The Flintstones

ABC (ended 2001)

virginia17

The Flintstones Fan Reviews page 3 of 4

• Nothing better than the Flintstones.

Nothing better than the Flintstones. Nothing could be better than the Flin. Nothing{ Well maybe the Jetsons} could beat them. Although lasted for a short period, they are still making wave in the U.S. and maybe around the world. And they kept going and going with the back round the show is a classic.
  • The Honeymooners in animation

A fat loudmouth lead character, married to a faithful but severe wife never afraid to expose her husband's folly. A best friend neighbor: likeable, loyal to his best friend, but missing a tad upstairs. The friends go bowling together, go to lodge meetings together, and succeed and fail together.

The Flintstones is animated and carries a prehistoric setting. Otherwise, it's a remake of The Honeymooners. The animation makes possible anachronisms, such as a "camera" where a bird chips out a stone, dinosaurs being put to practical use, and even talking.

The Flintstones dabbles in the martian curiosities of the day, but introducing Gazoo for several episodes.
  • Don't care what people have to say about it. This is a great show!

The Flintstones are awesome! Fred Flintstone is hilarious. "yabba dabba doo!" and his best friend Barney Rubble is also cool! Great family show without any violence that anyone can watch without feeling offended by any of the lines. A unique idea of bringing the family to the stone age is what made this show so great!

Ok, so maybe some people think this is a rip-off from another cartoon, but don't forget that this is a major classic which started off a revolution of cartooning!
  • A primative family.

The Flintstones was about Fred, Wilma, Dino, Pebbles, Barney, Betty, Hoppy, and Bam Bam doing all sorts of whack. It was a picture of good animation. Though it was cancelled, it is on DVD and i can buy it right now. This show was awesome and deserves to be on the air again.
  • Yabba Dabba Doo - What a great show this was!

This is the original dysfunctional cartoon family. Its funny because the antics that the Flinstones and the Rubbles got up to are pretty tame compared with the likes of Family Guy and American Dad now.

This is the show that influenced the Simpsons and I thank it for that! Fred, Wilma and Pebbles became Homer, Marge and Maggie.
  • The Flintstones is a show that will be remembered as a classic.

The Flintstones is a show that depicts life during the Stone Age. The show focuses around one family, the Flintstones. Fred is the husband that works at a quarry, Wilma is his wife, who is a homemaker. Dino, their dinosaur pet, and Pebbles, the Flintstone baby that was added during the series. Their neighbors were the Rubbles: Barney, Fred's friend that works at the quarry with him, Betty, Wilma's friend and Barney's wife, and Bamm-Bamm, their strong son that the Rubbles adopted.

This was one of the best shows and it still is. It was really funny, especially the way they use animals as devices like vacuum cleaner, garbage disposal, etc. It had a great plot, great characters and voice actors, and it is original. This show is a classic, too. Overall, a classic superb show.
    9/10.
    ~Pharaoh2.
  • The original primetime family ...

The first is usually always the best.

The first series of The Flintstones came out in the early 1960s and still has a place in many people affections today. It's a classic, and will probably always be one of my all time favourite shows. I never tired from watching the antics of Fred and Barney, along with their poor wives Wilma and Betty who always endure the end results of their actions.

Not only is this series entertaining, it also one of the most influential. We wouldn't have the likes of The Simpsons if it hadn't been for Fred & Wilma Flintstone.
  • This is one of the best Cartoons from Primetime ever, great for people kids to adults.

This was one of my favorite shows when I was a kid, I used to watch it all the time, then later when I discovered Cartoon Network, I got to watch it more often, but now I watch it on Boomerang and on DVD.

Each season offered something special and I know of this series haveing so many specials and movies that I can't keep track. While the animation on the show was not too impressive, the animation on the specials and movies was great. But sometimes it is simple animation to make a great show, I don't think I would like this show as much if it had better animation in place of the animation it had when it was made, One episode that confuses me however is the episode "The Snorkasaurus Hunter" While it explains how Dino came, he was really smart in that one and spoke, I wish I knew why that changed but oh well.

