusting. It would be like dating your own sibling if they were to.
I think the story line will be slightly different to the comic books because writers don't always follow the comic books stories. Also with the tv show story line like that about Barry and Iris I don't think they would happen.
It's Caitlin for sure. They help each other a lot and they tell each other everything. They make quite the pair. But who knows.
Bur if it's Caitlin it's Caitlin. If it's Iris.. it's Iris..
More+
Flag
May 12, 2015
I have plenty to disagree with you here but I'll just focus on one point many people mistake. Joe West did not adopt Barry Allen. How do I know? Barry's name is not Barry West or Barry Allen-West. Can you imagine If he had been adopted, Iris would have the married name Iris West-Allen-West. LOL! I know West is a very important name in the Flash universe, but that's ridiculous. Don and Dawn West or Don and Dawn Allen-West. Bart West or Bart Allen-West. HA! HA!
Flag
Jun 28, 2015
You're right and wrong because it seemed like Joe did adopt Barry because he became Barry's legal guardian after his father was sent to prison.The reason he didn't change his last name was because didn't want to although even his father wanted him to so people wouldn't know that they were related.Iris said in the Pilot while friendzoning Barry that they were kind of like brother & sister without being brother & sister.Barry even called Joe "dad" in the season finale
Flag
Aug 26, 2015
Believe it or not you can become a legal guardian without adoption and people can call unrelated people who happen to be father figures, "Dad." But I don't believe Barry's dad would have given up his rights to his son for an adoption to have been able to take place. If he had, it would have made him look even more guilty and it would have been brought up in the show.
Flag
May 01, 2015
barry and caitilin &3
Flag
Mar 28, 2015
Definitely Iris West. Especially Iris if we go by what Barry wants. He loves her more than his own life. She inspires him to do more than he could even imagine, more than Wells/Thawne can try to force him to do. They are so familiar with each other they can practically finish each others sentences and when they are together, it is as if no one else is in the room. When they are together, they are totally oblivious to their own actual dates.

Barry acts as if she is more important to him than food or air. He even twisted himself into a fool trying to get her to admit her feelings for him. No matter what anyone else thinks, Barry Allen wants this woman. He wants Iris. The fastest man alive loves Iris West and Iris loves him but she just hasn't come to that realization yet. We'll get to see how the universe makes it happen because in the universe of Flash, Iris West is the bright smiling center Barry Allen focuses on to ground him, to propel him to greater accomplishments and to draw him home.
Flag
Mar 26, 2015
fuck it, add me as well LOL
Flag
Mar 26, 2015
naaah, im kidding, i like Iris though, gon' f* the s* out of her &3 &3 &3
Flag
Mar 26, 2015
I like Iris and Barry, but I'm totally diggin the SnowBarry connection even more! But it might be hard to continue working together if it didn't turn out well. Don't know if I'm wanting them to risk their friendship because they are an awesome bestie team!
Flag
Mar 18, 2015
I think they have a chemistry but not as lovers. They have a great 'friends' chemistry but there was no spark in the kissing scene…
Caitlin and Barry on the other hand might have more chem. (It reminds me a bit of Arrow -& laurel/iris are both annoying, friends with the main char. and the supportive female Felicity/Caitlin have a far more romantic chemistry with the hero than the main female character)
Flag
Mar 18, 2015
It's the 'friend'thing. Will they get out of it and keep the relation going?

I would be supportive of that, but knowing series like this one (and I even haven't read the comics) it never works as drama seems to be the driving factor. If only writers knew how to write great series without needing the drama of the relations. To be honest, for me they are always a let down.
Flag
Mar 18, 2015
Barry & Iris definitely. I'm a sucker for a girl next door type of love (or in this case girl down the hallway lol). Plus it'll be a nice change from hero dating the socially awkward, but smart girl.

Also Grant Gustin and Candice Patton have really good chemistry together, would be a shame if they let that go to waste.
Flag
Mar 18, 2015
I might get into a discussion whether Iris is socially awkward. She is not in the common sense, but she is a bit awkward in the Barry sense.

I do agree with you that you do not need to look any further if it's next door.

