The Flintstones

ABC (ended 2001)

virginia17

The Flintstones Fan Reviews (101)

• Classic and great cartoon.

Nowadays, I don't watch the Flintstones anymore but when I was young, I loved it. Great show!
  • Flintstones 10

The greatest
  • I Yabba-Dabba-Doo Love This Show!!!! Whoever hates it, have no taste in television.

I just really love The Flintstones! One of the bests!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • CLASSIC!

CLASSIC JUST CLASSIC!
  • Childhood memories.

Ahh, yes! This cartoon made a huge mark in my memories! Family oriented too. Fred Flinstone, a man that lives in the cretaceous period, always sets adventures on a different astonishing places, along with his wife, Wilma, and his friend, Barney Rubble. Rubble has a wife Betty. Their wives, most of the time, likes to drag them back home because of unfinished errands, too dangerous places, and if they have something in command. He has a pet dino, which sometimes causes trouble in an funny way. Their silly nature results in more craziness! Their voice acting is nice, art is retro, good. Overall: 10. Perfect show, cartoon. A legend for my childhood. "YABBADABBADOO!"
  • Great for family and kids!

This ideal family goes on adventures in their cavemen outfits, and encounters dinosaurs and more! The graphics are great, the characters are classics for a reason because of they're remarkable voiceovers, silly atittudes, and come on, who can really forget Wilma and Fred?!
  • Wilma and Betty

When I was little I had a Fred,Barney,Pebbles,Bam Bam and Dino set too bad they never had Betty and Wilma. The Bam Bam one came with a drinking straw and a cup I still have the cup.
  • An American Classic

Before King of The Hill, Family Guy or the Simpsons or any other animated series there was the Flintstones. Yabba Dabba Doo is a part of the American lexicon and lovable lug Fred Flintstone is an American icon. Fred might be loudmouthed, illtempered and a goof but he loves his wife Wilma, dotes on his daughter Pebbles (or Pebbly-Poo as lovingly called her) gets tackled by Dino and is a loyal friend to his neighbor Barney Rubble. Though some might call the cartoon dated, it is a piece of Americana and just simple fun. Any and all primetime cartoons owe must trace their lineage back to this Modern Stone Age family.
  • Perfect; How can you not like it?

This is another one of those animated classics from the 60's that I love to watch when I get the time. The Flintstones are legendary, as the first animated comedy geared towards children, and man was it fun to watch. I occasionally watch it on boomerang, and it will forever be a cherished memory for me. It was simple and clean fun, nothing dirty or over the top or random like today's cartoons. Just funny. Plain and simple. They may have gone downhill before it ended, but who cares. I still love it, and anyone who likes animation needs to watch this. 10/10 A+
  • perfect

One of the most well-beloved cartoon series of all time. I like it a lot myself. The show is about Fred Flintstone, his wife and kids, and his friend Barney Rubble, all in Bedrock. There's a lot to love about this show- it's funny, the plots are good, the characters are likable and overall it is a really funny and entertaining show. Timeless. I'll bet people in the future will like this show too. It's not the best cartoon ever or anything but it is really enjoyable. If you have not seen it I definitely recommend it. A perfect show
  • About friends living in the Stone Age.

I love the Flintstones. It's such an original show. It's always been one of my favorites. It amazes me that a show lasted so long, from 1960 to 2001. The character have been pardonied in many shows. This show is about 4 friends and kids living in the stone age. It is considered a classic lasting four decades. The Flintstones still airs on Cartoon Network's sister channel, Boomerang along with many other classics. The Flintstones is said to be like The Simpsons except older. Overall I give The Flintstones an outstanding 10. It's one of the best shows of all time.
  • One of my favorite childhood shows.

When I was little, 'The Flintstones' was one of my favorite shows that was on Cartoon Network and I would watch it every time I got the chance. My parents stopped having cable when I was 5 but then got it back later when I was 6 so I started watching it again and I loved watching in daily. I seriously think that 'The Flintstones' and 'Scooby-Doo' are the 2 best shows that Hanna Barbara ever made. 'The Flintstones' has always been a hilarious show. It has always cracked me up how Barney would make Fred mad and how Fred would get angry at Barney. They where kind of reminded me of Earnie and Bert from 'Sesame Street'. XD It's also funny how the charactors use animals and such for different objects like a porcupine for a comb or an elephant for a vaccume cleaner and the animal would comment on how hard it was. The series got better and better as it went along. It introduced more enjoyable charactors like Pebbles and Bamm Bamm plus it got a better intro and outro. I don't think anything ever made this show go downhill, not even the Great Gazoo even though some Flintstones fans hate him. I don't think 'The Jetsons' could ever be any funnier the 'The Flintstones' and I think 'The Flintstones' is pretty much a tie with 'The Simpsons' in my opinion.
  • One of the greatst of All Time!