I like many of the episodes that feature mainly Fred and Barney together because for me it had the most laughs.

I loved every episode, every special, and every movie of this great series from the sixties and hope some day they all come out on DVD so I can have the whole bunch. And even after all that, The Flintstones have continued to go on with their popular cereal commercials "Fruity and Cocoa Pebbles" with while about 30 seconds, some nice laughs.

I would recommend this show to many kids and many adults who love humor and a spin on a interesting vision of the past, It makes you think if the Stone Age really was modern, how life would be for you back then.
  • before my time

The flintstones where before my time, but I watched the reruns when I was younger and they where great thats why I gave it a classic rating, its also had one opening theme that was funny, Dino was one of my favorite characters, he always would lick Fred when he came home, One episode i liked was the flintstones/Jetsons crossover Future meets past what a great special. ya-ba-da-ba-doo.
  • Great show, really creative.

The flinstones were one of the most creative cartoon families ever. They propeled their car by their feet and had a pet dinosaur. They still went through the same problems that we have today. This is what sperated the flinstones from other cartoons. The show was great and is one of T.V.'s classics.
  • its yabba dabba doo

a great show i love it it is so funny dinos a dork hey why is he always running over fred but ya gotta love him anyway freds funny and mean to his wife and then there wilma herself she just cleans and plots things to mess up fred and barneys plans that barney hes the neighbor always getting into trouble his wife is a bitch.

EROK
  • A good show for audiences of all ages.

Soon after the flintstones, they made the jetsons which in my opinion wasn't as good. It's not often that they make good shows like this anymore. Normally the new kids shows they make are boring and sadly stupid then come a few golden shows like SpongeBob, The Fairly Oddparents, and Invader ZIM! which delight and enrapture the young and the old. I used to watch this show with my grandpa all the time so it's my opinion to like this show but you might like it too if you haven't already seen it.
  • The Flintstones was a magnicent show about a modern 1960's couple (and later on child) that just happens to also be set in the stone Age, two time periods in one, extra points for creativity!

The Flintstones has always been a favorite of mine. Everything, the characters, the plot outline, the animal convinences, the stone houses, were so original! There was Fred, the bumbling, slighty mean, crabby, but good at heart Fred (and main character)Barney, Fred's best friend, corny, short and lovable, Wilma, wife of Fred, funny, your basic wife and mother figure, Betty, wife of Barney. loyal, best friend to Wilma, Dino,tone age dog, Pebbles, adorable baby of Fred and Wilma, and Bam-Bam, strongest baby in the world, pride of Betty and Barney. Next, each episode was realistic, with a comedic touch, not just complete and otter sillyness. They also had wonderful supporting characters/guest stars whether it be Wilma's mom, Uncle Tex, Mr. Slate, Arnold the paper boy, the kissing burgler, or even that guy with a wheezing laugh in "Dial "s" For Suspision". Now on to the few things I didn't about this show 1.The Continuity- The house always changing, the cars, Dino's color, Mr. Slate, events that happen in episodes, the same thing over and over again while they run, it was just plain annoying, and 2. Hoppy, can I hear an annoying/ totally pointless chant!?But in concusion, the LFlintstones was still a wonderful show that both kids and adults will love :)!
  • lol i love dino lol

thsi show is like soo freakin funny i love it for it bein an old show and w/e its a pretty good one if ya ask me now i know i say a lot of shows are really good and that i love em but i only like to comment on ones i really really really like or really really really hate lol but this show soo totally rocks got a lot of "stoneage" humor lol
  • I loved the Flintstones as a child, but watching it back as a teenager has raised some questions.

Don't get me wrong, I love The Flintstones - but I just wonder how I ever put up with watching the obnoxiousness of Fred Flintstone. He had his moments when he was sweet, or funny, but the constant "You're my wife, you're there to cook me dinner, you're not supposed to have a social life" etc wound me up a little. If I was Wilma, I would've been out that door faster than you can say "See ya!"

