The Flintstones

ABC (ended 2001)

virginia17

The Flintstones Fan Reviews page 2 of 4

• The misadventures of two best friends who buy caves next door to each other. One of the greatest animated series of all time.

Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble are next door neighbors, best friends (most of the time), and members of the Bedrock Water Buffalo Lodge. Fred works at a construction company. Unfortunately, Barney has problems keeping jobs. He has a few different employers during the course of the series. Wilma Flintstone and Betty Rubble are housewives, except for one episode where Wilma is a TV star and another where Betty runs errands for a "senior citizen" who turns out to be a counterfeiter. Both the Flinstsone and Rubble families get a new addition. Wilma has a daughter, Pebbles. Betty adopts a son, Bamm-Bamm. Pets also play a role in the series. The Flintstones have a dinosaur named Dino. The Rubbles have a Hopasaurus (cross between a dinosaur and kangaroo) named Hoppy. I think the best thing about "The Flintstones" was the celebrity guest appearances. I especially remember the episode in which "Darrin and Samantha Stephenstone" appeared.(Actually Mr. & Mrs. Stephens from "Bewitched") When the series was cancelled, it still remained on the air in syndication. Various reincarnations of the series also were developed, including "Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm" and "The Flintstones Kids". There were even two live action movies made. My favorite was the first one. My favorite movie moment was Betty's shopping trip to Bloomingstone's Department store. Her "Ameristone Express" credit card is declined and Wilma pays the bill for her. I will forever remember the wonderful times I had watching this show!
  • This was a great show.

I really enjoyed this show because it was a true classic in the cartoon history. Also I liked characters like Fred because he was funny and all and I really laughed when they used to ride their cars in which were made of stone, because it was hilarious. Also Barney was funny and his son even better, like in one episode of this series that Barney's son was stronger than Fred was a really funny moment. The way Fred yelled to Velma so she could open the door of the house was also a hilarious moment and I truly enjoyed it and also this show that has been a true cartoon show that deserves it's respect through the years pass.
  • One of the greatest cartoons ever made!

The Flintstones chronicle the daily lives of Bedrock residents, the Flintstones, and the Rubbles. From these simple characters, come a half hour of gags, laughs, and moments that you will never forget. This show has been my favorite ever since I was a little kid. Ever since I first saw this show, I fell in love with the characters, and even the animation style. This show makes me laugh continuously for 30 minutes striaght, because there is just so much material that connects to my happier side. This show also set the trend for later cartoons, and shows. I love classic cartoons, but this one has to be my favorite.
  • a show for all ages

The Flintsones is a show for all ages. Fred and Barney were mky favorites when I was a kid, I like it now and I am almost sure that I will like it when I am old. It has everything: comedy, plus great adventures and funny complicated situations. At the end it got a little shallow, especially when Gazoo apeared. But, besides that, it was a really great show about a stone age society mirrored in our modern society. Same ocupations, same problems, same life. Only a lot of years earlier...

"The Flintstones" is by far the best animated sitcom.
  • The Flintstones is a great show about the stone-age's, and I think that is really funny because of the way they do things like for instance they use their feet to make their cars go, and I just think that is what makes this show so unique!

The Flintstones is soooo funny, and it is mixed with modern day and the stone-age's, because in the stone-ages you wouldn't see people driving car, but in modern day you wouldn't see people using their feet to make it move! This is a fabulous show and I love, it even makes my parents laugh sometimes! Have you ever seen the way they use dinosaur for things like stairs etc., and elephant's for washing machine's and birds for clocks! It's so cool!!!
  • A true "bone-a-fide" classic.

Television's first half-hour animated sitcom. Take The Honeymooners mix it with inventions by Rube Goldberg and you have The Flintstones. The series follows the stone-age adventures and misadventures of The Flintstones and their neighbors, The Rubbles. Fred Flintstone is a hard working, loud mouth who just can't seem to get ahead in life. He and his best friend and next door neighbor, Barney Rubble, think up get-rich-quick schemes, ways to ditch their wives, Wilma and Betty, for a night out of bowling, pool and lodge meetings. The humor of The Flintstones match up with the sitcoms of the time, It was meant for an older audience (it was even sponsored by Winston Cigarettes!). Without Fred Flintstone there probably wouldn't have been Homer Simpson, Hank Hill or Peter Griffin.
  • The Flintstones were essentially The Honeymooners,but set in the Stone Age.Fred was a hard working quarry worker married to strong-willed Wilma,and their best friends were Barney and Betty Rubble.

