The Flintstones

ABC (ended 2001)

virginia17

The Flintstones Fan Reviews (97)

• Like Cotton Candy, The Flintstones Is Mostly Little Substance And A Lot Of Air

3.5
    I used to watch The Flintstones as a kid but, after having watched The Simpsons and The Jetsons for much of my adult life, the humor of this stone age cartoon has gone stale. Even Three Stooges shorts are more enjoyable...
  • Maybe too adult for me

Few ep (04)
  • CLASSIC!

CLASSIC JUST CLASSIC!
  • Another Classic memory that will last for a lifetime.

This show is almost perfect. The only issue I have to address is Bam-Bam's Hair. Why is the hair white? I feel like he is a old man. Everything else is excellent and cool. 98/100 Awesome.
  • My favorite cartoon of my childhood

Love it.GREAT!
  • Childhood memories.

Ahh, yes! This cartoon made a huge mark in my memories! Family oriented too. Fred Flinstone, a man that lives in the cretaceous period, always sets adventures on a different astonishing places, along with his wife, Wilma, and his friend, Barney Rubble. Rubble has a wife Betty. Their wives, most of the time, likes to drag them back home because of unfinished errands, too dangerous places, and if they have something in command. He has a pet dino, which sometimes causes trouble in an funny way. Their silly nature results in more craziness! Their voice acting is nice, art is retro, good. Overall: 10. Perfect show, cartoon. A legend for my childhood. "YABBADABBADOO!"
  • the most ridiculous and overrated show ever!

I once saw this at school and I hated this and I still hate this.People are trying to copy from the Roman times and I hate shows that involve history and I really hate history.Great thing its canceled and its so overrated.
  • Great for family and kids!

This ideal family goes on adventures in their cavemen outfits, and encounters dinosaurs and more! The graphics are great, the characters are classics for a reason because of they're remarkable voiceovers, silly atittudes, and come on, who can really forget Wilma and Fred?!
  • Wilma and Betty

When I was little I had a Fred,Barney,Pebbles,Bam Bam and Dino set too bad they never had Betty and Wilma. The Bam Bam one came with a drinking straw and a cup I still have the cup.
  • The Flintstones were to animation what I Love Lucy was to live-action sitcoms. Both shows paved the way toward better fare such as The Simpsons in the decades to follow.

While the opening title sequence was merely okay for the first couple seasons, the inclusion of the theme song for The Flintstones beginning with Season 3 is instantly the most memorable thing that can be said about this classic series. The only thing that would have been funnier is if Fred would have gotten off work at the quarry; heard the whistle; utter his trademark "Yabba-Dabba-Doo!"; gotten off the bronto slide; and, instead of landing in his car, Fred ended up falling into a hole in the ground, yelling "HEY! WHAT THE--HELLLLPPPPPP!!!!" as his body flails helplessly beneath the earth en route to Hades, with Fred comically trying to run away from the Devil. Perhaps Seth MacFarlane should use this warped opening in his reboot of The Flintstones, scheduled to air on FOX in 2013.
  • Just okay.

Perhaps I rated this show higher than my true feelings towards this show, but I feel that it is better than plenty of other shows. It had some decent humor and was entertaining while it lasted. I guess my big problem with it is that it was very predictable and easy to pick on. The characters were okay and the plots, storylines, and comedy was also decent. I could have done without all the repeated sight gags and jokes, though. Overall, this is an okay show that is mildly entertaining and also very much mildly interesting. So it wasn't bad at all. Thank you.
  • An American Classic

Before King of The Hill, Family Guy or the Simpsons or any other animated series there was the Flintstones. Yabba Dabba Doo is a part of the American lexicon and lovable lug Fred Flintstone is an American icon. Fred might be loudmouthed, illtempered and a goof but he loves his wife Wilma, dotes on his daughter Pebbles (or Pebbly-Poo as lovingly called her) gets tackled by Dino and is a loyal friend to his neighbor Barney Rubble. Though some might call the cartoon dated, it is a piece of Americana and just simple fun. Any and all primetime cartoons owe must trace their lineage back to this Modern Stone Age family.
  • Perfect; How can you not like it?

