The Flintstones

ABC (ended 2001)

virginia17

The Flintstones Fan Reviews page 4 of 4

• Genuine classic..

The Flinstones are a family that is sure to be a winner for all ages. You will never get tired of there silly jokes or Fred's "Yabadaba DOOO"
    Characters:
    The Flinstones;
    Fred: Husband, and father, and comedian of all sorts
    Willma: Wife, Mother, and loyal

The Rubbles;
    Barney: Father, husband, and Fred's "sidekick"
    Betty: mother, wife, and Willma's best friend

The Kids;
    Pebbles: baby girl and adorable
    Bam-Bam: baby boy and always carries his club around (now I hope you understand why his name is Bam-Bam)
    If you enjoy this show you might enjoy The Jetsons, The Simpsons, or Family Guy
  • Classic yet still funny

The Flinstones will remain funny, and the silly characters will remain the icons they are these days. The lives of Fred and Barney are a reflection to the American society back then and still are. It still is one of the most original concepts there is. The animation is kinda s*cky, but that doesn't bother me. The Flinstones forever, yabba dabba do :D
  • Prehistoric Classic!

The Flinstones have been an amazing cartoon show to watch over the years. As a kid I used to watch it every day after school. It opened my mind with a different perspective of animation. I still have the original episodes on video tape and watch them from time to time to remember the memories. I love these characters with Barney, Fred, Wilma and Dino. I love it when Fred yells “WILMAAA!” it is just hilarious. Often catch people singing “Meet the Flinstones” theme song which is amazing. My favorite character is Pebbles because she is the cutest cartoon ever. This show will always stay a classic in my heart.
  • Prehistoric fun!

I call the Flintstones my "comfort" show.It doesn't matter how many times I've seen an episode,I love to watch,and laugh.
    Honeymooners of the Stone-Age,the Flintstones is actually a nostalgic look back into cartoons of the 60's.
    Celebrity appearances of Ann "Margerock" "Rock Hudstone" or musical numbers by the Wayouts and Fred playing "HiFi",are a reflection back of entertainment days gone by.
    The constant bickering between Fred and Wilma is always funny,and he and Barney always find trouble with laugh out loud consequences.
    The first two seasons are the funniest and I recommend adding them to your DVD collection.
    So pop in a DVD of The Flintstones and journey back into time.
    Prehistoric 1960's,that is!
  • Cartoon classic loosely based on The Honeymooners.Fred and Wilma and their pet Dino live next door to their friends Barney and Betty

You can have the Rugrats, You can take the Simpsons.... and what is Family Guy? The Flintstones is one of the best comedies ever in animation or not.While it is loosely based on The Honeymooners,I for one prefer this.... Even as a child I knew it was ahead of its time with its commentary on life.
  • I love The Flintstone's. It's one of the best shows of all time and paved the way for some of my favorite primetime animated series today

\"Yabba dabba doo\" is still my favorite catchphrase of all time. The famous words of Fred Flintstone are some of the most famous of all time, and are still remembered today. Even though The Flintstone\'s started in 1960, people still enjoy it today. It doesn\'t matter if you are an old-school Hanna-Barbera guy or like the newer shows like Family Guy or American Dad, you have to like The Flintstone\'s. It was the first primetime animated series, and put Hanna-Barbera on the map. Even though it was a bit like The Honeymooners, it had a uniqueness all of it\'s own with it\'s wacky inventions to prehistoric storylines. For me, it ranks right up there with the best T.V. shows ever.
  • Good

6.8
  • Great Show For Everyone

This show is so much fun to watch. This is in my top 10 favorite cartoons. I like the everyday kind of cartoon. The animation isnt so well but it was made a long time ago. The animation doesnt bother me though. As Fred Flinstone would say: Yabba Dabba Do!!!!
  • Good show!

7.1
    I think every kid grew up watching the Flintstones!!!! I know I did. They were on several times a day on several channels. This is one show that parents actually watched too. They don't make cartoons like this anymore. I never cared for the two live movies they made. The cartoon was so much better.
  • Now You can get Season 1 on DVD. Season 2 Season 3 Hanna Barbena. Good Cartoon on TV. Get your Season 1 now at your store. 28 Episodes on Season 1. This a good cartoo

DVD

Season 1 - Out now
    Season 2 - Out now
    Season 3 - Out now

Goto your DVD store.

You will love it.

You get info about the cartoon.

The voises behind the cartoon.

Fun.

Games.

Funny. The first famly on your home.

Watch them over agian.

I like to know which one you like in this cartoon? E-mail

• Yabba dabba doo!

As a 15-year-old, the Flinstones certainly is before my time but also is probably my favourite cartoon ever.

Whatever anyone else says, The Flinstones will always be one of the best cartoons in television history. People who say that The Simpsons or Family Guy is the best doesn't know good slapstick cartoon comedy.

The Flinstones is a cartoon set in prehistoric times about Fred Flinstone, just your regular caveman (well ... as regular as cavemen can be) who was getting into Homer-style mistakes in his life with his partner-in-crime Barney. The Flintstones was a parody on modern suburban life, set in the Stone Age. The characters in the cartoon series all behaved and spoke in a contemporary manner, though they lived in the prehistoric city of Bedrock.

Over the years, producers have tried to remake the show into a movie but these remakes failed to impress. There is just no comparison to the Sixties cartoon.

My personal favourite is "The Mailman Cometh", an episode where we find out that Fred was an army sergeant. But that's not what the episode is about. From TV Tome, here is the official description:

"Fuming that he is the only employee of the quarry not to received a raise in the mail, Fred writes a blistering letter to his boss, Mr. Slate, then Wilma frantically tries to retrieve it after Mr. Slate apologizes for the oversight."

Wilma has a great purse in this episode by the way. And Wilma and Fred are one of the greatest couples of television history - and it wasn't even primetime television (at least, I think so).
1 2 3 4 >