Yes,The Flintstones were a copy of The Honeymooners,and yes,many of the early plots were very similar to the former series,but The Flintstones developed its own style,and at least in the early shows,there was strong writing,and great comic acting from the four stars.It doesnt really suprise me that Michael Maltese was one of the writers on the early shows,because he had such a hilarious style working with Chuck Jones at Warner Bros.There was some great satire on marriage in the first few seasons,and on pregnancy when Wilma got pregnant on the show.Unfortunately,adding a baby changed the whole direction of the series.There was less satire on marriage and more silly plotlines.In some ways its similar to what happened on I love Lucy,but even there they still managed to find ways to get Lucy into trouble.But The Flintstones needed that edge to stay funny,and having a baby took away that edge.It became just another run of the mill family sitcom.But at its best,it was as funny as any sitcom of the period.I still thnk it is one of the most underrated sitcoms in TV history.

• A classic that will be hanging around forever.

The Flinstones is a great show that everyone can enjoy. I, personally, grew up watching this cartoon and still get a kick out of it whenever I manage to catch it on television. The stories are great and easy to enjoy. They are not fluff, but also not an attempt to be a "brainy" series. I can definitely appreciate this.

I understand that this show was a parody of the Honeymooners, which I must add I have never seen, and I respect the creators for taking a black and white sitcom and transforming it into an animated series. However they did it, it worked.

This is a show that I hope my own children will grow to love one day, so that we can sit together and share the experience.
  • Going down in History

To measure the history of television from 1960 to 1966, you have to measure the success of "the Flintstones." It became one of the first cartoon series to made to prime time. when it did, a good number of cartoons series went to prime time. In 1960, the flintstones were selling cigerettes. When Pebbles arrived a few years later, the cigerette commericals were gone and were replaced with Welch's Grape. Hanna Barbara has made "the Jetsons" into Prime time in 1962, but it lasted one season, but the reruns remain. By 1966, when ABC cancelled "the Flintstones," there are the last animated series to leave prime time to go to Saturday Morning Television. They were rerun on NBC before it went syndicated. they are some episode that are good and some are not, but whatever you like them or not, you can appreached the fun you had with the Flintstones.
  • A classic parody of modern-suberban life set around 64,000,000 B.C.

7.7
    This show is the best. If you don't have it, I reccommend you buy the entire series on DVD (if you have the money and the time).

I promise that eaach and everyone will get a laugh out of these character's goofy antics. Everyone and anyone who likes The Flintstones should buy the entire series on DVD. I personally reccommend it as a part of anyone's DVD collection.

However, if you don't like The Flintstones, then I don't reccommend it as part of your DVD collection.

Like I said before, you'll most likely get a laugh out of this one. This parody of modern Suburban life is a treat the whole family can enjoy.
  • classic and one of the funniest ever!

this is one of hte first shows i remenber whatching.

i thought it was really funny adn whatched every episode lol.

one of hte things i loved the most was fred and barney's frienship. even if fred was sometimes mean to him their friendship was always very strong.

my favourite character has to be pebbles. she was just too adorable! i remenber trying to do my hair like her lol, i don't actually remenber if i suceeded.

i still enjoy it and whatch it if i can, brings back memories

this is a really great show for kids, funny and interesting and i think everybody would enjoy it.
  • Fred Flintstone is the patriarch of a "Modern Stone Age Family"; he's the breadwinner and often the monkey-wrench in the gears of this series.

Fred and Wilma Flintstone along with daughter Pebbles and pet dinosaur Dino live in Bedrock and integrate well with their surrounding community. Fred is a loyal employee at the quarry and long-time member of the local Buffalo Club (secret Fraternity where they chat and enjoy tasty drinks behind closed doors). The Flintstone's next door neighbors are Barney and Betty Rubble along with their son Bam-Bam and pet dinosaur Hoppy (a kangaroo-esque dinosaur). This show is sort of a kiddie version of "The Honeymooners" in that Fred often and irrationally bellows about how he's the man of the house and what he says GOES. The entire series is a laugh-a-minute and after the show went off the air, folks still liked it so much - another, newer version began to air (with cleaner graphics and older versions of Pebbles and Bam-Bam).
  • Flintstone meet the flintstone they are modern stonage family.

