The Flintstones

Pebbles' Birthday Party

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Oct 08, 1964 on ABC

• What a mixed up night!

When I saw the movie Parenthood on a cable station recently, Steve Martin's character planned a birthday party for his 9 year old son. He wanted Cowboy Dan, but got a stripper instead. The stripper told him Cowboy Dan is injured after arriving at the lodge. I laughed because this was a reference to this Flintstones episode!

Fred hires the only caterer in town to get Rocko the clown for Pebble's birthday & dancing girls for the Water Buffalo Lodge. Of course, both acts go to the wrong place. I always laugh whenever the dancing girls do their act (gotta like that silly music).
  • Clowns? Dancing Girls? I'm there!

Fred is throwing Pebbles a Birthday party! It's her first birthday, although she is older than that, like maybe 1 1/2. But anyway, that same day, there is a party at the Lodge and Fred must supervise that and supervise the kid party. Well, they got tangled up and the clown (the name's Rocko) going to the Lodge while the Dancing Girls go the kids party. Chaos ensure and Fred is facing unhappy kids and the Lodge wants his thoat. this epiosde is so screw up that I like it. It's one of the better episodes of the series. Never a dull moment.
  • It\'s Pebbles first birthday and Fred goes to the self discribed \"only caterer in town\" to arrange the party and a Water Buffolo party. However the caterer messes up and sends dancing girls to pebbles\' party and a clown to the Water buffolos party.

This is a hilarious episode. My favorite part is Wilma\'s reaction when the dancing girls come out of Pebbles giant cake. At the end a neighbor calls the police who arrest everyone at the party including the babies. This episode was funny because something like this could really happen. It was a little predictable but i\'ll let it slide this time. This is one of the best episodes of season 5. This episode alone made the dvd set worth the 37 dollars. I love the Flintstones but this episode is one of the best. If you like the Flintstones you will love this episode. It is full of the series' usual charms and comedy.