The Flintstones

ABC (ended 2001)

virginia17

The Flintstones Fan Reviews (97)

• the most ridiculous and overrated show ever!

I once saw this at school and I hated this and I still hate this.People are trying to copy from the Roman times and I hate shows that involve history and I really hate history.Great thing its canceled and its so overrated.
  • Not very good

I think that it is just plain stupid i mean the way they walk they look so wierd and the things they do is ment to be funny i have seen over 1000 shows funnyer than that its a stupid waste of time stupid and annoying. they should stop it while they have the chance
  • Just okay.

Perhaps I rated this show higher than my true feelings towards this show, but I feel that it is better than plenty of other shows. It had some decent humor and was entertaining while it lasted. I guess my big problem with it is that it was very predictable and easy to pick on. The characters were okay and the plots, storylines, and comedy was also decent. I could have done without all the repeated sight gags and jokes, though. Overall, this is an okay show that is mildly entertaining and also very much mildly interesting. So it wasn't bad at all. Thank you.
  • Like Cotton Candy, The Flintstones Is Mostly Little Substance And A Lot Of Air

3.5
    I used to watch The Flintstones as a kid but, after having watched The Simpsons and The Jetsons for much of my adult life, the humor of this stone age cartoon has gone stale. Even Three Stooges shorts are more enjoyable...
  • Now You can get Season 1 on DVD. Season 2 Season 3 Hanna Barbena. Good Cartoon on TV. Get your Season 1 now at your store. 28 Episodes on Season 1. This a good cartoo

DVD

Season 1 - Out now
    Season 2 - Out now
    Season 3 - Out now

Goto your DVD store.

You will love it.

You get info about the cartoon.

The voises behind the cartoon.

Fun.

Games.

Funny. The first famly on your home.

Watch them over agian.

I like to know which one you like in this cartoon? E-mail

• Good

6.8
  • Good show!

7.1
    I think every kid grew up watching the Flintstones!!!! I know I did. They were on several times a day on several channels. This is one show that parents actually watched too. They don't make cartoons like this anymore. I never cared for the two live movies they made. The cartoon was so much better.
  • A classic parody of modern-suberban life set around 64,000,000 B.C.

7.7
    This show is the best. If you don't have it, I reccommend you buy the entire series on DVD (if you have the money and the time).

I promise that eaach and everyone will get a laugh out of these character's goofy antics. Everyone and anyone who likes The Flintstones should buy the entire series on DVD. I personally reccommend it as a part of anyone's DVD collection.

However, if you don't like The Flintstones, then I don't reccommend it as part of your DVD collection.

Like I said before, you'll most likely get a laugh out of this one. This parody of modern Suburban life is a treat the whole family can enjoy.
  • yup. perfectly fits the show.

7.7
    the flinstones was a good show. but not the least bit logical. not that i care if it's logical or not. i mean half the shows on my favorites list aren't logical. just like this show. but i like it anyway. and their theme song is good. if the show was bad, i would probably stop to listen to it.
  • Maybe too adult for me

Few ep (04)
  • The Flintstones were to animation what I Love Lucy was to live-action sitcoms. Both shows paved the way toward better fare such as The Simpsons in the decades to follow.

While the opening title sequence was merely okay for the first couple seasons, the inclusion of the theme song for The Flintstones beginning with Season 3 is instantly the most memorable thing that can be said about this classic series. The only thing that would have been funnier is if Fred would have gotten off work at the quarry; heard the whistle; utter his trademark "Yabba-Dabba-Doo!"; gotten off the bronto slide; and, instead of landing in his car, Fred ended up falling into a hole in the ground, yelling "HEY! WHAT THE--HELLLLPPPPPP!!!!" as his body flails helplessly beneath the earth en route to Hades, with Fred comically trying to run away from the Devil. Perhaps Seth MacFarlane should use this warped opening in his reboot of The Flintstones, scheduled to air on FOX in 2013.
  • Going down in History

To measure the history of television from 1960 to 1966, you have to measure the success of "the Flintstones." It became one of the first cartoon series to made to prime time. when it did, a good number of cartoons series went to prime time. In 1960, the flintstones were selling cigerettes. When Pebbles arrived a few years later, the cigerette commericals were gone and were replaced with Welch's Grape. Hanna Barbara has made "the Jetsons" into Prime time in 1962, but it lasted one season, but the reruns remain. By 1966, when ABC cancelled "the Flintstones," there are the last animated series to leave prime time to go to Saturday Morning Television. They were rerun on NBC before it went syndicated. they are some episode that are good and some are not, but whatever you like them or not, you can appreached the fun you had with the Flintstones.
  • I loved the Flintstones as a child, but watching it back as a teenager has raised some questions.

Don't get me wrong, I love The Flintstones - but I just wonder how I ever put up with watching the obnoxiousness of Fred Flintstone. He had his moments when he was sweet, or funny, but the constant "You're my wife, you're there to cook me dinner, you're not supposed to have a social life" etc wound me up a little. If I was Wilma, I would've been out that door faster than you can say "See ya!"