Ok if the Jetson family is about an family living the future world.Than the Flintstone is about an family who lives in the prehistoric time.Where they technology is using dinosaurs and other kind of junk.Meet Fred Flintsone and his family.Even his next door neighbor "The Rubbles" There are many adventures in Bedrock.Flintstone is another cartoon classic.It is an average family that lives in Bedrock always dealing the samethings that we are dealing with.Yes! I loved this cartoon.It is another classic.I really love it.I loved the theme song and I loved in the ending scene where when Fred puts the cat out.The cat throws him out and he shouts Wilma!!!! Yeah an instant classic.They also made two live action flintsone movies as well.But still I love the Flintsone.
  • Yabba dabba do!

The Flintstones was one of the first cartoons, set in the stone-age and revolving around the lives of Fred and Wilma Flintstone and their neighbors, the Rubbles. There were lots of little jokes with the names (everyone's names had something to do with stones, even movie stars), and sight gags with the "appliances" that Wilma used... my favorite was the little elephant vacuum cleaner. Watching this show, even now, it's still funny. The humor is timeless, although the animation is very primative by today's standards. The backgrounds, especially, are one thing that have definitely improved over the years. But other than that, The Flintstones still holds up.
  • NOBODY DOES IT LIKE HANNA-BARBARA!

Who doesn't love The Flintstones? Nobody. How could you not love them? The Flintstones is the first animated sitcom, followed by The Jetsons, and then the Simpsons, Family guy, and so on. This show will never get old, you could watch the same episode one hundred times and still enjoy it. Even though they say it's supposed to be a cartoon version of The Honeymooners, I still see this as one of the most original cartoons too be broadcast. It's a cartoon of all ages, me and my dad would sit down on the couch and watch the episodes that he watched as a kid. The Flintstones certainly is a family show.
  • Awsome show!

I love this TV show! It is from the 60's but it still is such a good show. It has been off air for a while but it has finally got put back on air on the cartoon chanel. This show has originally aired 1:30 on the cartoon chanel and I thought it was a great classic show! Again this TV show iss a great TV show that should really be put back on air for ever!
  • Good ole cartoon sitcom! It's the starter of them, and a classic that people even now would enjoy!

The Flintstones hit the American scene huge and people loved the somewhat sitcom feel and canned laughter in a cartoon. It sent for a bunch of spin offs after it's debut by other cartoon companys. For the time the animation was fresh and good. the practice of using less drawing frames was in full fashion and using same backgroudns over and over was in full curtain. The plots were clever and humorous. Sine the original, some movies came out and other child cartoons of the show, but it will never be as good as the original Flintsones. A great show the entire family can get close and scoot up too. Dee-hee hee hee! Watch it and give er a try. ;)
  • One of my childhood best friend:)

The Flintstones...=)My bestfriend in my childhood(if we don't count The Jetsons or something like that=))I had really good time while watching them...You know it was totally opposite with The Jetsons but it was as good as it.Those days must be really funny if it was like that =).

I loved the friendship between 2 family...Fred's and Barney's.It reminded me my life.They had the same aged children and they were really good friends same here in my life =)

Bowling...Was their life ib that show but im not sure if they were bowling saloons in those days=). Just joking of course i think this show was perfect.If i have chance to go back and change something in my life im sure i would be more careful when i watched this show and i would try to watch more=)

And love...Of course like in every cartoon there were big loves too.Barney to Betty...Fred to Wilma...But my personal favourite was Bamm-Bamm to Pebless...(Cakil in my own language)Im not sure if they had something but i always imagined them together...Just a kid brain you know =)
  • Flintstones will always live on.

Fred was a typical male in the 60s. Wilma did put him in his place most of the time. Barney should have slugged him a time or two, but that would not have made the show any funnier. Fred and Barney's relationship was just like two best friends, Barney just most of the time put up with Fred, I guess I would have too. Fred and Barney was just like Lucy and Ethyl, Lucy always got Ethyl into so many perdicaments like Fred did Barney. I just couldn't wait to see the show. I can't recall which episode was my favorite either.
  • Cavemen like people live with dinosourse (sp).