The Flintstones is a classic how can anyone not like, The Flintstones? It is such a joyful show to watch it always will make you happy. If your upset welll maybe not all of the time but you get what I mean, The Flinstones has been on TV for years. While I would change it to make The Flinstones on a channel, were everyone can watch The Flintstones. I think its good still that it airs on Boomerang channel if anyone ever wants to, watch a classic cartoon try to watch The Flintstones. Compared to amny terrible cartoons out on TV now days The Flinstones, and the other classic cartoons are 100 times better. I rate The Flinststones a 10.
  • The first and best primtime animated series. Fred Flintstone ranks up there with Ralph Kramden as an iconic character

What can you say about the modern stone age family that hasn't already been said. Yea, Fred was a hothead, but you would be hard pressed to find a more lovable lug. His wife Wilma was patient loving and more often than not his foil. Barney Rubble was his best friend, bosom buddy and lifelong companion and Barney's Betty had to have had one of the classic laughs in TV. Sure the plota sometimes had more holes than a swiss cheese factory, but it was good clean fun and a cartoon staple for a generation. This scribe was born 6 years after it stopped airing first run and still grew up on it.
  • The misadventures of two best friends who buy caves next door to each other. One of the greatest animated series of all time.

Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble are next door neighbors, best friends (most of the time), and members of the Bedrock Water Buffalo Lodge. Fred works at a construction company. Unfortunately, Barney has problems keeping jobs. He has a few different employers during the course of the series. Wilma Flintstone and Betty Rubble are housewives, except for one episode where Wilma is a TV star and another where Betty runs errands for a "senior citizen" who turns out to be a counterfeiter. Both the Flinstsone and Rubble families get a new addition. Wilma has a daughter, Pebbles. Betty adopts a son, Bamm-Bamm. Pets also play a role in the series. The Flintstones have a dinosaur named Dino. The Rubbles have a Hopasaurus (cross between a dinosaur and kangaroo) named Hoppy. I think the best thing about "The Flintstones" was the celebrity guest appearances. I especially remember the episode in which "Darrin and Samantha Stephenstone" appeared.(Actually Mr. & Mrs. Stephens from "Bewitched") When the series was cancelled, it still remained on the air in syndication. Various reincarnations of the series also were developed, including "Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm" and "The Flintstones Kids". There were even two live action movies made. My favorite was the first one. My favorite movie moment was Betty's shopping trip to Bloomingstone's Department store. Her "Ameristone Express" credit card is declined and Wilma pays the bill for her. I will forever remember the wonderful times I had watching this show!
  • One of the greatest cartoons ever made!

The Flintstones chronicle the daily lives of Bedrock residents, the Flintstones, and the Rubbles. From these simple characters, come a half hour of gags, laughs, and moments that you will never forget. This show has been my favorite ever since I was a little kid. Ever since I first saw this show, I fell in love with the characters, and even the animation style. This show makes me laugh continuously for 30 minutes striaght, because there is just so much material that connects to my happier side. This show also set the trend for later cartoons, and shows. I love classic cartoons, but this one has to be my favorite.
  • a show for all ages

The Flintsones is a show for all ages. Fred and Barney were mky favorites when I was a kid, I like it now and I am almost sure that I will like it when I am old. It has everything: comedy, plus great adventures and funny complicated situations. At the end it got a little shallow, especially when Gazoo apeared. But, besides that, it was a really great show about a stone age society mirrored in our modern society. Same ocupations, same problems, same life. Only a lot of years earlier...

"The Flintstones" is by far the best animated sitcom.
  • classic and one of the funniest ever!

this is one of hte first shows i remenber whatching.

i thought it was really funny adn whatched every episode lol.

one of hte things i loved the most was fred and barney's frienship. even if fred was sometimes mean to him their friendship was always very strong.

my favourite character has to be pebbles. she was just too adorable! i remenber trying to do my hair like her lol, i don't actually remenber if i suceeded.

i still enjoy it and whatch it if i can, brings back memories

this is a really great show for kids, funny and interesting and i think everybody would enjoy it.
  • Flintstone meet the flintstone they are modern stonage family.

Ok if the Jetson family is about an family living the future world.Than the Flintstone is about an family who lives in the prehistoric time.Where they technology is using dinosaurs and other kind of junk.Meet Fred Flintsone and his family.Even his next door neighbor "The Rubbles" There are many adventures in Bedrock.Flintstone is another cartoon classic.It is an average family that lives in Bedrock always dealing the samethings that we are dealing with.Yes! I loved this cartoon.It is another classic.I really love it.I loved the theme song and I loved in the ending scene where when Fred puts the cat out.The cat throws him out and he shouts Wilma!!!! Yeah an instant classic.They also made two live action flintsone movies as well.But still I love the Flintsone.
  • NOBODY DOES IT LIKE HANNA-BARBARA!