I do not agree with you on the chemistry between the actors. Although my post is nit aimed at that issue, I feel that the chemistry between Grant and Danielle is better. Bt that says nothing about who they should end up with.
Flag
Mar 19, 2015
I only believe she's awkward with Barry because she's been hiding her true feelings for him all this time.

i understand your question better now. I still believe Barry and Iris should end up together. They know each other like the back of their hand (excluding Barry's secret for the time being), and to know your significant other on such a close level is always a good thing. They inspire one another more than they realize and I find that to be truly charming.
Flag
Mar 14, 2015
Barry and Caitlin for sure , so we can get more awesome singing especially from Caitlin
Flag
Mar 18, 2015
I do not remember her singing, but I will pay better attention next time.
Flag
Apr 04, 2015
Summer Lovin'
Flag
Mar 13, 2015
Neither of them, but if they have to pick one I would say Caitlin. Caitlin, no one or someone we haven't been introduced to yet.

Felicity doesn't fit with him IMO. Iris is f'ing stupid and boring and just no... Linda is a hoebag and I hate her attitude. I don't like her.
Flag
Mar 14, 2015
Any suggestion who it will be, or will it be someone we haven't met yet?
Flag
Mar 13, 2015
Whaha, AlleS, I'd love that (being Dutch myself). :P

If I'd have to choose, I'd probably go for Caitlin. But not now, maybe next season or so. I think the Felicity-ship has sailed for now, Linda is okay, but I don't see that one lasting long for some reason. Iris... well. Don't know. I wouldn't have anything against it, I suppose. But again: somewhere in the future, not now. Barry has a lot to figure out right now, and big love stories don't very well fit into that at the moment, imho. We'll see :-)
Flag
Mar 13, 2015
That's why I asked who would be on his side halfway the second season.

Leuk iemand uit Nederland te zien hier.
Flag
Mar 13, 2015
Oh, haha, then we're on the same page ;-)

Ja leuk! Je bent pas de tweede die ik hier tegenkom! Haha. Moet toch ergens m'n ei kwijt over alle leuke series (jup, serieverslaafd), is niet echt een Nederlands plekje voor heb ik het idee ;-)
Flag
Feb 22, 2015
Snowberry all the way! Forget Iris, Caitlin is way cuter.
Flag
Feb 22, 2015
Can I go with: "Anyone but Iris?"
And I still have hopes for Ollie and Felicity, so I'm okay with her being out of this picture. I would like to see Caitlin and Barry together, but I don't think the show is going there.
Flag
Feb 19, 2015
Barry + Felicity = Barricity. Barry + Iris = Barris.
Flag
Feb 19, 2015
Good fun names! I personally wouldn have written them with a single 'r' as it makes the sound a bit more positive and aggressive. But as I said, that's just me :-)
Flag
Feb 16, 2015

''we might not have seen all her charming treats as the viewers have not been into her that much'' You meant you right? I mean shes winning in the poll you made.
Flag
Feb 16, 2015
Or, the voters believe that she is right for Barry despite her not always being that nice :-).

I am happy though so many people read the post and voted. Every choice is good and no validation is asked for any choice.
Flag
Feb 13, 2015
Iris!
Flag
Feb 13, 2015
Seeing last episode I hope not. She is a jealous woman who does not want Barry to be interested in somebody else but herself, even when she is in relationship with Eddy and Barry has given her all the support for that relationship. She does not deserve him.
Flag
Feb 15, 2015
You know, what Iris did was wrong. But she wasnt trying to end Linda/Barry. Linda asked her a question and she was honestly just answering her. And right after Barry talked to her she apologised. Barry was glad when Eddie got jealous of The Flash, and kinda wanted to end their relationship and the only person to ever call him on it was Caitlin. They both did mistakes, you shouldnt blame Iris for it. For God sakes they have been best friends for over 15 years, they deserve each other. She offered to fix what she did wrong, how is that jealousy or trying to end their relationship?
Flag
Feb 15, 2015
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Feb 14, 2015
That's a ridiculous claim and such double standards. Are we talking about the same barry who spent half the season jealous, trying his best to sabotage and manipulate Iris's relationship with Eddie. He even almost beat up Eddie to death even though he was under the influence. Yet no one called him names. Iris has a human reaction of being jealous and all of a sudden everyoneacting like she's the devil. While her response to Linda probably wasn't the best, it wasn't entirely malicious and was also the truth. btw, Linda was the one to figure out that it was Iris cuz Iris didn't mention her name and the advice she gave Linda was to give him some time. Also Barry's inability to be honest with Linda about who he is i.e being the flash gave Linda cause to be suspicious and will probably continue to be the case unless he's honest with her.
Flag
Feb 15, 2015
To be honest, I do not remember those actions from Barry. I remember him being supportive although he was jealous.