This has to be the greatest old cartoon!!!!!!! I love this show! I still love it! It has to be the most creative cartoon I have ever seen! I mean they had to make every bit of it up! And the best part is the way they use all thoes big animals! It is halarious to see what they have them all doing! When they compare it to the Jetsons I would have to say the the Flinstones win by a landslide! I loved all the movies that were made too! My Most favorit character scince I was a kid has always been peabels!
  • A really good old, classic cartoon.

Classic cartoon about a prehistoric family named the Flintstones. It is famously based on "The Honeymooners" TV show which stared Jackie Gleason. Jackie's part is taken over by Fred . His best friend and neighbor is Barney Rubble which would be the Art Carney's part. He is very likeable and loyal to his best friend but not the sharpest tool in the shed. The two best friends do everything together. They bowl on the same team and they belong to the same lodge. The dinosaurs are a big part of the show. They are used as washing machines, record players, car horns, airplanes, cranes and even as pets. The two main characters also have wives. They also are best friends. This is a classic cartoon/comedy that holds up well even against current shows. It would be great if a show could be made like this today.
  • One of the best cartoons of my era.

The Flinstones, to put it Frankly, was one of the best cartoons of my era and certainly set a standard for future animated series to come. The premise was simple: A stone-age family living in thoroughly modern conditions thanks to a host of animals who were used for everyday modern conveniences such as washing dishes and vacuuming floors. However, the show was about more than that. It was about family ties showcasing the love between Fred and Wilma and between their next-door neighbors Barney and Betty. It was about enduring friendship between Fred and Barney and between Wilma and Betty. It was about the responsibilities of parenthood once Bam-Bam and Pebbles came along. The characters were all different and interesting in their own ways and I happily watched the series in syndication for many years after school. I miss it. It reminds me of happy times when the tv world was more concerned with wholesome, family fun.
  • As much I hate to admit it.. this is a classic.

As much I hate to admit it.. this is a classic. And i hate to do that beckause it aint my type of a show. But if you look at the fame it got and lots of fans, you will se the magic of this show. It just is a good cartoon that you start to watch and its hard for you to stop ! Even if it is old, every episode has a good plot that always brings a smile..even a little one.. on your face. You may like other types of shows, but you gotta love this one.
  • Another timeless classic

' The Flintstones ' another classic cartoon which will be around long after most of us are gone. This is a classic which I did not get introduced to until syndication. It was one of the few shows which I hurried home from school just to watch. My daughter is not yet in to The Flintstones as I was when I was her age but I am surprised that she knows most of the characters.
    This was a family cartoon which your entire family could watch together and not be afraid of what was coming next. I am sorry to see that The Flintstones have been retired to a network such as Boomerang as it is not widely available to everyone as it should be.
  • yup. perfectly fits the show.

7.7
    the flinstones was a good show. but not the least bit logical. not that i care if it's logical or not. i mean half the shows on my favorites list aren't logical. just like this show. but i like it anyway. and their theme song is good. if the show was bad, i would probably stop to listen to it.
  • Classic animated show about a prehistoric family named the Flintstones.

This show is famously based on "The Honeymooners" TV show staring Jackie Gleason. Jackie's part is taken over by Fred Flintstone.

His best friend and neighbor is Barney Rubble that was Art Carney's part. He is likeable and loyal to his best friend but not the sharpest tool in the shed. The two best friends do everything together. They bowl on the same team and they belong to the same lodge.

The two main characters also have wives. They also are best friends.

This is a classic cartoon/comedy that holds up well even against current shows. If you have never seen it, watch it.
  • Pretty good family show

This show is pretty good and is sometimes funny. It is also good for a family to watch. The Flintstones is about a family with the same name as the title. They are cavemen living in a town called Bedrock, pretty much the exact opposite of the Jetsons. The three flintstones are Fred, Wilma, and Pebbles. Their neighbors are the Rubbles. They are Barney, Betty and Bam-Bam. It is a very funny show that should be brought back to cartoon network.
  • Well yeah the flinstones is a classic and it paved the way for many future cartoons. Its just a great show.

Yes the Flinstones did pave the way but the show is going down hill with the new viewers. They don't even show the show any more.With out anyone to watch the Flinstones it will disaper from our television sets. There should be new episodes with better graphics. This show is a classic !!
  • The Finstones!

cool show! It animates different shows and puts them in the times of the dinosaurs! I like it, it gives of a great deal of enthusism and the happiness of a "normal" family! Other series like this one should be made! I think it's a great show, hope you will enjoy it!
1 2 3 4