The Flintstones

ABC (ended 2001)

virginia17

The Flintstones Fan Reviews (97)

• The misadventures of two best friends who buy caves next door to each other. One of the greatest animated series of all time.

Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble are next door neighbors, best friends (most of the time), and members of the Bedrock Water Buffalo Lodge. Fred works at a construction company. Unfortunately, Barney has problems keeping jobs. He has a few different employers during the course of the series. Wilma Flintstone and Betty Rubble are housewives, except for one episode where Wilma is a TV star and another where Betty runs errands for a "senior citizen" who turns out to be a counterfeiter. Both the Flinstsone and Rubble families get a new addition. Wilma has a daughter, Pebbles. Betty adopts a son, Bamm-Bamm. Pets also play a role in the series. The Flintstones have a dinosaur named Dino. The Rubbles have a Hopasaurus (cross between a dinosaur and kangaroo) named Hoppy. I think the best thing about "The Flintstones" was the celebrity guest appearances. I especially remember the episode in which "Darrin and Samantha Stephenstone" appeared.(Actually Mr. & Mrs. Stephens from "Bewitched") When the series was cancelled, it still remained on the air in syndication. Various reincarnations of the series also were developed, including "Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm" and "The Flintstones Kids". There were even two live action movies made. My favorite was the first one. My favorite movie moment was Betty's shopping trip to Bloomingstone's Department store. Her "Ameristone Express" credit card is declined and Wilma pays the bill for her. I will forever remember the wonderful times I had watching this show!