This is another one of those animated classics from the 60's that I love to watch when I get the time. The Flintstones are legendary, as the first animated comedy geared towards children, and man was it fun to watch. I occasionally watch it on boomerang, and it will forever be a cherished memory for me. It was simple and clean fun, nothing dirty or over the top or random like today's cartoons. Just funny. Plain and simple. They may have gone downhill before it ended, but who cares. I still love it, and anyone who likes animation needs to watch this. 10/10 A+
  • perfect

One of the most well-beloved cartoon series of all time. I like it a lot myself. The show is about Fred Flintstone, his wife and kids, and his friend Barney Rubble, all in Bedrock. There's a lot to love about this show- it's funny, the plots are good, the characters are likable and overall it is a really funny and entertaining show. Timeless. I'll bet people in the future will like this show too. It's not the best cartoon ever or anything but it is really enjoyable. If you have not seen it I definitely recommend it. A perfect show
  • Ah the best childhood memories from TV

I have no clue whether this as good as I remember it but I wish a DVD remastered version would come out, proper sets of each series.

I just loved this show, it was people in the stone age dealing with every day problems just like we did. Its mid life crisis comedy just set a long way back.

Any child will love this program, its great funny and just light hearted. Nothing to make you cringe or feel awkard, just good clean family fun.

I recommend this show to anyone who has Kids, and I just wish that cartoon network started playing this, the Jetsons and the old scooby doo again rather than all the rubbish it now plays.

Can't really give you many details I just recommend any young kind should watch it and enjoy what their parents watched, which I believe they will.
  • I love The Flintstones. It's one of my favorite cartoons ever. My favorite character is Bamm Bamm Rubble. But all of the characters were so cool.

Fred Flintstone is funny in every episode. And so is Barney Rubble. Actually, Fred, Barney, and Wilma, were the three best cartoon characters and they were always so funny together. I didn't care much about Betty Rubble. She was o.k. but they didn't do much with her. They did more with Dino than they did with Betty. My favorite character ever is Bamm Bamm Rubble. The worlds strongest boy. He made me laugh so hard every time he was on the show. It was funny how, since they lived in the stone age, they used dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures as things like can openers and phones and even the shower. It was a mammoth who sprayed water on Fred. This had to be the best cartoon ever. But I hated that stupid alien, The Great Gazoo. That character was annoying and I never liked watching the show when he was in it. That was really the only thing that I didn't like about the show. Everything else about it was great.
  • About friends living in the Stone Age.

I love the Flintstones. It's such an original show. It's always been one of my favorites. It amazes me that a show lasted so long, from 1960 to 2001. The character have been pardonied in many shows. This show is about 4 friends and kids living in the stone age. It is considered a classic lasting four decades. The Flintstones still airs on Cartoon Network's sister channel, Boomerang along with many other classics. The Flintstones is said to be like The Simpsons except older. Overall I give The Flintstones an outstanding 10. It's one of the best shows of all time.
  • a show that started it all and paved the way for others like it to come

the flintstones was a really good cartoon i did not grow up in the 60s but grew up watching the repeats of the show in the 90s and was a huge fan and own all the boxsets of the show. but anyway its about two familys the rubles and the flintstones. well mostly the flintstones. but anway fred and william flintstone are married and they live right nextstore to the rubbles and fred and barney are friends and they work to geather at the quary. they do alot of mining. but anway the show has alot of funny moments like when friend pushs the police offcer in the water during a party and then goes to jail that was when they the pool made. fred and barney get into arugements and disputes sometimes and the flintstones also have a kid pepbles and a pet named dino. it was such a good show that has alot of stuff in it like the honey mooners. but i think the flintstones paved the way for such shows as the jetsons and the simpsons .
  • The Flintstones is one of the all time classics of American animation.

The Flintstones is one of the all time classics of American animation. The endurance and staying power of Fred, Barney, Wilma, and Betty is a testament to the quality of the shows.

The Flintstones was originally aimed at adults, but eventually found its niche as a children's show. The comedy is fairly standard 60s era sitcom material. But is done well and with care.

