The Flintstones

ABC (ended 2001)

virginia17

The Flintstones Fan Reviews (97)

• the most ridiculous and overrated show ever!

I once saw this at school and I hated this and I still hate this.People are trying to copy from the Roman times and I hate shows that involve history and I really hate history.Great thing its canceled and its so overrated.
  • Not very good

I think that it is just plain stupid i mean the way they walk they look so wierd and the things they do is ment to be funny i have seen over 1000 shows funnyer than that its a stupid waste of time stupid and annoying. they should stop it while they have the chance
  • Like Cotton Candy, The Flintstones Is Mostly Little Substance And A Lot Of Air

3.5
    I used to watch The Flintstones as a kid but, after having watched The Simpsons and The Jetsons for much of my adult life, the humor of this stone age cartoon has gone stale. Even Three Stooges shorts are more enjoyable...
  • Good

6.8
  • Just okay.

Perhaps I rated this show higher than my true feelings towards this show, but I feel that it is better than plenty of other shows. It had some decent humor and was entertaining while it lasted. I guess my big problem with it is that it was very predictable and easy to pick on. The characters were okay and the plots, storylines, and comedy was also decent. I could have done without all the repeated sight gags and jokes, though. Overall, this is an okay show that is mildly entertaining and also very much mildly interesting. So it wasn't bad at all. Thank you.
  • Good show!

7.1
    I think every kid grew up watching the Flintstones!!!! I know I did. They were on several times a day on several channels. This is one show that parents actually watched too. They don't make cartoons like this anymore. I never cared for the two live movies they made. The cartoon was so much better.
  • A classic parody of modern-suberban life set around 64,000,000 B.C.

7.7
    This show is the best. If you don't have it, I reccommend you buy the entire series on DVD (if you have the money and the time).

I promise that eaach and everyone will get a laugh out of these character's goofy antics. Everyone and anyone who likes The Flintstones should buy the entire series on DVD. I personally reccommend it as a part of anyone's DVD collection.

However, if you don't like The Flintstones, then I don't reccommend it as part of your DVD collection.

Like I said before, you'll most likely get a laugh out of this one. This parody of modern Suburban life is a treat the whole family can enjoy.
  • yup. perfectly fits the show.

7.7
    the flinstones was a good show. but not the least bit logical. not that i care if it's logical or not. i mean half the shows on my favorites list aren't logical. just like this show. but i like it anyway. and their theme song is good. if the show was bad, i would probably stop to listen to it.
  • Maybe too adult for me

Few ep (04)
  • The Flintstones were to animation what I Love Lucy was to live-action sitcoms. Both shows paved the way toward better fare such as The Simpsons in the decades to follow.

While the opening title sequence was merely okay for the first couple seasons, the inclusion of the theme song for The Flintstones beginning with Season 3 is instantly the most memorable thing that can be said about this classic series. The only thing that would have been funnier is if Fred would have gotten off work at the quarry; heard the whistle; utter his trademark "Yabba-Dabba-Doo!"; gotten off the bronto slide; and, instead of landing in his car, Fred ended up falling into a hole in the ground, yelling "HEY! WHAT THE--HELLLLPPPPPP!!!!" as his body flails helplessly beneath the earth en route to Hades, with Fred comically trying to run away from the Devil. Perhaps Seth MacFarlane should use this warped opening in his reboot of The Flintstones, scheduled to air on FOX in 2013.
  • Going down in History

To measure the history of television from 1960 to 1966, you have to measure the success of "the Flintstones." It became one of the first cartoon series to made to prime time. when it did, a good number of cartoons series went to prime time. In 1960, the flintstones were selling cigerettes. When Pebbles arrived a few years later, the cigerette commericals were gone and were replaced with Welch's Grape. Hanna Barbara has made "the Jetsons" into Prime time in 1962, but it lasted one season, but the reruns remain. By 1966, when ABC cancelled "the Flintstones," there are the last animated series to leave prime time to go to Saturday Morning Television. They were rerun on NBC before it went syndicated. they are some episode that are good and some are not, but whatever you like them or not, you can appreached the fun you had with the Flintstones.
  • I loved the Flintstones as a child, but watching it back as a teenager has raised some questions.

Don't get me wrong, I love The Flintstones - but I just wonder how I ever put up with watching the obnoxiousness of Fred Flintstone. He had his moments when he was sweet, or funny, but the constant "You're my wife, you're there to cook me dinner, you're not supposed to have a social life" etc wound me up a little. If I was Wilma, I would've been out that door faster than you can say "See ya!"