Sometimes, telling the truth is the most vicious one can do. In this case, Iris was telling the truth but in the wrong way and at the wrong time. Doing so was not nice. Also, she did it on purpose and knew what effect it would have (making Linda question Barry) and that's very nice either. Personally, I do not like people doing that.
Flag
Feb 13, 2015
I'm liking Linda Park right now, though I could see Barry and Caitlin together if Ronnie dies or leaves.

I could only see Iris if she kicks out the little green monster that now inhabits her heart. What she said to Linda about Barry was uncalled for.
Flag
Feb 13, 2015
Yeah, she was a bitch last episode. It seemed like she was jealous, that she didn't agree with the fact that Barry would give his attention or love to somebody else. Where Barry supports her in her relation with Eddie. For me that's enough to really hope they will never end up together. I really, really dislike people like that.
Flag
Feb 11, 2015
I'm not sure Caitlin as we know her will last too much longer, but the writers may have to put off "destiny" for at least a little while in order to indulge the fans. Danielle Panabaker rocks the role, and the onscreen chemistry between Caitlin and Barry is undeniable.

"Balin" anyone? Heck, he's my favorite Tolkien dwarf.

Just like on Arrow, when they delayed killing off Sara until S3--which I knew
(from the moment they leaked 18 months ago that Sara was returning) would eventually happen but which I 'm still sore about given her strength on-screen as Canary, regardless of whether people liked her alter ego. Or now Olicity folks have been indulged by having things develop this season between Oliver and Felicity, who was really an afterthought in S1 but became a massive hit with fans. And now it seems that, in the style of the HIMYM finale, the writers are finding a clunky way to make room for Laurel so that destiny can happen.

Flag
Feb 13, 2015
Having not read the comics and believing the show will take it's own route, I do hope she will not turn into a villain. In comics, so many of the good ones turn into villains to keep that comic interesting In tv shows we don not need that.

'Balin", I love that shipper name. I am jealous I did not think of that one. You can see that I struggled a bit with that one. I think I'll promote your suggestion in my post.

Although we're not talking about Arrow here, I do see what you're saying. I had the same feeling. This weeks episiode did not do any good for Olicity.
Flag
Feb 10, 2015
Obviously Linda because Malese Jow is the best!
Flag
Feb 12, 2015
Linda is the best, but I think it'll be Iris. I assume that Iris and Barry will eventually date, which will infuriate Eddy, who will then become the Reverse Flash.

