A The Following Community
FOX (ended 2015)

Fox has revealed its schedule for early 2014, slapping premiere dates on the returns of American Idol and The Following, and the series debuts of Rake and Enlisted. The network also added some new details to its plan for a pair of straggler comedies, Us & Them and Surviving Jack, both of which will get the short-season treatment later in the spring.

American Idol will return with (what else?) a two-night super premiere on January 15 and 16. I hope you like strangers singing at you, because both episodes will be two-hour whoppers. The following week, the Thursday edition will slim down to just an hour. Kevin Bacon and his band of merry and possibly less-incompetent-than-they-used-to-be-but-come-on-do-you-really-believe-that FBI agents return for more Joe Carroll-hunting in The Following on Monday, January 20 at 9pm, following a special time-period switcheroo for the Season 1 finale of Sleepy Hollow. I assume Almost Human will take a break that week to see Sleepy Hollow off.

Fox's midseason begins January 10 with new comedy Enlisted, which stars Geoff Stults as one of three brothers working at an army base in Florida. The show was previously scheduled to debut in November, but the network changed its mind on that last month and decided it to hold the comedy it for 2014 instead. Though the pilot wasn't the strongest, I think the setting and misfit characters gives it a chance to be one of the better new comedies of the season. And Fox is giving its new hour-long series Rake every possible chance to succeed. The legal drama's debut will follow the NFL's NFC Championship Game on Sunday, January 19, before settling into its permanent time slot behind American Idol on Thursdays later that week. Rake stars Greg Kinnear as a self-destructive but brilliant (obviously) criminal defense attorney whose personal and professional lives clash (obviously). 

It also looks like Fox has cut down the Season 1 order of new comedy Surviving Jack, which will now run for eight episodes. The series is set in Southern California in the '90s and stars Chris Meloni as the father in a central father-son relationship. Surviving Jack joins its fellow new comedy Us & Them on the short bus; the Jason Ritter and Rory Gilmore (Alexis Bledal) sitcom was trimmed to just six episodes earlier this month. Both comedies are still awaiting premiere dates, which are expected to be sometime in the spring. 

Here's Fox midseason schedule, straight from the network:

FOX 2014 MIDSEASON PREMIERE DATES

(New shows in bold and ALL CAPS)

Friday, Jan. 10:

9:30-10pm – ENLISTED (series premiere)

Saturday, Jan. 11:

11pm-midnight – Animation Domination High-Def

Wednesday, Jan. 15:

8-10pm – American Idol (Season premiere, part one)

Thursday, Jan. 16:

8-10pm – American Idol (Season premiere, part two)

Sunday, Jan. 19:

6-10pm Eastern – NFC Championship Game (Live)

10-11pm Eastern/7-8pm Pacific – RAKE (Series premiere, night one)

Monday, Jan. 20:

8-9pm – Sleepy Hollow (Season finale; special time)

9-10pm – The Following (Season premiere)

Thursday, Jan. 23:

8-9pm – American Idol (Time period premiere)

9-10pm – RAKE (Series premiere, night two/time period premiere)

SURVIVING JACK and US & THEM will premiere sometime in the spring, dates TBD.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/18/2015

Season 3 : Episode 15

39 Comments
Comments (39)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
whatever... when are we getting Hannibal????? I know it's not on FOX but still...
Flag
Rake should be interesting to substitute Glee, why did they want to air Glee's 100th episode right after the winter break for no reason at all? It should be before!
Flag
I miss The Following.
Flag
I would probably be back to watch The Following. It is one of the worst shows on TV that I liked to watch. Strange but true.
Flag
The Following is fun, but it seems it will be very different when it returns. Less focus on the FBI for instance.

I'll give Enlisted a try, but Rake sounds really boring.
Flag
Reading the reviews here on the following is fun but the show... Not so much
Flag
Monday is going to be an interesting experiment in contrast. Sleepy Hollow, completely ridiculous and just fantastic in every way. The Following, utter bad and insulting to anyone's intelligence that watches it.
Flag
Can't wait till The Following and American Idol. ALSO SLEEPY HOLLOW!! I know the season finale will be good
Flag
So can anyone on tell me in The Following is worth catching up on? Even for a good laugh?

I'm surprised FOX are trying so hard with Rake, although I guess Sleepy Hollow can't be their only success story this season (if very well can be, but I imagine they don't want that to be the case).

Poor Enlisted, Surviving Jack and Us & Them, they never stood a chance.
Flag
The Following is horrible. It isn't even so utterly horrible that it is just fun to watch like Under the Dome was. I regret every hour I spent watching that show.
Flag
So true although the following was even worse than under the dome. Don't waste your time on the following but do read the reviews here on tv.com as they are often entertaining and a lot more fun than the actual show
Flag
But you would be back for season 2 right? I agree with you but I am watching anyway.
Flag
I really don't know. I have dropped a couple this year. Revolution, Son's of Anarchy, I might be able to hate watch it. But I don't know. I will likely give it the premier to see if they changed any of what made it horrible. But who knows, I really hated Under the Dome but I will likely be back next summer. I am moving in January out of the country so all my viewing is going to be streamed and through a tor. So we shall see.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
"...is The Following worth catching up on?"

NOPE

Flag
YES it is!
Flag
No it ain't. Even if you are a kindergartner it will insult your intelligence.
Flag
its just a TV show... just dont think too much about it and its all fine, i liked it! Police is never soo smart on tv and if they would be it would be finished in 2 episodes
Flag
The following is just like pll and under the dome its different and interesting watch you will enjoy
Flag
not interested in anything but sleepy hollow.
Flag
The season final should be amazing
Flag
most liking keep us hanging & frustrated to wait for next season.
Flag
Surviving Jack gets post Idol slot guys! Saw it on tvbythenumbers :)
Flag
talk about setting enlisted up to fail.
Flag
I am hoping Enlisted will be kind of quirky just like my favourite new sitcom Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Flag
YAY! The Following's back. TV's best comedy returns to us in January. Oh how I have missed you!

Flag
Follow this Show
Members