The prehistoric setting creates tons of opportunities for great visual gags. And the steady stream of "rock" puns are very enjoyable for children.

Perhaps the best thing The Flintstones had going for it was that wonderful, catchy theme song. It sort of burrows into your brain and stays there. "Flintstones, meet the Flintstones." I don't think I could forget that song if I tried.

The Flintstones is a classic show. Good, honest humor and a slice of American nostalgia. Great show.
  • One of my favorite childhood shows.

When I was little, 'The Flintstones' was one of my favorite shows that was on Cartoon Network and I would watch it every time I got the chance. My parents stopped having cable when I was 5 but then got it back later when I was 6 so I started watching it again and I loved watching in daily. I seriously think that 'The Flintstones' and 'Scooby-Doo' are the 2 best shows that Hanna Barbara ever made. 'The Flintstones' has always been a hilarious show. It has always cracked me up how Barney would make Fred mad and how Fred would get angry at Barney. They where kind of reminded me of Earnie and Bert from 'Sesame Street'. XD It's also funny how the charactors use animals and such for different objects like a porcupine for a comb or an elephant for a vaccume cleaner and the animal would comment on how hard it was. The series got better and better as it went along. It introduced more enjoyable charactors like Pebbles and Bamm Bamm plus it got a better intro and outro. I don't think anything ever made this show go downhill, not even the Great Gazoo even though some Flintstones fans hate him. I don't think 'The Jetsons' could ever be any funnier the 'The Flintstones' and I think 'The Flintstones' is pretty much a tie with 'The Simpsons' in my opinion.
  • The flintstones is one of my favorites cartoons thats why i rated it 8.7

I like the flintstones because it is good to see how things were back in those days compeared to these days like how the houses are made of stone and what things they used like an elephant for a shower and the way cars are designed and the lawn mowers are a baby dinosores and they did not care about wearing shoes pet dogs were pet dinosores the newspaper was made of stone the cloths were like rags how they had to wright thing on stone using a hammer and a chisel and how big the eggs are and all together i just like the flintstones.
  • One of the greatst of All Time!

The Flintstones is a classic how can anyone not like, The Flintstones? It is such a joyful show to watch it always will make you happy. If your upset welll maybe not all of the time but you get what I mean, The Flinstones has been on TV for years. While I would change it to make The Flinstones on a channel, were everyone can watch The Flintstones. I think its good still that it airs on Boomerang channel if anyone ever wants to, watch a classic cartoon try to watch The Flintstones. Compared to amny terrible cartoons out on TV now days The Flinstones, and the other classic cartoons are 100 times better. I rate The Flinststones a 10.
  • The Adventures of Fred Flintstone and his family

"The Flintstones"

The Flintstones was a parody on modern suburban life, set in the Stone Age. The characters in the cartoon series all behaved and spoke in a contemporary manner, though they lived in the prehistoric city of Bedrock. Fred worked as operator of a dinosaur-powered crane at Rock Hard & Quarry Cave Construction Co. (slogan: "Own Your Own Cave and Be Secure"). Around their split-level cave the Flintstones enjoyed such conveniences as Wilma's Stoneway piano, a hi-fi on which Fred could play his "rock" music (it consisted of a turntable and a bird with a long beak to serve as a needle), a vacuum cleaner (a baby elephant with a long trunk), and an automatic garbage disposal unit (a famished buzzard stashed under the sink). Their car, which sported tail fins, also came equipped with steamroller wheels--to smooth out the rocky road.
  • A legend among cartoons

I don't even know how to start this review.. every knows about this cartoon! Is beyond the word popular.. It has become a true legend among the industry of cartoons. Like many others, The Flinstones are along my dearest memories of my childhood, these are the cartoons which made me spent half a day, or entire days just watching them.. When I think about the good old times the words The Flinstones popps immediately into my head. Anyway, I'm sure others said much more great things about it.. so for not repeating I'm just gonna stop here. This cartoon doesn't need words to describe it..
  • They did things, that no other cartoon would do.

