The Flintstones

ABC (ended 2001)

virginia17

The Flintstones Fan Reviews page 4 of 4

• Cartoon classic loosely based on The Honeymooners.Fred and Wilma and their pet Dino live next door to their friends Barney and Betty

You can have the Rugrats, You can take the Simpsons.... and what is Family Guy? The Flintstones is one of the best comedies ever in animation or not.While it is loosely based on The Honeymooners,I for one prefer this.... Even as a child I knew it was ahead of its time with its commentary on life.
  • I love The Flintstone's. It's one of the best shows of all time and paved the way for some of my favorite primetime animated series today

\"Yabba dabba doo\" is still my favorite catchphrase of all time. The famous words of Fred Flintstone are some of the most famous of all time, and are still remembered today. Even though The Flintstone\'s started in 1960, people still enjoy it today. It doesn\'t matter if you are an old-school Hanna-Barbera guy or like the newer shows like Family Guy or American Dad, you have to like The Flintstone\'s. It was the first primetime animated series, and put Hanna-Barbera on the map. Even though it was a bit like The Honeymooners, it had a uniqueness all of it\'s own with it\'s wacky inventions to prehistoric storylines. For me, it ranks right up there with the best T.V. shows ever.
  • Good

6.8
  • Great Show For Everyone

This show is so much fun to watch. This is in my top 10 favorite cartoons. I like the everyday kind of cartoon. The animation isnt so well but it was made a long time ago. The animation doesnt bother me though. As Fred Flinstone would say: Yabba Dabba Do!!!!
  • Good show!

7.1
    I think every kid grew up watching the Flintstones!!!! I know I did. They were on several times a day on several channels. This is one show that parents actually watched too. They don't make cartoons like this anymore. I never cared for the two live movies they made. The cartoon was so much better.
  • Now You can get Season 1 on DVD. Season 2 Season 3 Hanna Barbena. Good Cartoon on TV. Get your Season 1 now at your store. 28 Episodes on Season 1. This a good cartoo

DVD

Season 1 - Out now
    Season 2 - Out now
    Season 3 - Out now

Goto your DVD store.

You will love it.

You get info about the cartoon.

The voises behind the cartoon.

Fun.

Games.

Funny. The first famly on your home.

Watch them over agian.

I like to know which one you like in this cartoon? E-mail

• Yabba dabba doo!

As a 15-year-old, the Flinstones certainly is before my time but also is probably my favourite cartoon ever.

Whatever anyone else says, The Flinstones will always be one of the best cartoons in television history. People who say that The Simpsons or Family Guy is the best doesn't know good slapstick cartoon comedy.

The Flinstones is a cartoon set in prehistoric times about Fred Flinstone, just your regular caveman (well ... as regular as cavemen can be) who was getting into Homer-style mistakes in his life with his partner-in-crime Barney. The Flintstones was a parody on modern suburban life, set in the Stone Age. The characters in the cartoon series all behaved and spoke in a contemporary manner, though they lived in the prehistoric city of Bedrock.

Over the years, producers have tried to remake the show into a movie but these remakes failed to impress. There is just no comparison to the Sixties cartoon.

My personal favourite is "The Mailman Cometh", an episode where we find out that Fred was an army sergeant. But that's not what the episode is about. From TV Tome, here is the official description:

"Fuming that he is the only employee of the quarry not to received a raise in the mail, Fred writes a blistering letter to his boss, Mr. Slate, then Wilma frantically tries to retrieve it after Mr. Slate apologizes for the oversight."

Wilma has a great purse in this episode by the way. And Wilma and Fred are one of the greatest couples of television history - and it wasn't even primetime television (at least, I think so).
1 2 3 4 >