I know it appears that it is Harrison Wells is the reverse flash. But they have to explain who the reverse flash was in the mid season finale, that beat the crap out of Harrison and Barry, while doing nothing to Eddy. Apparently it was eddy from the future. (Given that time travel has already been confirmed in the last episode).
Flag
Feb 10, 2015
That is a good reason. Let's hope Barry understands it too.
Flag
Feb 09, 2015
What about LArry or ParRy. haha just wanted to smile.
Flag
Feb 09, 2015
I tried to read all the comments, but is really so dumb.These reasons to dislike Iris character makes no sense at all. Since episode 1, she's being written as being his caring best friend, who cancels dates to go out with him, and constantly telling him how awesome he is and how we deserves someone who deeply loves and cares about him. But forget about that, I have had this discussion since the show started, and somehow a friendship since childhood with Iris being the only person to constantly show him support and truly believe him over the events that have haunt him his entire life. (As the producers described it: In a very tough childhood, she was the not so tough thing) Barry and Iris story is just beginning, we haven't had a chance to see her look at Barry in a different way, but we will. But I guess this extremely strong bond thats has resulted on a friendship with more than 15 years, simpy cannot compete with ''Pee in a cup''.
Flag
Feb 08, 2015
To me.it's Caitlin.Yes she becomes Killer Frost later in the show,but I've seen the chemistry between them since the pilot.People may think it's weird to ship Barry & Caitlin because of her destiny is to become Killer Frost.but it's weird how he ends up with Iris because of how they write her.Have you noticed in the past how she just acts like she's not interested whenever he talks about science?She has even tuned him out in the past when he talks about it.Barry & Caitlin have a stronger connection which is why the "We are quite the pair Mr.Allen" "Yes we are Dr.Snow" conversation was made.They may not end up together,but she is really his opposite in the theory "opposites attract" due to the fact that Barry is always showing his emotions while Caitlin didn't feel like wanting to show any emotions after believing Ronnie died.As Barry & Caitlin started getting closer,she started to smile more.That's opposites attracting.
Flag
Feb 08, 2015
I wonder why every good person turns villian in the comics one way of the other. Let's hope the tv series does not follow that same line.
Flag
Feb 11, 2015
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Dang--Jonah Nolan wrote such a great Harvey Dent. Now I need to watch TDK all over again.

Flag
Feb 08, 2015
People tell me that Caitlin is the less evil of all Killer Frosts.So she might end up becoming part of the team again
Flag
Feb 07, 2015
The Iris situation is awkward. Sure, in the comics they get married...

But here, they were raised as brother and sister for what... 8 year? 10? I forget.

While not blood relatives, it's still a bit icky.
Flag
Feb 07, 2015
Yes, this is the bit the writers went awry with. Since they grew up from a young age most people would regard each other as siblings -- not have an unrequited(?) crush the entire time/as an adult. as you said, it's just icky.
Flag
Aug 11, 2016
He had a crush on her before he began living with her and Joe though plus if someone invited you to live with your crush (Zac Efron, etc.) and his family would you say no??
Flag
Feb 07, 2015
I don't watch the show, I only watched the first two episodes. However, when I started watching I thought Caitlin might be a good love interest. I thought 'wow, how come she's not a love interest? I think they would have good chemistry'. It's funny when that happens, i thought the same thing when i saw Bellarke for the first time on the 100. I've got shipper foresight ha.

Flag
Feb 08, 2015
i did the exact same thing with bellarke and olicity lol i always try to ship cannon or what i think is endgame because its easier on the feels lol but some otps will not be ignored :P i always know when im gonna ship something cause i end up giving my television side eye lol
Flag
Feb 08, 2015
This made me laugh so hard -- a year ago I wouldn't have understood anything about the sentence "I always try to ship cannon or what I think is endgame because it's easier on the feels but some otps will not be ignored." And now I'm totally with you! ;)
Flag
Feb 14, 2015
lol i did kinda reveal my fangirl tendencies with that comment XD
Flag
Feb 09, 2015
Me neither :-)
Flag
Feb 07, 2015
Any game in the casino's called 'shipper'? You could make it into a winning game for you.