But I absoloutely love Barney, he is so sweet, and in the later episodes, I thought Pebbles and Bam Bam were the most adorable cartoon babies ever.
  • Classic yet still funny

The Flinstones will remain funny, and the silly characters will remain the icons they are these days. The lives of Fred and Barney are a reflection to the American society back then and still are. It still is one of the most original concepts there is. The animation is kinda s*cky, but that doesn't bother me. The Flinstones forever, yabba dabba do :D
  • As much I hate to admit it.. this is a classic.

As much I hate to admit it.. this is a classic. And i hate to do that beckause it aint my type of a show. But if you look at the fame it got and lots of fans, you will se the magic of this show. It just is a good cartoon that you start to watch and its hard for you to stop ! Even if it is old, every episode has a good plot that always brings a smile..even a little one.. on your face. You may like other types of shows, but you gotta love this one.
  • The Flintstones were essentially The Honeymooners,but set in the Stone Age.Fred was a hard working quarry worker married to strong-willed Wilma,and their best friends were Barney and Betty Rubble.

Yes,The Flintstones were a copy of The Honeymooners,and yes,many of the early plots were very similar to the former series,but The Flintstones developed its own style,and at least in the early shows,there was strong writing,and great comic acting from the four stars.It doesnt really suprise me that Michael Maltese was one of the writers on the early shows,because he had such a hilarious style working with Chuck Jones at Warner Bros.There was some great satire on marriage in the first few seasons,and on pregnancy when Wilma got pregnant on the show.Unfortunately,adding a baby changed the whole direction of the series.There was less satire on marriage and more silly plotlines.In some ways its similar to what happened on I love Lucy,but even there they still managed to find ways to get Lucy into trouble.But The Flintstones needed that edge to stay funny,and having a baby took away that edge.It became just another run of the mill family sitcom.But at its best,it was as funny as any sitcom of the period.I still thnk it is one of the most underrated sitcoms in TV history.

• One of the most well known cartoons ever!

The Flintstones is a wonderful cartoon that was ground-breaking in the cartoon industry. Hanna Barbara created this show for kids but people of all ages fell in love with the Bedrock family. The Flintstones is centered around the lives of Fred, Barney, Willma, and Betty. It tells the everyday stories of these friendly neigbors. If you have never been exposed to this classic show I highly recommend you cecking it out. Even though the show is ageing it still obtains all the elements of a great series. The Flintstones were on the air for six seasons and every episode is a jewel.
  • Don't care what people have to say about it. This is a great show!

The Flintstones are awesome! Fred Flintstone is hilarious. "yabba dabba doo!" and his best friend Barney Rubble is also cool! Great family show without any violence that anyone can watch without feeling offended by any of the lines. A unique idea of bringing the family to the stone age is what made this show so great!

Ok, so maybe some people think this is a rip-off from another cartoon, but don't forget that this is a major classic which started off a revolution of cartooning!
  • Another timeless classic

' The Flintstones ' another classic cartoon which will be around long after most of us are gone. This is a classic which I did not get introduced to until syndication. It was one of the few shows which I hurried home from school just to watch. My daughter is not yet in to The Flintstones as I was when I was her age but I am surprised that she knows most of the characters.
    This was a family cartoon which your entire family could watch together and not be afraid of what was coming next. I am sorry to see that The Flintstones have been retired to a network such as Boomerang as it is not widely available to everyone as it should be.
  • Well yeah the flinstones is a classic and it paved the way for many future cartoons. Its just a great show.

Yes the Flinstones did pave the way but the show is going down hill with the new viewers. They don't even show the show any more.With out anyone to watch the Flinstones it will disaper from our television sets. There should be new episodes with better graphics. This show is a classic !!
  • An entertaining older animated series, Staring a Selfish, and funny man, Fred Flintstone, his wife, Wilma, and their neighbors, Barney, and Betty, living lives in the prehistoric town of Bedrock. Whenever they get in trouble, they try to sneak out of it,

I love this show! Its not really on anymore too much, but I would watch it anytime! The best Older show ever! I think its very funny, and good-natured! I wish they made a new series of The Flintstones! I watched it growing up on Cartoon Network, but I don't see it on anymore. If anyone knows the times this show is on, please let me know!!!!!! Thanks, and I recomend you watch this show!
  • This was a great show.

I really enjoyed this show because it was a true classic in the cartoon history. Also I liked characters like Fred because he was funny and all and I really laughed when they used to ride their cars in which were made of stone, because it was hilarious. Also Barney was funny and his son even better, like in one episode of this series that Barney's son was stronger than Fred was a really funny moment. The way Fred yelled to Velma so she could open the door of the house was also a hilarious moment and I truly enjoyed it and also this show that has been a true cartoon show that deserves it's respect through the years pass.
  • Great show, really creative.