But I absoloutely love Barney, he is so sweet, and in the later episodes, I thought Pebbles and Bam Bam were the most adorable cartoon babies ever.
  • The Flinstones

This show is really awesome and funny. This is like watching the 1960's version of The Simpsons. Having the two main characters Fred as Homer Simpson and Barney as Barney Gumble. This show is a classic. I watch this show occasionally whenever its on because the jokes are funny in it. As I said this show will forever a classic.
  • Aaaawwwww! The Flintstones! Why forget this?

This is the first animated show air in prime-time but in early, we're accusated the series that considered like a spoof of The Honeymooners, but with the months, the cartoon are a great success.

In my memory, The Flintstones are one of my 10 favorite cartoon shows than i watch in my life. But for a French-Canadian like me, that's the excellent Quebec dubbed than i force me to watch. It's too great! Same better than the original voices of Alan Reed, Bea Benaderet and Mel Blanc. Ok, i don't try to offense you, but i considered the voices of Paul Berval as Fred Flintstone, Denise Proulx as Wilma, Claude Michaud as Barney Rubble and Monique Miller as Betty very brillant and sometime better than the Quebec dubbing of The Simpsons without of course injure the great works of the actors behind the Quebec voices at The Simpsons.

The most funny in this story are the Quebec dub. version is starting only in... 1973! 13 years after the original air on US. Why wait so longtime? Well, in Quebec, that's now a habit.

Yes. The Flintstones is a real sitcom like we wishes have nowadays and without this, we're never have The Simpsons, King of the Hill and Family Guy
  • Flintstones meet the Flintstones .........

What a classic cartoon it would be one of the first that comes to mind when you mention cartoons.
    Pebbles, Bam Bam, Dino, Wilma, Fred were all favorites of mine.
    Fred was so funny and I loved how Dino would always lick his face when he got home, how loyal.
    A childhood favorite.
  • I Love the show and I think it should come on tv channels like nick, disney channel, abc family and cartoonnetwork. So me and my friends can watch it with our kids in the future.

I Love the show and I think they need to bring it back, on channels like nick, disney channel, cartoonnetwork and abc family. I grew up watching this show and the Jetsons I Love both shows and I wish they where on the channels I listed above so my baby cousins could watch them and love them as much as I do.
  • woooo flinstones

i never actually knew it was this old but woah even for a show this old its great and im glad its still being aired on channels. i love the fact that this show is so original in the ways like how they use the bird as a remote control absoloutely classic
  • really great show

this show is a classic everyone show watch this show i sure can't wait till the whole series is out on dvds. i watch this show every night on teletoon never gets old. the moive was great too i would highly recommend this show to anyone who has not seen it.
  • One of the most classic cartoons

I love The Flinstones! It's great for kids, but i especially like it because it has adult-level humor. The jokes are funny, and the references to other movies stars and adult in-jokes are good. All my characters are my favorite. I like alot of the episodes-esp the one where Fred dances to "Twith". But i get the episodes confused-because how many times did Barney and Fred go to the fridge for a midnight snack-like a giant sandwich ? :) I like the receptionist who says "You hawv a cawl, Mista Slate". And i like when the girls and the guys gain up on each other for some battle of the sexes. The movie was pretty good too (except Fred's new woman boss was out of place)This show is just all-around good,intellegent entertainment.
  • It started in 1960. And now Barney is plotting to steal Fred's Cereal.

It started in 1960. And now Barney is plotting to steal Fred's Cereal. Why can't Barney just buy his own box?!

The first few episodes are very old. And Mr. Slate looked like Mr. Spacely! and the Mr. Slate we know was actually called Mr. RockHead. And then they got better, but I don't really like the stone ages.
    Then they had a syndicated version of the show, produced by Screen Gems, where they had a studio audience.

And they had The Pebbles And Bamm Bamm Show. And the kids were all different ages.

They made a movie. I liked them, but they could have done much better. They have great actors. And I thought it was funny when Bamm Bamm pushed Pebbles on the swing.