Caitlin was and still isn't a love interest because she just lost her finacé. But she is getting over it, especially in this last episode.
Flag
Feb 09, 2015
A casino game about shipping. I like it!
Flag
Feb 06, 2015
What I think:
1. Felicity's in love with Oliver Queen, so she's out.
2. I think Iris's relationship to Barry will deepen once the Reverse Flash storyline plays itself out. Yes, she's with Eddie right now, but Eddie has a connection with Reverse Flash and once that connection is revealed Iris will seek comfort in Barry and realize how much she loves him. She and Barry are married in the comics, so I firmly believe that by series end they'll be married (or at least dating.) since Joe AND Henry both approve of the two of them.
3. Caitlyn and Barry.. I don't see it. Right now they're pals and I see hints that Caitlyn MIGHT be seeing Barry as something more than a friend, but Barry has her in the Friendzone. Plus she's destined to be the villain Killer Frost. I see maybe Caitlyn falling for Barry, but maybe Professor Wells inevitable betrayal of Team Flash hits Caitlyn so hard that she does something to herself so she can't feel feelings anymore and becomes Killer Frost.
4. Linda Park... what is she even doing here? She's Wally West's (aka the Modern Age Flash) girlfriend. I see her as only being a romantic rival for Iris and a source of annoyance for Caitlyn, but I have a feeling the writers will drop her by the season finale because she's with the wrong Flash.
More+
Flag
Feb 13, 2015
The writers may not go comic canon with Linda Park, and might throw Barry and Linda together.
Flag
Feb 13, 2015
As you can read below, I agree with you that the tv series is a world on its own and might decide to do things completely different. I am okay with that bas for me the comics and the show are related but nit the same.
Flag
Feb 07, 2015
In the new 52/rebooted DC comics universe, Barry is no longer married to Irish, and is dating Patty Spivot
Flag
Feb 11, 2015
For now
Flag
Feb 06, 2015
I hope Barry realizes Iris is not for him and drops his little crush on her once and for all. He is The Flash and once he realizes he can have any girl he wants I'll bet he goes for anyone but Iris. I hope they go their own way with the show and stay clear of Iris.
Flag
Feb 06, 2015
You seem to believe that the writers will keep it in line with the comics. Personally I do not believe or even hope it. They will also follow the reactions of the public and Iris is not favoured by the viewers. But maybe, like Laurel is making a comeback in arrow, Iris might make one too. On the other hand, Felicity broke off what she had with Oliver last night, so there are new opportunities there.
Flag
May 13, 2015
Update: Felicity's back to being in love with Oliver, the writers have officially boarded the Olicity ship, and we're getting beaten over the head with this ship which is kind of ruining Felicity's character. She's no longer the spunky nerd girl. Now she's a whiney crybaby who's kind of lost touch with reality. (Ollie was forced to marry Ra's Al Ghoul's daughter and revealed that he was going to destroy Starling City with a dirty bomb, and Felicity seemed more upset that Ollie was married than she was that he seemed willing to kill millions of people. Even Malcolm Meryln seemed to think she was nuts.)
Flag
Feb 06, 2015
I like Caitlin, think she would be an interesting match. But for the name alone, I mean come on. SMASH!
Flag
Feb 06, 2015
That is a great shipper name, isn't it I was happy to think of that one.
Flag
Feb 06, 2015
I don't usually follow the shipping, but Barry and Caitlyn had such a great chemistry in the last episode they seem like a no brainer as a couple.
Flag
Feb 05, 2015
Nobody yet. I think I'd be closest to Caitlyn, but, well, I know what her comic book identity is and, well, that doesn't bode well. I'd rather just see him continue to bro out with Cisco at this point.
Flag
Feb 05, 2015
I read about it too, but I believe the tv series will take its own route in this. In the comic books it seems as though every character in one of the series it is portrayed in, is a villain. The characters are never always good. Personally I do not like that I like to believe in someone and keep believing in him/her, despite the fact that he/she makes mistakes. But going rogue is not a mistake :-).
Flag
Feb 05, 2015
Yeah, and even if she is technically Rogue, she was always kind of a sadder character. The thing that make me pause though is that they put her in an awful lot of blue and then, well, Felicity's original comic creation was as sort of a bad guy and I had a horrible thought last night, even though I totally agreed with her. In an effort to make people believe the ends don't always justify the means, she could start collecting her own group, which is kind of how I read her original comic incarnation and they aim to course correct Oliver et al. Sort of a variation on the journey I imagine Captain Cold might be on on the Flash.
Flag
Feb 05, 2015
SnowBarry!! totally ship them
Flag
Feb 05, 2015
That wasn't one of the offered shippernames :-). But I get what you mean. If only her last name had been 'Straw'.
Flag
Feb 06, 2015
I thought that was the official lol, i've calling them like that
Flag
Feb 06, 2015
What is 'official'? It's just one someone started and is used by most. But I find SnowBarry so very plain. I like mine better :-)
Flag
Feb 09, 2015
SnowBarry was mentioned in one interview by Danielle Panabaker so I guess its pretty official.

