The Flintstones

The Split Personality

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Oct 28, 1960 on ABC

• Fred look out!

7.1
    Barney asks Wilma if he can use Freds drink.But,Wilma gave the drink to Barney without asking Fred.Fred goes to Barneys house.Notices he drunk Oil.Then a cap hit him and then he fainted.Once,Fred finally wakes up.He got a nice voice.And singing that annoys his neighborhood.And now,The neighbors start to look all over for Fred.
  • This episode was one of the very first episodes of the Flintstones I ever watched, it's very humorous, well writen, and well put together.

This episode starts with Barney accidently clonking Barney in the head with a bottle, and then Fred makes the "err, denal deral cahhhhhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhhhh noise." Then afterwords he becomes "Frederick" and starts talking in a fancy voice and acting all uptight. Hilarity ensues. Then when Wilma calls the doctor, he's unfortunitly a vet! My thoughts of this episode are that this is probably my favorite episode of the entire series and it's what got me into the show, I also enjoyed Betty's "Put a fence around Fred!" line and the dope of the vet that comes to visit. Almost anyone who watches this episode will love it.
  • Fred gets conked on the head with a bottle, and it changes his personality.

Originally recorded May 9, 1960, and aired Oct. 28, 1960. The most famous of the first-season episodes.
    1. Everyone is worried about Fred being hit on the head with a bottle. But what about his drinking the car polish? No one mentions that, and that probably affected him. No wonder his personality changed--he was probably hallucinating!
    2. Wilma talks about New Year's Eve.
    3. You learn that Barney's and Betty's full names are Bernard and Elizabeth. Their full names are never mentioned again.
    4. The 1960 theme and opening are played.
    5. Fred reads Percy Bysse Shelley's sonnets and sings a butchered version of the opera Don Pasquale.
    6. The elephant is named Trixie.
    7. The first of numerous episodes in which Wilma wants a fur coat.