Besides being the best prime time cartoon.
    They had episodes where other cartoons wouldn't venture, such as, Fred had a gambling problem, Wilma was actually...Pregnant, Fred suspected Wilma of cheating, Fred thought Wilma was trying to kill him for insurance money,
    Barney and Betty adopted a child. There were other examlpes of course.

Did any other cartoon have appliances that talked, prime time or otherwise. They used words that probably went over most kids heads, but the parents probably understood them.

By the time Bam Bam came on board (1963-64) they directed it more towards kids, but it was still a very good cartoon.

They started trends, that influnced other cartoons.

The Flintstones were ahead of their time.
  • The first and best primtime animated series. Fred Flintstone ranks up there with Ralph Kramden as an iconic character

What can you say about the modern stone age family that hasn't already been said. Yea, Fred was a hothead, but you would be hard pressed to find a more lovable lug. His wife Wilma was patient loving and more often than not his foil. Barney Rubble was his best friend, bosom buddy and lifelong companion and Barney's Betty had to have had one of the classic laughs in TV. Sure the plota sometimes had more holes than a swiss cheese factory, but it was good clean fun and a cartoon staple for a generation. This scribe was born 6 years after it stopped airing first run and still grew up on it.
  • The misadventures of two best friends who buy caves next door to each other. One of the greatest animated series of all time.

Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble are next door neighbors, best friends (most of the time), and members of the Bedrock Water Buffalo Lodge. Fred works at a construction company. Unfortunately, Barney has problems keeping jobs. He has a few different employers during the course of the series. Wilma Flintstone and Betty Rubble are housewives, except for one episode where Wilma is a TV star and another where Betty runs errands for a "senior citizen" who turns out to be a counterfeiter. Both the Flinstsone and Rubble families get a new addition. Wilma has a daughter, Pebbles. Betty adopts a son, Bamm-Bamm. Pets also play a role in the series. The Flintstones have a dinosaur named Dino. The Rubbles have a Hopasaurus (cross between a dinosaur and kangaroo) named Hoppy. I think the best thing about "The Flintstones" was the celebrity guest appearances. I especially remember the episode in which "Darrin and Samantha Stephenstone" appeared.(Actually Mr. & Mrs. Stephens from "Bewitched") When the series was cancelled, it still remained on the air in syndication. Various reincarnations of the series also were developed, including "Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm" and "The Flintstones Kids". There were even two live action movies made. My favorite was the first one. My favorite movie moment was Betty's shopping trip to Bloomingstone's Department store. Her "Ameristone Express" credit card is declined and Wilma pays the bill for her. I will forever remember the wonderful times I had watching this show!
  • This was a great show.

I really enjoyed this show because it was a true classic in the cartoon history. Also I liked characters like Fred because he was funny and all and I really laughed when they used to ride their cars in which were made of stone, because it was hilarious. Also Barney was funny and his son even better, like in one episode of this series that Barney's son was stronger than Fred was a really funny moment. The way Fred yelled to Velma so she could open the door of the house was also a hilarious moment and I truly enjoyed it and also this show that has been a true cartoon show that deserves it's respect through the years pass.
  • One of the greatest cartoons ever made!

The Flintstones chronicle the daily lives of Bedrock residents, the Flintstones, and the Rubbles. From these simple characters, come a half hour of gags, laughs, and moments that you will never forget. This show has been my favorite ever since I was a little kid. Ever since I first saw this show, I fell in love with the characters, and even the animation style. This show makes me laugh continuously for 30 minutes striaght, because there is just so much material that connects to my happier side. This show also set the trend for later cartoons, and shows. I love classic cartoons, but this one has to be my favorite.
  • a show for all ages

The Flintsones is a show for all ages. Fred and Barney were mky favorites when I was a kid, I like it now and I am almost sure that I will like it when I am old. It has everything: comedy, plus great adventures and funny complicated situations. At the end it got a little shallow, especially when Gazoo apeared. But, besides that, it was a really great show about a stone age society mirrored in our modern society. Same ocupations, same problems, same life. Only a lot of years earlier...

"The Flintstones" is by far the best animated sitcom.
< 1 2 3 4