All-In is too generic thought it does signify not only a name but commitment to the relationship if it ever gets in; but I doubt it.

As long as they call it In-evitable I don't care what they are called.
Flag
Feb 09, 2015
Flag
Feb 05, 2015
Anyone by Iris is my first vote because it is just cringeworthy to see the awkwardness...

Caitlin's my favoured choice but happy to let them first build a friendship (which seems where the show is going anyway)

I'd have nothing against Barry & Felicity but that clashes 'a bit' with the Olicity religion I have signed up to over at Arrow (not that things aren't totally disastrous in Starling City right now... but one holds hope...)
Flag
Feb 05, 2015
IF there's a parallel then Caitlin and Barry are going the same way as Oliver and Felicity do in Arrow. I only do hope both series will be prolonged enough and closed in a right way so we can see both couples get together in the end.

But I get the feeling that comic book rules say there is never an end for a superhero (with or without superpowers), so how can theses series ever come to a acceptable conclusion?
Flag
Feb 05, 2015
I am not sure the parallel works mostly because Barry is nothing like the now-tortured, former complete a-hole, Oliver. Sure Barry's life hasn't been easy (against Ollie's cushy gig as a millionaire playboy) but he seems to have grown up to be a rather sensible young guy with a sunny personality (minus Iris-pinning moments ugh) who seems to be optimistic about the world and his own life most of the time... Sure he may go a bit dark in the future if things get tough or if he discovers Dr. Wells has been less than candid but at any rate and getting to my point.... Dr. Snow faces a less uphill battle with Barry than poor long suffering Felicity with 'I-can't-fail-this-city' Oliver...

And I do think in the end the TV shows will break tradition with the comic books and will deliver happy endings for the superheroes with a lady of choice... Not sure if Felicity & Dr. Snow respectively but someone...
Flag
Feb 06, 2015
Barry and Oliver sure have different backgrounds and different ways of catching the bad guys. If this will make the basics of the relationship with their preferred shippermate different, I'm not sure.

I do hope the series will take their responsibilities and do not go the comic route all along.
Flag
Feb 05, 2015
Flag
Feb 05, 2015
Caitlin is the most obvious choice right now, but for later. We'll still have to go through Iris at some point and we are at Linda at the moment. Felicity is out of the race here.
Flag
Feb 05, 2015
Wisdom.
Flag
Feb 05, 2015
Is 'later' halfway the second season as I asked, or still even later?
Flag
Feb 05, 2015
I'd say even later :-) I see Caitlin is to Barry as Felicity is to Oliver.
Flag
Feb 05, 2015
Yeah, that might be very probable.
Flag
Feb 05, 2015
While I will say Caitlin, it shouldn't be now. Let the relationship build organically, from friends to more (sort of in the vain of Felicity and Oliver). Which is why I like Linda now, as sort of the girl who helps him move on from his pining of Iris.

My only issue with Iris is the fact that the writers haven't really done anything with her to endear the viewers to her, sort of like what happened to Laurel in Arrow
Flag
Feb 05, 2015
True about Iris... charming and good looking lady and I think not a bad actress at all but the character is flimsy so far... Her being a journalist is so far as hard to believe as Laurel the 'lawyer'.

I may be remembering things wrong but Lois Lane on Smallville took the show by storm the minute she arrived on it and I never had a doubt that she was a journalist and a more seasoned one than poor Clark Kent... Geez, maybe I'll go back to watch Season 4 and onwards...
Flag
Feb 05, 2015
You are correct about Lois taking that show by storm, pretty much helping to carry that show the way Rosenbaum did in the earlier seasons, but Lois actually needed to finish high school when she first showed up. Remember, Chloe had been filing news articles under the name Lois Lane in the past (leading many to believe that she would become Lois Lane in the future). And yes, I remember way too much about that show
Flag
Feb 05, 2015
I agree with you, that's why I asked who would be his girlfriend halfway the second season. That would give him enough time to separate himself from Iris (if he wants to), sow some of his oats and get a bit more serious with someone second half second season. But only if he wants it.