But I absoloutely love Barney, he is so sweet, and in the later episodes, I thought Pebbles and Bam Bam were the most adorable cartoon babies ever.
  • Classic yet still funny

The Flinstones will remain funny, and the silly characters will remain the icons they are these days. The lives of Fred and Barney are a reflection to the American society back then and still are. It still is one of the most original concepts there is. The animation is kinda s*cky, but that doesn't bother me. The Flinstones forever, yabba dabba do :D
  • As much I hate to admit it.. this is a classic.

As much I hate to admit it.. this is a classic. And i hate to do that beckause it aint my type of a show. But if you look at the fame it got and lots of fans, you will se the magic of this show. It just is a good cartoon that you start to watch and its hard for you to stop ! Even if it is old, every episode has a good plot that always brings a smile..even a little one.. on your face. You may like other types of shows, but you gotta love this one.
  • The Flintstones were essentially The Honeymooners,but set in the Stone Age.Fred was a hard working quarry worker married to strong-willed Wilma,and their best friends were Barney and Betty Rubble.

Yes,The Flintstones were a copy of The Honeymooners,and yes,many of the early plots were very similar to the former series,but The Flintstones developed its own style,and at least in the early shows,there was strong writing,and great comic acting from the four stars.It doesnt really suprise me that Michael Maltese was one of the writers on the early shows,because he had such a hilarious style working with Chuck Jones at Warner Bros.There was some great satire on marriage in the first few seasons,and on pregnancy when Wilma got pregnant on the show.Unfortunately,adding a baby changed the whole direction of the series.There was less satire on marriage and more silly plotlines.In some ways its similar to what happened on I love Lucy,but even there they still managed to find ways to get Lucy into trouble.But The Flintstones needed that edge to stay funny,and having a baby took away that edge.It became just another run of the mill family sitcom.But at its best,it was as funny as any sitcom of the period.I still thnk it is one of the most underrated sitcoms in TV history.

• One of the most well known cartoons ever!

The Flintstones is a wonderful cartoon that was ground-breaking in the cartoon industry. Hanna Barbara created this show for kids but people of all ages fell in love with the Bedrock family. The Flintstones is centered around the lives of Fred, Barney, Willma, and Betty. It tells the everyday stories of these friendly neigbors. If you have never been exposed to this classic show I highly recommend you cecking it out. Even though the show is ageing it still obtains all the elements of a great series. The Flintstones were on the air for six seasons and every episode is a jewel.
  • Pretty good family show

This show is pretty good and is sometimes funny. It is also good for a family to watch. The Flintstones is about a family with the same name as the title. They are cavemen living in a town called Bedrock, pretty much the exact opposite of the Jetsons. The three flintstones are Fred, Wilma, and Pebbles. Their neighbors are the Rubbles. They are Barney, Betty and Bam-Bam. It is a very funny show that should be brought back to cartoon network.
  • Don't care what people have to say about it. This is a great show!

The Flintstones are awesome! Fred Flintstone is hilarious. "yabba dabba doo!" and his best friend Barney Rubble is also cool! Great family show without any violence that anyone can watch without feeling offended by any of the lines. A unique idea of bringing the family to the stone age is what made this show so great!

Ok, so maybe some people think this is a rip-off from another cartoon, but don't forget that this is a major classic which started off a revolution of cartooning!
  • a show that started it all and paved the way for others like it to come

the flintstones was a really good cartoon i did not grow up in the 60s but grew up watching the repeats of the show in the 90s and was a huge fan and own all the boxsets of the show. but anyway its about two familys the rubles and the flintstones. well mostly the flintstones. but anway fred and william flintstone are married and they live right nextstore to the rubbles and fred and barney are friends and they work to geather at the quary. they do alot of mining. but anway the show has alot of funny moments like when friend pushs the police offcer in the water during a party and then goes to jail that was when they the pool made. fred and barney get into arugements and disputes sometimes and the flintstones also have a kid pepbles and a pet named dino. it was such a good show that has alot of stuff in it like the honey mooners. but i think the flintstones paved the way for such shows as the jetsons and the simpsons .
  • The Flintstones is one of the all time classics of American animation.

The Flintstones is one of the all time classics of American animation. The endurance and staying power of Fred, Barney, Wilma, and Betty is a testament to the quality of the shows.

The Flintstones was originally aimed at adults, but eventually found its niche as a children's show. The comedy is fairly standard 60s era sitcom material. But is done well and with care.

The prehistoric setting creates tons of opportunities for great visual gags. And the steady stream of "rock" puns are very enjoyable for children.

Perhaps the best thing The Flintstones had going for it was that wonderful, catchy theme song. It sort of burrows into your brain and stays there. "Flintstones, meet the Flintstones." I don't think I could forget that song if I tried.

