"The Engagement Ring" was recorded April 8, 1960, and originally aired Nov. 25, 1960.
Lots of trivia in this episode. These are my questions and comments:
1. The 1960 theme song and credits are played.
2. The Flintstones have been married for 10 years.
3. Fred's middle initial is "F."
4. This is the first appearance of Mr. Slate, but he's not Fred's boss! Mr. Slate has a son and a daughter.
5. Betty meets Edna from "The Babysitters" at the grocery store and Betty asks Edna how her baby is. This is one of the few instances when the writers got the continuity right!