I guess the writers hoped the audience would like her as she's an adorable sweetheart, but something did go wrong between her and the audience.
Flag
Feb 05, 2015
Caitlin would be the better choice, but let's face it, this is comic-book land and Barry will keep pining for Iris until she finds out he's the flash and dumps Eddie for Barry (female comic characters are shallow that way) Eddie will somehow become the reverse flash and go back in time killing Barry's Mum and probably causing the accelerator explosion too and they both battle across time.
Just sayin'
Dating the wrong girl has consequences.
Stick with Caitlin.
Flag
Feb 05, 2015
That would be something. The only problem is we already know that dr. Harisson Wells is the reverse Flash.

But I agree ion the shallowness of many of the female characters near superheroes. Iris fits that bill perfectly.
Flag
Feb 10, 2015
Are you sure H (G?) Wells isn't pretending to be the reverse flash to prepare Barry for the real RF's arrival? He's using tech to make himself fast, but it doesn't work very well. Why would the RF want Barry trained not killed?
Whatever it is, it already happened, as both were at the house Barry's Mum died and two "objects" were in the accellorator the night it exploded (Barry + RF?) so did the lightning choose Barry or did he pick himself?
Flag
Feb 10, 2015
Yeah, I'm pretty sure. You can read it here. Why he does what he does in the series with Barry is a very good question.
Flag
Feb 05, 2015
How about to meet his untimely death due to a 60 Gigawatta Laser Pulse?
Flag
Feb 05, 2015
Anybody but Iris. I can't stand her.
Flag
Feb 09, 2015
lol what a shitty comment you could even pretend a reason?
Flag
Feb 09, 2015
Okay. My first reaction is that I don't like her a deeper analysis I would say its based on my own experience. I once pined for someone in a similar way. I did everything she asked and she didn't even know I exist. I can relate to Barry. Despite all hope it never happened.

Three reasons:

1. That said to Barry specifically why would she like now Barry after many years of ignoring him in that way? Because Barry became the Flash? or He and the Flash was the same guy?

This is my counter the lightning only made Barry fast who he is as a person was there all the time and she was too blind to see it. SO she doesn't deserve him.

2. Barry confessed his feelings Iris did not reciprocate. Even if in the future Eddie goes dark to me it would be like Barry is her rebound guy.

3. Oh and he can sing. :) Haha.
Flag
Feb 09, 2015
Flag
Feb 05, 2015
That gives you plenty of opportunities to chose from. Any ideas of favourites?
Flag
Feb 05, 2015
I'm on SnowBarry. Recent episode shows it am willing to give a chance for Linda Park
Flag
Feb 05, 2015
I believe that Barry has more chemistry with Caitlin than he has with Iris. I know that Ronnie is still in th epicture but I think that Caitlin is the one for Barry. He doesn't have to lie to her, she respects him and get her out of her dispair...so go Caitlin!
Flag
Feb 05, 2015
I agree, but will it be like Oliver and Felicity. Are they meant for each other? That's why I asked who he will be halfway next season. It might be someone different from who we expect of wish.
Flag
Feb 05, 2015
Yeah you are right, I was talking about later on the story. Then I think Linda Park is the one that will stay with Barry for now, since that the Iris love isn't going to end that easy...Even in arrow that Laurel and Oliver was so obvious that they didn't have chemistry was a plot for two seasons...
Flag
Feb 05, 2015
I am more for Caitlin and Barry than I am for Iris and Barry, because I think Barry and Caitlin have slightly more chemistry than Barry and Iris.
I haven't read a lot of Flash comics and the ones I have are all fairly early silver age with a dash of Nu52, but in either case I have always felt like Danielle Panabaker should have been cast as Iris. I don't by any means think Candace Patton is a bad Iris and she is several times better than her counterpart on Arrow it's just that if I compare her to Danielle in terms of how I imagine the character to be she loses out a little all over the board. I imagine a big part of this is that Iris in the comics I have read is a career woman, where as the Iris we have seen thus far on this show is more an average young woman still finding out what she wants to do while in contrast Caitlin is a career woman and Barry is already involved in forensics. Now that I have written it out I think that is very much the crux of the issues, in terms of where they are in their lives and careers I feel like Barry and Caitlin are in the same place and that Iris is like Barry's teenage sister who's still trying to figure things out. For me it's a dissonance that just destroys any chemistry they could have.
This could have easily been avoided by going a more collegian route with Barry by making him study Forensics in university, I think I read somewhere that Joe West is actually a mash-up of two different characters in the comics one is the police officer who adopts Barry in the comics and the other is Ira West who is a professor of some sort who is also Iris' father. So I think the character could have been adapted to that environment as well. I don't think we would have gotten the great moments we have between Joe and Barry if they had based the character more on Ira as at least one of the comics I read featuring him shows him either being senile or so absent-minded that he would forget Wally West was the Flash even though it had been revealed to him less than an hour ago. So I think that whoever made the decisions made them in such a way that we got the best possible show even if it meant making things seem slightly mixed up in terms of how the characters fit together.