Who doesn't love The Flintstones? Nobody. How could you not love them? The Flintstones is the first animated sitcom, followed by The Jetsons, and then the Simpsons, Family guy, and so on. This show will never get old, you could watch the same episode one hundred times and still enjoy it. Even though they say it's supposed to be a cartoon version of The Honeymooners, I still see this as one of the most original cartoons too be broadcast. It's a cartoon of all ages, me and my dad would sit down on the couch and watch the episodes that he watched as a kid. The Flintstones certainly is a family show.
  • Awsome show!

I love this TV show! It is from the 60's but it still is such a good show. It has been off air for a while but it has finally got put back on air on the cartoon chanel. This show has originally aired 1:30 on the cartoon chanel and I thought it was a great classic show! Again this TV show iss a great TV show that should really be put back on air for ever!
  • Cavemen like people live with dinosourse (sp).

This has to be the greatest old cartoon!!!!!!! I love this show! I still love it! It has to be the most creative cartoon I have ever seen! I mean they had to make every bit of it up! And the best part is the way they use all thoes big animals! It is halarious to see what they have them all doing! When they compare it to the Jetsons I would have to say the the Flinstones win by a landslide! I loved all the movies that were made too! My Most favorit character scince I was a kid has always been peabels!
  • Classic animated show about a prehistoric family named the Flintstones.

This show is famously based on "The Honeymooners" TV show staring Jackie Gleason. Jackie's part is taken over by Fred Flintstone.

His best friend and neighbor is Barney Rubble that was Art Carney's part. He is likeable and loyal to his best friend but not the sharpest tool in the shed. The two best friends do everything together. They bowl on the same team and they belong to the same lodge.

The dinosaurs are a big part of the show. They are used as washing machines, record players, car horns, airplanes, cranes and even as pets.

The two main characters also have wives. They also are best friends.

This is a classic cartoon/comedy that holds up well even against current shows. If you have never seen it, watch it.
  • Nothing better than the Flintstones.

Nothing better than the Flintstones. Nothing could be better than the Flin. Nothing{ Well maybe the Jetsons} could beat them. Although lasted for a short period, they are still making wave in the U.S. and maybe around the world. And they kept going and going with the back round the show is a classic.
  • A primative family.

The Flintstones was about Fred, Wilma, Dino, Pebbles, Barney, Betty, Hoppy, and Bam Bam doing all sorts of whack. It was a picture of good animation. Though it was cancelled, it is on DVD and i can buy it right now. This show was awesome and deserves to be on the air again.
  • The original primetime family ...

The first is usually always the best.

The first series of The Flintstones came out in the early 1960s and still has a place in many people affections today. It's a classic, and will probably always be one of my all time favourite shows. I never tired from watching the antics of Fred and Barney, along with their poor wives Wilma and Betty who always endure the end results of their actions.

Not only is this series entertaining, it also one of the most influential. We wouldn't have the likes of The Simpsons if it hadn't been for Fred & Wilma Flintstone.
  • before my time

The flintstones where before my time, but I watched the reruns when I was younger and they where great thats why I gave it a classic rating, its also had one opening theme that was funny, Dino was one of my favorite characters, he always would lick Fred when he came home, One episode i liked was the flintstones/Jetsons crossover Future meets past what a great special. ya-ba-da-ba-doo.
  • A good show for audiences of all ages.

Soon after the flintstones, they made the jetsons which in my opinion wasn't as good. It's not often that they make good shows like this anymore. Normally the new kids shows they make are boring and sadly stupid then come a few golden shows like SpongeBob, The Fairly Oddparents, and Invader ZIM! which delight and enrapture the young and the old. I used to watch this show with my grandpa all the time so it's my opinion to like this show but you might like it too if you haven't already seen it.
  • lol i love dino lol

thsi show is like soo freakin funny i love it for it bein an old show and w/e its a pretty good one if ya ask me now i know i say a lot of shows are really good and that i love em but i only like to comment on ones i really really really like or really really really hate lol but this show soo totally rocks got a lot of "stoneage" humor lol
  • The Flinstones

This show is really awesome and funny. This is like watching the 1960's version of The Simpsons. Having the two main characters Fred as Homer Simpson and Barney as Barney Gumble. This show is a classic. I watch this show occasionally whenever its on because the jokes are funny in it. As I said this show will forever a classic.
< 1 2 3 4