They made many Christmas Specials, and then they had the Jetsons and The Flintstones Crossover.

But I don't like the commercials at all. "Bawnee! My Pebbles!"
  • This is a classic its been around since the stone age if you get what I mean.

This show is nearly perfect, the only hiccough in all of the flintstones was when they met the jetsons, that was the worst episode ever and will be the worst episode ever. But overall this program is great for all ages 0 to as old as you get (which is old).
  • Classic

Okay, I know this is a really old cartoon but it is brilliant. I used to watch repeats of it on Cartoon Network all the time. I used to love it although I could never understand why they bothered to take the car as they had to walk in the car and carry it so wouldn't it have been simpler to walk everywhere? The dinosaur tools always made me laugh especially the washing mashine and the garden clippers. They were so cute. BamBam and Pebbles were adorable too but my favourite character would have to be Fred. I know it is set in the stone age but he reminded me so much of my dad - except the fact he liked bowling - my dad is awful at bowling, he'll go straight in the gutter.
  • Not very good

I think that it is just plain stupid i mean the way they walk they look so wierd and the things they do is ment to be funny i have seen over 1000 shows funnyer than that its a stupid waste of time stupid and annoying. they should stop it while they have the chance
  • An entertaining older animated series, Staring a Selfish, and funny man, Fred Flintstone, his wife, Wilma, and their neighbors, Barney, and Betty, living lives in the prehistoric town of Bedrock. Whenever they get in trouble, they try to sneak out of it,

I love this show! Its not really on anymore too much, but I would watch it anytime! The best Older show ever! I think its very funny, and good-natured! I wish they made a new series of The Flintstones! I watched it growing up on Cartoon Network, but I don't see it on anymore. If anyone knows the times this show is on, please let me know!!!!!! Thanks, and I recomend you watch this show!
  • Before my time, but a true classic.

I used to love this show when I was a little kid. A local affiliate began airing it on Saturday mornings and on weekdays right before school, along with "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You". I loved these shows just as much as I did the FOX Kids stuff - "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers", "Big Bad Beetleborgs", and all the other stuff.

Now, almost an adult, I've left the FOX Kids stuff behind but the classic cartoons still have a place in my heart. These are the cartoons that were fit for families to watch together, harmless entertainment, stuff that will outlast the new crap that dominates the airwaves nowadays.

"The Flintstones" is set in a fantasy prehistoric world where man and dinosaurs live at the same time. The first season, which I am going through right now for the first time in a LONG time, is mainly about Fred Flintstone and his misadventures with his vertically-challenged best friend, Barney Rubble. All they want to do is have fun, bowl, and be men but must are often foiled by their wives, Wilma and Betty, who just want their husbands to grow up. Later on in the show the families get kids, which is pretty fun.

If you are interested in classic animation, do yourself a favor and either check this show out on DVD or get Boomerang through your local cable or sattellite provider. It's hard to believe Cartoon Network put all this classic stuff on a channel that very few people have in favor of crap like "The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy".
  • Yabba Dabba Doo !!!!!!!

While the Flinstones may have ended the year before i was born I have seen & loved almost every episode since i was a kid !!! I remember watching The Flintstones @ noon on (CFTO) CTV when i came home for lunch from school or was on holidays !!! Just finised watching The Flintstone Canerries earlier today & got a chuckle out of the Softsoap angle.
    =============================
    Can't beleieve Telletoon is taking The Flintstones off it's schedual BIG MISTAKE !!!!!
  • One of the most well known cartoons ever!

The Flintstones is a wonderful cartoon that was ground-breaking in the cartoon industry. Hanna Barbara created this show for kids but people of all ages fell in love with the Bedrock family. The Flintstones is centered around the lives of Fred, Barney, Willma, and Betty. It tells the everyday stories of these friendly neigbors. If you have never been exposed to this classic show I highly recommend you cecking it out. Even though the show is ageing it still obtains all the elements of a great series. The Flintstones were on the air for six seasons and every episode is a jewel.
1 2 3 4