More+
Flag
Feb 05, 2015
You are making a few good points on why the pairing of iris and Barry feel off. She was still in college and he was working, different phases in live. It could have been, but their objectives and interests are so different. Where Iris seems to be like a Justin Bieber fan towards The Flash, he is s serious young man. It just felt off.

I have had one blind date in my life, set up by friends with a girl a few years younger then I was. I was out of college, working and she had just started college. It was the same experience as written above, she felt so immature to me.

Either of the other girls fit better.

As written in the post, I only know a bit (from what I remember) from the old/original Flash. There are now so many different realms, story lines etc. that almost any way they are depicted would be correct. Personally, I do not like that as I will have trouble connect to a person as he changes every time.
Flag
Feb 05, 2015
Off topic Rant:

That is my biggest issue with comics. I think that we don't need them to be so separated from reality that the characters are endless. Sometimes it is probably a better idea to just let the character retire/die/whatever and let someone else take on the mantle.

In the past couple years there has been a trend in comics to retcon character marriages. First was Spider-man, then the Nu52 did away with Barry and Iris, Lois and Clark, Wally and Linda and there are probably some others. The thing is if they let some of these characters pass the torch properly they wouldn't have need to do away with those characters development. Marvel's 616 universe had the opportunity to make Ben Reilly, a clone of Peter Parker, the titular character and move focus away from Peter while letting Peter keep his cast of characters, instead they killed Ben Reilly off and dragged along Peter's cast until rebooting them in Brand New Day. Batman had the same chance when they killed off Bruce Wayne but once again they just couldn't let him stay dead. A large part of this is likely due to the fans outrage at such actions but both routes would end up that way. Letting the characters die and letting them stay dead is really the only way I can see to avoid all the retcons and reboots.

End off topic rant:

In this respect Arrow and The Flash have more freedom in where they go with the characters. They both have love interests that the fans don't like as much as other female characters meaning they do not have to be tied down to the comic's canon. There is a part of me that still expects them to push that route though. Maybe it is just me but it seems like Arrow is trying to push the Oliver and Laurel relationship back into place. The Flash on the other hand has been struggling to keep Iris relevant though I partly suspect Linda Park may be a vehicle to give her more screen time.
More +
Flag
Feb 06, 2015
I think I understand why I do not read comics anymore :-)
Flag
Feb 05, 2015
They've set it up so Iris and Felicity (being in another show...) are unlikely, meaning that I gave up on them as potential possibilities. Personally Iris kinda annoys me as a partner for Barry.
Caitlin Snow I do think is a possibility.
This new chick I am unsure about, we'll see where it goes.
Flag
Feb 05, 2015
'This new chick' might be a combination of Iris and Caitlin. If so, she needs Caitlin's cuteness to convince me.
Flag
Feb 05, 2015
Still, don't think she'll be end game. That's the weird thing about The Flash, end game is fairly covert, I'm left guessing.
Flag
Feb 05, 2015
Then the writers probably will have done a good job :-)
Flag
Follow this Show
Members