The Flintstones is a classic show. Good, honest humor and a slice of American nostalgia. Great show.
  • The flintstones is one of my favorites cartoons thats why i rated it 8.7

I like the flintstones because it is good to see how things were back in those days compeared to these days like how the houses are made of stone and what things they used like an elephant for a shower and the way cars are designed and the lawn mowers are a baby dinosores and they did not care about wearing shoes pet dogs were pet dinosores the newspaper was made of stone the cloths were like rags how they had to wright thing on stone using a hammer and a chisel and how big the eggs are and all together i just like the flintstones.
  • Another timeless classic

' The Flintstones ' another classic cartoon which will be around long after most of us are gone. This is a classic which I did not get introduced to until syndication. It was one of the few shows which I hurried home from school just to watch. My daughter is not yet in to The Flintstones as I was when I was her age but I am surprised that she knows most of the characters.
    This was a family cartoon which your entire family could watch together and not be afraid of what was coming next. I am sorry to see that The Flintstones have been retired to a network such as Boomerang as it is not widely available to everyone as it should be.
  • Well yeah the flinstones is a classic and it paved the way for many future cartoons. Its just a great show.

Yes the Flinstones did pave the way but the show is going down hill with the new viewers. They don't even show the show any more.With out anyone to watch the Flinstones it will disaper from our television sets. There should be new episodes with better graphics. This show is a classic !!
  • An entertaining older animated series, Staring a Selfish, and funny man, Fred Flintstone, his wife, Wilma, and their neighbors, Barney, and Betty, living lives in the prehistoric town of Bedrock. Whenever they get in trouble, they try to sneak out of it,

I love this show! Its not really on anymore too much, but I would watch it anytime! The best Older show ever! I think its very funny, and good-natured! I wish they made a new series of The Flintstones! I watched it growing up on Cartoon Network, but I don't see it on anymore. If anyone knows the times this show is on, please let me know!!!!!! Thanks, and I recomend you watch this show!
  • This was a great show.

I really enjoyed this show because it was a true classic in the cartoon history. Also I liked characters like Fred because he was funny and all and I really laughed when they used to ride their cars in which were made of stone, because it was hilarious. Also Barney was funny and his son even better, like in one episode of this series that Barney's son was stronger than Fred was a really funny moment. The way Fred yelled to Velma so she could open the door of the house was also a hilarious moment and I truly enjoyed it and also this show that has been a true cartoon show that deserves it's respect through the years pass.
  • Great show, really creative.

The flinstones were one of the most creative cartoon families ever. They propeled their car by their feet and had a pet dinosaur. They still went through the same problems that we have today. This is what sperated the flinstones from other cartoons. The show was great and is one of T.V.'s classics.
  • The Honeymooners in animation

A fat loudmouth lead character, married to a faithful but severe wife never afraid to expose her husband's folly. A best friend neighbor: likeable, loyal to his best friend, but missing a tad upstairs. The friends go bowling together, go to lodge meetings together, and succeed and fail together.

The Flintstones is animated and carries a prehistoric setting. Otherwise, it's a remake of The Honeymooners. The animation makes possible anachronisms, such as a "camera" where a bird chips out a stone, dinosaurs being put to practical use, and even talking.

The Flintstones dabbles in the martian curiosities of the day, but introducing Gazoo for several episodes.
  • I love The Flintstones. It's one of my favorite cartoons ever. My favorite character is Bamm Bamm Rubble. But all of the characters were so cool.

Fred Flintstone is funny in every episode. And so is Barney Rubble. Actually, Fred, Barney, and Wilma, were the three best cartoon characters and they were always so funny together. I didn't care much about Betty Rubble. She was o.k. but they didn't do much with her. They did more with Dino than they did with Betty. My favorite character ever is Bamm Bamm Rubble. The worlds strongest boy. He made me laugh so hard every time he was on the show. It was funny how, since they lived in the stone age, they used dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures as things like can openers and phones and even the shower. It was a mammoth who sprayed water on Fred. This had to be the best cartoon ever. But I hated that stupid alien, The Great Gazoo. That character was annoying and I never liked watching the show when he was in it. That was really the only thing that I didn't like about the show. Everything else about it was great.
  • The Flintstones is a great show about the stone-age's, and I think that is really funny because of the way they do things like for instance they use their feet to make their cars go, and I just think that is what makes this show so unique!

The Flintstones is soooo funny, and it is mixed with modern day and the stone-age's, because in the stone-ages you wouldn't see people driving car, but in modern day you wouldn't see people using their feet to make it move! This is a fabulous show and I love, it even makes my parents laugh sometimes! Have you ever seen the way they use dinosaur for things like stairs etc., and elephant's for washing machine's and birds for clocks! It's so cool!!!
< 1 2 3 4