TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

The Flintstones Forums

ABC (ended 2001)

Anyone else have all 6 season DVD's?

NES_Gamer1988

[1]Sep 3, 2006
    • level: 3
    Finally the complete original series is on DVD for us to own!

I have all 6 seasons with the final season being released september 5th which I have pre ordered. Its really nice to have almost every episode uncut (except for the big move, but one episode being cut I can deal with) I am assuming the 6th season has no cuts too, does anyone else have all the seasons or is going to have them all on its release?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

OhioChic

[2]Sep 5, 2006
    • level: 16
    I have 1st Season (though it's lost) and the 3rd Season. God I need all the rest of them >:-(!

KittyCakes

[3]Sep 7, 2006
    • level: 9
    I have all the seasons of the flintstones, I also have the jetsons and all the other great hanna barbera dvd sets! (except Johnny Quest)

meathead704

[4]Sep 15, 2006
    • level: 40

I have all six seasons of The Flintstones

It's really the best way to see the show (or any show for that matter).  When they are shown on television (which for this particular show is becoming more and more of a rarity aside from the Cartoon Network channel Boomerang)  they are ladened with commercials and are cut to shreds.  I have seen the episodes of The Flintstones numerous times since I was a kid and it wasn't until I bought the DVD sets that I finally saw many of the episodes in their entirety. 

TasForMayor

[5]Oct 3, 2006
    • level: 21
    whoa; didn't know I wuz missin' so much... on my way t'git me some o' them DVD's
    boy-howdy~!

BigSugar66

[6]Oct 18, 2006
    I was wondering why Season 2 and 6 are in a cardboard sleeve - anybody know? I prefer the "animation cell" they used for the other Seasons and I find it odd they weren't consistent. As for Season 6 its the best for me...Gazoo is the best character. As for Mr. Baldwin and the pop culture "bonus" well, its a tad cheese but what can you do.

NES_Gamer1988

[7]Oct 21, 2006
    BigSugar66 wrote:
    I was wondering why Season 2 and 6 are in a cardboard sleeve - anybody know? I prefer the "animation cell" they used for the other Seasons and I find it odd they weren't consistent. As for Season 6 its the best for me...Gazoo is the best character. As for Mr. Baldwin and the pop culture "bonus" well, its a tad cheese but what can you do.

Actually 5 and 6 is in cardboard and I think that its a new format that they seem to be doing on many of the hanna barbera releases regardless of past sets (such as the hong kong phooey set as well) and yeah bonus features a bit cheesy. Overall its sweet collection though.

MC_White

[8]Aug 20, 2007
    • level: 2
    I just ordered season 1 off Amazon. I really love this animated show, and it's probably tied for first as my all time favorite with the Simpsons. Today's animated series (Family Guy, Cartman, etc.) are just too vulgar to watch with kids. I can't wait to watch this with my son and daughter.

skippercollecto

[9]Aug 30, 2007
    • level: 15

My main complaints about the DVDs are for seasons five and six. They are:

1. There are no subtitles included with the last two seasons. I found those useful while watching the earlier episodes when the characters were rattling off lists of things (like the names of the kids riding the school bus in The Missing School Bus).

2. The packaging is thinner and less sturdy.

3. I had really wished for a commentary on No Biz Like Show Biz, which has been my favorite episode since I was 6 years old. I wanted to know how the plot came about, the reason for choosing that particular song, and who the singers were, etc.

TheHitDog

[10]Oct 18, 2007
    • level: 1

MC_White wrote:
    I just ordered season 1 off Amazon. I really love this animated show, and it's probably tied for first as my all time favorite with the Simpsons. Today's animated series (Family Guy, Cartman, etc.) are just too vulgar to watch with kids. I can't wait to watch this with my son and daughter.

Flintstones would be great for the kids. Buy the whole set. Family Guy was never meant for kids. The jokes on that show only adults would get.

pazz92

[11]Nov 24, 2007
    • level: 7
    I just bought season 4 the other day, so I now have seasons 1-4. Eventually I will own all of them.

lecagr

[12]Nov 29, 2007

I have all six seasons. The DVD's are great with a few exceptions.

1. They made the common mistake of putting the episodes on the discs by airdate order instead of production order.

2. The Big Move from season three is a cut version of the episode. I don't know how this happened, all the other episodes are uncut. Fortunately, I have the uncut version of The Big Move which I recorded from Boomerang network.

3. They changed the packaging style for seasons five and six. WB should have kept the appearance consistent with the first four seasons, but no they had to ruin the consistency of the sets and get cheap. One disc in each season set is double-sided, but that's not too big of an issue.

Otherwise, a nice collection of DVD's. Highly recommended.

Edited on 11/29/2007 11:43am

skippercollecto

[13]Mar 20, 2008
    • level: 15

What is missing from the episode called "The Big Move"?

Putting the episodes by production order instead of airdate order would have been a mistake, especially in the later seasons. For example, the episode called "Daddies Anonymous," in which Fred and Barney take their children out in their strollers and then leave them all day, was recorded before the one about Bamm-Bamm's adoption.

clos_vf

[14]May 5, 2008
    • level: 12
    i wanna get all the flinstones episodes on DVD

TheHitDog

[15]Jun 8, 2008
    • level: 1

BigSugar66 wrote:

This is not related to this but speaking of the Great Gazoo, a late RIP to the voice of the Great Gazoo, Harvey Korman.

imadoobee

[16]Jul 28, 2008
    • level: 11

I LOVE The Flintstones and have seasons 1 through 5. Can't wait to complete my set!!!

oldognutrix

[17]Oct 13, 2008
    So far I only have seasons 1 & 2 on dvd. I do have many others on video tape.