The flinstones were one of the most creative cartoon families ever. They propeled their car by their feet and had a pet dinosaur. They still went through the same problems that we have today. This is what sperated the flinstones from other cartoons. The show was great and is one of T.V.'s classics.
  • A really good old, classic cartoon.

Classic cartoon about a prehistoric family named the Flintstones. It is famously based on "The Honeymooners" TV show which stared Jackie Gleason. Jackie's part is taken over by Fred . His best friend and neighbor is Barney Rubble which would be the Art Carney's part. He is very likeable and loyal to his best friend but not the sharpest tool in the shed. The two best friends do everything together. They bowl on the same team and they belong to the same lodge. The dinosaurs are a big part of the show. They are used as washing machines, record players, car horns, airplanes, cranes and even as pets. The two main characters also have wives. They also are best friends. This is a classic cartoon/comedy that holds up well even against current shows. It would be great if a show could be made like this today.
  • One of the best cartoons of my era.

The Flinstones, to put it Frankly, was one of the best cartoons of my era and certainly set a standard for future animated series to come. The premise was simple: A stone-age family living in thoroughly modern conditions thanks to a host of animals who were used for everyday modern conveniences such as washing dishes and vacuuming floors. However, the show was about more than that. It was about family ties showcasing the love between Fred and Wilma and between their next-door neighbors Barney and Betty. It was about enduring friendship between Fred and Barney and between Wilma and Betty. It was about the responsibilities of parenthood once Bam-Bam and Pebbles came along. The characters were all different and interesting in their own ways and I happily watched the series in syndication for many years after school. I miss it. It reminds me of happy times when the tv world was more concerned with wholesome, family fun.
  • The Flintstones is a show that will be remembered as a classic.

The Flintstones is a show that depicts life during the Stone Age. The show focuses around one family, the Flintstones. Fred is the husband that works at a quarry, Wilma is his wife, who is a homemaker. Dino, their dinosaur pet, and Pebbles, the Flintstone baby that was added during the series. Their neighbors were the Rubbles: Barney, Fred's friend that works at the quarry with him, Betty, Wilma's friend and Barney's wife, and Bamm-Bamm, their strong son that the Rubbles adopted.

This was one of the best shows and it still is. It was really funny, especially the way they use animals as devices like vacuum cleaner, garbage disposal, etc. It had a great plot, great characters and voice actors, and it is original. This show is a classic, too. Overall, a classic superb show.
    9/10.
    ~Pharaoh2.
  • The Flintstones was a magnicent show about a modern 1960's couple (and later on child) that just happens to also be set in the stone Age, two time periods in one, extra points for creativity!

The Flintstones has always been a favorite of mine. Everything, the characters, the plot outline, the animal convinences, the stone houses, were so original! There was Fred, the bumbling, slighty mean, crabby, but good at heart Fred (and main character)Barney, Fred's best friend, corny, short and lovable, Wilma, wife of Fred, funny, your basic wife and mother figure, Betty, wife of Barney. loyal, best friend to Wilma, Dino,tone age dog, Pebbles, adorable baby of Fred and Wilma, and Bam-Bam, strongest baby in the world, pride of Betty and Barney. Next, each episode was realistic, with a comedic touch, not just complete and otter sillyness. They also had wonderful supporting characters/guest stars whether it be Wilma's mom, Uncle Tex, Mr. Slate, Arnold the paper boy, the kissing burgler, or even that guy with a wheezing laugh in "Dial "s" For Suspision". Now on to the few things I didn't about this show 1.The Continuity- The house always changing, the cars, Dino's color, Mr. Slate, events that happen in episodes, the same thing over and over again while they run, it was just plain annoying, and 2. Hoppy, can I hear an annoying/ totally pointless chant!?But in concusion, the LFlintstones was still a wonderful show that both kids and adults will love :)!
  • Flintstones meet the Flintstones .........

What a classic cartoon it would be one of the first that comes to mind when you mention cartoons.
    Pebbles, Bam Bam, Dino, Wilma, Fred were all favorites of mine.
    Fred was so funny and I loved how Dino would always lick his face when he got home, how loyal.
    A childhood favorite.
  • It started in 1960. And now Barney is plotting to steal Fred's Cereal.

It started in 1960. And now Barney is plotting to steal Fred's Cereal. Why can't Barney just buy his own box?!

The first few episodes are very old. And Mr. Slate looked like Mr. Spacely! and the Mr. Slate we know was actually called Mr. RockHead. And then they got better, but I don't really like the stone ages.
    Then they had a syndicated version of the show, produced by Screen Gems, where they had a studio audience.

And they had The Pebbles And Bamm Bamm Show. And the kids were all different ages.

They made a movie. I liked them, but they could have done much better. They have great actors. And I thought it was funny when Bamm Bamm pushed Pebbles on the swing.

They made many Christmas Specials, and then they had the Jetsons and The Flintstones Crossover.

But I don't like the commercials at all. "Bawnee! My Pebbles!"
< 1 2 3 4